Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    86afyabc2psc.jpeg
    The word for the day

Tonight I am making chicken tenders and will also have Cesar salad and fresh fruit. For those that are not into the fruit and salad, I'll offer ice cream. That wins then over.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,801 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly rainy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she works at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i enjoy spending time at the library that is not too far from my place. there are a lot of different programs offered at the libraries here, for all ages. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    I am back from my outing and it was a success. Not only did I get to Thomas Haas Chocolatier and got 75% coacoa berry buttons but I got a scruptuous almond chocolate desert - since I do not get there that often, I am having that for lunch and did forgo bread for my sandwhiches... lol... I did get to the Foot Solution place and a gentleman named Tim was very helpful in helping me pick out some dressier shoes - unfortunately the straps are velcrose which I do not like BUT on the way home, I figured out a solution so my clothes do not catch on the exposed part. I will tape it upand live with it. Part of the problem is my orthodics which Tim nicely cleaned up and are now shiney white and the top of my one foot is very high so it had to be accommodated. I also tried on OOFAS but nope no go for me. Tim said they are mostly for folks with ball of the foot issues, that's not me. It took less then an hour and away I went. The price was 300.00 ( remember Canada is always higher priced ) but Tim showed me how to find them on Google and I might be able to get a white pair for less money now I know the size etc. I did measure out the chocolate buttons by table spoon as I need them to last, they cost 20.00!! BUT OH SO GOOOD !!!
    @Catwmncat Dinner will be simple as well to make up for the calories for the almond croisant..sp... you all know I am a fonetic speller, right ? LOl There's a scripture I go to when I feel things are over whelming me, from all angles especially with Gene and some of his lamebrained ideas - ie last night he came home, said his output smelled like vitamine, so he desollved one in water and tried to drink it, you know it got poured down the sink. I hate when he does that to our water system which affect the eco system all the way around. So I remind myself of this that He will make me firm, he will make me strong, he will firmly ground me so that I can treat Gene with some dignity, even though I think he turned on his pea brain ... just the tip of the iceburg with that one. hugs to you
    @Tabatha_Cain I remember you saying that, I hope you enjoyed your second job and it helped you with the stress of the other one. I also hope you got some sleep as well.
    @everyone I hope you are enjoying your day and your plans, meals, people, etc!! I need to break in these new shoes LOL they do allow for summer swelling !! well any swelling ...
    2rl5388dt032.jpg
    ik8ebrtn46b7.gif

OHHH did you see me with Elvis???? LOL so funny !!

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

It is definitely good to be back.

I won't be surprised if I get a mark in the 90's on my exam as it's open book. I write it as if it's not but will check answers I am not sure of.

Today has mostly been rainy. But got all planned exercise, dishes, some laundry and studying done. Also did some decluttering, went to my Son's doctor appointment and played Wii sports with Hubby. It feels so great to be in a routine and be getting things done. Reaching over 20,000 steps each day is just the bonus. Although right now I am out to prove a point to someone I know.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,240 Member
    Options
    Thursday's Eats
    d64nrf8h9kcu.jpg
    Fast Breaker ~ Soup and White Cheddar Rice Cake w/ Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad.
    Dinner ~ Dijon Lemon Chicken with Zucchini https://lifetimevibes.com/lemon-chicken-recipe/, Coconut Ginger Rice and Peas.
    Dessert ~ Caramel Rice Cakes with Espresso Nib Peanut Butter and Dates.
    @NovemberGail What time is dinner? I'm on my way! I could definitely find my joy spending a little time in your paradise.
    @Kurtize What a beautiful boy Robbie is!
    @LindieMaeP It's always a blessing to find a sales clerk that is helpful and accommodating. You're shoes are quite lovely and don't look a bit like cement blocks! You do so well shopping the calorie bank account and adjusting to enjoy the good stuff! You look so good with Elvis.😉 Hugs gladly accepted and returned..
    @CSEGUIN2 Sometimes proving a point to someone is the best motivation we can get.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,484 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday. We are going to Joe's parents this weekend. We both work the Church service this weekend. My doctor appointment went well. They put me on potassium pills. Oh the joy. They are so big.

@Catwmncat - Doc appt went well. I am on potassium pills for the next month then I get rechecked with my potassium levels. I am surprised I am sleeping also. I am so tired though.
    @NovemberGail - Chicken tenders sounds so good. I might have some for lunch
    @Kurtize - He is so cute. Does he talk?
    @LindieMaeP - Glad you will be able to look up those shoes and hopefully get them cheaper. I did get some sleep. I am still tired. I am tired alot but apparently that is normal with low potassium.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - He is so adorable. You are going to love Oliver. That sounds like a good name for him.

Well it is time to get my breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,679 Member
    Options
    It’s 32 feels like 25 with a high of 39 and chances of snow this morning. Insight Timer Quote: Be the peace you seek.—Bryant McGill. I AM: I am more than a number on a scale. Axe Sharpening: Appreciate and celebrate every step you’re taking in the right direction.—Toni Livers 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: Look for good in others, particularly when you feel frustrated with them. Fitness Quote: Even if you can’t physically see the results in front of you, every single effort is changing your body from the inside. Never get discouraged!—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: Start each morning with positively, then carry it with you throughout your day.—unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,417 steps yesterday. Training Plan: Truck Unload this morning then Full-Body “GBC” Week 6, Day 5 and Claire’s Core Challenge Week 1, Day 5: Core in the gym weather and road conditions permitting.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize: How wonderful to have a pet for 21 years. Incredible. Happy birthday, Robbie! Hello!!!

@Catwmncat: Paradise is open! You have to promise me one of your dinners when you come.

@LindieMaeP: Marilyn looks a bit chilly! LOL.

@Dianedoessmiles1: OLIVER! Perfect name and sweet kitty. I am over the top for you. Who wanted to see that movie anyway??? (I do). Oliver looks perfect and Izzy will come around eventually. You certainly will grow in patience. I love the rosie nose and now can't wait for the stories.

Today has two words:

DELIGHT and HEALING

ggy0nu8d2evy.jpg

• LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I had a very good night's sleep last night, but then I always do when I do not sleep well the night before. I did get a lot done but today is on cruize mode so I can just be content with what ever !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 why am I not surrpised you brought home and ORANGE cat ?? Oscar looks great, a little older then I would expect for a "kitten" ... since that is what you went to see ... Oliver might be a good name too - but what name comes to mind when you saw him - with our last one his name was Cilantro, but we called him Amigo and he came by that name and never Cilantro - we tried lol I am sure he will settle in just nicely and Izzy will realise she's got company NOT competition!! All in due time eh?? !! The WT this week is fabulous !!! Enjoy
    @NovemberGail Yes I agree, she sure did look cold as it was raining when I was waiting for my appointment. That set up was outside a retro restaurant, did I go in ? NOPE just took the pics. GREAT words for today as somewhere we need both healing and that brings us delight !!
    @Tabatha_Cain I looked those shoes up in the states site NOT so cheap at all for a closed heel sandle, which I need for the orthotics, so I will go back and see if Tim can help me find a pair of sandles that mimic my orthos or let me put them in without them being dressy - I did try the OOFAS but they are not for me. How was your night at work ? I know you will enjoy your weekend, although it might go by too fast !!
    @Kurtize beautiful feather baby - well can't say furbaby - he's all feather !! Does he talk at all ?
    @everyone have a wonderful day and if anything earth shattering/shaking happens in my neck of the woods ie my apt I'll be back LOLOLOL
    eax8icnzvsqh.gif
    ojckc8s2xgzm.gif
    kdbnn83ity67.gif

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,801 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mainly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i dropped some extra food off to the local food bank box that is in the grocery store close to my place. i like to help others whenever i can. i will definitely be dancing to the 80's later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,995 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -oh I got it! Ty for the humor! Oscar is very cute! I hope he has a great transition to his new home.
    @Catwmncat -ty!
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,496 Member
    Options
    someone..I suspect Kailey is cooking and it sure smells good!! She is getting to be quite the lil cook with eggs. As kids will do she gets on one food and eats it till she doesn't want it anymore..why it had to be eggs with them costing a mint ..oh..there is the reason right there!! hee hee...as long as she is eating food and not candy or cookies or ice cream!!
    Diane...Oscar is beautiful..as is Izzy..they will soon be curled up snoozing in the sunlight as best friends!
    Linda..finding shoes is a pain at times and yep if you need anything special it costs a mint. I have yet to figure out how this works..when you are younger..working full time and hopefully making decent wages stuff costs a lot..but not a mint then as you get older, have less income and are unable to work..suddenly everything costs more, much more than it ever did. I guess they think that the 20's on that money tree are just dropping off into our laps!!
    Ahh, pups just informed me that it is time to feed them..Chuee is actually not the one raising the most noise this time..whoops..there he goes!!! Off to serve my masters..ya'al have a great day!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,203 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for Robbie's birthday wishes. Those you asked, yes he talks, in fact at times he drives us crazy. He picks up things very fast, which is both good and bad because you never know when he will speak his mind. He does his talking on his terms.
    Have a great weekend. Hugs and blessings.

ulzyo37hqznt.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very busy day with lots of exercise and movement. Completed my workouts, studied, did dishes and laundry, played Wii sports with Hubby, walked down town to meet my Son for his appointment at the bank, then walked to the grocery store and cabbed it home. Boy am I tired and muscles are not happy. But that's ok as I know they will be ready for tomorrow's workouts.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Was a beautiful day today - the sun shining, no rain in sight and great walk this afternoon but the sunset, oh the sunset. I know my phone camera does not do justice to the sunset from the view in my room - but I will share anyway!
    sggrcxjub9fy.png
    @katiecondy1 nice to see a post from you here, hope you are doing well and are healing as best you can - the crows are getting very chatty in the mornings and getting ready to start their new spring home for their babies, gotta watch those that will fly at you to keep you away from their young. My granddaughter likes fine dining as long as someone else is paying - but she also cooks that fine dining at home too to see if she can do it. She'll be headed to CA after her course is finished. After that no idea.
    Have a good night everyone !!
    96k9g3ehiaxw.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,635 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, ENJOY the trip. Hope the weekend goes so fun you'll wish you never left!!! Awww Oscar is so lovable!! He's such a love bug!! Izzy is starting to realize he's here to stay. LOL She's not into that yet!! She's being so SPOILED and knows it, LOL using it to her advantage!!
    @Novembergail ,,, Hehehehe I decided on Oscar for his name. He's sort of a SLOB or was at first, today he's been very good. LOLOL! But, his face is so narrow, Oscar fits. OH we'll see the movie eventually, but before it leaves (I HOPE!). I'll invite other friends to come.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, HI Linda,, LOL We KNOW I wanted an orange cat FUREVAH!! But I was really looking at a little girl (Her name would of been Lucy)who's a calcio (a very very light colored of oranges, grays and whites). She was so sweet also, but the person who saw her online grabbed her the moment she saw it, she came in and got her too as I was there. SWEET!! I am so happy you guys had Amigo. Do you think you'll ever get a new one?
    @Bookienj.,, Awwww TY TY TY TY!! He's such a love bug. He did NOT like me doing his nails tonight. So I stopped (for the moment). He's not as needy as he was yesterday, and calmer. LOL he's 9 months so he's almost fully grown.
    @Katiecondy1 ,,, SO SWEET there GF you are rubbing OFF on Kailey,,, WOOHOO!!! Awww thanks he's such a good boy!! I did cut a few of his nails tonight, it upset him though he was relaxed. So I'll need to do that one at a time so he doesn't get upset.

• Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,240 Member
    Options
    ojks3giqg7t3.jpg
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Oscar looks like he will be a handful, but a sweet loving one. I can't wait to start talking to him so he knows mey voice like Izzy does. Meow, meow.
    @Tabatha_Cain Glad your appointment went well. I believe low potassium can cause insomnia and interrupt sleep. Maybe with getting your potassium where it needs to be will help some with the sleep issues.
    @NovemberGail Oh, we'd be cooking together, for each other and everyone else! What fun we'd have! If only!
    @LindieMaeP Besutiful sunset pictures. I'd love to be on that swing in the gif. That would be so cool.
    rhmu910l4sn0.jpg
    Friday's Eats
    Fast Breaker ~ same ole, same ole... Cottage Cheese/Yogurt with Sautéed Pear, Strawberries and Praline Pecans.
    Dinner ~ Veggie Pasta "Tuna" Salad*
    After Dinner ~ Healthy Pop Kettle Corn and Yasso Bar
    *Hubs thought it was tuna, but it was really canned Chicken Chunks shredded. He swears he hates chicken mixed with mayo, as in chicken salad.🤫😉 He said the Pasta Tuna Salad was Delish, like 4 times.🤣😂