4ckjogmycbqb.jpg
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    It's 29 feels like 22 with a high of 44 for today. Axe Sharpening: If you can't find happiness in the small things, you won't find it in the bug things.~~Jena Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Get back in touch with an old friend you've not seen for a while. Fitness quote for today: Lifting. It's what I do. And it's what I love.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Change how you interpret your situation, and you will change how you feel about it.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,892 steps yesterday. Please check out yesterday's blog for my training plan for the week.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    pkajmjm2mktf.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Cseguin2,,, Brrr yeah that's cold. Glad things are getting done at your Moms. I only kept a few things of my Moms, over time now the only 1 that I see is a ring she gave me. She wore this all the time, and told me that after she passed for me to have it. Every time that I'd look at it ,,, it's her love wrapped around my finger. So this is really the only thing that continues to have meaning to me. We all that something so special that it always touches our heart. I DO wish I had her cookbook, but I have Grammies. Wishing you the best with this. It's surely not easy.
    akte3lt4q2xl.jpg

@Dkhudson56 , YO that's quite awhile without electricity!! SURE hope you were able to stay warm? Are you all unpacked? Enjoying it?

@wallahalla ,,, Love laughter!! some of the snowman one I laughed so hard!! TY TY TY for helping us to smile.

I took some egg rolls, and filled them with a combo of Italian sausage, ginger, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil,, WOW OH WOW!! These are so GOOD!! Never be afraid to turn any recipe into something you like. It was called an egg roll ,, but it's not really one the way I made them. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!! I used my air fryer since I didn't want all that oil. They're so crispy!!

w97jdtl1si3l.jpg

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today started out normal with studying. Am stuck on a question that I was stuck on shortly after Mom passed. Sent an email requesting assistance. Hoping to hear back tomorrow. Ended up at Mom's to do more as my sister changed her mind and forgot to tell me lol. Originally she wasn't going today. Oh well most of the sorting is done. Just a little to finish up then just more moving stuff. Hubby and I are trying to figure out how to finance a storage unit with everything thing else. I believe we can do it just have to tighten our spending. Told him I am willing to give up Valentine's dinner for the unit. My son needs a place to sleep when here.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, I hope the question gets answered tomorrow. though you weren't expecting to go today, it sped things up which of course is good. Glad you do not have to do that alone. Hope the moving part goes well. Oh I had to find storage for an aunt, it was so HORRIBLE of the prices they wanted!! YO!! I THOUGHT it was going to be inexpensive I WAS WRONG!!! Hope you can find one nearby at a price that's not to bad. It's not at all easy going through so many emotions. Its not easy to part with stuff quickly. I felt so disloyal to my Mom. We had an auctioneer come in after the family of vultures picked through EVERY POSSIBLE THING they could grab that they wanted,,, the auctioneer gave us a flat fee of what he'd pay. Shoot we'd of thrown it out on the curve since we had sold the house and it needed to be GONE RIGHT OFF. Still it was a great option and we did benefit. Oh I am SURE My Mom would of slapped us silly!! But we were exhausted. The house, we had put at a lower price (its in a very good area) we KNEW when we did that, many would flock and bid on it,, that it'd go into a bidding war, which it did. LOL did it ever. Still to us, it was MOMS HOUSE, and we didn't have the right, but of course we "did" but, to us, we didn't. Hopefully the rest of your family aren't being fools about this.
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Well, I survived another day with Mom. She wanted to put a lounge out in wash porch where Columbia Gas wall heater was that it warns to keep furniture etc safe distance in case of fire. I won that battle-do you want to be homeless especially after it took so long to get in here. And at the apts she almost did start a fire by throwing a pillow up against an electric wall heater and a neighbor came in and smelled it. Tonight she informed me if I would quit eating for a day maybe my bowling average would increase. I am thankful for friends who can listen to me vent even if there isn't anything they can do or I'd go absolutely insane
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 24 with a high of 50 for today. Axe Sharpening: You're going to make mistakes and that's OK. You will get to where you want to be as long as you keep going and don't quit.~~Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Show an active interest by asking questions when talking to others. Fitness quote for today: Fitness is like Marriage, you can't cheat on it, and expect it to work.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Life will put roadblocks in your way. But if you look carefully, the Universe will show you the detour. Your path is delayed, not denied.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,376 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: 45 min Active Recovery Cardio.
  • bookieNJ
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -those “egg rolls” look good!
    @dkhudson56 -hugs!
    Good morning everyone! Snowy day so I skipped the gym-did a brisk walk with hubby instead. My older one got her license on Saturday! I almost done with a good book (it’s dystopian but I am mostly enjoying it) and plodding through my book club pick (modern retelling of a Jane Austen book)
  • dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Mom fell last night. It was surface wound over her current. No stitches needed. She didn't want me to call squad so I called nurse's line so then she changed her mind and said I could call for squad. She say I made her fall. 745p she told me to keep waking her up while she was on the couch cos she didn't want to sleep so I did. Near midnight she said I wouldn't let her sleep so it was my fault. Wanted me to haul heavy end table out so she could get up. Wedged between it and bed. Moved stands then had to grab her legs to pull her out. Squad left with her and she isn't happy but I rearranged slightly. Took 3 rolling shelves/carts out of her room and put in shed. Wooden chest of drawers was moved. Everything that was on the shelves/carts is still in her bedroom now in drawers. She wanted to argue when she got home and I told her she may not have problem with all the stuff but I do. I've had no sleep since I got up Sunday morn but we are going to chiro this afternoon and I am going bowling tonight. 4 hrs without her. I am drop dead tired but going anyway
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    I did a blog on English Bay - with links to various sites, and until I go visit later this week, pics will have to wait. I prefer using my own pics since I own them and can share wihtout worrying that I am violating copyright laws. I'll put the link for those I am friends with but I will also post the blog here.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LindieMaeP/view?id=english-bay-vancouver-bc-canada-1002576

English Bay Vancouver BC Canada

History of English Bay:
    https://www.englishbay.com/history-english-bay/

Rainbow Dimsum:
    https://jinglebao.com/?fbclid=IwAR0bZvbQHZRr_BRFIf7aJ3HAzfR9muy0vRipJ0FTJ6abxKE2jVcOSWCHhYI

Happenings At English Bay

Since I don’t violate copyright the best thing for me to do is provide a link to the story. This one has been in the news on and off for a few weeks, ever since we had that one storm.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/owner-of-stranded-barge-in-vancouver-s-english-bay-plans-to-remove-it-in-pieces-1.5770364

There is a lot to do in the downtown core especially if you want walking trails or just walking the city streets looking at the older builds of Vancouver, including gas town. BUT be aware, The regular pickpockets know their territory well and will spot you in a second - heck they will spot me in a second and I LIVE here ! Don’t buy anything off the streets in those selling things out of their own clothes., Once I was downtown with my granddaughter and a guy tried to get us to exchange his US funds for Canadian - I directed him to where he could exchange it and get a good rate - he was not interested - point being, he wasn’t looking to exchange, he was looking to see how much you would pull out of your wallet and how much you have in it. He even talked about what bus my granddaughter was waiting for and where it went. He was NOT a tourist if he knew that much. So do be careful. Course a virtual visit will be careful BUT if you come literally … just be street wise.

Here’s another link you might find useful especially if you do come here. I only go down on Robson street a couple of times a year, its where I buy my new balance runners - I have been getting them for years here -and they are the only shoe that fits my inserts that I have to wear. There are a lot of neet stores, and eateries here but it is $$$

https://www.destinationvancouver.com/vancouver/neighbourhoods/robson-street/

Back to English Bay area - There’s also some great eateries and ice cream places here as well - you can have ice cream any time of the year - I know I do …

This is the city’s site for English Bay also known as First Beach and you can find a lot of things to do including the closest off leash park for your dogs …

https://vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/english-bay-beach.aspx

https://stanleyparkvan.com/stanley-park-van-english-bay.html

If the weather persists in being sunny I just may get on the bus and go down to English Bay area and get some fresh personal pictures to share, but if the weather is raining, not gonna happen this week.
    Remember when you click on a link, to right click and select “open in new tab/window” that way your current tab/window stays in place and you don’t loose it.

• wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    7zo84hrq4gc5.png
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was cloudy and cold. Enjoyed the walk with my son to and from blood lab even though my finger tips were frozen. Got more studying done waiting for him. Called to update my info on my life insurance. Found out that it had lapsed in 2020. I had been paying what Mom told me which was less than I was supposed to by $20. That wasn't the biggest issue. Mom also never changed the mailing address like she said she did. Again still not the biggest issue. When looked into proof that I had been paying it found out that I had been sending it to her life insurance company. So know I have to restart the policy and contact the other insurance company to try and get $$$'s of dollars back. On the storage front we can afford what we need but they changed policy last year and require a credit card on file. Well I don't have one. So still trying to figure that out. Also no response from the school yet when I last checked. Hoping tomorrow is better.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 33 feels like 27 with a high of 60 for today. Axe Sharpening: Confidence is built through doing things that are difficult.~~Jicky Li 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Share what you're feeling with someone you really trust. Fitness quote for today: Weakness is a choice: It's up to you.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Sending some good vibes and happy thoughts your way.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,669 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: truck unload this morning then modified Cross Training Week 2, Day 1 after dinner.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    Hi everyone! Much warmer day here!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @dkhudson56 ,,,, If I had someone helping me out, I'd not be critical, but sadly some are. Not sure if she's been this way all or part of your life or not, if it's fairly new, is she so frustrated at not being able to be on her own she's taking that out on you? Do you have any mental healthy/care giver support? There are MANY online sites for care givers (I know of a few on FB) that can help to handle the stress. If someone has never been a care giver or gotten help they really can't imagine the intense stress, even in the very very best of situations.

Sure hope you did go bowling!! Its a great exercise, and stress relief, BUT most of all, fun and we ALL need that in our lives. A chance to be you.

@Lindiemaep ,, that history took me a bit to read, but it's so NEAT seeing how an area was developed. Makes you wonder what the 3 men who first started it off, would think if they could see Vancouver now!! The beach area is very nice!! TY TY TY TY for ALL the work and the really cool pics you took!! LOVE the building with the painting (??) on it, that's so neat!! I love cities anyways, they fascinate me to every end!

These few of are of Portland, Maine (I grew up in Portland live near by now) I actually see some of these pics out of my windows, though these are not my pictures

1nplzxsm4bc4.png
    LOL hey it's winter, driving in Portland in the winter is ALWAYS interesting. The streets are not wide enough most of the time once snow/ice is there for 2 cars to pass. But, we've adapted.

sdx5ckpxn5zy.png
    5zu3jc23r8fv.png

Anyone else care to add pics of their area? I always think it's so much fun to see other areas. You'll notice Portland buildings are in general and by far, made of bricks or concrete. In 1866 on July 4th a HUGE fire happened in the city, thousands were misplaced, 18,000 buildings were burned down. Many were made of wood. So the city fathers put into the city building codes, no more wooden buildings, but instead brick/concrete were to be the most parts of all buildings from there forth. That has remained to this day. The city I live in also has this written in for the buildings in the "city area" personally I laugh, our "city area" they have done this in is rather small, fits on 1 street within 4 or 5 blocks. Still it's so beautiful to me, so see the bricks of various colors. Houses may be of any material it's businesses and larger housing units.

@Wallahalla,,, Love is so cool. Humor is so cool. ADD THEM TOGETHER and YOU WILL find so many giggles!! TY for helping many giggle daily.

@Cseguin2 ,,, SO SORRY about the insurance!! YO yes I NEED to really empathize to my GD about mine. All of us should make sure our loved ones know exactly and not by word of mouth, but written down, info given as to how it's to be paid, if payment is needed. Sadly as many friends parents pass they have no clue what the wishes are, or if they do know, where to find what's written (if it's written). Hopefully we all have this all organized. Now a days you can get a packet from your local hospital with all the forms you need from what meds /conditions/ to what to do in case of an emergency/ life decisions to death and what you'd like done. Having this all in one simple packet is so much easier. It removes so much stress for all. Hopefully the storage area situation can be worked out. Don't know if you can offer 3 to 6 months payment upfront? Or agree to pay 2 months ahead of time? Hope you had sunshine today. It's cold to me here though LOL it's finally over 35.

@Pattie241,, HI Patti!! Hopefully you are also enjoying the day!!

@Bookienj YEAH YEAH!! I am HOPING for some sunshine tomorrow!! ENJOY that warmth, but we all know there's still a little bit left to the winter (Snickers, cause we KNOW I LOVE WINTER!) but, before you know it, you'll be seeing tiny signs of life in the ground again.

Todays QOTD Yesterday we asked about food when tired, busy etc. Today ,,, you are tired, hurting, and know you "should" exercise, and or add in more time. What do you do? A) SKIP it because "I am just to tired, hurting etc."? Or "Start out to do 10 mins and see what happens from there?" Or how do you handle this situation?

Here's the link because when we answer these, others who lurk, often find an answer to a question they have.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855505/daily-qotd-question-of-the-day#latest