This Year is Our Year for Success!

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,936 Member
    I have heard about a new vaccine that’s in the works, but I don’t think it’s expected to be ready until sometime in the fall. I’m more than 24 hours past my 2nd booster and feeling ok. I don’t have much energy and I’ve had a headache, but otherwise ok. Not feeling nearly as bad as I did with both of my last 2 shots.

DH got his first shingles vaccine yesterday. He’s a bit of a hypochondriac, so he reported starting to feel side effects immediately after getting the shot. It’s hard to tell if he really is feeling symptoms or simply thinks he should be. Luckily, neither of us had much to do today, so we’ve been able to rest.
  • PamS53
    I spoke too soon. I suddenly got extremely chilled and started having body aches to go along with my persistent headache. It took me a couple of hours under a blanket to get warmed up. I’m still achy and headachy, but at least I’m not cold anymore. I plan to go to bed early and hope I feel better in the morning. I’m hungry but don’t have the energy to make anything or coach DH through making something for me, so I’m snacking on Wheat Thins and a Diet Coke. Not ideal but it’ll get me through until I’m feeling better.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Hope side effects pass quickly. We lost internet, tv and landline yesterday. Comcast couldn’t remotely restore signal so I have a tech coming. First appointment is Wednesday so it will be a boring week. I’m at the library using their WiFi. So if I’m not around much next few day, you’ll know I’m alive and we’ll but without internet.
  • PamS53
    I’m feeling ok today. Still low on energy, but the other side effects are gone. A good night’s sleep seemed to help a lot.

We were without power for about 2 hours today, but it’s back on now. Lately, it seems like we have had a lot of short power outages. I hope that does not continue into the summer, as it doesn’t take long in 90+ degree heat for the house to become very warm.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,648 Member
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Tell DH there’s a new Covid pill. After positive testing, pill needs to be taken within 5 days of onset. It’s another measure to make sure people don’t get as sick or end up in the hospital. Dr on the news said he prescribed it for one of his patients. She reported feeling markedly better the next day. I don’t remember the name of the pill but he can Google it. In the meantime, he should get the second booster. I haven’t heard of any new vaccines in the works.

I think Pfizer's working on something but who knows? From what I'm reading, the pill is hard to come by. I know my PCP does nothing quickly.
  • mdubbs1
    A gloomy day here.

I started the day feeding the colonies. Found a real mess at one of them. Someone must have partied hard. I cleaned up a bunch of fast food bags and what looked like a bag of stuff from a food pantry (unopened generic corn flakes, unopened generic cans - if you paid for it you wouldn't have just discarded it, right?) Someone the day before had dumped a couple truck tires and a messed up love seat. I moved some things out of obvious view, farther back into the woods (luckily I'm stronger than I look!).

Since I got home I've been working through a chores list. I think I'm going to dedicate this week mostly to that list, since for once I'm not as swamped with work.
  • mdubbs1
    Okay, I'm within 2 pounds of the weight the cardiologist was happy with. I'd love to surprise her with a loss. We'll see! I go around the third week of June. She's the best weight loss motivation ever (well, technically, the best weight loss is a heart problem that's ameliorated with a weight loss). I haven't adjusted my height in my ticker. If I ever get to the goal weight on this ticker, I'll deal with that. LOL!

yceas53l54gu.png
  • mdubbs1
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I’m feeling ok today. Still low on energy, but the other side effects are gone. A good night’s sleep seemed to help a lot.

We were without power for about 2 hours today, but it’s back on now. Lately, it seems like we have had a lot of short power outages. I hope that does not continue into the summer, as it doesn’t take long in 90+ degree heat for the house to become very warm.

I'm glad the other side effects are gone!

I hope you don't have continuing power outages- it even gets pretty hot here, starting soon. No need for a jacket today, e.g.

• mdubbs1
    Hope side effects pass quickly. We lost internet, tv and landline yesterday. Comcast couldn’t remotely restore signal so I have a tech coming. First appointment is Wednesday so it will be a boring week. I’m at the library using their WiFi. So if I’m not around much next few day, you’ll know I’m alive and we’ll but without internet.

Wow, every where's having power outages. Maybe Florida's governor should turn his attention to important things. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    Moderna (MRNA) will deliver a large amount of its vaccine that targets the omicron variant of COVID-19 in preparation for a vaccination campaign this fall. Evidence on the effectiveness of the targeted vaccine should be available in the next month or two.
  • Helene610
    Seems like my internet is back. Talked to my brother yesterday. Seems like he has a mild case of Covid. He has cold like symptoms and tested positive. We haven’t picked a date yet to start our drive but I told him we would wait until he tests negative to visit him. Comcast tech is still coming tomorrow to check equipment. I’m sure the modem needs replacing and perhaps some of the cable boxes as well.
  • PamS53
    My cousin passed away last night. I don’t know any details yet as the family was too distraught to provide any, but I do know that he was at home. I’m sad that he’s no longer with us, but relieved that his struggle is over and his closest family and friends can begin to heal and rest after the long ordeal of caring for him through this illness.
  • mdubbs1
    My cousin passed away last night. I don’t know any details yet as the family was too distraught to provide any, but I do know that he was at home. I’m sad that he’s no longer with us, but relieved that his struggle is over and his closest family and friends can begin to heal and rest after the long ordeal of caring for him through this illness.

I am so sorry for your family.
  • mdubbs1
    Seems like my internet is back. Talked to my brother yesterday. Seems like he has a mild case of Covid. He has cold like symptoms and tested positive. We haven’t picked a date yet to start our drive but I told him we would wait until he tests negative to visit him. Comcast tech is still coming tomorrow to check equipment. I’m sure the modem needs replacing and perhaps some of the cable boxes as well.

YEAH for a working internet! Our internet has been fine but the TV cable has been iffy. I think the more complex they make it, the more problems it has.
  • Helene610
    Pam, I’m so sorry about your cousin. The one bright spot is that you were able to visit with him last month. Being able to be with him was a blessing.
  • PamS53
    Thank you all for your condolences. I am happy that I made the trip last month for one last visit with him. I know he’s in a better place now and his family can begin to heal. It’s just very sad that such a good, kind, wonderful man is gone. He was a career educator and his family has been touched by many of his former students and fellow educators who have reached out to him. He truly touched many lives and left a wonderful legacy. He will be missed, by his family and a very large circle of friends.
  • Helene610
    None of us could ask for a better legacy than touching young lives and teaching them. It’s wonderful that so many reached out to him to show their appreciation of all he had done.
  • mdubbs1
    Thank you all for your condolences. I am happy that I made the trip last month for one last visit with him. I know he’s in a better place now and his family can begin to heal. It’s just very sad that such a good, kind, wonderful man is gone. He was a career educator and his family has been touched by many of his former students and fellow educators who have reached out to him. He truly touched many lives and left a wonderful legacy. He will be missed, by his family and a very large circle of friends.

That's wonderful! A great teacher can touch a lot of lives.
  • mdubbs1
    edited May 2022
    The pandemic has spawned a lot of new products. I should have seen this one coming. Soundproof meeting pod.

eibypr8jj1mt.png

• mdubbs1
    Today's my Boniva day and for the first time in months I don't feel so hot. I can't help wondering if it's because the pharmacy had to fill it from a different supplier. The endocrinologist didn't think it would matter.