How many 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 did I eat?🙀

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    edited May 2022
    The hamster food category is not approved!

Between toking dog and going to pick up parental for quick turnaround and drive back and forth within the month, we have a 🐰 meltdown.

So Sunday I only ate just over half of the potato salad and a couple of strays. So a still respectable 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐇 seven and a half, possibly eight, bunny day.

Monday, yesterday, was a bit more than half the remaining potato salad before leaving. So between 25% and 33% of the original. So can only count for three bunnies. I don't suppose 520 Cal of fast food onion rings count¹. So that leaves us with another half 🐇 in dried strawberries before bed, for a sad 🐰🐰🐰 🐇 bunny total.

All my bunnies have taken off to the British isles for a quick vacation it seems!

¹ I think I'm going to try and take a scale with me next time I attempt onion rings. Usually reliable sources (university of Minnesota's database) indicate way fewer calories per onion ring than what is indicated by fast food (A&Ws in my case) calorie count. Discrepancy is both total calorie count and indicated weight of the portion based on the number of pieces.

Usually the issue is the definition. But basically the A&W rings must be coming in at twice the database's large onion ring weight at 15+g each instead of 7 or so.

Unfortunately true hunger cues are indicating that BOTH are underestimates.

Which would make the database value based on counting pieces extremely lower than reality.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Need to make up my bunnies or I’m so far behind! @lauriekallis Feeding them 🐹’s “good” food? Mine only like “bad”food!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    🐰🐰🐰 🐰 🐇tomatoes,tomato paste, garlic, onion, ‘erbs, celery, carrot
    🐰🐰🐰clementines* strawberries*
    🐰 raspberries*, blueberries*
    🐰 banana*

91/2
    * planned eat or in process or eating 🙃
    Unintentional IF 9 -5 ! 😬
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    Janatki wrote: »
    ...@lauriekallis Feeding them 🐹’s “good” food? Mine only like “bad”food!

Mine too....tooooo much very bad food. Lost my mind kinda day(s). But I'll find it.

• pamelar25
    pamelar25 Posts: 197 Member
    edited May 2022
    May 3rd bunnies: 2 strawberries and a cup of grapes for a morning 🐰. Mixed salad greens for a lunch🐰. Coconut for a snack🐰. Tabouli salad and lettuce, tomato, onions and pickled beets and chickpeas for 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐇dinner bunnies. Gives me 8 and half 🐰s'!
  • lauriekallis
    Tuesday Bunnies - 6 sad little bunnies - cause Laurie had another poor eating day. Tomorrow's planned menu has many bunnies!
  • PAV8888
    Tuesday Bunnies.... semi tasty, "conventional" salad with kale-slaw and tomatoes and onions, and a bit of arugula, and pickled onions....amounting to 7.5 bunnies... 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐇... so day one looks less of a disaster so far... the road trip though.... I don't expect anything good there.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    Perhaps you can take a bag of carrots, apples, oranges etc in the car? By the time you stop for a meal you’ll be semi full of bunnies.
  • PAV8888
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Perhaps you can take a bag of carrots, apples, oranges etc in the car? By the time you stop for a meal you’ll be semi full of bunnies.

With grumpy sour-where-is-my-beer-stop-are-we-there-yet in the car?
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,810 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Yoolypr wrote: »

Maybe a cooler with a six pack in the back seat? Unless you have open container laws on the road.
    Otherwise, do the best you can with the bunnies and drive fast!
  • PAV8888
    They multiplied!
    🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐇🐹🐹

It's a 9.5 actual bunnies with the addition of a fresh zuchini to the Knorr red curry noodle soup! The two hamster bunnie-likes come from the 100% plant based real fruit sour gummies! 🐹🐹

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I forgot to post my bunnies yesterday but I did eat them!
  • lauriekallis

It is hard to complain with an apple firmly wedged in your mouth? Sometimes a son has to do what a son has to do.

(OMG...I could be foretelling my own fate here - and I know that one of my sons would likely just keep feeding me McFlurry's to keep me happy and quiet in the backseat. It is a proven system. :( )
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    would likely just keep feeding me McFlurry's to keep me happy and quiet in the backseat. It is a proven system. :( )

So... I have a damage mitigation solution. Even the smallest McFlurry (small oreo 340, snack size skor 380, snack size smarties 390).... is AT LEAST 100 Cal more than a .... VANILLA CONE (~240... usually 250 to 300 based on size)

This service brought to you for free by Reefer Pup who insists she has RIGHTS to MY vanilla cones!!! :rage:
  • conniewilkins56
    Personally I like DQ Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards….big ones!….and I have been known to order an extra dose of candy!
  • PAV8888
    Yes Connie. In September/October as I was driving back and forth, I TWICE had a small blizzard treat in the town of grand forks. Was hard to fit in the driving (so low budget) day. But it did work.

A small cone at dq is still under 350 Cal I think even dipped. It gives you the ice cream hit and I'm fairly sure that if you savour it and then manage to keep busy for 20 minutes you will feel pleasant happy thoughts about it and it will power you for a few hours as a snack so that you can do something active... without weighing you down with too much food.

I tend to do the cones right before or right after a long dog walk. Right after is if I pushed things a bit too much and need to give myself some time to come up with a reasonable dinner.

It is something that came up during "initial" weight loss. That sometimes the right snack can push a larger meal further back. Ultimately possibly saving total calories. Doesn't work as well when coordinating with others
  • lauriekallis
    edited May 2022
    would likely just keep feeding me McFlurry's to keep me happy and quiet in the backseat. It is a proven system. :( )

So... I have a damage mitigation solution. Even the smallest McFlurry (small oreo 340, snack size skor 380, snack size smarties 390).... is AT LEAST 100 Cal more than a .... VANILLA CONE (~240... usually 250 to 300 based on size)

This service brought to you for free by Reefer Pup who insists she has RIGHTS to MY vanilla cones!!! :rage:

I don't often have McFlurry's - usually a cone (there is a McDonald's about 2 minutes away from my son/grandson's house. But. When I'm too old to be trusted to eat a cone in the car without making a mess - they will feed me McFlurrys. That is their plan. And give me a blanket in the winter so I don't get too cold back there. This isn't about choosing a good "snack" this is about how best to keep Mom quiet.

My younger son would keep me in the passenger seat and feed me only super healthy stuff.

So mabye if I split my time between the two I'll be okay?
  • conniewilkins56
    The DQ Dilly Bars are good and a calorie bargain, too!…at least they used to be around 190 calories….
  • conniewilkins56
    Bunnies, bunnies everywhere!…

Sliced tomatoe
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    Green peppers
    Red peppers
    Apple
    Grapes

Fruit and vegetable seeded bread