Spring Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Diane: Yeah I k now I used to bowl. It is going to be a nice day today. I will be doing my walking today
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 -hope it stays nice and cool for you.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -good luck on your cribbage tournament!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful, warm sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to everyone! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel amazing! i got caught up on my laundry this morning. that is when i got in my strength training workout today. i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yes I am very busy this time of year. But more this year. I feel like I just have to keep moving and then the food won't go in my mouth. We will see how that turns out.

Today started out cloudy and cool but quickly warmed up then the sun came out. I got a sun burn over the last couple of days. Today I remembered the sun screen. It was another busy but productive day. Skipped studying so I could get a great walk in or it wouldn't happen. Also did a few of my quick workouts so I could start on the neighbors lawn sooner. Took me just over 2 hours to weed wack, now, and a little taking. Also did some laundry. My kitchen looks horrendous. But I keep ignoring it as I need to get the lawns done and all the plants planted before the weekend rain. My calories are not good today at all. We decided to support McHappy Day for breakfast and lunch. Let's just say the blinders were on for both meals. Good thing I enjoyed it. Tomorrow is another busy day. I am determined to get the yard work and gardening done as soon as possible.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,419 Member
    Options
    Patti241 ,, I used to bowl also, I was the WORSE EVER bowler, but I had everyone laughing and laughing because of it. Glad you were able to get out for a walk. YEAH YEAH NO RAIN!!
    @Bookienj,, TY TY TY TY!! First person I played is also a former champion. LOL she groaned RIGHT OFF when they said our numbers "Oh, I've already lost, I had won all of my games up to this point." I did giggle, we are friends, she DOES most certainly beat me!! But, yeah not today did she. GRIN. The other 2 Played, at the last championship he and I were up against each other for the WIN!! He'd of WON this too if I hadn't gotten a 16 hand and than a 21 hand. Even with those, he's such a GREAT PLAYER it came down to both of our very last hands. I knew when I saw I had a 5 , 2 queens and a Jack, I had it, when he flipped over a King, yup it would depend on his points since he had counted first, he only needed 8 to win, he got 6. The other game, he's also very very very good, same as the above, it came down to our very last hands, Dan only needed 9 points, he got 6, I went out for the win. Since I missed last week I wasn't that great in the standings, but with today, I am now in 2nd place since the others didn't have their normal staller days, but I HOPE THEY DO!!! I can't just throw a game, but I love to cheer others on!
    @Cormierannie ,,, WOOHOO on the laundry!! Nice job!!!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, UGH I do not like sunburns, glad you are using sunscreen. On Friday I see the skin cancer Dr. I am so dreading it, thinking he'll have me use the chemo cream again. I HATE how much it burns, and hurts, but it does what is needed. Nice job on the exercise and YO DID YOU EVER burn off a LOT of calories today with the weed wacking!! A McHappy day huh? LOL the days and things they come up with. I got food poising from our local McD's so I am never anxious to go there. But, if I am Portland there are 2 of them there I'll happy visit.

Today saw foot Dr. The bandage is thankfully much smaller as he was getting up, ,, he looked at me and said "Stay off that as much as you can. I know you can't be totally off it, but try to be as much as possible." so of course, I will do that. I'm so super tired, hopefully I'll sleep well tonight. My friend who's helping with cleaning (paid of course) came over. As she left she said "I don't feel I did anything." BUT SHE DID!!! She did my laundry, vacuumed the whole place, dusted the walls and everything, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen floor. I USED to be able to do that easily, but not any more. I assured her all of that would of taken me 4 days, and I'd of been so exhausted I'd be sleeping most of those days and not bouncing back. I am so grateful!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    7jpzwlso0mrk.jpg

This peony was planted two years ago and is the first of the three planted to bloom. Early this morning the bud was still pretty tight. With the temps in the 90's, the flower opened quite quickly. Last week the temps were still in the 50's and so this body is not ready for the hot summer temps. At least it cooled down last night with the electricity out to enjoy the windows open.

Have a wonderful Friday!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @novembergail,,, It's so pretty!!! COOL!!! WOW the 90s!! That's just WAY TO MUCH TO FAST!!! We've been in the 50's most of the time. Over the weekend Gail it'll get warmer, but NOT LIKE THAT!! PHEW!! Inland ,, it'll be in the 80's though, here on the coast Sat maybe 71. That's MORE THAN ENOUGH!!
  • Patti241
    Options
    Bookie: It stayed nice and cool yesterday and the same for today.
    Diane: I was not that great when I was bowling either.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,428 Member
    Options
    It's 70 feels like 70 with a high of 89 for today. I AM: I know every roadblock is a learning moment. Axe Sharpening: Grab a set of dumbbells and go to work. Set your own pace.~~Don Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Listen to your favorite piece of music and remember what it means to you. Fitness quote for today: My body is healthy, my mind is focused, my soul is calm.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Through gratitude, you will move through your days in love with being alive, bringing joy wherever you go, positivity affecting everyone.~~unknown Closed all rings on my active 4 and had 16,376 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: Chipper WOD from 1st Phorm app.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    happy thursday everyone! it is a warm and sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! my daughter works at her part time job after school today. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on in the day. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ,, bowling for me was way more about the social aspect. The fun of it. I love clowning around and I am pretty good at it!! I do want to the local ally because it has lights, dancing at night time, along with high quality food. Drag in some friends, and it just screams "FUN FUN FUN!!"
    @Macrat12 How are you?
    @Cormierannie ,, How are you?
    It's great you both jump in, we enjoy the encouragement, of course if you wish to join in on the conversation with us, that'd be even greater!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a sunny hot day. We are having summer temps this week. Went for my walk early this morning. Seen 3 families with gosslins. 1 had 4, 1 had 1, and 1 had about 8. Came home had breakfast and hung laundry. Then did some exercise. Also weed wacked and cut the front lawn. Also made time to visit with some neighbors and have a good laugh or two. After lunch Hubby and I played some cards as it's just to hot to do anymore lawn. Also planted some more in the front yard. My neighbor also has offered me some plants he needs to thin next week. Woohoo free plants!
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 72 feels like 72 with a high of 83 for today. I AM: I nourish my mind with positive thoughts. Axe Sharpening: Hate to lose more than you love to win.~~Jicky Li 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Find out about the values or traditions of another culture. Fitness quote for today: The act of getting strong doesn't start in the gym. It starts in your head.~~curtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel.~~Demi Lovato Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 15,167 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: At home Chest/Back after breakfast and before work.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    happy friday everyone! it is a beautiful, warm, sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all! we are both staying cool and well hydrated. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i am keeping them cool and well hydrated today. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i got in my strength training workout this morning, before it got too hot here. i will be doing some dancing to 80's music later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another day with a high of 87°F (29°C). Cut the back lawn still have to weed wack. But the weed wacker was driving me crazy. Also got some laundry and dishes done. Went for my walk early this morning and did some exercises. Also cleaned for my client and walked to the grocery store. Had to take a cab home as I had 2 bags of soil and a few groceries. My son is here for the weekend so he's going to help finish planting my veggies. Here is the picture of my Mother's Day gift I promised I would post
    me6jl9wbcisr.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, LOVE LOVE LOVE the mug!! That's so cute!! YO 87 is nice in August, but NOT in May!! YO!! Glad you got the cab home. Hope it's a lovely weekend etc. with S there. Family is neat.
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! Warmer now?

Got some "Groceries" today for our friend with Covid. It's been rough,,, likely she should of gone into the hospital on Monday AM, she was not able to catch her breath at all, and even today not that great. But she does not want to go, and she's been through so much. She HAS promised many of us, if it is a crisis she'll call. I know she will. A friend and I had gone together, the 3 of us have been friends for over 30 years. My friend got her a 6 pack of Heinekens. I was laughing so hard!! I had forgotten she loves that, of course, she can't drink it yet, but it's providing her many giggles, and an incentive to get better faster though she wanted it over before it even hit her. We did NOT have any interactions with her. I texted her when we got her, my friend (they both FORBID ME TOTALLY from even ATTEMPTING to ) left it at her door. Awwww now that's LOVE all the way around.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: A little bit. raining today
  • macrat12
    Options
    It's 66 feels like 66 with a high of 86 for today. I AM: I am connected to my higher being at all times. Axe Sharpening: You will only change when you want to change. You only change when you finally make that irrevocable decision and put thoughts to action.~~Marisa Laren 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy World Fair Trade Day!!!! Action for Happiness: Get outside and notice the beauty in nature. Fitness quote for today: You've always been beautiful, now you're just deciding to be healthier, fitter, faster and stronger!~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: We all have a dark side. Learn to love your shadows as much as you love your light.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,379 steps yesterday.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    su3j8sf2d8sb.jpg

My poor little Billie has a sore rear end after getting punctured by the bottom of a screen door. The wound was so bad that she had to go to the vet and be anesthetized for the stitches. She is one groggy dog today. My exercise is carrying her 33.5 pound body back from walks when she gets too tired.