Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 232
    CW: 228.2

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ✔
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ✔

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna I'm sorry about your gain. As you said, you have a lot going on. Please give yourself some grace. Do the best you can with the next bite. It sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up, I hope you can enjoy it. Hugs.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you so much! It's painful and a pain lol. I hope you have fun on your anniversary trip and please share some photos!!!

@Katmary71 I hope you can enjoy the weekend with Bill. Hugs.

@Tamevv Congrats on the loss, well done while on vacation!

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I'm happy with my 3.8 lb loss this week. Although it is bittersweet: my husband had a serious talk/lecture with me last night about my health and although I know it came from a good place, I felt like he didn't acknowledge my small changes. He wants it all to change now. I know he's afraid of losing me, but still, it hurt.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 142.8
    CW: 145
    Goal Wieght 135-140

This was from last Sunday, I’m not sure if I am too late with this
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna – Happy Birthday!
    @TeresaW1020 – Enjoy your vacation and share some photos. I love the mountains but rarely get to see them!
    @Katmary71 – Yes, this will be the true test. Hope he’s a keeper!
    @Trooworld – I’m sorry about the way your husband spoke to you. Very disheartening and I know I would be embarrassed as well. Hugs.
    Hey, peeps. Sorry I’ve been so quiet lately. I was ready to quit as some of you know. Life is hard. And it’s tough being happy for my son and his wife giving me my first grandbaby (due April 20) when Hunter (my 22 year old Bipolar daughter for those of you that don’t know) just told me SHE is pregnant, too (due June 6). How can I be happy for one child but not the other? Please don’t think less of me. I’m just so concerned because Hunter can turn into a rampaging toddler herself. She told her siblings and my son called me to tell me he is concerned that I will be the one to end up caring for Hunter’s baby full time. Please pray for Hunter to have a smooth pregnancy (her psychiatrist said she can continue with one of her meds, but not the other after the 2nd trimester) and that she and her fiancé are able to handle this new path. She is very impulsive. They had a wedding planned for May next year, but last night she filled out the marriage license application and said they are going to get married on the 28th. As in 2 weeks from now. Please, Lord, let this be a step towards maturing!
    Let’s end on a funny note. My mother wanted me to take her on a foliage drive, so I took Monday afternoon off work and we headed up the coast of Lake Michigan, from St. Joseph to Saugatuck. I had asked some vegan friends for recommendations of where to have dinner in Saugatuck and decided on a brewery. Now, mind you, I haven’t had a drink in 17 years (I quit drinking because I was going to quit smoking…which I did) but my mom said she wanted a hard cider. So get this…they wouldn’t serve my 79 year old mother because she didn’t have ID with her! Can you believe it?!? So, of course, I didn’t get any alcohol, either. Guess that was God reiterating to me not to drink! Side note, I did talk to one of the owners and she explained their new liquor license required it and there’s a County Commissioner that has a bee in his bonnet and will do everything to get them shut down. She felt so bad. The other co-owner contacted me later and insisted on sending me a gift card to come back because all the employees told her how kind we were about the entire situation and that we just kept chuckling about it. Well, I chuckled. My mom pouted.
    And on that note, my friends, if you’ve made it this far into my ramblings, I thank you deeply for listening to me. I appreciate each and every one of you.
    50x50 & NO ZERO DAYS!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.8
    CW: 138.5
    Ate too much and slept way too little this week and scale change makes no sense, again 😁.

In my family as soon as someone sits in the car, they start talking, about everything under the sun, sometimes even over each other.
    So every time I read your road stories Shauna, I’m thinking “after the first week I’d know his every minute backwards to kindergarten “- you have my total admiration.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day

Name - bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 242
    CW - 240.6

Steps
    10/10 - 10774 - this day is a correction, apparently I walked more lol
    10/11 - 9436
    10/12 - 15032
    10/13 - 22538
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Friday check in.
    PW: 165.4
    CW: 165.2
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs to @DrewsAnna @trooworld @Katmary71 and @vegan4lyfe2012

If I had time to write out a novel explaining in detail how I can 100% relate to what each of you are going through, I would. My newest personal growth step is however, trying my best NOT to play the victim and I would most definitely go TOO into details so yes….hugs hugs and more hugs!

We got home tonight! From the time we pulled into the nearest big town to our house, things started to get off kilter, by the time we turned into our drive, things were pretty bad and got worse. The only reason anything is calm right now is bc I’m the only one awake. Sending lots of prayers up that tomorrow will be better. I had big plans once I got home but we are scheduled to leave again Monday morning if not Sunday night and once again, I just don’t want to leave. I doubt I get to do anything on my to do list, especially if the next two days are anything like tonight. Here’s my check in and I wanted to say, hang in there to those who had a gain this week and Congrats to those with awesome losses!!!

Count Down to Halloween
    Commitment...

1). 10,000 steps every single day ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I’m actually doing the dang thang!!! 🤗

2). Hike at least 5 times this month
    💔 Still no hiking! 😫😫😫

3). Stay consistent with the 4 BB workouts each week
    🌗 I only got 2 in of my LIIFT 4 program, had every intention of doing one as soon as I got home tonight but that didn’t happen. I did do a cardio workout one day so I technically got 3 in. Not the worst week exercise wise but it was definitely a struggle!

Hopefully I can check back in tomorrow with a better outlook! Happy Weekend Everyone!!!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    October Week three
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    P. W. 257.5
    C. W. 258
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 @GabiV125 @leti126 The scale is headed in the right direction! Woo hoo!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks! I know he meant it from a good place but yeah. I can understand why you are concerned about Hunter, I have people very close to me that are bipolar and I certainly don't think less of you. Congrats on that baby coming, too! I'm glad she can continue on at least one of her meds. I hope things go smoothly. That's both hilarious and ridiculous that they wouldn't serve your mother her hard cider! Hugs to you, Jennifer.

@bethanie0825 Congrats on the loss!

@shaunarlr83 Thank you for the hugs! I'm glad you made it home okay. I don't know what happened, was it with the truck? Or something else? I hope tomorrow is better for you. Yay for your step counts!!!

Hi all. Doing better today but have to run and get groceries soon. I have a busy day ahead of me, I'm meeting a friend for lunch, my DH and I are doing meal prep, and then we are going to see a colleague in an opera tonight. Busy day. Hugs to all of you.

• Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 170.8
    CW: 169.5

Lost 1.3lbs and getting back on track.i got sick and visited doctor .she conducted several tests .By god's grace everything is normal but i have to take medicines for a month.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @trooworld - My husband has had those conversations with me. And they don't feel good. Even though they come from a good place. As time has passed, we've found a middle ground with this. He understands that the struggle is real. I understand better that caring is the motivation for the comments. I hope you will find that peace too. I'm glad he's helping you meal prep today!

@TeresaW1020 - Happy Anniversary trip! Last year I was on one too. Google pix keeps reminding me. No vacation time this year with the new job, but I think we decided today that from now on we are going on a yearly trip to celebrate. Today we decided we may do a day trip next Sat.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - it seems Hunter is less ready for parenthood than your son and his wife are. There's a good reason for your concern. No need to beat yourself up over that. I will pray for her and for you. That is too funny about your trip with your Mom.

@bethanie0825 - Nice loss!

@shaunarlr1983 - Reading between the lines and I'm not sure if you mean off kilter with the truck or off kilter with your hubs or your fam, so hugs coming your way. I hope things were better today.

@Katmary71 - Hope you are feeling better and I know you had a good weekend with Bill.

@Ftofit - hope the meds help and you feel like yourself again.

Well, it's funny how keeping track of what you are doing can raise awareness. I felt I had a good week and I did, but so far I am 3 out of 5 days on hitting my challenge goals. If I had done a self estimate with no paper chart, I would have reported better results. See how we fool ourselves?! Anyway, I got this.

Went to Home Depot last night. Hubby wants to fix our fence gate that is sagging a bit. Their website said they had 10,000 fence pickets in stock. We got there and there were 2 out. :) We placed an on line order and he is back picking them up now.

Those of you who have been on all year know that my Mom has dementia and is getting worse. I worked my butt off trying to get my Dad to make plans for the future with him as the caregiver. My sister has also done plenty. They are moving on Monday. Dad hired everything out and didn't want us to have to help with the actual move. They live in WI, so I'm trying my best to support from afar. Please pray for them or send good thoughts or whatever you can. They will be fine as they are moving to a very nice place with help for Mom close by. But it is a big change for them and it means admitting they are getting older and the future is not pretty. I'm afraid Mom will be thrown off with all of her belongings rearranged in a new place. But she will also have access to social activities and more people and exercise. Thanks for any thoughts you can send their way.

Those of you have been on all year also know that my sweet doggie passed away early this year. The jury was out on whether we would get another dog or not. Hubs and I thought we might like to travel and maybe we could live vicariously through our children's pets? However, apparently Facebook has decided I need another dog. My page is plastered every day with dog ads. I'm really not sure what I did. Time will tell.

Lisa

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @trooworld and @Cornanda It’s both. Another thing I have committed to doing is NOT speaking negatively about my husband so let’s just say…. He’s working his butt off today to get the truck 100% ready for our next trip. Thank God his boss came to help so I can focus on other things that need to be taken care of!!
    I hate when you head to the store and can’t leave with what you want, glad it was ready to go today! I have said for years when our dogs leave this world I never want another one. I’ll probably change my mind but they can be just like having kids and I have always been the only one to take care of our animals. So I feel I would enjoy a break. I 100% know what you mean by how we can trick ourselves!!! When guesstimating calories I always guess much much too low and allow myself to eat more, when I don’t log I hinder my progress so much!

So far today has been better. Lots of hustle and bustle and I’m about to slow it down a bit and do leg day 😉
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,110 Member
    Options
    The October Week 3's Group Challenge is active and ready to begin on Sunday, Oct 16th. Please join us for 7 Mini-Challenges this week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10875948/october-week-3-group-challenge-7-days-of-mini-challenges#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    PW: 206
    CW: 206
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I'm sorry your husband's talk with you was uncomfortable, even if it comes from the right place it can still be upsetting. I can see being fine with a talk but a lecture would be rough. You ARE doing awesome, you've come out of this depressive episode fairly fast and have really been on the ball lately, keep up the great work.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad Hunter will be able to stay on one of her meds, congratulations on the second grandchild. I hope things go well and her fiance is on track with her treatment team in supporting her. Too funny about your Mom not getting to drink, that would be a little irritating but funny too.

@shaunarlr83 Hugs my friend, you didn't say where things went worse, I hope they're better when you read this. I kind of get the gist, hope things improve in this area.

@Cornanda Prayers for your parent's safe move, I hope this doesn't cause any issues with your Mom and their new community is great support for them. I had to laugh at the dogs on Facebook, weird how that happens! Of course I think any dog who gets you as a mom is incredibly lucky.

Hi team! Bill's still here but wanted to drop in and say hi. My battery in my car was on the fritz, great to get in my car to go to the ER and have the car not start last week! I got a new one and Bill put it in today. I haven't been working out at all or been able to do much, I literally could barely walk as my toes wouldn't move but today I finally started to feel a little better, I was getting pretty scared when I finished the steroid pack and wasn't better even a tiny bit. Anyhow hoping I'll wake up even better tomorrow, it's been a rough month or so. Bill's taking good care of me, we watched all of Midnight Club and 2 seasons of Cobra Kai so far. Keep up the great work gang, have a wonderful Sunday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr1983 - Hope things are better today and I also hope that you don't have to get back on the road right away today. You've made a lot of resolutions this year- about your health and avoiding negative speak. What a great job you are doing sticking to them. How was the leg workout?

@Katmary71 - I don't think I've seen you down this long- EVER. Hope you woke up feeling good today and prayers and hugs are on their way to you.

Lisa
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Short weeks on holidays throw me off!
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 227.2
    Current Weight: 225.8
This discussion has been closed.