Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,663 Member
    Options
    Good morning, snowy start to the day, as the picture shows !
    n4ffk34elril.png
    It should change to rain soon, in which case either way I be going out in it and the red jacket will do. At least it is water proof! Had breakfast and now ready to get the day underway and along.
    @Tabatha_Cain I hope your boss does not give you a hard time, and listens to what you have to suggest. Once in a meeting where I worked, the over all boss had a meeting with all of us on the front end and stated that when there is a meeting like this he expects us to not only bring our greivences but to also bring a solution that might work and be accepted. I thought that was a good idea to be part of the solution and not just the problem. I hope all goes well for you getting extra hours too.
    @Catwmncat as always your food inspires and encourages - tonight I am trying my hand at beef and broccoli course I need to go get some of the ingredience, ONCE I find a recipe I want to do. I like easy no fuss no muss no wine recipes lol I am blond after all so it HAS to be easy !!
    @everyone do have a wonderful day no matter what it is doing out side !!
    qlqad67qo99w.gif
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -sorry about low potassium levels. How did they know that when you walked in? I hope you are 100 percent soon!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,610 Member
    Options
    Tabatha_Cain,,, Hope today was simply amazing for you!! Did you talk to your boss? How did it go if you did? I never minded an associate talking to me, actually I preferred it. Sometimes we tend to not pay the attention to those we rely on a lot, because we KNOW they'll be there and do their best. It's usually a WIN/WIN for us both. As for the 2nd job if you do call in saying "Do you need help tonight?" OH BELIVE ME that ALWAYS IMPRESSED me so much!! INDEED they'd be fresh on my mind compared to someone who didn't want to come in. Happy works=happy customers= HAPPY Managers!! Better for the line that counts, income for the store! Tabatha, where are you that the high was 5? Brrrr it'll be here on Fri and Sat, but we know I AM GOING TO LOVE THAT!! UNLESS and it happens next door (next building over)a pipe or 2 will burst, it has happened here also, when you live right along the water in a building that's over 40 years old, there's bound to be some slight shifting and that all it takes! OR someone (This is usually it) Is hot when they open their window and FORGET to close it leaving their place and OHHHH SHOOT!!!
    @Patti241,,, AWESOME!! Then you can see what you may not notice. A total WIN/WIN!!
    @Cerisuly1 ,, WAVING HI CERI!!! Hope your day is ALSO AWESOME!!!
    @Macrat23,, HI Sarah how cold are you all getting?
    @BrigglesGiggles ,,, WELCOME to the 5% Challenge!!! The picture is neat, the ocean is a place to connect with so much.
    @Lindiemaep ,, I love that!! Not bring only your complaints but a solution/or suggestion. I was doing that here with the council. People LOVED to complain, but LOL When I asked them if they were going to and please bring a workable solution that THEY WERE willing to follow through on, hehehehe complaints went WAY WAY DOWN!!! Giggle, Giggle. The new Council isn't up yet. We got a little bit of snow today, I'm guessing 1 1/2'-2"s. I just used my arm with a really nice mitten on to wipe the car off. It was faster. LOL@
    @Bookienj ,,, Oh I've been in and out of the ER in the past few months for low potassium so much that when I come in it's right there for them, plus I had called my Dr's office who did talk to the ER Dr. and really filled him in (they always say they will call,,,, most offices, but rarely does it reach the desk where you walk in, but he did reach the Dr they were waiting for me) it affects my heart and they were worried. YEAH my levels are better and now I am on increased dose. WOOHOO Let's FINALLY feel better!!

Don't forget today,, Jan 31, 2023 is the ONLY TIME you'll ever have this day, this moment. If it went blahhh earlier on can we bring our day UP by stating 3 things that went well? Even if it's a little bit, the sun shined (or if you like rain, snow it did that) a smile from someone you saw, a pet that came up to you and was just to cute, anything at all to anything else you enjoyed.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank you so much for all the congrats and tips! It means so much to me.

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Gained half a pound. Not good but not bad either. With how everything went this week not to bad. It shows me that I just need to be more consistent with food and exercise. Ran some errands with Hubby today, then did some dishes and decluttering. Back on track tomorrow.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello!

For whatever the reason, my eyes want to close and it's only 7:57 p.m. Maybe I'll get myself into bed at a decent time. I did do about 3 1/2 hours of winter cleaning. But I took my time and also took breaks.

As I try to type, Cattawissa keeps parading in front of me and I can't see the screen. Looks like he is in need of attention. Will close for the night and wish everyone a good sleep and a great day tomorrow.

A photo from the past -- Cooper's hawk

rzv8a5ju96bu.jpg

I appreciated reading all the posts! Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2,,, You have such a beautiful heart!! And skills with the certificate, oh there's NO doubt you'll get a job. In todays market if you live in a big enough area, you may even have choices!! I did use an online job site and if I were to now I'd easily look at indeed.com, monsterjob does well too, but the BEST Place to look? Tap into your local unemployment office jobs site. I found the City of Portland that way eons ago, and it worked out so well.
    @Novembergail ,,, OH WOW! YOU WORKED SO HARD!!! Hehehehe Cattawissa is wanting you to lay down and rest those weary eyes!! PLUS of course make a HUGE DEAL out of him. LOL Izzy now LOVES her nighttime routine so MUCH she tries from 7 PM on to get me to bed,, I usually go around 12 or 1 or later though by 2 and lights OFF at 2:30! SLEEP WELL!! WOW that Cooper Hawk is amazing!!
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,122 Member
    Options
    8glk47dzmpdm.jpg

HAPPY FEBRUARY <3
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,461 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are having a good morning. Today is going to be an interesting day. My son has a dentist appointment he wants me to go with him to. He is really nervous about his teeth. He knows that is something he needs to work on, but struggles with.

@LindieMaeP - Hope that is all the snow you get. I think that is a good idea for me to come up with a solution. I just have to come up with one and then present it to him. Then I can bring him the issue.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I did not talk to my boss. I ended up going home early due to a migraine. So no talk. I hate starting my period. Between the migraines and the cramps I am a mess the first couple of days.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sometimes being more consistent helps. I hope it works for you.
    @NovemberGail - I was extremely tired yesterday also.

Well it is time to get ready to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day

Tabatha
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,190 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain I hope all went well when you talked to your boss and he realized what a gem he had in you. Absolutely call and let your manager know that you are ready, willing and able to work more, and remind them frequently without being too pushy.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 watching the end of the game with you was FUN!!! I've been getting into bed early or
    on time, not necessarily going right to sleep, but my goal is bedtime not sleep time.
    @Ceriusly1 Hot Honey is honey infused with chili peppers. Sweet and Spicy.
    @LindieMaeP Your pictures are beautiful. You are a much better cook than you give yourself credit for.
    @NovemberGail You should sleep well this evening. Those kitties sure do know how to let us know they want our undivided attention. My Pea (Sweet Pea) will pull my hand away from the phone even when I'm petting her with the other one. When she wants my full attention she does the cutest things.
    tybu0h0lg538.jpg
    Fast Breaker was Yogurt/Cottage Cheese with Blueberries and Praline Pecans and Dinner was Deli Buffalo Chicken Breast w/ Blueberries Cheese on Dave's Killer Bread and Cranberry Apple Ginger Chutney... skipped Coffee and Dessert.
    Had to do a factory reset on my phone and have not recovered most of my stuff, yet. It's a bit harder to get on here right now, but when there's a will, there's a way. Have a Grrreat Day!
    bnz6kdsco435.jpeg
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It’s 15 feels like 15 with a high of 36 today. Insight Timer Quote: We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.—Martin Luther King Jr. I AM: Learning and growing aren’t easy, but it is worth it. Axe Sharpening: Be thankful that you have the opportunity to get better every single day.—Jicky Li 1st Phorm Advisor. Action for Happiness: Send a message to let someone know you’re thinking of them. Fitness Quote: I may not be the best, but I always push my limits.—gymaholic Motivational Quote: Visualize your day while you’re getting ready in the morning. Imagine all the positive scenarios that could occur, then go out there and make them happen.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,180 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full-Body “GBC” Week 5, Day 3 modified for at home after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Diane: Yes it is a win/win.

Just got back from my work out. I think I will go in the afternoons from now on.
  • NovemberGail
    Options
    Today's word is obedience. As I posted on my team, it is not one of my favorite words and usually prefer accountability.

Last night after I tucked in my critters, I put my head on my pillow to find Billie staring into my eyes. Then I fell fast asleep.

I pulled out an old photo from 2011. It was a coyote hunting in a nearby pasture for field mice. What a beautiful animal.

99a5hunruwoa.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone, well it's hump day, half way to the weekend, are you planing anything special? I am going to be hunting down a new wooden toilet seat as the one i did buy had plastic on the underseat and that smashed to smithereens - a hint I am too heavy???? Anyway I will look for another one with the wooden support underneith! Might take a bit to find but I will find for now I put on the old sandwich thin seat my son bought - that's fine for his skinny butt not mine LOL
    @Catwmncat I have come a long way from the BURN QUEEN I used to be, now I only burn occassionally - food that is, the beef and brocoli turned out great, I found a ready to use mix and picked up some seasame seed oil which helps make it great and I have 3 more servings for the week. Love it when a meal stretches that far! OH OH your kittiecats are too funny - I do miss mine but I am trying to focus on other things and trying not to miss him too much, no we are not getting another one - Gene was devestaded over Amigo's passing so he is not ready by a long shot and to be honest, neither am I - I'll just see pics on line and that will have to do. How's your morning shaping up ?
    @Tabatha_Cain glad you decided not to talk to your boss especially since TOM appeared and could affect your interactions with any decision making process. Yes please do present your proposal and let the boss make the decision. Then you can go from there. How are you feeling, any better? I do NOT miss those days at ALL !!! I feel for ya !!
    @NovemberGail oh those coyotes such beautiful animals but dangerous too, we have some in Stanley Park and they had to shut down parts of the seawall where runners and joggers were being attacked by the coyotes - seems some folks were stupid enough to feed them people food, now they want PEOPLE !! for food ... I wish people had a better understanding of wild life and respected their habitats and living styles - they are not human... anyway beautiful picture - glad you got a good nights sleep as well.
    Well the walk to Safeway in the new boots and back was not so bad, but I did have issues with my leg and I am going to start doing exercises for the leg every day now instead of every other. I need this GONE so I can go to the convention in end of June beginning of JULY...
    @Dianedoessmiles1 wasn't last night's meeting great ?? We reviewed the recent update #1 and lots was learnt from it. Are you feeling bette now and are you getting enough of the potassium? I hope they can regulate this for you- you wanna come clean the snow here with your glove ??? lol No need Gene parks in a parkade area so no snow on his car ... course today is RAIN!! still cold though...
    @everyone have a wonderful hump day and know the weekend is just about here !!
    1nkmvymsfmvl.gif

• LindieMaeP
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hadda post this for all you cat lovers out there !!!
    a0kgiy53ob46.gif
    jPS - that's Izzy in the back with her paws up !!!! imitation of life eh !!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,144 Member
    Options

lav6ewklu0pi.jpg

Have a wonderful day. Hugs and blessings. Cold here, possible snow. Will have icy rain and it has done that. Electricity went out twice last night and once this morning, out for about an hour each time. 32 outside and lots of ice. They cancelled by drs. appt because of the weather, have one for tomorrow afternoon.

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -aw I’m glad they knew you were coming and that your higher dose is helping!
    @Tabatha_Cain -Aw I hope the dentist appointment went well for him. I had so much anxiety over the dentist-didn’t go for years-when I finally did, so much work needed but it’s ok. And now I can do the dentist without any worry.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very good day! Got up and posted in a challenge I lead on Facebook. Then got dressed and did my video, strength, laundry, and dishes (they're finally caught up!). Also cleaned the stove and rearranged something's. After lunch Hubby and I played Wii sports. When it's not our turn we March in place. I am trying to get back into being more active at home like I did when we were in COVID lockdown's. It worked then to lose the weight it will again. Yes I am still listening to my body and will take breaks when needed.
  • NovemberGail
    Options
    @LindieMaeP: I never thought of feeding a coyote. It makes me sad that people won't let animals be. There was a cougar in our county last week. Unfortunately the cat was hurt by a car. They haven't found it. I'm hoping it made it safely somewhere else.

Today was a good day. Another cottage's winter cleaning is done. YEAH! It was a bit too cold to do windows but that will change later next week, I think.

Hope all have a good night.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Dinner tonight, 2 small burgers with cheese, onion, mushroom and some yam fries - no bread that was cutting 100 calories by not having bread. So easy to do when I iliminate bread !!
    @NovemberGail you got a lot more done then I did !! Rest well tonight.

vlj31spc4gar.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    HI ALL!! I am a FLYING into the airport and WAVING HI!! Since it's a pitstop for me to night, or a touch and go (when a plane barely touches the runway, and takes right off again) so I'll respond to those tonight who had personally responded me to me in the past 24 hours. It's been such an unreal busy day. I am sure you understand.
    @Tabatha_Cain SO SORRY indeed periods can be a royal pain and make one so ill!! I have to say when I had surgery at 48 and ALL OF THAT STOPPED was one of the HAPPIEST days in my life!! LOL Many woman do not feel that way, but I loved it no longer affecting so much of my life. Ohhhh!! OHHHH!! OHHHHH!!! ANd I could wear white pants AGAIN ANYTIME I WANTED (thinking back to the 8th grade when I learned "oooohhh that wasn't to bright!" Which some one us learned the hard way!! Hope you are feeling better today.
    @Catwmncat ,,, IT WAS FUN!! Hey in 2 weeks the SUPERBOWL!! GOOOOOOOOO CHIEFS!!!!
    @Patti241 ,,, WOOHOO!!
    @Lindamaep ,,, IT SURE WAS!!! Today I am pale and shaking, so I am not sure why. I had always thought it was the potassium being low, but apparently not. I did play cribbage today, but I lost all 3 games!!! AARRGGHHHH!!! BUt my thought process is still off for me.
    @Bookienj,, it is easier when they do and they are ready. LOL And they were. TY TY TY TY!!! Hope your day was FANTASTIC!