How many 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 did I eat?🙀

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,625 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    Today started off with some good bunnies ... strawberries, clementines some pineapple, green soup, home made potato circles baked with olive oil (I've discovered that 3/4 thick slices bake much more nicely than wedges!) ... but after that period of good eating and wholesome fun ... I was "paring" stuff other than veggies (in preparation for renting out half of my wee house to help fund the Newfoundland house) and I hit the couple of baskets from the high kitchen shelves full of parental keepsakes ... and, yes, the keepsakes are all out of their baskets on the island, sort of divided into two piles, but in the recycling bin is the empty container of the cookies n' cream cake that soothed my heart after I stopped at the store after I walked the pup after I divided said keepsakes into their STAY and GO piles. HOW does stuff get such a grip on our hearts????? I don't even look in those baskets. If someone came and emptied them I would never know. But as soon as I pulled them down it just about killed me to put my grandmother's (who by the way I NEVER MET) lovely little patterned dessert bowls with matching side plates and the little matching glasses into the "GO" pile.
    The cake was okay ... meh ... put me to sleep for a few hours ... but I'm sure there are better ways ... BOOZE would have had the same effect for much fewer calories! (I'm a pretty light drinker ... thank goodness ) I'm SURE there is a healthier alternative which I didn't not reach for.

A nice bag of frozen mixed veggies!!!!!!! With a good few tablespoons of butter if I felt the need for decadence.

ANOTHER WALK!!!!! There are actual bunnies in the Bayfront park where the pups and I walk - lots of them out and about - I could have gone to count cute little bunnies!

I remember writing something here a week or so ago - a self soothing device OTHER THAN FOOD. But I honestly can't temember what it was.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... well yeah. the ancestors and past and current relatives thing? Not doing too good in that department myself...
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I've been feeling for you, PAV, from my "past that stuff" spot ... so much for that :) They are always there somewhere even when they are not - which is a blessing, don't get me wrong, BUT. I'll be happy to be on the other side of this 'paring' - my kids owe me for this one! :)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    I've had 12 servings of freggies today, in every colour of the rainbow. That's my calories done for the day...
  • PAV8888
    Options
    freggies! I like that one. HOWEVER, MISSY BELLA, even with a KILOGRAM of (FRE)GGIES... I don't see how you can be OUT of calories unless there was a calorie or two dedicated to something OTHER than veggies!!!!!! :smiley:
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    Well there might also have been porridge...and a can of tuna....and a gingernut biscuit...and 70g greek yoghurt...but all the rest was freggies.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hope it was a good day!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Where are the Bella bunnies?

I know @Creamtea42 is eating her bunnies what about @lauriekallis ? Also @Yoolypr seldom mentions bunnies???🤔
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I have 2 servings of fruit at breakfast. At least three servings at lunch. Dinner is usually a big salad. I am well-bunnied up most days. And most of the time breakfast and dinner are similar. So any reports from me wouldn’t be all that interesting.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I have 2 servings of fruit at breakfast. At least three servings at lunch. Dinner is usually a big salad. I am well-bunnied up most days. And most of the time breakfast and dinner are similar. So any reports from me wouldn’t be all that interesting.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    We are always interested in both bunny and PAW IMPROVEMENT reports!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Been doing good with bunnies this week.

I have had salads for lunches. My favorite so far is romaine, arugula, a mix of sprouts/shoots, sweet potato, crispy onions, chicken, pickled beets, and goat feta. Lots of strong flavors keep it interesting.

Then last night I had hibachi bowls which had zucchini, onion, and mushrooms (along with chicken and rice).
  • PAV8888
    edited April 19
    Options
    I'm in.... well... except for the crispy onions as they tend to be a bit "expensive" in the quantities I would add them in!!!! feta I suspect is probably considered intense by non feta habituated people. I find it a bit mild and would go for stinky blue cheese (which I would then use less off thus saving calories because... stinky! but good stinky!!!! mmmm..... blue cheese.... need to check my fridge :blush: )
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Getting in loads of veggie bunnies & they are really filling out these bloomin’ steroids - win, win?

Yesterday was avocado, squash, kale, carrots, beans & peas with an apple, orange & lime juice.

Unfortunately, there was also a bag of crisps (128 kcals) & x 6 ( (130 kcals) Whittard’s dark chocolate thins…. Pressie from an ex-work colleague 😵‍💫🤣
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The thins sound 6x more than the crisps!🤣

Of course yesterday I needed a mommy!!!!!😂🤬 54% of my total calories were cadbury mini eggs, maron glacés, dark chocolate covered fig paste truffles, and ... frosted flakes.

Did manage almost 635g of veggies and fruits, so about 8 bunnies if you give a tiny bit of credit to the chestnuts and figs 🤔
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So…. Bunny counting here, I naturally eat loads of veggies, but I can be hit & miss with cooking them & have had many disasters - for the life of me savoy gabbage is one - steamed usually ends up like a dark green, watery - mushy - mess. Spinach & me are incompatable & ends up like 🤮🤮🤮…. So,if ok, & with Pav’s nice looking sausage supper in mind ….what are your methods creating veggies & veggie dishes that you love & return to. One of mine is broccoli, pan dry fryed with garlic…..only takes 5 mins, over medium heat & with a splash of water if sticking - delish if a little bit browned over, but not burnt!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm a fan of pan frying green veggies .... just a little olive oil, and again a splash of water if they are sticking. Green beans, cabbage, spinach, brussel sprouts cut in halves (they need a bit of a braising first - I almost cover them in water - let the water boil away - and then add a splash of olive oil.

Seems easier to avoid overcooking the.

My bunnies have been good lately. Beet, blueberry and spinach smoothies every day. A good sized salad with field greens, cucumber, little tomatoes and an apple. Clementines in the morning. Green soup usually too.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The bunnies in the picture are literally "lower quality"/"no name" california mix (cauli, broco, carrot) that went from the freezer to the nuker for 7.5 minutes for the 750g bag.

The ones in the picture got "extra treatment" because of the sausage fest, and when the sausage and potatoes were done I put then in the air fryer for a few minutes while "vigorously tossing" which I can confirm splashed some of the "sausage" on them... not the most healthy way to get the bunnies going!

Normally TBH I just eat them as is. Or use them in soup (with some form of noodle usually) or with mash (instant) or... well... to fluff up some already prepared nuke dinner.

Lately I've been using the sauced up green giant "restaurant sides" bags that I got on mini sale and fluff up the restaurant ones with the california mix that comes in at less than half the "restaurant side" price!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 27
    Options
    Back in the day at the parental house I used to use parchment paper and a tiny bit of spray in the convection oven

Or bunnies in tomato/spaghetti sauce sometimes with some meat (usually sausage)

Basically 1 to 1.5kg of bunnies to 750g spaghetti sauce and ~3-400g sausage more or less

Then can serve over cauli rice, or mix, or plain rice or noodle substitute or noodles or with mash.

Pretty tolerant to make...

Brown onion/onion garlic using cut up sausage for fats maybe spray if desperate. Add frozen or pre thawed bunnies. Add jar of sauce either carefully slightly pre warmed in nuker or as is.

Let simmer as long as you can afford/tolerate but at least to a boil plus 15 minutes 🤯 more time good! But not more than an hour I would say ... Serve over the whatever or with toast or crackers if nothing in the house! 🤣

• lauriekallis
    Options
    I love how you use the frozen veggies, PAV. And - I went to Walmart and bought those pouches - but not the frozen veggies. Duh. Today. And your California mix veggies look pretty impressive. Good size to those pieces!