This Year is Our Year for Success!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,831 Member
    It might matter. They use fillers and stabilizers in medication. Maybe the new supplier has something in their version that didn’t agree with you.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    It might matter. They use fillers and stabilizers in medication. Maybe the new supplier has something in their version that didn’t agree with you.

Here's hoping it's just this one month like the first month.

It's a beautiful sunny day here today.

Tomorrow is apparently "eat anything you want" day. I can't have those days any more. LOL!
  • Helene610
    I guess you could eat what you want but probably just a mouthful of it.
  • Helene610
    We’re starting the trip north on Monday. We’ll stop to spend a few days with BIL. We haven’t been there since my sister died in December. We had him spend a week with us last month. He emails me every day so I know he’s alive and we’ll. From there, we’ll spend some time with my brother in SC. He caught Covid although vaxxed and 1 booster. He was waiting to get the second booster when he got a cold and cough. Positive test followed. He’s now negative so we’ll stop for a visit.
  • mdubbs1
    We’re starting the trip north on Monday. We’ll stop to spend a few days with BIL. We haven’t been there since my sister died in December. We had him spend a week with us last month. He emails me every day so I know he’s alive and we’ll. From there, we’ll spend some time with my brother in SC. He caught Covid although vaxxed and 1 booster. He was waiting to get the second booster when he got a cold and cough. Positive test followed. He’s now negative so we’ll stop for a visit.

Have a great trip!!!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Safe travels, Helene!

We are enjoying our week at the beach. We have another 2 days of sun and sand, then check out Saturday morning to return for another night with DH and SIL’s aunt, then home on Sunday. DH will then immediately unpack and leave that night to join his old college friend for a brief trip to Colorado. I’m looking forward to a few days on my own.
  • Helene610
    Vacation sounds wonderful. Is DH’s trip camping?
  • PamS53
    Not camping this time. He’s going with his friend to help with a few repairs to a vacation cabin they own that they are preparing to start renting out. They will leave Monday and plan to be back by Friday, so a very quick trip.
  • PamS53
    And now SIL tested positive for Covid this afternoon. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a gift that keeps on giving.
  • Helene610
    Navigating Covid sucks. You get vaxxed, boosted and are careful about distances and who you see. And still there are breakthrough cases. It seems like it will be a chronic disease we all live with like colds and flu. At least the vaccines can keep us from the life threatening versions.
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    And now SIL tested positive for Covid this afternoon. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a gift that keeps on giving.

Oh, no, crossing my fingers!!!
  • Helene610
    We’re packing up today and hope to leave tomorrow. We’re stopping at BIL,s tomorrow. He’s only a 3 hour ride so we can finish any tasks we don’t finish today and be at his house before dinner. I saw a news report on increasing level of variants. The Northeast is one of the mid to high risk. Not looking forward to that.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Safe travels north, Helene!

I thought I would give you an update. The tests revealed that the left atrium of my heart has enlarged more but it is still within the guidelines for an ablation. As a result. they ordered the ablation. I have no idea when that will occur but was told it would be within four months as they are booked. I wanted to do the Watchman also, so I could get off blood thinners and make surgery easier but the time wait on that is now about six months. I cannot have knee surgery as cardiology will not permit it as they don't want me off blood thinners while heart is in active aFib. The Holter test showed that it was non-stop in the 24 hour period it measured/ On a positive note, I'm not gaining.
  • mdubbs1
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Safe travels north, Helene!

I thought I would give you an update. The tests revealed that the left atrium of my heart has enlarged more but it is still within the guidelines for an ablation. As a result. they ordered the ablation. I have no idea when that will occur but was told it would be within four months as they are booked. I wanted to do the Watchman also, so I could get off blood thinners and make surgery easier but the time wait on that is now about six months. I cannot have knee surgery as cardiology will not permit it as they don't want me off blood thinners while heart is in active aFib. The Holter test showed that it was non-stop in the 24 hour period it measured/ On a positive note, I'm not gaining.

Thanks for the update! I'll continue to send out positive vibes that you can finally get your surgeries done! If people would just cooperate with what they are supposed to do, doctors could get back to helping everyone who needs it!

• mdubbs1
    We’re packing up today and hope to leave tomorrow. We’re stopping at BIL,s tomorrow. He’s only a 3 hour ride so we can finish any tasks we don’t finish today and be at his house before dinner. I saw a news report on increasing level of variants. The Northeast is one of the mid to high risk. Not looking forward to that.

People are all over the place in what they're doing/how they're responding.

My best friend wants to have dinner this week because she's envisioning being locked down again soon.

OTOH I was at the vet Friday. The vet is taking off to an island with 2 dozen vets. The other client that was there - a couple - are off to Portugal.

Medical personnel are all still masked and all requiring masking.

Vets are all over the place.

Grocery stores are no longer requiring masks for employees and most apparently don't have the sense to do it anyway. A decent proportion of shoppers are masked but by no means 100%.

• PamS53
    Jean, it’s good to hear from you. I’m sorry to hear that you will have to wait for the procedures you need. I’m sure that’s very frustrating and worrisome for you. At least there is a positive in that you aren’t gaining. I wish I could say the same.

Here in Texas, I’m seeing fewer and fewer masks. At my PT place, my therapist wears her mask at all times, but the rest of the staff have theirs dangling off one ear as often as not. Most of my doctor’s offices are still requiring them from both patients and staff. I’d say about 25% of the people in stores are wearing masks, both shoppers and store personnel. While we were in Florida last week I didn’t see many people wearing masks at all.

DH took 2 Covid tests today and both were negative. He was concerned because he was leaving tonight for a quick trip to Colorado with a friend and didn’t want to go if he was possibly positive but asymptomatic. Of course, he could still be incubating the virus but not yet positive, but there’s no way to know. Neither of us are showing any symptoms and we both have had our second booster shots, so I really don’t think we are very much at risk. At least, I hope so!
  • mdubbs1
    Pam - here's hoping you aren't very much at risk! Everything says you shouldn't be!
  • mdubbs1
    Everything's changing. My best friend and I are having dinner tonight. Luckily we decided to switch it up and go to Applebee's since I just heard our favorite restaurant has closed. Favorite not just for us for also for the group of CROM volunteers. I guess a top priority this year will be finding a new favorite!

Applebee's web site has a feature I hadn't seen before. They actually have a calorie calculator. E.g. you can put in house salad, tell it to take off croutons, and what dressing to add and it will give you a calorie count for the revised salad.
  • mdubbs1
    The Republican party in my home state has officially lost its collective mind. The guy who won the primary is downright scary and Dr. Oz as runner up? Seriously? I'm so glad we moved. But it's a pretty short distance to the state line unfortunately. I'd ask DH who his baby brother voted for but do I really want to know?
  • mdubbs1
    edited May 2022
    We're supposed to be hot enough today to set a record! Wow, it's still May.

Super spreader event here in Baltimore today - the Preakness.

It's a hard time for the family. Wednesday would have been my sister's 70th birthday. I never got to tease her about that. Monday is the anniversary of her sudden death Not an easy week for anyone but her widower is really struggling.