Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    It's 53 feels like 49 with a high of 55 then chances of rain and dropping temps this afternoon. Axe Sharpening: Start your week off right, with intention and what you said you were going to do.~~Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Send a message to let someone know you're thinking of them. Fitness quote for today: We are built out of the foods and fluid we put in our body; build something strong.~~Heather Mangieri (humankinetics.co) Motivational quote for today: Feeling guilty about the past or being concerned about the future is futile and will not change anything. Instead of investing your energy in useless thoughts, look at how you can improve things at this moment.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,700 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: Week 1 Day 1 of Cross training beginner workout.
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    spa1veywjlh0.gif
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yes please! I really miss the QOTD
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 -so happy to see a post from you. Glad the cat has a new home!
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Mom's bathing nurse started today. She will come twice a week. If there is a snow emergency Level 2 she won't come since I am here to help Mom and they only do those who have no help. There'll be 1 day a week I will still have to do the bath but at least 2 of them there will be a set time, not like she's been doing 8pm, 10pm, midnight, or maybe or maybe not, or I don't know. Phys therapy started earlier this week and the only thing he recommended as far as equipment was a sliding bath seat instead of the chair we have and it is due in tomorrow. We did get the Health Care Directives, Living Will, Guardianship papers done today. I did them for me as well. Only thing not done is DNR orders cos they don't come in the packet. Tomorrow take her to have staples and stitches taken out, take her to shoe repair, and also chiro. After that with the snow/ice that is to come won't be going anywhere. Apparently when you have well water if the power goes out you won't have water so I went today and got a water supply. She is actually taking a nap now and I have my feet propped up.
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone!

Prayers to all who need them. I have done my best to catch up on everyone's posts.

I am slowly getting back to feeling more normal partly because I have had more normal things to do. Mom's apartment is about half sorted and packed. Lots have and is coming to my apartment. Did not plan to bring so much home LoL. Mom's cat was taken to her new forever home 🤞. If not there are a couple other people that would like to take her. I am hoping to be back participating more over time. I have missed you all so much and appreciate all the support I have received.

So nice to hear from you. I am not on chats near as much now because my time is so limited since I returned to work in a small ladies store 10 minutes from home. I love the social time with customers if only my feet wouldn't give out. LOL
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

We do have a hard deadline to empty out Mom's apartment of the end of February. But I don't think we will need that much time. We have gotten a lot done already. We are just lucky she had already moved to an apartment so not as much stuff to go through. I have been practicing saying no to taking things that I don't really need. Still bringing way more than I ever thought I would. Who knows maybe I will part with more over time.

I am so glad to be back! I am hoping that I will slowly get back on track each day. Got an update on Sadie this morning with a photo. She seems to be liking her new home so far. She has a favorite human there already.

Today was weigh in. Gained a couple of pounds but not worried. I know I can lose what I have gained. My Son managed to have a great loss. Not sure how he did it but still very proud of him. Today's sign that things are starting to get back to normal was I got up with my alarm and got things done instead of going back to bed.

Tomorrow my brother is helping me move bins if not more from mom's to my apartment. Depends on if it is raining or snowing. I am so grateful that we are all getting along better. To bad it wasn't when Mom was alive. Better late than never I guess.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 20 feels like 7 with a high of 22 and snow continuing until 1PM. Axe Sharpening: Next time you're stuck in self-doubt or fear, act with confidence to free yourself & get moving in the right direction.~~Stacey Erving Jr 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Ask a friend how they have been feeling recently. Fitness quote for today: Work Out. Eat Well. Be Patient. Your body will reward you.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: See the positives in progress. Don't get frustrated with how long it takes, because small steps eventually lead to big results.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,401 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Modified cross training week 1 day 3 this afternoon.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 -yay for a great Sadie update! That’s great how much you have been getting done and how everyone is getting along
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    ejx7sbocxbng.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day. My brother helped me move a bunch of bins, the freezer and all the frozen food among other things. I also got lots of things at home done, some exercise and studying. I can't believe it's been a week since Mom's funeral. Time seems to be flying by. I got an email from my school today checking in on me as they have not had correspondence from me in 3 weeks. So I am doing my best to refresh my memory of everything so I can send my first exam in.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! It's a mostly cloudy day here today. Later on there will be snow. The snow ❄️ is supposed to keep going overnight and into most of tomorrow. My daughter says hello to everyone! I've done a mile with the miracle miles DVD. I am feeling great! I'll be doing some dancing in a while! Take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Time is so strange it can fast, and slow at the same time. Glad that your Moms place is being taken care of so quickly. Sounds like you'll be done ahead of time. I'm glad your school is checking in on you. They know your values. Glad Sadie is settling in. One of my dear Aunts died a week ago Sunday. Her kitty cat is 15, awww poor Mandy, she's so heart broken, but is with my 2nd cousin and hopefully she'll adjust. That's the scary thing of having a kitty cat or any pet when we are older. What will happen to them.
    @dkhudson56 ,, Sounds like things are moving along better. Glad your Mom has so much help, and you too!! That'll help you both out. NICE to have the paperwork done!! I HAVE MINE done, but KEEP on forgetting to get it all notarized,, putting that back on my list. Maybe tomorrow if the roads aren't to bad. Showers/rain until the evening, than ice, turning to snow, or so they think. LOL Living on the coast it's always a gamble as to what will we get? WILL we get? I hadn't thought about the electricity and the well, makes sense!!

Everyone please take care. Did you see we now have the Question Of the Day on our feed? Come and join us,, and help others to find it also please. This can help us to jump start our journey if we need to or just to pat ourselves on the back!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855505/daily-qotd-question-of-the-day#latest
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 11 feels like -6 with a high of 19 for today. Axe Sharpening: Patience & Consistency are everything. Do not give up because you don't see the scale move in just a couple weeks.~~Alexa Watson 1st Phorm Athlete Action for Happiness: Do an act of kindness to make life easier for someone. Fitness quote for today: Sweat off the stress~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Keep fighting through your worst days. It's how you earn your best days.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,406 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Modified Cross Training Week 1, Day4 this afternoon.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, Hi Patti!! I can't remember where you live,,, did you, are you getting the storm? We'll have a bunch of sleet, hours of it,, than snow. I'd much rather have sleet than freezing rain which is so destructive. Hope the day goes very well.
    @macrat12,,, Hi Sarah!! Absolutely keep through the worse days. It makes us stronger. More confident.