Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    User: DrewsAnna
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 154.4
    CW: 153.2

Hey y'all! I worked out the last 2 days in a row. It felt really. Lol, Tuesday I fell asleep after my workout. Lol.... at least I got my heart rate up a little bit. Yesterday my fitbit said, I was having irregular heart rhythms. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm set at 150 BPM max and yesterday I got up to 156 BPM. Just a little back story. A couple months ago I got an upgraded pacemaker. I went from 2 wires to 3 wires and got a bigger case with a 3rd port. It's taken a little getting used to, to feel "normal" again. I have a dr appt next week with the Electrophysiologist, I'll ask him about it.

My body is sore today so, I'm going to take a break from working out and take my best buddy out for a walk.

Y'all have a great day!!

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Hi All,

@Cornanda Hahaha, I must have mistyped then autocorrected - I’m making a *star* blanket. It’s just from ravelry - https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stained-glass-round-ripple-6-to-24-points. I’ve only got the last 4 colour rounds to go and have done the same colour combination as the pattern. I love starting new projects - it’s the finishing I struggle with 😂😂. Good on you for throwing away food 👍

@trooworld It’s Friday morning here - I know it’s not for you yet but I’m thinking of you anyway and hoping you get to relax and “switch off” in the afternoon.

@DrewsAnna Hope you had a great walk! And yay on a loss 👍

@katmary71. Thanks. I did sleep better last night except I woke at 4 and could not resettle. I’m sure mostly because all the visitor and driving shenanigans begin today and I’ve got lots of things going round my head about that. But a lack of sleep is only going to make all that worse and it will be a late night tonight too. Fingers crossed adrenaline will keep me going.

@shaunarlr83 thanks. The only other time I’ve ever jogged was 20 years ago but I do recall enjoying it. Yeah I worry about doing an injury and being out of commission for exercise altogether - that would really be devastating for me right now. I love your challenge of the weights exercise - made me smile with some interesting visuals 😊

@laurelfit57 Don’t knock the back and forth repetition - I find those projects really calming and meditative 😊. I do feel very satisfied with the more complicated designs, but I do have to concentrate much more with them - success usually comes down to yarn tension. In the early days I had a lot of trouble with working too tightly which is what led me to Amigurumi (working to my strengths 😉). I had to actually practice in order to be able to work loosely enough to make a blanket piece look good.

Yesterdays report: did not track food or water and had a couple of sweets but passed on a lot too. Was responsible-ish for meals, but hope to do better today. Exercise was the win - walked twice - once in the rain - to meet my goal. Legs were stiff presumably from the jog, but I quite like the reminder that I worked hard and achieved something 😊
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @katmary71 yes, everything must be done together🤣. Jasper sounds hilarious! When I do pigeon pose, the days I am feeling flexible and can actually bend fully forward Vannie likes to jump on my head, she thinks we are playing. Poor Asher! I hope when the sun rises tomorrow Jasper settles down and he treats Asher better! Everyone’s situation and pain is relative, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this and I truly hope that they can find some relief for you. Many many healing hugs are being sent your way my friend!

@Cornanda I am super impressed that you have had that Afghan around since 2009! And another one that you worked on 25 years ago! You must have a lot of storage space LOL. I’ll bet it was nice to get together with everyone from your work. Are you finding that you’re really liking your new job? Congrats on the NSV!

@trooworld Really sorry that you have to go into work tomorrow! It is crazy to me how quickly this week has flown by. I am very lucky that I don’t have a café close by, a breakfast burrito sounds lovely!

@DrewsAnna yay you working out two days in a row! A walk with your best buddy sounds like a delightful way to spend a Friday!

@Tamevv That star blanket is beautiful! I have the opposite problem with tension. Years ago I ruptured the tendon in my thumb and had to have a tendon transfer from my index finger to my thumb. If I do any sustained fine work with tension, my index finger and thumb will spasm, so I have to work with a very relaxed hand. To compensate it for it I try to work with a less bulky yarn and smaller hook. The first scarf I made I used a bulky yarn and large hook, it was ridiculous🤣. Sounds like you kept things under control today, good for you with the exercise!! I never mind feeling stiff, it makes me feel like I really put in the work :-).

It was a really good day today, I was able to do my two classes at the gym, spin and barbell class. I am back up to about half the weights that I was before, so I am on my way. Vannie got two really good walks in and a quick one so she is happy and my step count was really up today. I did treat myself to a perogy and Kubasaw supper, but I stayed within my daily range. Three perogies and a small piece of Kubasaw with some sauerkraut. Dinner was delicious and I still have over 900 exercise points left.
    Do you other people have their fitness tracker sync up with MyFitnessPal? What do you do with your exercise points? My habit has been if I have up to 300 or 400 points over I don’t typically eat any of those. If it is over 500 calories , I may eat an extra 100 to 200 calories. Just curious what others do. It is our Thanksgiving weekend this weekend, so everyone is coming here for Thanksgiving dinner on Monday. I need all the extra exercise points I can get this week lol
  • DrewsAnna
    Hey y'all! Just popped in real quick to see what everyone is up to before I start work on my Mom's blanket. I saw some of you talking about crochet. I'm gonna have to be checking in more often, lol.....

@Cornanda @Tamevv @laurelfit57

Star blankets are so beautiful, I've made 3 of them. 2 of them in girlish colors for a couple of my newborn grand beauties. The 3rd one though, I made it a "Spiderman" theme with webbing, it turned out so cool. The grand beauty that blanket went to absolutely loves it. He still sleeps with it every night. I'll find a picture and try to post it for y'all. Lol, I love having someone to talk "crochet" with. I know it isn't MFP related so I'll try and contain my excitement.

Have a good night (or day?) :)
  • DrewsAnna
    @laurelfit57 I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving with your family & friends. I'm curious, what is Kubasaw?
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:231.4
    CW:235.8
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited October 2022
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 195.7
    Month +/-: -1.7
    Total Loss: 68.7

Good morning! I know I've been missing for the last several days. There is just a ton of stuff going on and I'm trying to figure out how to balance it all. I'm trying to also focus on eating better and getting in my exercise. I'll try to catch up with you soon!! :)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 140.0
    CW:138.8

First sunny day in a week and plan a long dog walk followed by a long dog shower, because he’s rather musty after so much rain walking 😁.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 229.4
    CW: 232
  • trooworld
    @DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! Great job with the exercise. Sounds like a good idea to talk to your doctor. Enjoy the walk!

@Tamevv Thank you so much! I appreciate it. I think you are doing fantastic, you are on vacation and still putting in the effort.

@laurelfit57 This week HAS flown by! Yeah, that cafe is dangerous. :( Your hip must be feeling better? I'm glad you are able to do your classes. Good to keep Vannie happy! :D What is Kubasaw? I love perogies! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss! I hope things calm down for you soon.

Hi all. By some miracle, I was able to get my project done yesterday so I can take today off! I worked so hard that my eyes were stinging from staring at the screen all day and my hands hurt from typing. I won't be doing that again lol. I don't have any plans today, except for going to Trader Joe's. I just wanted to take a rest.

I'm not happy about the gain I had. I don't quite know what happened, I tracked all of my food and nothing seemed amiss. I think the scale just didn't want to behave lol.

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ✔
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ❌

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 168.2
    CW: 170.8

I ate a lot during festivals this week and now i came back at where i had started. :/

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

@GabiV125 - literally all I watch is Netflix, I find myself watching the same show or old movies on repeat, every once in a while I’ll dive into a great documentary or a series that everyone is talking about but I usually just binge watch and then that’s over 😂 Great weigh in!!

@Katmary71 - we just got out of Texas probably won’t be getting up there until Sunday night in the middle of the night before we need to unload. I don’t often get to get out and do much in California. Finding places we can go in this huge truck isn’t always easy. If it looks like we will be staying put and I’ll have some down time I’ll see what there is to do in the vicinity. I’ll ask today exactly where. I’m sure it’s another town entirely, he just said “North of Sac” not how far 😂 I’m definitely needing to do something with my hair!! Hope your hair appointment was good and those stronger meds let you get some sleep!

@Cornanda - great job throwing away food!

@trooworld - I’m very familiar with much of your state, been going there for 14 years!!! My honeymoon was a road trip down hwy 1 🥰 My first instinct was to ask how you haven’t explored your own state but I have lived in Oklahoma my whole life and still hear of towns I’ve never heard of and have no clue where they are 😂 I’m so happy your NOT working today, great job hitting those goals amidst the stress, and I hate that the scale didn’t reward you for all of your efforts!!

@DrewsAnna - Great weigh in!!! I saw you working hard!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 My watch will tell me stuff like that too but I never figured out how to set it up correctly! I bet your dr. will give you a great report and tell you to keep at it!

@Tamevv - when I was really into jogging I had a legit fear of tripping and then one day I did!!!! 😣☹️ Luckily it didn’t stop me at that point but I do think it causes some lasting damage. Great job walking in the rain. It’s rainy here and I’m thinking about get out in it. I often wonder why people let rain stop them from doing so much. I’ve watched my kids play sports in the rain, and everyone always talks about dancing in the rain! Some days it can be quite enjoyable if you just get out there. Of course it isn’t always ideal and we would rather stay dry but you can’t just let it keep you trapped inside!!

@laurelfit57 - I’m so happy for you that you was able to get back to your classes!! I usually eat back my calories but try to stay under, some days I don’t and I feel like I’ve really accomplished something 😂

@TeresaW1020 - Great weigh in! I hope things slow down for you!

@Ftofit - I’m glad you enjoyed yourself at the festivals, I’m sure that will flush out quickly with plenty of water! Don’t give up your still doing great!!

I had a pretty stressful day yesterday, didn’t do my Beachbody workout or daily challenge but got a lot of movement in to hit my goals. I actually took a nap, just to ease my mind from worry and we drove most of the night. I laid down about an hour before he stopped driving and woke up in New Mexico, down on the border. I think he plans on staying here most of the day and we will do laundry. There is a really cool looking old war plane museum up the road I might go check out later. We stopped and ate BBQ again!! 😂 It’s definitely my favorite and something I never turn down no matter how great my diet is going, 3 days of potato salad and bread has my joints inflamed! I’m sticking to my fasting hours remarkably well and staying near goal on calories. Still, I will be much more mindful of my food choices over the weekend and have another good weigh in!

For those who are curious yea most days we sleep in the truck. We do get out and get a room every few days to stretch out and relax a bit more. It’s a twin size bed so not the most comfortable sleep but he got a brand new mattress a few months back and it’s better than my bed at home 😂 The front is a regular truck the back has cabinets and cubbies to store all the stuff I bring from home and we have a small fridge and microwave so it’s kinda like RV living just much more confined and we work and make money wherever we go! It has always felt like a mini vacation for me to go with him but I do wish scheduling and access to more things to do were easier to come by.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!! Thank you all for being such great support!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @trooworld yay yay yay! So glad you were able to take the day off! Day off with no plans is a fantastic day! Ugh so sorry about the gain, sometimes our bodies just do whatever they do. Or we can have a scale that is acting up that week LOL!

@shaunarir83 it has got to be challenging on the road with food! You really are doing so well. It sounds like the two of you are very cosy :-).

Super challenging day today. I believe I overdid it yesterday, I was walking like Hop Along Cassidy today:/, my hip is certainly giving me grief. Honestly the gym workouts aren’t typically hard on me if I am doing OK, it is the walking that can be challenging as I believe it is more jarring. The weather has just been so beautiful here, in the 70s! It is never like this in October so I really want to take it vantage of every moment. I didn’t do too much today though, but I did eat a lot of unexpected cookies! I have a cousin who makes cabbage rolls and I went out to her place to pick some up for Thanksgiving dinner. Unfortunately she is in the beginning stages of dementia and is having problems with her memory and emotions. She kept giving me these cookies that she has been making the last few years (they are not my favorite, peanut butter bacon). She would forget she had already offered me a cookie and I had eaten it and would offer once again, if I said anything she would become quite upset. Well I ate about a dozen of those cookies before I was able to leave. My stomach is pretty topsie turvy tonight.
    I think I will cancel out of my gym classes tomorrow morning and just do house work and get some cooking started for Thanksgiving dinner on Monday :-).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member

@trooworld Thank you for the bread recipes, they sound so good. I had a beer bread mix in my Christmas stocking and that's what started me making the different breads, so good! Hey did you see on Prime video My Best Friend's Exorcism came out? I think you recommended that one to me but am not 100% on it, I may watch it tonight.

@Cornanda Thank you! The work celebration sounds fun, it feels weird being around people again afte the last few years still but I'm glad you all were able to get together.

@DrewsAnna Have a great walk today, I'm sure your best buddy will appreciate it! I hope the Fitbit is incorrect about irregular heart rhythms.

@Tamevv That's so tough when there's things going on trying get decent sleep around it especially if you already have sleep issues. I hope you get some decent sleep tonight.

@Laurelfit57 That's the funniest thing I've pictured all day imagining Vannie on your head when you're in pigeon pose! I saw a video of a woman planking and a dog ran under her and his head popped out the neck of her oversized tee shirt that was hanging down, too funny. Wow you had a seriously great day! I used to have my Fitbit synced here but it overestimated everything and I went through two in a year so it could also be that they were faulty but I gained weight eating as it said.

@TeresaW1020 Great to see you!

@GabiV125 sounds like a long shower for both you and the dog, it's hard not to get soaked washing them!

@trooworld I woke up this morning and after not being on last night I was wondering if you were off today! So glad you were able to take it off. Hope you had fun at Tjs and scored some goodies! I honestly think sometimes things DON'T make sense, weight loss is pretty frustrrating sometimes.

@Ftofit you may go down a little the few days after the festivals, the extra food and sodium can cause temporary weight gain. Hope you had fun!

@shaunarlr83 Hopefully if you're outside of Sacramento you won't get in Aftershock traffic, it's a 4 day rock/metal festival going on Th-Sun but it's actually IN Sacramento. The truck would definitely cause some issues, if you'd been toward Placerville I was going to suggest Apple Hill but parking would probably be a pain. You're coming at a good time, upper 80s so it's not unbearable right now. Yum the food sounds awesome but like you I feel it when I eat out. I remember telling you about my friend who was a bookkeeper and decided she missed her husband too much when he traveled so when her son was an adult she got her license and they drove together. When I met her we moderated a pain group together and her husband had died but she always talked about how much fun they had together before he passed away. I'm probably viewing things with you through rose-colored glasses from her stories!

Think I'm all caught up, I love our group! I had my hair done yesterday and skipped the cut so I could leave earlier then didn't go to the charity meeting. I mostly stayed around the house resting today, not sure if I'll make it to the food bank farm tomorrow but if I do I'll just do basil so I don't have to move much. I started working out this morning but am too flared up so I did some light stretching and finished my book instead. Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 170.6
    CW: 170.4

• trooworld
    @shaunarlr83 Oh wow! You know, I have explored the southern part of the state but I have yet to go above northern LA. I NEED to explore the other parts of the state, I'm missing some of the most beautiful parts! Girl, I was so happy to be off yesterday. I did next to nothing and it was great lol. Thank you. I'm sorry about the stress and worry, I hope it is better by the time you read this. I love BBQ, I am jealous! LOL I think it would be kind of fun to sleep in the truck, kind of like sleeping in a fort lol. Your life sounds kind of fun!

@laurelfit57 Me too! It was so good to just do nothing. I had a lot planned for yesterday but I didn't do much and it felt awesome. Thank you! I'm sorry about the hip pain. Nice weather! I love cabbage rolls, they are so much work to make though. I used to make an "unstuffed cabbage roll casserole" but it just wasn't the same. I also have recipes for a cabbage roll soup, but never tried it. Oh your poor cousin. And your poor stomach! Good idea to take it easy.

@Katmary71 You are welcome! :D I did see that came out on Prime, I am going to do a watch party with my best friend next Saturday to watch it. She said it was good, and entertaining (she has already seen it). I did recommend it to you. I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think! It was glorious to have the day off yesterday, I did next to nothing and it was great LOL! I got two kinds of cheese and some crackers: unexpected cheddar and some other one with some pumpkin cranberry rosemary crackers. It should be good. I tried some of it with some other crackers and some cold cuts last night and it was really good although the second cheese is dusted with cinnamon so that didn't go so well with the meat or the other crackers. I hope your pain subsides and you have a great weekend.

Hi all. It was so nice to have a Friday off, I went to Trader Joe's and it wasn't crowded which was nice. I put up some more Halloween decorations and that's about all I did. We had leftovers for dinner so I didn't even cook lol. I don't have anything planned for today, either, so that is nice and chill.

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ✔
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ❌

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    October Week two
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    P. W. 257
    C. W. 257.5
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 245
    CW: 245
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    Hey everyone… sorry for a crappy week on my end. I’ve been in bed for 4 days with some bad flu or cold or maybe covid. Really hoping to start feeling better soon.

I’ll try to catch up on posts and I’ll be back for weigh in tomorrow.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    @DrewsAnna - Hope you get the pacemaker thing figured out. A spiderman star blanket is SO creative!

@Tamevv - those star blankets are gorgeous! Never seen that pattern. I'm kinda with @laurelfit57 - I like the simple ones- if I have to concentrate too much, I quit working on them. When my kids were little I switched to making baby blankets because they got done quicker and that was good motivation for me.

@laurelfit57 - My job is going pretty well and I really like my coworkers. Hope your hip feels better quickly- sounds painful. Happy Thanksgiving!

@TeresaW1020 - taking time to work on your health goals is very important. We'll be ready to hear your news when you have a min. Nice loss this week!

@GabiV125 - hope the "unmustification" of your dog was successful!

@trooworld - hugs on your gain.... now you get right back to your healthy habits and put it behind you. Glad you got your day off- sounds nice!

@shaunarlr1983 - sounds like being on the road is fun for both food and fun places to work out. You are being very intentional in working your plan- you impress me!

@Katmary71 - you keep resting up until that dang flare goes away.

Here are my fall challenge goals: (I always have to think about these things so long and now 1/4 of the challenge time is over with!) I'm going to run my challenge through Thanksgiving because I want to be in a good place when the holiday season begins.

1. work my food plan- especially! Follow the food plan even when no one is looking. And don't let "weekend eating" stretch into multiple days.
    2. Work my exercise plan- especially! Get moving in the morning so I have time to get my plan completed.

I'm going to make myself a pretty chart and keep track of my progress.

Happy Saturday!

Lisa

This discussion has been closed.