Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @shaunarlr83 Great loss, congrats! Thanks, me too! Wow, you really never know where you will end up, do you? That's kind of neat and adventurous.

@DrewsAnna I'm glad you had fun at the cookout. I love naps lol.

@happysquidmuffin Great job with your goals! And what great NSVs!

@laurelfit57 Well, my SIL got the quiche from a wonderful bakery and we made the salad so we didn't really go to a restaurant so I didn't have the challenge of being in a restaurant atmosphere. BUT...I still usually overeat at these things so yay me! I'm glad you had some fun girl time. Keeping your hands busy is a great strategy! Awwwwww, Vannie! So cute and helpful! :D

@Katmary71 It was nice. Ooh you'll have to tell me how you liked it! Great job with your goals! Have a wonderful day!

@Tamevv Great job! I hope you are having fun.

Hi all. I had such a busy day yesterday but I met my goals. I have this big project due on Friday but...I was planning on taking Friday off. So, I'm trying like heck to get the project finished on Thursday so I can still take the day off. If I don't, I'll be working at least part of the day. :(

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ✔
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ✔

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Ever saved a post and didn't post it? Smh
    Ian made a mess of my families rental houses in Cherry Grove, SC. I'll post some pics below. We live in Central NC so it wasn't bad. We lost power for about 24 hours. He did some yard work for us lol.

Im only up to 239 so I'll take it. It's been a rough week 😬

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    PW 9/26/2022: 219.5

Check in weight (10/3/2022): 220.0
    Check in weight (10/10/2022):
    Check in weight (10/17/2022):
    Check in weight (10/24/2022):

Good morning everyone!

My name is Leona, I am 49 years old, I live in Albuquerque NM.
    I just had my left knee replaced in June and looking forward to the right one soon, hopefully the next few months.

I am so excited about the cooler weather! Walking has been challenging, but I really want to get outside now.

Good luck to all on your journey this month :)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey Y'all! Yesterday was a super lazy day. Sat around most of the day. It felt good though.

@laurelfit57 I'm currently making a blanket for my Mom. I had quit working on it for awhile but I've recently got my "crojo" back. Lol, I need to keep my hands busy at night so, I don't binge on everything in the kitchen. I like the colors you have there and your furbaby.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Lol... just a random picture to see if I can do it.

qmy6ug8864pa.jpg
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 139
    CW: 138.5

Steps:
    9/27: 17,363
    9/28: 19,961
    9/29: 14,259
    9/30: 10,007
    10/01: 16,136
    10/02: 10,987
    10/03: 5,311

My October goals:
    1. 11K steps/day avg ✔️
    2. No after-dinner sugar binges! ✔️
    3. Don't let myself get thangry*! ✔️
    *Thirsty-angry aka dehydrated
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    @laurelfit57 Vannie is so adorable! Jasper and Asher say hi my friend! Black and white will go with almost everything, have fun! Haha Vannie's lookin at you like woman entertain me, don't you see me staring you down with nothing to do? What is this madness?

@Tamevv Tuesday awesomeness!

@trooworld I hope you get the project done so you have Friday off! Any fun plans that day? I really enjoyed the ending and loved the book, I finished it late last night. I don't want to give anything away in case someone else reads it but the whole story was great.

@bethanie0825 I'm so sorry to hear about your family's homes. Sounds like an awful week, prayers things look up. I have entered a post and not posted it, I noticed now it saves first so if you click when it's saving it won't post (I copy and paste from a document as I used to accidentally delete my posts all the time).

@leonadixon I hope you'll be able to get outside soon! Will you be able to go walking this fall or will it have to wait until you're on the other side of your second knee surgery?

Hi everyone! I did a fast workout (cut everything shorter except for strength training on food bank mornings) then headed down to the food bank farm where I scrubbed dirt off tons of potatoes all morning, my upper back is sore. We broke in a couple new volunteers, needless to say we're all eating sweet potatoes tonight too! I'm still kind of flared up and worn down so not too much excitement, I did get some good garden time in sitting and had a meeting with the charity group tonight for a project we discussed for next year. Tomorrow's the pain clinic then an afternoon appointment, I'll work out before the first and get some work done in the middle, have to type up the minutes too. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 145.9
    CW: 145.8

I'm feeling a better. I spent the day updating my new insurance. I just have one phone call to make tomorrow. The endocrinologist said I have nodules two on each side, but to just get an ultra sound a year from now. They are nothing to worry about.

I saw my Primary Care doctor for referrals. Most are easy but I need to change sleep doctors to one in their network. I will miss my old sleep doctor, he is excellent. She said I might have to get a new sleep study done. There is a long wait to see the sleep doctor. I stopped on the way home and got both a flu and pneumonia shot, I asked for both in the same arm so I would have at least one good arm.

I miss being a healthy person. I used to love to go hiking too, and camping I loved camping. I'm going to try and eat fewer calories this week. My step count only averaged 2650 last week.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    I'm Lisa, live in NE Florida, with my hubs and one grown kid. Other is away at college. Struggled with weigh since college. Have been in this group a long time and love it. This year has been a very stressy one for me. While I'm glad that I have not gained much (up a few pounds from the lowest low, but not over what I weighed in Jan), I need to make a push to get some progress on the books this year.

Been doing better with bat patrol, but having some trouble sleeping and that is when they really get out. Will be working on that one. Will be posting challenge goals soon, this is just a quick pop in.

@bethanie0825 - sorry Ian messed with you. Glad it wasn't worse.

@laurelfit57 - Vannie is so dang cute!
  • trooworld
    @bethanie0825 Sorry about your rough week and the rental house. I hope insurance takes care of the damage. I missed you pictures?

@leonadixon I am also excited for the cooler weather to come (it hasn't quite made it here in Southern California). Enjoy the walking!

@DrewsAnna Lazy days are the best! :D I like that graphic.

@happysquidmuffin Congrats on the loss and good job with your goals!

@laurelfit57 LOL Vannie! Thank you, It's going to be close! Oh no about your hip. :( I'm glad physio was able to help. Vannie looks like she wants something lol. I love her, she's so cute!

@Katmary71 Thank you! It is looking more and more like I'll have to work at least part of the day but I'm putting up a good fight lol. Fun plans that day? No, just enjoying the day. We got a new entertainment center and if my husband can take some time off that day, we will put that together. I may also make some no-knead olive bread. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book! I loved it. If you haven't read one of his other books, "The House in the Cerulean Sea", it very much has the same writing style/vibes and I think you would like it if you liked this one. Scrubbing dirt off potatoes sounds tiring! Have a great day.

@FushiaKat I'm glad you are feeling better.

@Cornanda Nice to "see" you! Graphic: so true!

Hi all. It is looking close to whether or not I'll be able to take Friday off. I am putting up a good fight though. I did well on my challenge goals yesterday. I ate pretty well.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    My October goals:
    1. 11K steps/day avg ✔️
    2. No after-dinner sugar binges! ❌
    3. Don't let myself get thangry*! ❌
    *Thirsty-angry aka dehydrated

Yesterday wasn’t great calorie wise, but I didn’t really go much over maintenance. Felt really nasty after eating almost a whole Hershey’s Cookies & Cream bar. I just can’t eat that much sugar any more which is both a good and bad thing. Weight still steady. Went on a short walk this morning, but still did it so that’s good. Tonight is movie night with sausage biscuits & gravy. Yum! 😋
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    @ DrewsAnna and @laurelfit57 I’m another crochet-er 😊. Have so many projects unfinished over the years but I do enjoy it. I make a lot of dolls and Amigurumi but my current project is a step blanket. It’s on hold for now, but am hoping to get back to it after this trip.

Am excited to report that I successfully had a little “jog” yesterday 😁. Found the trail for my walk but wanted to work a bit harder so figured I’d just do a minute here and there, but I felt so good, I did 5mins, then 10 mins then 15mins - so all up I actually jogged for half an hour!! (Plus walking to and from and in between). I was so surprised and motivated to continue. Unfortunately it is raining today so unlikely I’ll get out, but am thinking I might do a you tube aerobics or yoga. Ate really well during the day because we were out for dinner and I let myself get talked into pizza instead of salad, but it was delicious and I didn’t go silly so am still calling yesterday a win. I tracked as best I could and drank a fair bit of water but didn’t log it specifically - will try to remember to do that today. I’m not sleeping well here and starting to feel tired so hoping that does not cause issues in the coming days.

@trooworld Hoping that project is coming along smoothly for you and not causing too much stress.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Katmary71 - yea I do, right now it’s set to burn 600 active calories and I hit that with ease most days. It keeps trying to get me to set it higher so in November I probably will. I will need the extra challenge by then I’m sure!

@laurelfit57 - how precious and she looks so soft to pet! I bet that scarf turns out great too! I hope you’re all rested by now and back at it!

@Tamevv - Hi Tam! I’m glad you had a great day! Great job jogging!!! I want to lose a bit more weight before I try again, when I tried at my heaviest my knee started popping terribly, I’m hoping it’s just the additional weight, I will be sad if I can’t ever jog again.

@trooworld - no I don’t! Headed to your state next!!! Great job hitting those goals, I hope you get done early and get that day off!!

@bethanie0825 - that’s definitely no fun. 🥴

@leonadixon - my moms last day of physical therapy for her 2nd knee replacement was today, she said she still uses a walker but she can walk without it she just likes the added support! I’m hoping she works towards leaving it behind if she’s capable. Hope they get yours done soon so you can get back outside too!

@happysquidmuffin - Wooohooo for the loss!!! Great job and sounds like we had the same sort of yesterday 😣

Yesterday although I slept great, I woke up earlier than I would have liked. Hubby was stressing over an issue with the truck so after a few hours on the phone and a trip to the nearest parts store he set out to fixing it. I treated myself to some yummy BBQ and had to fulfill that potato salad craving I’ve had for a few days now. Service was fine in the morning but as more trucks pulled in and parked it went to crap. I fought through logging a few things and gave up. I was sooooooo sleepy, I decided to declare it a full rest day. No logging, no workout, take a nap and relax for a change. Well I ended up helping him work on the truck and made all the trips inside to get him whatever he needed so I hit my step goal and drank all my fluids and decided since I was that close I would just do an ab workout before bed to close out all of my rings. All of our Daily Challenge moves this month are based around holding or using a pumpkin, I don’t have a pumpkin with me, so I’ve been having fun finding random different things each day, yesterday I did my shoulder presses with two gallon jugs full of antifreeze! Todays will be front loaded squats and I’ll probably just use my heaviest dumbbell, I’m waiting for the sun to set and I’ll do my next LIIFT 4 workout! Today will be legs and that will complete week 1! We can’t load until after 9 tonight and then hubby will probably drive for awhile before bed. We are headed north of Sacramento to unload and I’m excited!!! I haven’t been to California since July!!! We usually go about every trip or every other trip so being I’ve only been there twice this year is very out of the norm. We have 5 days to get there which is much more than needed, so I’m hoping for some down time in a great hiking places.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    I’m Gabi from Northern Virginia, 50 3/4 yo, desk job, kids, husband and Netflix 😂.
    It just dawned to me that before my second child I used to lose weight or maintain when stressed, and after that pregnancy I gain instead. Hormonal maybe, although it was nothing then compared to the storm I’m in now .
    So I’m managing stress mainly by walking the dog, reading and Netflix of course.

I like the idea of October challenge and mine would be in 5 day chunks:
    - walk minimum 10k/day ✅✅✅✅✅
    - stay in calories plus maximum 3/4 of the exercise ✅✅✅✅❌
    - stop eating at 8pm ✅✅✅✅✅
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @katmary71 Vannie says hi right back at Jasper and Asher. Vannie was so unimpressed with me last night🤣. Good for you to make sure that you fit in a workout before you head to the food bank farm, any kind of movement is a win! Yikes! You have such a busy schedule! The charities there are so lucky to have you❤️

@Fushiakat i’m glad the endocrinologist said that the nodules are nothing to worry about. There is a shortage of sleep doctors here, I am on a waitlist for over a year and a half. I am so sorry that you can’t do many of the things that you used to love❤️

@Cornanda sleep issues bring my bats out in full force! So sorry you’re struggling💜. I think Vannie thinks she is cute as well, one thing is for sure she is super sassy!

@trooworld my fingers are crossed for you for the day off on Friday that’s for sure!

@Tamevv I don’t really think I can qualify myself as a crocheter, I do the most simplest of stitch and work it back-and-forth back-and-forth, just to keep my hands busy. I have tried to do more complicated work, but it never works out well lol. Good for you with your running!

@shaunarir83 You are very inventive with your workouts LOL, I would love to see that work out with antifreeze🤣. Seriously good for you!

It was a much better day today, I think Vannie has forgiven me LOL. If you can imagine this, when I am sitting on a chair Vannie will sit on my lap with her back to me, she then tips herself over backwards so she ends up laying like a baby in my arms. Today I laid down on the couch and I guess Vannie was not ready to take it easy. She sat on my chest, tipped herself backwards laying right on my face, she was quite annoyed that it wasn’t very comfortable🤣🤣🤣
    Anyway, we were able to get out for a couple of good walks today so that was super helpful with her mood. I stayed on point as far as food went, my hip isn’t back to normal, but definitely an improvement over yesterday. Hope everybody has a great day!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    @FushiaKat I'm sorry you'll need to change your sleep doctor, it's hard when you finally find a great doctor to have to leave them. Glad the nodules are nothing to worry about. I definitely relate to missing being a healthy person, seems like you get a doctor for every organ and system and you're managing appointments for them all constantly, it's frustrating.

@Cornanda Lack of sleep makes everything else so difficult, it's a lot harder for me with sleep issues now as well. Can't wait to see your challenge goals!

@trooworld I put your book recommendation on my “books to look up” list with your name by it since I like the books you recommmend! Have you been making bread for awhile? I'd love to learn but I think I'd have trouble moderating it, I made a few types a couple months ago and my control wasn't too great.

@happysquidmuffin I know what you mean with not being able to eat much sugar anymore, I used to eat it all the time but now that I rarely eat it, it stands out how it affects me. Movie and sausage biscuits and gravy sounds like fun, wow!

@Tamevv Congratulations on the jog, 30 minutes is awesome! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

@shaunarlr83 You impress the heck out of me how you get your exercise in! Where are you going by Sacramento? I'm west of it about 15 miles, wave when you drive by! If you're here over the weekend and you're bored while here there's a 4 day music festival starting tomorrow in Sacramento if you're into hard rock and metal. If it was just nights I'd have gone but I can't do this all day stuff. If you want me to help you figure out hiking places send me a private message, if I don't know of one I can ask my brother.

@GabiV125 Walking the dog, reading, and Netflix are good ways to manage stress. Glad you're in for the October challenge!

@laurelfit57 Haha, Vannie's laying on you is funny, what would we do without these goofballs making us smile? Jasper's the goofiest out of my two, this morning he was sitting on the back of my chair while I was doing chair cardio with his back to the back of my head and he kept whacking me in the head with his tail, do we really have to do EVERYTHING together? He likes working out too, when I do pigeon pose he runs from hand to hand and stands under to be pet like having my hand on his back is working my core. Glad your hip is doing better and you and Vannie got a walk in.

Hi team, worked out and went to the pain clinic. I'm so frustrated with not sleeping and my pain being worse from no rest I was almost in tears. I'm trying a stronger muscle relaxer and need to make a couple more appointments. It's annoying then I think of poor Joe and all the appointments he has going right now and I have nothing to complain about. Had a tough day but after tomorrow I can rest a bit. Have an issue with the kitties, I took Asher to the rescue group to get his nails trimmed and now Jasper's acting dominating with him which he's never done before. Poor Asher was so traumatized from his adventure then he comes home and Jasper's being a bully chomping down on his neck when he's asleep not challenging anyone. I'm guessing it's because he smells strange but if it keeps up I'll take Jasper in to make sure nothing's wrong with him. Tomorrow's work, hair appointment, then a charity meeting at a pizza parlor I may skip if I'm not up for it as I'm pretty flared up. Have a great Thursday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Quick pop in

@Tamevv - Ha- I crochet too. What is a step blanket? Do you need one for your aerobic step? I recently finished an afghan that I started in 2009. I have another one sitting out that I recall working on 25 years ago. Perhaps I should work on it this weekend. I'm always fine once I start- not sure why it's so hard to start.

@Katmary71 - Hope that you sleep well tonight and that your flare settles down. You always impress me with your attitude about your medical issues and you take such good care of yourself.

@laurelfit57 - oh my- Vannie is a mega dose of cuteness!

Had a work celebration dinner last night. Was fun to get to see people in person since we all work remotely. We were joking that we know each other better by voices than faces as we don't use cameras for our meetings too often. I didn't eat anything bad but there's salt and my weight is up today. And tomorrow is weigh in. Overall, it's been a good week. NSV- threw away some food that was tempting me yesterday.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    @happysquidmuffin Sorry about the thangry/sugar stuff. Sausage biscuits & gravy is one of my favorite dishes, my husband makes a fabulous SB&G! Enjoy!

@Tamevv That's awesome! I would definitely call that day a win. Thank you!

@shaunarlr83 Wow, what part of CA are you coming to? Have you ever been here before? Thank you! That's great you slept great. Do you sleep in the truck? You are awesome, look at you making it work! :D Oh, I just saw you are heading toward Sacramento. That's @Katmary71's neck of the woods. I've never been up there, I hope your trip goes smoothly!

@GabiV125 Hormones will do wacky things to weight loss journeys. Way to make the challenge work for you!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! I'm glad Miss Vannie has forgiven you. You don't want her mad at you lol. Aww, she is so cute! I can totally picture that. I'm glad your hip is improving.

@Katmary71 I'm glad you like the books I recommend! That's quite a compliment to a librarian! I have not been making bread for a while, I have only made a couple of loaves with yeast in them, I usually make quick breads like coffeecakes and beer bread (side note: this beer bread is legit the best beer bread I've ever had: https://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/2012/2/2/beer-bread.html ). I am trying an easy no-knead olive bread: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/easy-olive-bread/ Yeah fresh bread is hard to resist. You could always cut a slice for yourself and give the rest to your neighbor? Aww, Kat, I'm so sorry about your pain. I would be frustrated, too. Oh gosh, Jasper! You bad kitty. I hope he stops that soon, that's the last thing you need right now.

@Cornanda I'm glad you've had a good week. Yay for your NSV!

Hi all. I put in a good effort on my project yesterday but my coworkers kept interrupting me for stuff, I was more productive on Tuesday. I did the math and it looks like, unless there is a miracle, I will be working half-day tomorrow. It's not ideal, not what I wanted, but at least I will be working from home. I did so-so yesterday, I got a breakfast burrito from the cafe. :( Stress.

This discussion has been closed.