How many 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 did I eat?πŸ™€

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,690 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    So I bet Bella will be posting copious amounts of fresh bunnies soon.

I will continue to post my less delicious yet still somewhat nutritious frozen bunnies.

But I know that Laurie of the artists has an almost garden? I remember something with tires and soil!!!! What's up with that? Where's the bunny growing????😝😘
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,998 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    So I bet Bella will be posting copious amounts of fresh bunnies soon.

You bet right! Yesterday I had: white cabbage, carrot, yellow pepper, orange pepper, kale, beetroot, rocket, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, blueberries, strawberries and an apple. Maybe 10 bunnies all told.

Not all were fresh, as I froze and pickled tons of last year's harvest, but it was still a lovely rainbow of produce. Nom nom nom.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Mine come from a bag! 🀣😘
  • PAV8888
    edited February 20
    Options
    750g bag with 769g and about 272Cal today!

l8hfewww8fqd.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,654 Member
    Options
    They still look mighty tasty, PAV!

I FOUND BELLAS BUNNIES!!!! :)

Today was a running around most of the day day, bunnies came in the form of a beet/spinach smoothie, lentil soup with many vegetables, and green soup with many green vegtables :) Not sure how many bunnies - but a decent amount.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I do have some bunnies ready in reserve (760g of italian mix vegetables sitting in their glasslock container in the fridge)... but I am wondering if my "newest" find counts as a bunny?

I first run into them in Costco in January... and I just opened my third bag... Dark Chocolate FIG truffles... 3 = 33g = 70 Cal. Ingredients are "figs" and "dark chocolate". They are sweet, of course, but not TOO sweet--a level less than candy bars--while being sweet.

That's my story for now!

(breakfast food? sure! lunch food? sure! snack? why not! after dinner mint? Of course!)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Sure PAV - why not? I’m having low fat ice cream and a banana for dinner.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Do you find bananas to be a good bargain for the calories? I am not always sure I do. Taste good though πŸ€”
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    Do you find bananas to be a good bargain for the calories? I am not always sure I do. Taste good though πŸ€”

Well if I’m having cereal or yogurt or low fat ice cream, I can spare the calories on a small banana. I only buy a few smaller ones that are fairly green maybe once a month. They last a week and I don’t eat one daily.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Ha! I was talking the 110g of so (pealed) "normal" ripe bananas! No judgement you know! I am wasting calories on chocolate covered figs... can't really dis a banana by comparison! Truly: whether things are "worth" it changes from person to person but even for one person from day to day and time to time. And if it is "worth" it to me right now... that's as good as it gets--at least in my books.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,998 Member
    edited March 10
    Options
    There will be lots of bunnies for me this week because the special weekly challenge in my other group (sorry @PAV8888) is to eat 11 servings of fruit and veggies each day. Yes, @Mtar??? is a self-confessed dork and Spinal Tap fan, so that's why we get to aim for 11 in week 11 which starts on March 11...

Sigh.... :D

Good job I love those bunnies!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It is fun going to eleven ... I might just take on that challenge.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 10
    Options
    Depending on definitions that would be as little as 880g of fresh veggies and fruits. OR 440g of dried. Or combination!

When I hit my 750g of veggies plus a couple of peach cups (250g with juice or about 160-170g without) I am pretty much there. So not every day I guess for me! But quite a few :blush:

Of course Bella is also getting hers from her own garden! Those WILL taste WAY better!
  • lauriekallis
    edited March 11
    Options
    I forgot about this challenge! But still was probably over yesterday. 2 clementines with breakfest; green soup not weighed but a very intense bunny experience thinking at least 4 bunnies? + roasted potato slices with fresh pesto (no cheese - just basil and garlic with some olive oil); Beet/spinach blueberry smoothie; veggie burger made of veggies not soy or wheat protein with a side of red pepper and tomato; late afternoon apple; a surprise glass of fresh celery/apple juice. What a delicious treat that was! God Dog's owner stayed over this weekend - he is now juicing :)

Somethings happen "naturally" in my daily diet. Thank goodness for little blessings :)

But still. I really want to try what I conceive of being your approach PAV. Get that bag of frozen veggies going for bulk.

But, now that I've written that, in some ways I am. Green soup every day is one meal. Dinner often involves some veggie heavy dish from the freezer. Somedays it just feels like one veggie after another :) But, if I recall, back in my days of good losing I incorporated potatoes into almost every day. For me the supply great satiety for relatively few calories. Maybe that should be my new daily goal :) No matter what is happening for my third meal - boil a potato or two if they are small :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Potatoes and apples tend to come in very high in the satiety for calories index for MOST people. I have to be "semi honest" and add bananas in the discussion before everyone goes bananas. I don't see that last one for myself... which is why, I guess, it is called an individualized response!:lol:

Potatoes are no longer JUST potatoes once you start to dress and dress and dress (or oil and oil and oil) them :wink: Now if you slice them thin and put them through a sun-tan salon with some hot hot hot oil, then they will get even more crispy crunchy and all bets will be off!

You know... I'm gonna go get some potatoes actually!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    As to my veg thing?

By no means every day but yes, I do try to, on MOST days, put into the nuker a 500 to 750g bag of relatively low cal veggies.

I try to stay with the sub 50 Cal per 85g--even better with the sub 35 Cal per 85g varieties. That's under 310 Cal per day. Or a bit less than 11% of my total calories.

A tub of greek yogurt 0% is 75g or so of protein and under 450 Cal Add in some "mix-ins", lately 110 Cal of peaches (with the juice drained and drunk separately earlier in the day), and/or some heavy on the fiber cereal and a few drops of sucralose and desert substitute is ready.

And my absolute base levels of protein (75g) and fiber (high 20s) have been covered for the day at under 30% of total calories. Yes yes, I have a big budget. Fine. Let's rephrase:

The absolute base levels of protein and fiber have been covered for the day for 800-900 Cal. Which still leaves 1/3 to 1/2 the calories for MANY people even while losing weight--and portion sizes CAN be adjusted :wink:

This means that within minutes and depending on budget I can have meals ready in under 5 or under 10 minutes from the time I decide I've waited too long!

-- dump some consomme or broth or powder or "cube" and water and add in some of the ready made veggies and we have instant soup (maybe even chop in gratuitous onion, or add
    -- use one of the 260 to 360 Cal packs of noodles or pho and add a quantity of the veggies to them
    --mix some of the veggies into one of the 240 to 440 Cal Indian food pouches
    --heat up a 260 to 550 Cal tv dinner and add lots of veggies.
    --prepare a pouch (360 or so Cal) of mashed potatoes and mix in the veggies
    -- dump a half jar or more of tomato based sauce and add the veggies and maybe eat with spiraled or riced veggies.
    -- grab a "sausage" which might even be frozen (or pre-cooked chicken or quick to heat fillet of fish or shrimp that can thaw quickly in water) and add to the ready veggies... but that's like COOKING!!! :naughty:
    etc etc.

And the tub of greek yogurt is waiting for after the meal! Or if I am "poor" in Calories I can do the pre-made puddings though lately I've mostly hit the instant puddings with 500g of milk. They too can get a hearty type of bran cereal to "fluff up".

Anyway. That's the "basic" plan fairly ad-libbed. Some stuff that is fairly filling. Plus candy. Chocolate. And random slices of bread or fruit or... err candy :smiley:
    -- etc etc etc.

Sorry. can't edit got ta go :smiley:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Bella? How many SATURDAY BUNNIES are you planning to eat?

Friday I had both my cauli/brocco/carrot bunnies and a "marie calendar" cauliflower rice with chicken and cheese sauce thingy. I mean the Marie Calendar things was not TERRIBLE. But gourmet cheese it wasn't!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Bunnies - potatoes wedges were today's bad bunnies .... plus some good ones - green soup, strawberries, clementines
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I haven't tried any of the Marie Calendar dishes...
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Don't go out of your way unless on a good sale! :wink: