Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @Tamevv - Great goals Tam! Very smart breaking it up in 2 parts! I may have missed where you’re heading, I hope you have a great time! Great job on 2nd place last month!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

@Ftofit - great job coming so far. Having a positive mindset gets me through the day! I hope you find all your looking for throughout the rest of the year! Keep pushing forward!!
    Great goals!

@trooworld - I noticed my first gray hair at 20 years old. I always knew I was destined to lose my dark brown color. My mom has been dyeing her grays for as long as I can remember, all of her family has gray and all of my dads family is completely white 😂 I used to highlight my hair in the summer and go back natural color in winter, eventually I had to keep the highlights year round to help camouflage the grays now I’m in a slow transition to all blonde. I’m not even 40 yet and yes I feel the same way, it’s the only age giveaway but I’ll be like Betty White and have blonde hair for as long as I can 🤣

@laurelfit57 - nice loss, I’m looking forward to seeing how you manage maintenance, when I hit goal weight I maintained for 6 months and then it all went very quickly in the other direction.

@DrewsAnna - you’re welcome!!! Looking forward to having you here this month!!

Going to be a lazy day for me besides taking the longest routes possible to the restrooms so that I get my steps in. I’ve already gotten my workout and daily challenge done, since I binged on ice cream late last night I’m making myself hold out the 15 hours before eating again. Fruits and veggies today since tomorrow is my weigh in!! Hubby is still dragging his feet about leaving, we are out of the room but just sitting in the truck so I’ll probably find a movie to watch and take a nap. I’m sure he will drive straight through once he decides to go.

I’m going to update this at the end of each week since I only had one daily goal…..Sundays always seem like the end of the week to me 😉

Count Down to Halloween
    Commitment...

1). 10,000 steps every single day ✅ Yesterday was done and todays seems very doable.
    2). Hike at least 5 times this month - gonna have to find a place soon 😬
    3). Stay consistent with the 4 BB workouts each week ✅ Yes and Yes, I’m going to attempt a workout everyday until I catch up with my coach!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I was a little worried about my way in this morning, I did two classes at the gym yesterday and that usually puts me up, so I was kind of excited I have actually had a loss.
    Things remain hectic around here, my daughter and son-in-law‘s house goes on the market tomorrow, so we will have done all we could and I am hoping my life will get back to normal :-).
    @shaunarir83 I have been in maintenance for going on five months now, Thanks for the heads up on how your journey went, I will make sure to get things under control quickly!
    I am absolutely pooped, I helped out at the garage sale today, Unfortunately there wasn’t much of a turn out. That’s OK, we got everything packed up for donations, so now my daughters garage is all done and put away as well. I am just sitting down to put my feet up and I will try to stay awake until nine🤣. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,594 Member
    Options
    Hi team! Love reading about everyone each month, I'm so glad we do that both for the new and old members as I learn something new each month even from those of you I've known for a long time. I'm just dropping in real quick, I went out to eat with my family for my birthday and got home a little late. There was a little panic because I was taking a nap when they tried to make reservations at the place I chose and they're closed on Sundays but we found another Mexican place my SIL knew of with a back patio that was good. Hung out at my brother's house for awhile then came back here. I have my yearly mums which I always cringe when I see because I get them every year and all but earlier this year when I got them from my nephews from Mother's Day I manage to kill them right away and feel terrible. Hopefully I've learned the shadier spot in the yard is best for them, we'll see in a couple weeks! Not much else going on, need to listen to my calm music and head to bed, have a great week and October everyone!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Weigh in October 2 - Sunday

SW: 228
    PW: 216.4
    CW: 220.4

Sorry guys, wild weekend.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

My name is Meg. I’m 40 with 2 kids. Full time teacher. I’ve had a phenomenal September, dropped 11 pounds over the month. This past weekend I was on a retreat with amazing food and free flowing wine. I had a temporary bump on the scale but I know it’s going to be back down in the next couple days so I look forward to continuing the great momentum.

My big struggle is snacking. I more or less kicked that habit last month so I’m determined not to let this one weekend derail my good habits.

Time to get my family out of bed! Have a great day everyone!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

My name is Missy, I live in the New England area with my huskies and bichon. Working and going back to school in January for my MBA. Want to get healthy and fit so I can enjoy life.

Goals:
    Get back in the habit of Tracking
    Stay within calories/points(WW)
    Lost 5 pounds this month
    Get more active

SW: 229.2
    CW: 226
    GW: 110-120
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,932 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo team! We got 3rd place for September! Congrats to the whole team. @Cornanda @Tamevv @leonadixon @megnolia82 @shaunarlr83 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! And 4 weeks in the green consistency award goes to @megnolia82, @Ftofit, @Tamevv way to go!

@happysquidmuffin Congrats on your 30 lbs down! WTG!

@shaunarlr83 20 lbs down, woo hoo congrats!

@DrewsAnna We sometimes deal with wildfires down here in Southern California, I know what you mean about it being hard to exercise in that smoke/ashes flying. I hope it calms down soon. I hope you had fun at the birthday cookout.

@shaunarlr83 Wow, that is young! Going blonde is a great idea to hide the grays. The problem with my current dye plan is that I get it dyed a dark purple and my gray roots area look kind of pink and that's not good lol. So, all-natural it is! I hope you have a safe trip out of town. Great job with your goals!

@megnolia82 That sounds really fun and relaxing!

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I am glad you were able to find a place to go after your preferred choice was closed. I hope your mums survive longer this year. :)

@gemwolf110 Good to have you here! Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. We had a birthday celebratory brunch yesterday for myself and my MIL. I ate reasonable portions of the food but I just couldn't make my water goal. I will definitely hit it today as I do better at work with my water. I did track 90% of what went into my mouth so that's good. Have a great day!

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ✔
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ❌
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,932 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Congrats on your 20 lbs down!
    195abl68jjq4.png
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 190.8
    Current weight - 188.2
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

Just checking in real quick!
    I had a great time at the birthday BBQ yesterday. There was a lot of great food and I really enjoyed a lot of that great food. When I got home I fell asleep because I was so full. Lol, the scale reflected that this morning when I did my pre-weigh in. When I got up from my little nap, I did a walk-n-talk for 20 min.

Today is definitely a water day.

@gemwolf110 congrats on your 5 lb loss. I also do MFP & WW, most of the time it's easier to count the points instead of the calories.

@trooworld thank you, I had a great time at the cookout.

@shaunarlr83 congrats on your loss.

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Thank you!! :smiley:
    My October Goals:
    1. 11K steps/day avg <3
    2. No after-dinner sugar binges <3
    3. Don't let myself get thangry <3

I need new pants :p And my "tight" skirt... isn't. :o My weight is holding steady. I am still calorie counting, but I'm not weighing every darn thing. It's a nice "break."
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna wrote: »
    Hey y'all!

Just checking in real quick!
    I had a great time at the birthday BBQ yesterday. There was a lot of great food and I really enjoyed a lot of that great food. When I got home I fell asleep because I was so full. Lol, the scale reflected that this morning when I did my pre-weigh in. When I got up from my little nap, I did a walk-n-talk for 20 min.

Today is definitely a water day.

@gemwolf110 congrats on your 5 lb loss. I also do MFP & WW, most of the time it's easier to count the points instead of the calories.

@trooworld thank you, I had a great time at the cookout.

@shaunarlr83 congrats on your loss.

Thank you! So true and the in person meetings as well.
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @katmary A belated happy birthday to you! Mexican food is my favorite!

@megnolia82 free flowing wine and food is definitely a deadly combination, but it sounds like a super fun weekend!

@trooworld that is awesome that you were able to eat reasonable portions! I think that is one of the biggest goals when going out to eat.

@happysquidmuffin congratulations on the NSVs! I find that when my clothes are fitting me more comfortably, it is such a feeling of accomplishment! Good for you!!

I had a good day today, got together with a girlfriend and went for lunch this afternoon. I was just not just behind here, I have gotten behind visiting with friends and other family members as well, time to play catch-up :-).
    I think it is time to get a crochet project out, keep my hands busy at night so I won’t want to snack LOL
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    @megnolia82 - I have always wanted to do a womens retreat. It sounds amazing, I’m so glad you had a great time!!

@leti126 - You’ve got this!! Getting back into the swing of school life is rough. I’m sure your schedule is back on track now!!!

@Katmary71 - I’m glad your birthday turned out good!

@gemwolf110 - Hi Missy! Great job getting started, making it a habit to track is always the hardest step for me but once I get going I’m good You will do great! 😃

@trooworld - thanks!!!! I’m glad you got to do a little more birthday celebrating!!

@happysquidmuffin - you’re doing so well!!! I’m happy for you!!

@DrewsAnna - Thank you and I’m still craving potato salad so you didn’t eat enough of it for me too 😉😂

Another run of the mill day, riding, unloading, sitting, working out, walking, eating, logging. Did it all and hit all goals but nothing to be real excited about. No idea where we will go from here (East Texas) hopefully something great pops tomorrow, I’m not really ready to go home just yet.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @megnolia82 Sounds like a fun retreat, I'm sure it will go down in the next few days. Awesome September!

@gemwolf110 I'd love to see your pups! You probably have to do a ton of walking with huskies, right? I was real close to getting one when my pain condition was in remission, thank goodness I didn't or I don't know how I'd do it. They're such beautiful dogs, so are bichons!

@Cornanda @Tamevv @leonadixon @megnolia82 @shaunarlr83 Way to go!

@trooworld The brunch sounds awesome. I'm at the end of Under The Whispering Door, it's going to be a late night, have the Kindle charging for it!

@happysquidmuffin Congratulations on 30lbs off!

@DrewsAnna That BBQ sounds fun, the walk-in-talk is a great way to get some exercise in.

@happysquidmuffin congratulations on the loose clothes!

@Laurelfit57 Thank you! A crochet project would be perfect, I'd love to see what you make.

@shaunarlr83 Sounds like your run-of-the-mill day is super active, do you use a fitness tracker? I bet you burn a lot when you're on the road especially with going hiking too. Glad you're hitting goals!

Hi team, had a good workout this morning then had a mellow day, I'm still flared up from sitting so I'm resting to hopefully come out of it. Ran a few errands but other than that just read. I did my Halloween goals- listened to hang drums in the tub, went up on sets with arm weights, and held stretches longer. Have a great Tuesday! I want to finish my book tonight and have the farm in the morning so I'm off.
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    Vannie as always is super helpful and supportive, even with my crocheting🥰
    @Katmary71 I am just making a very simple scarf, but I think it should be quite pretty when it’s done.

cpsqaylx0sys.jpeg
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi all, quick check in for me today. A good day, met my goals and feeling good.
This discussion has been closed.