Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,760 Member
    Options
    @kedwards1996 I'm likely not the best answer here, but, I make sure I get my healthy fats. That is the ONLY way I feel satisfied. In fact, when I went fat-free is when I gained a lot of weight and never felt satisfied. I know some of our members were exploring The Volumetrics Diet at one point. You may get some ideas from some of them.
  • Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    @kedwards1996 -Eating more protein will help you feel more satiated.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good day all, it is going to be a great day.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    @tabatha_cain -thx! In all our craziness this weekend, we didn’t realize we ran out of bread. Hard to make sandwiches
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,495 Member
    Options
    happy monday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! woo hoo! my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i am helping out a good friend of mine today to run some errands for her. i like to help others whenever i can. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i helped the same friend yesterday to get a few necessities. i did some strength training this morning before it got too warm here. i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • serenegrace14
    serenegrace14 Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help! It does sound a little overwhelming but you answered all my questions!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Wow that was a lot of reading to catch-up on! Thanks for all the Birthday wishes! Had a great weekend partying and am sure the scale will still be very unhappy with me. But on the positive side I had over 20,000 steps each day.

Today has been a great busy day. Walk, neighbors lawn, some gardening, laundry and dishes done. Also played a couple games of Skipbo with Hubby. Hope to get a great night sleep.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,132 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Well I did some more work last night and earned myself a little more money. I am hoping to add to that amount as the week goes along. Today it is my main job and working on the basement that is on the agenda for today. I have to finish cleaning the basement.

@cormierannie - Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. Hope you had fun
    @CSEGUIN2 - So glad you had a good weekend. The scale can be fixed later. If you had a good time that is what matters.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Continuing to do interim challenge on Shapeshifter spring thread. Just checking in here. Sunny day here but cool spring weather for us.
    I currently am on low fodmap diet & finding success in slow but consistent & sustainable weight loss with low calorie, low carb & moderate fat & protein. I like the nutrition tracker part of MFP & trying to daily pretrack my food to make sure I keep my carbs low is major help for me. Have a great Tuesday all. 😎 Smiles Barb
  • gardenergal24
    gardenergal24 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi @Dianedoessmiles so glad to see you checking in! Hope you're out of the hospital now and starting the slow mending process. We missed you!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Didn't get much movement today. Heat advisory is in effect. Also had TOPS today. According to them I gained 5.5 in 2 weeks as I was not there last week. But am down 1.4 in regards to my scale last week t home. Either way definitely fixable and not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Slowly working in getting things back on track one piece at a time.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    @kedwards1996: It is great to hear how others are eating to lose weight. What worked for me is counting calories and lowering my calorie intake until I lose weight while doing lots of outdoor work. It's gotten me from 220 to 150. And right now, I seem to be stuck at 150 but then I've been sneaking in sweets lately and not posting my calories as accurately as I need to be.

I awoke before the alarm (startling) and was outside by 8:30 and dug up or lopped off stumps along a trail. After I had lunch, it was way too hot to continue outside and so I zoned this afternoon. Feel for those at the Cardinal's double-header tonight. Also, the poor ballplayers and workers!

mjdyw39m77q4.jpg
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @CSEGUIN2! 🌈💥💫🎂

I'm catching up tonight on the news around the airport. Sorry to hear that some of us are having some health issues. Prayers for all those who are seeing doctors or finishing up appointments. And I regret that this isn't more personal. I've shot my wad today and am ready to crash into bed. The weeds keep getting bigger and I keep getting slower. Yet, grateful for everyday I'm outside or getting cottages ready for solitude seekers.

Have a great weekend ALL!

9n1ngkgk1d53.jpg

Nice that you were able to be outside today. Way to go!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,448 Member
    Options
    0ephftq8mjpw.gif
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    @kedwards1996 - try experimenting with lemon, lime, and different herbs and spices. Dried herbs have stronger flavor than their fresh counterparts, but fresh are great on eggs, salads and other mild-tasting foods. Thyme has been my favorite on chicken and pork these days. Have fun!