• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,614 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize,,, LOLOL LOVE MAXINE!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a mostly sunny day. It was 50°F in the Church this morning. I was frozen. Today was a relaxed but productive day. Made cowboy caviar, chilli, baked tortilla chips, and homemade croutons. Also did some dishes and laundry and played cards with Hubby.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,674 Member
    Options
    Good evening folks... it's been a very busy day - left at 9:15 for meeting at our Kingdom Hall and then went in volunteer work for a couple of hours and then got to my sister's and we went to Richmond to Value Village to shop for things, well I was shopping for tops or skirts but found two dresses that I will wash up along with 3 tops, one of the tops was only 4.99 but it had two lil holes I noticed after I got it home, no problem, I'll were black and the holes wont even be noticed, they are for at home anyway - one top had it's original price tag of 64.00 and I got it for 10.99 or less I think, the dresses cost the most, 19.99 and 29.99 - but they are lovely and the skirt part flows very nicely. Now to wash them all up .. then we went to Denny's for lunch and I had the turkey dinner, can tell you, won't be having that again, oh my goodness the salt !!! in the gravey - and no cranberry sauce but it was only 14.99 so I ate and left - will be drinking water all night now. Then we went to the busiest Costco in North America - and it was busy, poor guy could not even pull out from peopel blocking him in wanting the parking spot, my sister next to me swearing like a sailor and at one point I was going to get out and direct traffic, NOT ... we got theparking spot and got inside. My sister made comments about the people who shopped there and I told her to leave her racist comments at home, I was in no mood, she claimed she was not being racist.... I knew better. Well I got banana pean loaf and 3 bags of kirkland bacon bits, that's all I wanted and then made my way through check out, just told my sister to follow me and we got to self serve right away and out the door we went. Now home and too tired and still full from Denny's to have a real dinner so I had a piece of MEASURED banana bread and 2 mandarins... I think I will just have water the rest of the night. Gene stayed homedruing all this, just as well!!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 isn't funny we was just chatting on here about salt and the gravy onmy turkey was SO salty ... blaaaaa but I am not one to waste food if I can eat it so eat it I did! I see you went for a bit of a walk yourself - I got over 8,000 steps in and I am ready for bed but not yet, it's too early and too light out still - somewhere has a sunset LOL
    @Tabatha_Cain I am sorry to hear your furnace cost you so much to repair - however, since you plan on selling, it's best to keep it in good condition and I know you have a contingency fund for things, so maybe add maintenance to it. One of the good things about renting, I may not own it but I don't own the repairs either, that's the landlord problemo ... try not to worry too much about it, I am sure you and Joe will work things out.
    @Kurtize I have had a few maxine pics for my own pic on Spark but of course I may not have them anymore, easy enough to google though.
    @patti241 hello, nice to see your post !
    @everyone have a good evening and enjoy what ever you have planned!
    manvbejsrdme.gif
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I've been under the weather today and am just going to post tomorrow's word and quick photo.

The word is TRANSFORMATION.

b571mb28ic9c.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, OH MAN they add so much SALT to everything!! NO wonder so many have high blood pressure!! I am learning to make many things on my own,,, today I looked up and got the stuff to make my own pizza sauce, and taco sauce! It'll make such a difference, and the reviews (I ALWAYS read through many of them, where people tend to tweak them further LOL I do too) in the amount of sodium. Neither of them is at all hard to make both will make up in under 20 mins. I am okay with that!! I think I do the taco sauce during the day time tomorrow,, in the AM. I may be taking a friend shopping. Shhhhhhh I did mine today. LOL tomorrow I'll no doubt find more.
    @Novembergail,, Oh hon!! SO SORRY!! PLEASE take care!!! Ask for any help you may need also. Hugs from us all.
    @Cseguin2,, Sounds like a good idea.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is back at it with all the extras of this week. I have a doctor appointment this week Thursday. It is going to be a good one. My blood work looks good and my weight is down so that is a good thing. I am hoping things are going well. I cannot wait to find out. I saw the blood work results before the doctor so to me they look good. We will see what the doc says.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am going to talk to them this week, but it is hard because they don't have that many hours with their hours tied to their sales. So when sales are down so is their ability to schedule people. But I will try.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sounds like a productive day. We did online church this week. Next week we will be in person.
    @LindieMaeP - That was quite an ordeal for the day. I would have just turned around and went home. I did not have a contingency fund. We just used my paycheck that I just got and now have to figure to figure out how to pay bills. We have $200 in the wedding fund we are taking from so we are draining the wedding fund to pay bills and then we are borrowing the rest from Joe's parents if they are able to loan it to us until after the wedding. I am thinking that renting is a lot better at this point. I think Joe and I are just going to rent for the rest of our lives.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Diane: There were no plans for yesterday. Hoping that later on today I can go to Planet Fitness and workout. Have to see how my friend is feeling.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It’s 47 feels like 41 with a high of 66 today. Insight Timer Quote: I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.—Sylvia Plath I AM: I am grateful to do what I love in life. Axe Sharpening: You have an obligation to yourself to show up as your best version everyday.—Cavan Valance 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Get back in touch with an old friend you’ve not seen for a while. Fitness Quote: If you kick me when I’m down, you better pray I don’t get up.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: When you focus your mindset, what’s meant for you will happen in the most unexpected ways.—unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,241 steps yesterday. Training plan for today 45 min walk after breakfast then if time Claire’s Core Workout before work.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,206 Member
    Options
    Sunday's Eats
    Breakfast ~ Cottage Cheese/Yogurt with Blueberries, Dates, Praline Pecans and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Dinner ~ Olive Garden's Baked Shrimp (Chicken) Tortellini Alfreado https://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/olive-gardens-baked-chicken-tortellini-alfredo-skinnyfied/ Dessert ~ Coffee w/ Premier Protein and Yasso Greek Yogurt Mint Chocolate Chip Bar. Hit my 5% Goal this week... It's amazing what we can do when we are determined and the fire is lit inside of us.
    ocu5ilvio30z.jpg
    Let's Make it a Grrreat Week!
    2131wetwnp20.jpg

• LindieMaeP
    Options
    The first Monday of the month is ALWAYS my favourite, right @Dianedoessmiles1 ????? I am sooo looking forward to what I can learn today. Actually I learn something every day ... like today I did my laundry so I could try on the new stuff I bought, well, new to me, BUT one top DID have another store tag on it and it was much more costly then what I paid - we will see, once they cool down from the dryer I will try them on. l got to Costco yesterday but my sister did not have the walking energy to stay as her back was "killing her" as she put it so we only got pecan banana bread and I got 3 bags of the kirklands bacon bits which I like. So I bought 2 dresses, one skirt, 3 tops and it came to 89.00 not bad and the two dresses are the length I prefer AND they are both lined !!! Bonus no slip needed, like those exist today LOL
    @Catwmncat yes indeed we shall make Monday fantastically marvelous darlink !!
    @Tabatha_Cain I feel your pain, your trying so hard to save for the wedding, and now this. I am sure you will bounce back from it all and will be fine in the long run. I also hope family can help you out too. Try not to worry about it too much. hugs hugs hugs my friend !!
    Well on with this fabulous monday !!!
    davp6urjfmaz.gif

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -I hear ya! We did have lunch with her Saturday but it’s ok. Lots of time this week to be here
    @Catwmncat -that’s awesome you can relax that much! I am totally fine with the dentist -sometimes a new hygienist I get a little nervous but I know it’s ok.
    @Tabatha_Cain -Aw I hope you can get someone out soon! We’ve had furnace issues where emergency means next day because of where we live (it’s not that far out)
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Be open to the goodness of life -
    even in the midst of apparent adversity.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,,, I hope work went well. WOOHOO AND YEAH YEAH YEAH on the bloodwork!! Hope it's a shining example of what we can do when we focus on our goals!!! Today I made my OWN TACO sauce after I saw they've recently INCREASED the sodium and when I tracked it yesterday it was 600 MGS in 6 tablespoons!! I WAS SHOCKED And then some!! So I made mine and in 6 Tablespoons it has ONLY 45! Soon at BK the hours will start to pick up. As the federal returns start coming out it'll pick up.
    @Patti241,,, Were you able to make it the gym today? You have thinking if I'd like to rejoin again. I would need to talk to my Dr first, and see if it's worth the effort with my feet. Well foot.
    @Catwmncat ,,, Indeed when we do focus we can achieve great things. HEY GF I WANT THOSE PINK SHOES!! LOL!!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, WOOHOO on the deals!! LOL I do not think one can find a slip unless they buy them online. I guess the majority of those who work no longer wear a skirt or dress? I am OUT of the loop and LOL I am okay with that!! Indeed I did look this AM, but it wasn't up yet. Later on I'll check it out. Likely watch it on Thurs or Friday, I have more time on those days. NO DOUBT in the AM I'll likely hear parts of it.
    @Bookienj,, Awwww Glad you did!! SWEET!! They grow WAY WAY TO FAST!! Indeed!! My 5 year GGS was over today, that look GOOBER Is so much like his Momma!! I am 5'2" and a little bit more,,, well this little stinker, he comes up to my chest area!! WOW!! YUP His Mom did the same thing.

• LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 it is very hard to find slips that are the right length and not for mini dresses etc. Which is why I love them built in and will not pass - I did try them on the blue lace fit perfectly enough the pastal, mmmm maybe too long but we will see - the program was amazing and I had to pause it as "someone" kept wanting to go somewhere or do something and I finally said NO ... lol Needless to say I got my steps in and my exercise time. He's a little better for walking then my sister but not by much! I was looking for clip ons for my glasses for the sun ... should look online to see what I can find for these big glasses LOL
    Gotta go record my numbers and then watch some videos... later all !!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,206 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain Did you ever send that email to your boss yet? It's always nice to go to the doctor when we have worked hard at losing and improving our health and get a good report.
    @LindieMaeP sounds like you got some really good finds and deals on the clothes. I have several slips but find that they are never the proper length for want I'm wearing, always too short and you can still see thru or too long so they hang below the hem. Lined is always the best.
    @bookieNJ You'd have to know the full backstory to understand what an accomplishment it is that I can be that relaxed at the dentist. Less than a year ago I was terrified and my body would begin trembling as soon as I pulled up to the office. By the time I got in the chair I was visibly shaking and tears were rolling!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I did have pink pumps like that without the straps... I still have pewter ones. Don't know that I could still get them on after wearing flip flops and sneakers for many years though.
    Mondays Eats ~
    lv123aya21zl.jpg
    Fast Breaker was Soup & Sammich and Dinner was Braised Pork with Mushrooms and Onions https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=3513422, Whole Wheat Bulgur and Peas.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Today is Tuesday and I am in a lot of pain. I have been forgetting to take my GERD medicine and boy and I feeling it today. The gas, bloating and heartburn is killing me today. I did take it this morning, but it is going to take a while before it actually starts working again. I should have been more cautious. I just literally forgot.

@LindieMaeP - Thank you. Yes, Joe's family is helping us with bills. We are so fortunate. We will pay them back after the wedding. That is the plan anyways. After this ween we will be back on track with bills and will start saving money for the wedding again.
    @bookieNJ - I did get someone out right away, but some did not call until yesterday. So they lost out
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am sure things will pick up at Burger King so that is not a problem. I am so happy that my A1C is 4.4. So proud of that. I try so hard.
    @Catwmncat - I did send the email to my boss. He pretty much responded with if I complained less my job would not be so bad and he is not adjusting my pay. He made it seem in his email that he had to fix a lot of my mistakes which is not true. So I am just looking for another job. I will just see what I can find.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It’s 41 feels like 39 with a high of 50 today. Insight Timer Quote: Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.—Ralph Waldo Emerson. I AM: I choose to be proud of myself and the things I choose to do. Axe Sharpening: The right mindset can move mountains.—Stephanie Lawler 1st Phorm Elite Trainer. Action for Happiness: Show an active interest by asking questions when talking to others. Fitness Quote: Losers complain, Winners train.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: Life is short. Appreciate every wonderful moment you get to live it.—unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,781 steps yesterday. Training plan: Full-Body “GBC” Week 6, Day 2 and Claire’s Core Challenge HIIT in the gym after my hair appointment.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Went to the gym yesterday afternoon and got my workout done.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, All!

Felt quite good to be catching up. Today's word is enthusiasm, and will do my best to get into the swing of things.

First, @Tabatha_Cain: So sorry to hear that your boss went more on the defensive. Will be praying that you find a job that you enjoy, with a boss that is more personable, and the paycheck is good. I'm glad to hear that your bloodwork looks good and you are feeling good.

Second, @Catwmncat it is always delightful to see you and what is on your plate. It all looks so delicious.

Third, @LindieMaeP: you can be my personal shopper anytime. Those are really good deals!

Fourth: @Kurtize and @macrat12: you are consistently inspirational in your sharings. Thank you.

Fifth: @Dianedoessmiles1: Thank you for your get well note and I am feeling better. I think I almost slept for 24-hours.

6y2f7d7cnpbf.jpg

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i am helping out a friend today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.