Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well today. It is Thursday and I work both jobs today. I am really excited to be working Burger King tonight. I like that crew I work with. We will see if they want me to stay on tonight or if they are really slow and want to send me home. They are only working me 1 day a week there right now.

@Catwmncat - I will definitely let them know again today that they can call me in to work when they need someone. I have not had the chat with my boss yet. I am thinking of emailing him and letting him to come to me with a solution. I am just not sure what to say. Glad you were able to figure out how to get on MFP.
    @LindieMaeP - I am doing well. The cramping has gone down. Since my periods are not super regular I get a lot of cramping the first couple of days and the last 3 months I have had a migraine on day 1 or 2. I am better now though.
    @bookieNJ - He has so much anxiety. This dentist helped though. They did a root canal and a crown on his tooth. He feels a lot better now and is starting to brush regularly so far.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - At this point I am not sure I will ever have a surgery to stop my periods as they are not too bad. Just the first couple of days are miserable.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It’s 22 feels like 22 with a high of 46 today. Insight Timer Quote: What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.—Plutarch I AM: I exude patience and grace throughout my day. Axe Sharpening: Change is not meant to be comfortable.—Alexa Watson 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Ask a friend how they have been feeling recently. Fitness Quote: Stay positive with your thoughts. Work hard with your body.—gymquotes.co. Motivational Quote: Life will lead you on your unplanned journeys. Enjoy the ride and trust that your final destination will be a great one.—unknown Closed all ring (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 13,128 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full-Body “GBC” Week 5, Day 4 Active Recovery 30 min walk on Assault Runner wearing a weighted vest and 15 min mobility in the gym after breakfast.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Happy Ground Hog's Day! Yep, Phil saw his shadow.

@Tabatha_Cain: Glad to hear the energy in your post. Cheering you on as you work both jobs.
    @Dianedoessmiles1: Good thing I don't bet. I would have surely put money on you in Cribbage--but you still have time before tournaments. (Maybe you are just really giving them a false sense of security that you are beatable. Smart woman).
    @macrat12: Never heard of using a weighted vest. That sounds better than a backpack and warmer.
    @Patti241: Enjoy your day!

Today's words are linked: tenderness and mercy. "Mercy me!!!!"

1ncd089p9oe7.jpg
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -oh good! And yes pretty good day
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,775 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly sunny and cool day here today. it is going to be a really cold and windy day here tomorrow. so i am getting my errands done today, so i do not have to go out tomorrow. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did go for a short run in the morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i am recovering from a cold. today is the first time in a while where i was able to do some exercising. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,614 Member
    Options
    @Tavatha_Cain,,, I am glad that you're working tonight at Burger King because a lot of fun to work at a place where you enjoy. Easy enough job but add in the fun and yeah it's just fun. I never would have gotten a surgery but I needed to because I had it tomorrow and my ovary. I wish I had had the surgery many moons before that because I get to hate it going through that. Hope the day went very well.
    @Patti241,,, Hi Pattyi. Is it going to get real cold down there You know it is up here. That was that after midnight tonight and go until Sunday early morning but by Sunday afternoon it will be back to the average temperature in the 30s.
    @Macrat12,,, had to been crazy where you live?
    @Novembergail,,, Oh I was not feeling well. I haven't been but I still wanted to go. Thinking it may be more than potassium because my potassium is almost up to it level. I am only .1 but I'm the lowest side of the range and I still don't feel good so maybe something else is going on. Aren't I a whiner? Pretty picture of a bird. Thank you
    @Bookienj,,, Any plans this weekend?
    @Cormierannie,,, Connie Please take care of this weekend. I think I also have everything all done though unless I want to I don't have to go out until Sunday. Please take care of the cold it's important that you recover before you do a lot of exercise if any.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,673 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are having a good day of it - I have had a good day too, wanted a pedicure but they did not have time as they had appointments even though no one was in the place but the workers, they wanted me to come back later, and I said thank you, but no I am busy. So maybe another time and another place.
    @Tabatha_Cain hope your shift went well and your son did well at the dentist, I have a hard time going and I remind myself I am paying for benefits so I CAN go, but I still have to muster up the courage, I so dislike so many different things, including the scraping and cleaning - the water is too cold and hits my teeth and I am like "scrape me off the ceiling" lol I have an appointment on Feb something to go - and go I shall unless I am sick.
    @NovemberGail no ground hog here, in BC another animal does the shadow thing, but I dont' go by that, I go by what nature is showing me and I see lots popping up green and that tells me spring is near - also I watch the buds on the trees that also tells me. Amazing creation !! by an amazing Creator !! I dont' think anyone wants 6 more weeks of winter !! How was your day ?
    @Dianedoessmiles1 oh I had such a wonderful suprise this morning, I got to meet up with my Bible Teacher and her son took pics of us and we will sit together at the Convention since they are going to the same one I am going to. Now I just have to figure out how to get there !! Sadly, she suffers from early onset altimers ( I know I spelt that wrong) so I asked her son to put it in his phone that his mom wants to sit with me and I am sure she will have another friend too. How are you feeling this afternoon, well evening for you, better I hope, I know it must get tiring, Gene gets tired of his MS but it won't go away being tired of it.. he is taking VitaminD3 now and his MS doctor told him to take it at night. 50000 - not sure the body can handle tha tmuch but it is a prescription so will see when he gets home and we look at it.
    The sun has come out and is shining so maybe a bit of a sunset tonight - I hope it will be a nice one. How is everyone doing with the challenge this week ?
    y1qy435kj2h2.gif
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, today is our daughter Denyse's 56th birthday. My groundhog baby. Have a happy day.
    6 more weeks of winter. woo hoo :s
    wx2rfujs6s6s.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another sunny and cold day but very productive! All workouts done, most of chr has been packed away. Just windows, doors and all the towels to get done. Took Son to his teeth cleaning appointment and did some grocery shopping. Had to take a cab home. Put groceries away, played Wii sports with Hubby. Got some studying for my classes and did some reading for my book club. Boy am I tired. Hopefully that means a good night sleep.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep,,, OOPS Sorry you couldn't get the pedicure! Neat on meeting up with her!! I am sure that was fun. Have you asked around for a ride to the convention? Do you all stay over or go back and forth? Since ours is in Portland and I live so near by it's very easy to go and come home. Though a FEW Do stay in Portland. They don't want to cook etc. so they try to stay at one of near by hotels. Have you asked around for a ride? Today was a very busy start. Had to go for blood work right off this AM, after that went to a friends house to help her with her Ipad. Now we KNOW I am an ANDRIOD user, but I totally under the Iphone, Ipad, macs easily enough. We got it all taken care of. Then another friend and I took off and did errands. LOL I could not wait to come home and put my feeties up. Later on the person who cleans for me came over. It was so much fun, and it's done for the week. Now I get to RELAX some!! WOOHOO!!!
    @Kurtize, it cracks me up that no matter they get, they are still "kids" though at that age likely most do not think so. Hehehehehe!! They said on the news the ground hog thing is only 50% accurate. I pay zero attention to it. SHOOT I can say "6 more weeks of winter" as I just typed without all the fanfare. Hope you enjoyed the day.
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Productive day!! Nicely done. Hope S is okay after the dentist. Hopefully you'll get some sleep. Rest up well.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,673 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 yes I will have to arrange a ride for 3 days, it's 2 hours away - AND all the hotels are now booked, so that is out but I am ok, cause I LIKE my BED better lol AND we can stop to eat on the way home to avoid traffic snarls - Last time it was suppose to be there, COVID hit and cancelled it all it was streamed !! But I am looking forward to it, you got a lot done, sorry you had to "work" on an Iphone/Ipad etc LOL YOU FUNNY GURL !!
    Here's my sign of spring - I just walk to the local park and see what's shooting up from the ground, and so do the robins, they be looking for food and in the 2nd picture, he GOT the WORM !! LOL boy he gobbled that down no hara hachi bu for him LOL Have a good night everyone !!

ranj7o9rlvef.jpg
    qrqsjedf1amu.jpg
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Another day closes. The last two Thursdays when I cooked, I really enjoyed myself. WOW!!! It was just hamburgers and fruit and tasted quite good!

The word for tomorrow is fortitude.

vsp8vnwqph0l.jpg

Good Night, all.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Lindmaep ,, if you are having a hard time finding a ride please talk to your group overseer. They'll be happy to help arrange it for you. There is a BONUS on eating on the way home,, and CRASHING OUT!! Indeed!! My body won't allow that any more, but it was fun when we did the 1 day down and back, I can't imagine doing that 3 times. I'll be no doubt streaming most of it. I am HOPING to go 1 or 2 days or part days. I do not think I'll do well at all sitting ,, my feet will look like basketballs! It'll put me more at risk. The infection did not leave in my feet. I have an appointment with the foot Dr on the 14th who will either do a surgery (I DOUBT HE WILL) or he'll not, and I go back to Infectious disease. WOW SPRING ALREADY??? GF it's ONLY FEBRUARY!! Our temps when I wake up (AIR TEMP) will be 4 F,,, but by the afternoon it'll be -5 and going down during the night to -14 with the wind chill on Friday we'll remain below 0 and down to probably -20 or so F and Sat AM we are told -35 to -35 in Portland which be for those around the Greater Portland area also. I AM HOPING TO SEE SEA SMOKE!! BUT!! I was reminded tonight,, SIGH that the wind will be to strong so probably not. You can't have a wind over 10 MPH for it.
    @Novembergail,, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are COOKING!! I've learned so much watching cooking EASY videos at first, now I am pretty confident I can cook about most things,, will I? I DOUBT IT!! BUT I CAN!! Imagine if we got together the things we'd DO!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good day. It is Friday and I get to wear jeans at work today. I am super excited. I love being able to wear jeans and tennis shoes at work. Although today it might be boots. It is not suppose to snow though so who knows.

@NovemberGail - Thank you. I do love both jobs. I have fun with my second job and it breaks up the seriousness for my first job.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - My issues are just not bad enough that they are saying surgery is a must. I won't do an elective surgery.
    @LindieMaeP - I hate going as well. I wish I could do and get my work done. I need a lot of work. I am just scared as well and it is costly. Our groundhog is dumb. It is the same every year. 6 more weeks of winter. No matter what.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It’s 18 feels like 9 with a high of 40 today. Insight Timer Quote: Quiet the mind and the soul will speak.—Majaya Sati Bhagavati I AM: I am playful and energetic. Axe Sharpening: The world is a mirror and it’s a reflection of what you make it.—Dale Beatty 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Do an act of kindness to make life easier for someone. Fitness Quote: You don’t find willpower, you create it.—quotefit Motivational Quote: You are the only one who can decide what better looks like for you.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,168 steps yesterday. Training plan: Truck unload this morning at work then Full-Body “GBC” Week 5, Day 5 in the gym after work.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I took a break for a short while, but can’t wait to get back. Hoping to start back with the IBC before the 2023 Spring 5% Challenge starts. Would really like to be back with my previous teams. (IBC-River Otters; 5%-Mission Slimpossible) Happy Weekend! 😊
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,203 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    q7umxdsc4p6y.jpeg
    Where has this week gone? I think it just wasted away... I know I sure did waste a lot of time. I had a fun filled morning at the dentist yesterday.🙃 Both the hygienist and dentist were impressed with the amount of improvement since the deep cleanings back in August, so it looks like I may keep my teeth for many years to come.😁
    @NovemberGail Fortitude is a perfect word for today... TY!
    Hope everyone has had a good week. Don't forget to turn in all your Exercise and LTGL's by 11:59pm tonight and Weigh-in tomorrow before 11:59pm.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,980 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -not really. nothing tonight. Tomorrow is my daughter’s 18th birthday but she has a college audition and then is getting together with friends. Maybe she can do something Sunday with us? How about you?
    @Catwmncat -yay for a good dental visit!