Mine got snausages! :smiley:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,652 Member
    Options
    Mine too - but they get panfried :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,689 Member
    Options
    So 703g of "asian vegetable mix". Not sure if this mix will make the A team for me. Reduced a bit too much for my liking during heating. 81g white onion. 23g pickled jalapeno, 304g tomatoes, 53g olives (they're a fruit... right?!?!? :lol:

Anyway you look at it... more than a baker's dozen of bunnies... and no baked goods! (ok: not MANY baked goods :smile: )
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,652 Member
    Options
    I'm uncertain of the asian mix myself....wondering if it would do better stir-fried (or maybe in the air fryer :) )? It always seems very watery. But okay in a pinch with those yam noodles/rice.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    will check on that as an option. i was just using it regularly. I was actually surprised to find it in the freezer as I don't think I was planning on buying that... must have picked it up by mistake thinking I was getting green beans with carrots mix.

Picked up some "fine green beans" as a "splurge". Was having second thoughts given how much more expensive they are than the regular cut beans... but I think they have a higher likelihood to pair nicely with pasta sauce. And given that my items were just 15% of the total grocery order--the rest belonging to the dog--yet I was the one doing the fetching... I decided to splurge!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sorry: "regularly" above should have been "as usual"

Reporting great improvement on the "arctic garden asian mix". Nuked 460g uncovered instead of covered which is my usual MO. Much less volume reduction and water generation and huge improvement on mushiness. Actually were good veggies paired nicely with instant mash (augmented by spices and a some Greek yogurt) for a very filling lunch.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    I'm uncertain of the asian mix myself....wondering if it would do better stir-fried (or maybe in the air fryer :) )? It always seems very watery. But okay in a pinch with those yam noodles/rice.

Those sorts of things are great stir fried. Had a similar mix (store brand) and make some teriyaki veggies with it. High heat and let them get a little brown on the edges. Yum!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well... I'm already above 13.5... 14, if I round up! :wink:

🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 πŸ°πŸ‡πŸ‡ 🐰🐰🐰 πŸ°πŸ°πŸ‡

615g apples
    403g sweet potatoes frozen
    160g tomatoes
    = 1178g of 13.86 bunnies so far!:lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    Well... I'm already above 13.5... 14, if I round up! :wink:
    🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 πŸ°πŸ‡πŸ‡ 🐰🐰🐰 πŸ°πŸ°πŸ‡
    You the MAN!!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yooly... can you just see yourself engaged in such a bunnageddon?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    For today we introduce.... 396g of spiralized beetroots and 503g of fine green beans... which brings the bunnies to 10.5 to start! :wink:

🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 🐰🐰🐰 πŸ°πŸ‡
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    Yooly... can you just see yourself engaged in such a bunnageddon?

There’s fiber and then there’s toooo much fiber. All things in moderation for me.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Where da fiber? Got no fiber? checking checking... OH! I did gots me fiber!

220% yesterday and 162% so far today... pffffft... .that's only 43g so far today! BELOW AVERAGE!

HA! So that's interesting and boy can we play with correlation!

MFP Y1 AVG-CAL IN 2560 OUT 3255 FIBER 35g
    MFP Y2 AVG-CAL IN 2913 OUT 3019 FIBER 46g
    MFP Y3 AVG-CAL IN 2911 OUT 2937 FIBER 53g
    MFP Y4 (5 months only) AVG-CAL IN 2920 OUT 2931 FIBER 62g
    *I haven't kept as detailed of a record past that*

So the older you get the move fiber you eat and the less energy you spend, right? Maybe too much time in the bathroom!!!!!! :trollface::lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Actually the older you get, you tend to need more protein. This according to the Gastroentrology guy who told me to cut back on my fiber overload diet. I was getting a lot of gut pain which resolved itself by doing somewhat less fiber.
    Ah the joys of geezerhood!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So, here is an interesting question: do canned tomatoes count as bunnies? If they don't.. why not? How about sriracha (made mostly if not wholly of chilli peppers, right?)

As I was drinking my first cup of coffee and contemplating which bag of bunnies to nuke, I decided to go all out and use the stove and a pot!

So I currently have simmering (based on what was in the house ya know):

98g of onion chopped
    496g of green beans
    753g of beautiful baby peas
    1608g of canned diced tomatoes (hence the question)
    8g of oil (2.5 of canola for the pot, and 5.5g of olive for some taste and balance--should be more but I am leaving the option to add some meat --probably sausages or some of the ground in the freezer--or some of the soy based vegetarian meat substitute I bought from amazon last night depending on when it arrives!)
    64g of sriracha :wink:
    and some powdered onion, powdered and roasted garlic, and knorr veggie powder

Which should be bunnies for at LEAST a couple of days if not more!!!!

Will scurry out the back door to check how many calories for the pot! It's a good sized pot! :blush:
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Chortle chortle.... waiting for the evil pot to cool down a bit so it can be transferred into glass-lock containers if I find lids!!!

I ended up adding a can of tomato paste (169g), and because of that a few drops of sucralose.

So I have now wrought pure evil: Salty, hot and spicy, AND with a good amount of sweetness.... am I leaving many light bulbs unlit?!?!?! especially if I add some umami from the mail-order veg based "hamburger" or some actual snausages.

under 1500 Cal for OVER 3kg of COOKED BUNNIES IN A POT!

Make that HOT bunnies in a pot :wink: Final weight is 2755g and Cals 1400

https://icedrive.net/s/jBttiWNNW5B41ST634xB7b19b87u
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Don’t know what kind of concoction you created there PAV but as long as it makes you happy - and doesn’t kill you- it’s all good!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Pft... it's green and red and spicy! And I added a pouch of brown rice with quinoa and lentils and it became AWESOME! I'll discuss with you tomorrow whether it has committed PAVicide!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    No PAVs were slain. Yesterday I also had a 750g pouch of peas and carrots AND 400g sweet potatoes too! Added butter this time (10g) and a goodly amount of illegal salt plus a lot of pepper!

Had it all ready before heading out. And warmed it up to be out of the nuker so as to figure out what else to make to have with my ready to eat side..... which I kept eating while trying to decide.... eating till I was full, at which point I decided that nothing was the plan! πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Then had the last 33% with my free big mac for late dinner (December gift card purchase = free big mac coupon good till February)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Got to work those coupons and gift cards! Lately hubby and son have been getting $4 online coupons from the CVS pharmacy. The challenge is to get exactly $4 worth of merchandise = free.

So far only bunnies today were in a salad. I’ll get a couple more when we go out to dinner with friends tonight. Good work on your bunny meal PAV πŸ‘