• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    k88dzala4g6h.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

My Son only had a cleaning but gets his cavity fixed on Tuesday.

Today has been another sunny day. All exercise done, studied, read some of my book for my bookclub, did dishes and laundry. Also played skipbo instead of Wii sports as Hubby said his knees are bothering him from the marching. So I did step-ups on and off to get extra steps. Still struggling with being hungry all the time and keeping my calories in range.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,673 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, are you all stoked for some good weekend times ?? I know I am. We just had a storm blow through - litterally started with high winds, then rain then darkness. BUT somewhere a marvelous sunset is happening - I am sure someone got to see a rainbow or two as well - it is like night time out there and has been since 4 when the storm clouds rolled in. I went out this morning to go to T&T to get fruit and veggies - you know those things @Dianedoessmiles1 hates even though they have healing properties ( LOL ). Will be making coleslaw again as Gene ate quite a bit of the last one - don't mind, he needs healing foods too !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 last time an Elder was going to arrange for a bus, not sure about this time but I bus would be better so I can get up and move around. My friend will be streaming too as she has an elderly mom and husband to care for and he's suffering from demenia now so she is so sad but happy she can stream it too. Lets see our temps right this moment are 46F feels like 39F but rain so no snow - the rain brings out all the critters in the leaves and that gives food for the birdies - like the worm the robbin was eating. You are getting a touch of that cold vortex from Siberia - in Ontario and Quebec, as well as the eastern provinces have it much worse then you!! Glad I live in mild BC!!! I have one new dress so far for the Convention. I might get another, I might not. We will see. Volunteer this afternoon was good and I learnt a lot from the younger sisters who were talking up a storm about the Pioneer school that just occurred. It was the largest class in Canada!! The sisters made food, earrings for the women and tie pins for the men and it was quite good from what I hear.
    @Catwmncat das me when I wake up in the morning !!! Hope your day went well.
    @everyone have a good evening and enjoy what ever it is you have planned.
    buob22n20bia.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,614 Member
    Options
    Doing a FLY BY Fridays are always so crazy with it being FRIDAY and the last day of the week. I am pretty sure you all know I am the CL (LOL NO @Catwmncat it does not stand for Crazy Lady, though it IS UP for debate!) of the Positively Strong 4 Life team) and all CL's are busier on Fridays (and landing days). So I'll respond briefly to those who had back to me.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Ohhh with the medical field being so stressed out, and I would of anyways recommend anyone ever do a surgery unless it was very necessary. I have my bone infection from the surgery in May.
    @Bookienj,,, I hope your D makes herself available for you all. It can be so much fun to be "out with our friends" but, parents are with one for life, friends can come and go. I remember telling my GD this when she was in HS. She SWORE UP AND DOWN "oh NO!! We'll ALL Be friends for LIFE!!" She's been out of school now for 10 years so I had asked her last summer "how many are you still friends with?" "One." I did remind her of the conversation. So important for us to help them to see the bigger picture.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I hope they do rent a bus. We have done that to go to NYC back when. It was fun, and those who couldn't sit long could walk up and down the aisle to help their legs out. We didn't mind, I was young. Now I'd be one walking the aisle!! LOLOLOL!!! It SURE IS COLD!!
    mnsmog4zg3dg.png

• Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,203 Member
    Options
    9jhjpha8h4qy.jpg
    Friday's Eats were Yogurt/Cottage Cheese with Blueberries/Blackberries, Dates, Praline Pecans and Hot Honey Drizzle. Dinner was Chicken Legs and Light Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup and After Dinner was Coffee with Premier Protein.
    @bookieNJ Thank you. It really was a great victory as last year I spent about $6k due to dental issues and I totally overcame a lifelong fear of the dentist, so to be relaxed enough to almost fall asleep was huge.
    @LindieMaeP That's me everyday lately!
    @Kurtize Now that's how to spend Caturday!
    @Dinaedoessmiles You know CL definitely stands for Crazy Lady, on PS4L anyway. I think you once told me WL was for Wacky Lady???
    Have a Happy Caturday and Don't Forget to Weigh-In!
    hslz4gbxappu.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. It is currently 55 F in my house as my furnace has stopped working. So that is going to be a fun bill. I am not looking forward to that one. I am freezing in my house and no way to warm up other than layers. I am hoping someone will get back to me quickly to get someone out here. I have called 2 people now and no one is calling me back even though they both say 24/7 emergency services. They lie.

@Catwmncat - That is really good. I need a deep clean. Your food looked really good.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I struggle with being hungry sometimes too. Some days I am non stop hungry and other days I don't want to eat.
    @LindieMaeP - I am stoked for the weekend but not really. I don't ever get to sleep in in the mornings. What I wouldn't give to be able to sleep until 8 am again. I use to be able to and now I cannot.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yeah the medical field is a mess. I got my blood draw done this morning. Now we wait and see what it says. I am hoping everything looks good.

Well it is time to get something to eat now that I have gotten my fasting blood draw out of the way. I hope you all have a wonderful day

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It’s 38 feels like 29 with a high of 53 today. Insight Timer Quote: The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you really are.—Carl Jung I AM: I keep the door open to more blessings by being thankful for what I have. Axe Sharpening: In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.—Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: Invite a friend over for a ‘tea break’ (in person or virtual) Fitness Quote: Sometimes you WIN, Sometimes you learn.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: We create our world by the quality of thoughts.—unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,538 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I barely made it on the computer last night and didn't record anything. The entire day was getting to and from the Apple Store and then waiting to get a phone serviced. It was worth the effort but left me exhausted. I had not been to the mall for over a year (I think) and thought I would love getting out. Nope, I wasn't even enticed by window shopping. I must be getting older. My downfall was going to Chipotle. I overdid the calories and paid for it this morning on the weigh-in. I really need this challenge right now. (The truth is that the extra weight isn't only from Chipotle😋

Today's word is healing.

txocbndx74r0.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning, my weight is finally down again from the 208 of last week to 206 this week. I am sure it is the breaded foods that I cut out of my diet and will only have bread with my Caturday breakfast - I will have the odd muffin and that but not every day. I should be a pro at weighing and measure as everything I do for breakfast IS weighed or measured out - yet this morning I FORGOT to measure out my soya milk for my 2 coffees I have - grrrrr on me - but better to be honest with all things then find ways to "skirt" around it ... not gonna happen, no points for this LTGL today - first day in some time I have not met all 3 every day but again honestly is better best policy.
    @NovemberGail I sure dislike going to the Apple store here, I have to go to Pacific Centre Mall - very high end and then wait or make an appointment - but Most times I can google the issue with my Iphone and resolve it. Now I am in the market for a new Iphone maybe 13 pro or 14 pro ( obviously for the camera cause I hardly call anyone ) so I will venture there to see what I can buy and what kinda deal they will give me. I like to own my phones outright. I'll keep the Android only because it has it's own memory card I can take out un load and put back in which would be handy for extra storage ... I hope you have a good day today !
    @Tabatha_Cain - oh my goodness not a good time to have no heat - can you cook or bake and get some kind of heat that way? I grew up on the shores of Lake Erie in a "summer' cottage that was not insolated at all - and frozen pipes and cold mornings were the norm back then. I doubt I could do that today - we had oil heat and my dad would turn the stove off at night to conserve oil - sure at our expense !! My mom would get up madder then hades and curse and carry on about it being so cold and getting 4 kids off to school or what have you. I sure hope someone showed UP !! Is there some place you can go in the meantime to stay warm or did you have to wait for someone to show up to fix the furnace?
    @Catwmncat WOOHOOOO it's CATURDAY !!! I say CAT CAT CAT CATURDAY !! LOL we both look fine in the morning, no matter what the mirror says besides the mirror has two faces !! LOL Good eats there !! Here's my breakie - and yes those "orange things" are mandarins - last of the season, not too sweet not too sour !!
    @everyone enjoy your day today - I know I will rain or no rain !!
    0zira02g1vy8.jpg
    mamm4wspa1oc.gif

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,775 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. It's a very windy and cold day here today. I'm still talking it easy. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I may do some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good afternoon all. A bit warmer and I lost some weight. Very happy about that. Robbie, Candy and Kayla are well, Robbie and Candy have schedules they make sure we don't forget, when we get up in the morning, after we are up a bit if we haven't fed them they squawk and let us know at 4 is when they want to be covered and during the day they are in the computer room with me. So around then if we haven't covered them, Candy (the worst of the 2), starts yelling to let us know we are behind schedule. It is funny how we let our pets control us. Kayla is the all around boss of the house.
    Robbie is the first bird and Candy is the 2nd.
    304ebbta4l6x.jpg
    6sllh2hutjb5.jpg

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another sunny, cold day. All exercise completed including step-ups to get my hourly steps. Also studied, did dishes and laundry. Played a board game with Hubby and also made time for some me time reading. Still struggling with food but slowly trying to get it under control by trying to make healthier choices.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Catwmncat,, LOL at that it does, and YES WL is for Wacky Leader. LOL yes. We do have a choice, we can let something break us or make us. It's not always that simple when in the thick of it, but in time when we are almost on the healing end, we have a choice, sometimes it comes later.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, many of our furnaces are not work well up here,,, I am not sure why!! Normally where I live (it's one HUGE system)does us all well. But today and yesterday? Nooooo!!! When I called I was told "its cold out." Hmmmm NO KIDDING? Last night we did hit at 9 PM so cold as I posted yesterday (the -45 wind chill is a record for Portland and we are nearby.) Now at almost 8:30 PM it's 8 out and the wind is dying down to the wind chill is only at -4. It'll warm up over night. This is the warmest we've been today. Did anyone call you back? Is it fixed? Are your pipes okay? I HOPE SO!! Since I am a corner unit and my kitchen is on the outside wall, I did leave my cupboards open and draws last night out there "just in case." and thankfully it appears we are all okay.
    @Patti241,, HI
    @Novembergail,, I rarely go to the Mall. LOL it's just to much, though it can be fun. I thought of Chipotles, a friend and I like going out, but, I want healthier (SCARED HEARING ME SAY THAT? LOL I AM!) and put them on the list because if I am careful I am sure I'll be okay with the calories, but I need to be about sodium. SO MAYBE NOT!! Hmmm we have a nice steakhouse, with a baked tater, and a ,,,shhhhh salad. YUMMY!! Wanna come?
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I noticed with this week just how much more bread stuff I am eating!! YO it's so FULL OF SALT! I need to lower the salt!! AND so tomorrow or Monday when I shop I'll look so carefully!!
    @Cormierannie,, Hope you enjoyed the rest of the day.

• LindieMaeP
    Options
    I am very tired and heading off this internet site so I can get in my jammies and listen to some good relaxing music to chill to. Got a lot done today, did some shopping with my sister and will do more on Monday. Hope everyone had a good evening and enjoyed what ever you had planned.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 yes the manufacturing world adds more fat, salt sugar then we need - way more and they use kids to test the foods for the "bliss moment" ... so very necessary to read labels for salt - it's in just about everything !!
    1ycqz62owpcy.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing really well this morning. Today is all about relaxing and spending time together as we worship. I am looking forward to relaxing today before going back to work and working hard. We will figure something out as far as our bills go. The furnace repair cost a lot of money.

@NovemberGail - Glad you got your phone service. That is always a good thing.
    @LindieMaeP - I had to wait for someone to show up to fix the furnace. It was only 3.5 hours of waiting. No big deal. I was frozen and now I am stressed about money. It cost my entire paycheck to fix the furnace so no other bills are getting paid. I am kinda scared about that. I will figure something out though. Glad your weight is down. You are doing great.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Someone did come out and we are good now. The heat is back up and running. Sorry your heat is having issues.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Hi Diane:
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It’s 30 feels like 30 with a high of 60 today. Insight Timer Quote: In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.---Albert Camus. Axe Sharpening: Be grateful for where you are now and keep fighting for where you want to be.—Jaclyn DiFranco 1st Phorm Advisor. Action for Happiness: Make time to have a friendly chat with a neighbor. Fitness Quote: Make MUSCLES not Excuses.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: The most important thing you can do to improve your life is to wake up, smile, and be grateful.—unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,675 steps yesterday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, Oh I so agree!! Now they are using even cheaper stuff so adding in even MORE sugar, fats and salt. I agree it's very very unnecessary. I'm going to make my OWN taco sauce with NO added salt, low sodium tomato sauce. It only takes 20 mins in total if that. Hope you slept well.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, SO SORRY about the expensive repair!! OH MAN!! Can you ask at the 2nd job if you can pick up hours and explain why? If they think it's for the wedding, and someone else needs it for something else, I always took into consideration the actual need of my associate if they were both very good workers. I'd actually LOL Talk to a worker who didn't care if they worked or not, and switch around for those who truly needed to meet expenses. SO SORRY!! My place is better today, but it's not the normal so I am using the auxiliary heater some though not as much. I am HOT RIGHT NOW but LOL Izzy is on my lap.
    @Patti241 ,, any plans today? I am TRYING to make myself go to the store!! That's the ONLY thing on my list, but I feel like blahhhhhh. STILL it may do me well to go out. It may.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Some Maxine humor - have a great day and great new week. Hugs and blessings

4piofwcv1f8a.jpg