Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Diane: Thank you. I will probably go for my walk a little later this morning. Will wait to see if it warms up a little bit.

Our air condition broke and we will be getting a new one on Monday. The compresser is the part that broke. Luckily it has not been too hot.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,506 Member
    Options
    @NovemberGail ,, Pretty flowers. My Mom loved yellow roses. We were so fortunate to have Moms who were very good to us. Sadly not all do. Hope you were able to be outside today for a walk etc. and also able to relax some too.
    @Macrat12,,,, hey the furry ones do not cost a college education!! Though hmmm vet bills. LOL But they are so sweet! yup our furbabies are GREAT!
    @Lessennan ,,, You live in such a GORGEOUS AREA!! Awwww look at the sheep!! They are such sweet animals. That'd be so much fun. Is afternoon tea a daily thing there?
    @Patti241,, it's so NICE TODAY!! OH MAN it's so hard, I so BADLY want to go outside for a walk!! BUT NOT QUITE YET!! I do have a knee scooter, to go someplace outside for long is to much on my knee. Oh it's going to WARM on Weds/Thurs, I KNOW I'll go out somehow!! There's NO WAY I letting the high 60s go by without my enjoying it!! Inland may get near 80. SO SORRY about the AC, but PHEW it didn't wait until summer. It's about impossible to find an AC repair man in the summer. I did buy a new AC for this year, but did so in Jan, saving $100 on it. WOOHOO!!!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 afternoon tea can be had in hotel restaurants any day, but the cost in pounds weight and pounds sterling is prohibitive.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!
    Happy Mother's Day!

Today was a busy but gorgeous day! Studied for my food handlers course, walked to and from the grocery store and did a little exercise. Also made angel food cake. Then got ready to visit with my Son, Sister and her Husband. We took a trip out to the cemetery to see Mom. Can't wait till there's grass. It's such a reminder of it's only been since January. We also walked a lot of the cemetery looking for other family. Found some and not others. My son got me a new mug with a dolphin on it. Will take a picture of it tomorrow to share. Tomorrow my plan is to study for my food handlers course, workout and work with my vegetable plants, and a few house chores.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lessennan,, Okay I am quite curious,,, why is it prohibitive? Is it literally not allowed, or is to costly? Funny how in one country a word can have different meanings, so I thought I'd ask. I have a friend from Wales, at first we had a ton of giggles over this.
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Glad it was good day!! AND that you got so much done. I can't get myself to go to my Moms grave, it's just to much though it's been 30 years. Though when my Nana died (she was 96 so it didn't hurt as much) it was so cool to be looking around the cemetery. Our family has been here since the 1880's. ENJOY Monday!
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 words are fun.
    Afternoon teas are a bit costly price wise when we could have a proper meal so they’re a treat.
    It’s not just by country that words are used differently. By COUNTY in Scotland
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It's 70 feels like 70 with a high of 88 for today. I AM: I am expelling doubts from my mind. Axe Sharpening: Change takes time and it isn't always easy. But with time. With effort. Any habit can be formed or changed.~~Jeremy Mullins Director of the My TransPHORMation Challenge and Registered Dietitian Action for Happiness: What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today. Fitness quote for today: Fitness Rule #1 Don't get comfortable!~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side.~~Heather Stillufsen Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 16,372 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: truck unload this morning then either cross training noon class or Strength Wk 4/4 and Conditioning in the gym this afternoon. Will decide when I get to the gym what I'll do.
  • Patti241
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Diane: It is a bit chilly out right now so I will wait a little bit before I walk
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,912 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup she does play strict attention to details for it. It’s her last year of it (ends in 8th) but she loved doing it. We were so sad they missed it for 2 years due to covid. Thx feet are getting better. She can’t be barefoot yet at dance but hopefully that is coming. And yeah pool weather would be nice too. Hope your foot is 100 percent soon!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lessennan ,,,, That makes sense. Those sandwiches looked so GOOD!! Hope you both enjoyed them. Oh I am sure all countries , within their borders have various different uses for words and accents. Mine is quite heavy it's easy to say where I am from though most say "Boston" which is 2 hours south of here. It's fun though!! Your area is TOTALLY GORGEOUS though!! THOSE beautiful hills!! The green,,,
    @Patti241,,, Same here ,,, even at almost 5 PM it's 52 ,, feels like 48. Ohhhh but, wait til later this week!! THurs here on the coast they are saying 66 Fri also 66, Sat 72 I do not believe them. LOL Hope you got out outside today. I do not think I am again today,,, the foot thing. It's healing, but it's not been a week, only 5 days.
    @Bookienj,,,, Oh those 2 years have been so very very hard on all the kids!! The younger ones we worked with,,, it saddens me so greatly!! Out of the 19 kids we were working so hard, many hours of one on one with 4 of them, 3 of them we felt with this support would go onto the 3rd grade, one no matter what would not. But with Covid ,,, oh sure,,, they passed a NO FAIL thing!! SO ALL 4 went onto the 3rd grade,,, again last year it was a NO FAIL thing so those 4 kids are now in the 4th grade, but zero doubt they can't do the work. Its hard to see a 4th grader struggling and wanting to not go to school. For the Middle and HS kids, all of the social AND ALSO schoolwork. Though a few did better during this time, many certainly did not. SO GLAD her feet are getting better!! That's a plus!! THANKS on the well wishes,,,, I go on Weds. I am trying to get an ear, nose and throat Dr, but OH MY NOT TIL NOVEMBER!! I am having a hard time breathing, but NOT TIL NOVEMBER??? HUH???? SIGH!! I HATE MAINE.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I don't care for going to the cemetery. It's more about supporting my sister and doing what is expected of me.

Today was a beautiful day with lots of sun. Got quite a bit done today. Studied for my food handlers course, worked out, walked to and from the bank, cleaned my backyard of all the garbage that collected over the winter, worked on turning over the soil for my front flower bed. So much left to do with that. I still need to get my vegetable plants planted. Also spent some time at my friend's with out Hubby. It was so nice. The bonus was I got to pay her for his birthday present without being sneaky. Tomorrow is Tops, rest and weigh day. It will be interesting to see what happens.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    e2aea64ujg0v.jpg

Tomorrow I will follow up with the lilacs, deadheading all the spent blossoms. What a beautiful day today--lots of wind and warm temperatures. The pollen is so thick you can see the haze in the distance and the vacuum cleaner's filter is full of fine yellow-green dust. No wonder people are sneezing around me--including my poor little beagle.

Blessings on your day tomorrow!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 76 feels like 76 with a high of 86 for today. I AM: I am dedicated to building a stronger body. Axe Sharpening: Complacency and procrastination are truly the roots that will hold you down. It will stop you from flying past your potential and becoming who you were supposed to be in your lifetime.~~Tony Sentmanat 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times. Fitness quote for today: I can and I will transform my body & my life.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Be strong enough to refuse to let other people steal your joy.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,765 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Strength & Conditioning Cross Training WOD in the gym after work.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: Yeah the weekend it is supposed to rain
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,912 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -aw man that’s tough. I hope the kids were able to get good support in 4th. At least in our city, there was testing beginning of the year to see what supports/catch up was needed. It was district wide for every child. November? That is a super long time to wait.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,690 Member
    Options
    happy tuesday everyone! i helped a good friend of mine yesterday to get some groceries. today was just a relaxing day for me. my daughter says hi to everyone! she will be working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i dropped off some extra food to the local grocery store's food bank bin today. i like to help others whenever i am able to. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Peacelily70x7
    Peacelily70x7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I finally got signed in, but still need a team guys.. 😲
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today as been sunny and warm. Early summer. Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Gained 0.25 lbs. Not to big of a deal. I am starting to get frustrated with myself and the gaining. Maybe if I get frustrated enough I will get everything under control. Worked at making the flower bed. Hoping to get the plants in this week that I already have. Tomorrow I am mowing my neighbors lawn and possibly ours. It needs to get done. Such a busy week but at least it's beautiful weather. Just need to remember the sun screen. Got burnt yesterday and didn't even notice until this morning.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Peacelily70X7 ,, WOOHOO I see you found the feed!! YEAH YEAH!! WELCOME to the 5% Challenge, you'll soon be assigned to your NEW TEAM!! YEAH!! Once you get that invite, please do hit the JOIN button for the team. To find the team easily when you go onto the home page, click on the Community Tab, after that please click on GROUPS And it'll be right there waiting for you once Ceri sees it. She usually also puts under your post requesting a team, that she's sent it. CONGRATS!! ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL please ask your team leaders, and you can here also, but it's faster to ask either your team leaders/ and or the team chat. WE WISH YOU THE BEST!! So happy you are with us all. One team is a going to be SO HAPPY!
    @Cseguin2 ,, WOW You were SUPER BUSY!! Nicely done!! Glad you had some GIRL TIME! Once I hit 180 I KNEW I HAD to get it back together again!! AND I HAVE!! You can do it, you've had so much happen, but you can do this. ENJOY the garden work!!
    @Novembergail, Awww Poor Billie girl!! SO SORRY!! Oh pollen can be so nasty!! GORGEOUS Pic of the lilacs and the butterfly!! You have such a GREAT EYE!
    @Patti241, may be a good time to go on a vacation to where there's no rain? If it's not possible, it can still be very fun,,, I think bowling would be fun, or a number of other inside things.

Today (Well LOL It's barely Weds as I type this) I go in for the first bandage change, it'll be so nice to have it all healed, it shouldn't be long though. Tonight was my first test of how it is, I felt it, but I am not sick to my stomach from the pain so it's a ALL IS GOOD thing!! WOOHOO!! It's also the 3rd (I MISSED the 2nd last week due to surgery) CRIBBAGE TOURNAMENT!! YEAH YEAH!! I DO NOT WANT to win it, but I also do NOT want to just throw it away either. I am there for the social part as well as the game. I've adjusted to the "I do not need to eat the snacks" thing. LOVE THAT!!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 74 feels like 74 with a high of 88 for today. I AM: I release tension. Axe Sharpening: When we become aware of time, we learn to be present. As a result, a lot of stress and worry can leave us when we look up from our phones and look at what's around us.~~Kerri Hayes 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Look around for things that bring you a sense of awe and wonder. Fitness quote for today: We all have setbacks. The important thing is to rise back up and continue to move forward.~~gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Behind every smile is a story of numerous challenges and hardships that were overcome.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,414 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Truck unload at 6AM then Strength wk 4/4 and Conditioning in the gym after work.