Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Options

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 -god update! Hope you can get back to your studies soon Enough!
    @cormierannie -Aw I hope your snow stops soon! I may need to do some miracle miles if we get the ice/snow they are predicting.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    Hi everyone! Super rainy day today. Tomorrow is mixed precipitation-my daughter is supposed to go for her driving test?

Mary
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @wallahalla ,, OH WE WISH that'd WORK!! LOL!
    @Bookienj ,,,, HI Mary!! Nice to know your name. That was my Moms name, so it just makes me SMILE!! She's been gone an unreal 30 years. Her life was always hard, but yet she was everybody's favorite. She taught me no matter what life throws at you, look at the best side of it you can.
    Hmmm it'd be a BRAGGING RIGHT if your D did go out, IF it's not icy to later on say "AND WHEN I got MYYYYY License it was really nasty out, but I PASSED FIRST TIME!" Of course kids are even more nervous just going for it. On the other hand, her just showing up ,, , if they hold the tests,,, almost a GUARANTEE she'd get it. Oh my huh?
    We are getting the same weather, being on the coast it'll be warmer, but only 15 miles in they're expecting 6 to 10"s, we are expecting 3 to 6 (likely the 3 it'll be more towards the 6 near that 15 mile land maybe. TIME WILL TELL!!! We put the windshield protector on the car, we HATE scraping ice!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

More snow all day. Stayed in. Went through my Mom's craft bins. Didn't get rid of much but have a lot of projects and yarn. Tried studying this morning and started to fall asleep so went back to bed. It has been a sad and happy week. My uncle passed away, then an ex co-workers father passed away and my cousin and his wife had there baby. Got some more dishes and laundry done. Even played cards with Hubby for a bit.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2,,,, I'd much rather have snow than the sleet coming in tonight into tomorrow. COOL on having projects!! I am so very sorry about your Uncle, it's so weird losing so many so quickly. Nice on the cousin and his wife having a new little one. Time marches on. Glad you got work done around the house, and got to play cards today!! I WATCHED a card game, I was late. I was okay with that, someone who doesn't win much DID WIN!!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    It's 8 with a high of 33 for today. Axe Sharpening: It’s not about being in the gym the longest, it's about being effective. Have a plan, execute the plan with the true intent of getting better that day.~~Collin Stark 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Organize a virtual 'tea break' with a colleague or friend. Fitness quote for today: Be someone who decided to go for it. Don't hold back. Train Hard until you become the best version of yourself.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: There is always a reason to smile. If nothing else, smile because you are alive.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,105 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: Modified Cross Training Week 1, Day 5 after breakfast and before the 1st Phorm Live Stream.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ,, HI!! How did the storm work out? Today it's a combo of sleet and freezing rain, so my exercise is inside, but already up to 40 Mins!! WOOHOO GOAL is 90 in tiny bits of times. They ALL add up!!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    happy friday everyone! it is a cool and sunny day here today. not as much snow came as was originally called for. my daughter is at a semestered high school. yesterday, the second semester started. now she has four different subjects, with two of them being music subjects. she works part time when she does not have school. her part time job is with the library. she really enjoys it and looks forward to going to work each time she is scheduled to be there. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing after supper. have a terrific day, everyone1
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cormierannie,, sounds good to us!! WOOHOO!!!

We did get 99% of SLEET and about 3's of it. I've not seen any cars in our city end speeding. A FIRST INDEED!! LOL

Main Street by where I live,,, only saw 2 cars, normally per red light cycle I'd see at least 20 to 30 on just the main street and another 15 to 20 on the smaller street

n9jiergwt76g.jpg
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    pgoxh5ugao67.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day overall. Sunny but bitter cold. Hubby woke my up around 4:30am 🙄. Got up and started my day by studying. Went back to bed around 7 am as I was tired. Slept for a couple hours more. The rest of the day was shoveling snow, laundry, Thank you cards for donations made in memory of Mom, cleaned for client then ran errands.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Diane: We just got rain here yesterday. So we missed the bullet on the storm.

It is cold out today.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    It's 16 feels like 8 with a high of 41 for today. Axe Sharpening: It's not about being a picture of perfect health. It's about the healthiest physical self as you can. It starts with you…NO ONE ELSE.~~Dan Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Make time to have a friendly chat with a neighbor. Fitness quote for today: Excuses don't burn calories.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: The mindset is truly everything.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,163 steps yesterday. Won't know my work schedule for next week until sometime today to plan the number of days in the gym and the number of at home modified training days.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good morning, are you ready to explore English Bay in Vancouver BC Canada? A little teaser to get you going. This picture is provided by my daughter who was there last week !
    k54xvdr82yil.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Be sure to check out the weather for the next 7 days for the area too !!
    https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/british-columbia/vancouver
    Remember, if you right click on the link and request a new tab/window, then your current window remains in place. Have a wonderful day everyone !!
  • bookieNJ
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol sorry I didn’t realize I never sign my name. Aw such a good legacy! Well she got her license! The weather behaved! It didn’t get icy til last night so it was kind of a waste of a snow day. It LOL!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    have an amazing day, everyone! off to get some much needed groceries!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

🌞 and freezing -15°c. Woke up at 5 am and studied. Also got some movement in, laundry and dishes. Also went to Mom's with my sister, brother in-law and Son. Got a lot more done. Only have 3 more Saturdays to get it done. Need to look into financing a storage unit as I have way to much stuff and a small apartment. I know there is more stuff I will be getting rid of eventually from my own personal stuff as Mom has some better things that I am replacing it with. My sister keeps laughing at me as we go through stuff because I keep saying I don't need or want anything then keep adding to my pile. It is a little funny but not really as I am starting to feel like a hoarder and I always complained that Mom had way touch stuff. Hoping to get my exam in the mail by the end of the week at latest but we will see.
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Survived the storm. Power went out Thursday 3p and came back on today 1245p. Home phone back working by 3p internet a bit ago. Couldn't go anywhere with my computer to post cos we were under level 3 emergency and this county declared state of emergency on Friday as we had highest percentage of power outages in the state