Airport Lounge Discussion

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,293 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw I can imagine he would object. Those paws are valuable!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,917 Member
    Happy Monday, sorry to all Eagles fans and happy for chief fans because we hoped they would win. Of course if they were playing the 49er's it would be a different story. LOL.

Wishing you all a great week. Hugs and blessings.

I hold my course with focused attention
    and relentless commitment,
    as I weather the storms of life.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,037 Member
    Good afternoon everyone, it's a cool sunny day but warm enough to feel like spring, it's 46F feels like 41F but sunny so in the sun walking, I did work up a sweat !! I took the two dresses that needed heming to the alterations place - the first one quoted 100.00 per dress because of the liner and the fullness of the skirts... really? Just to run it with the hem mode on a sewing machine, or am I wrong? I most likely am as I have never used a machine let alone know if it has a heming part to it LOL So this afternoon, I took one dress to the laundromat at they do alterations, and he said he would have to ask the person who actually does it and I appreciated his not being able to say yes or no but to wait on the one who would actually be doing the alteration. He said they would call me later today. Ok phone volumn up and on so I can get the call. If worse comes to worse I just wear it as is and go from there. Or find another dress ... the other dress will be ok not hemmed as it is mid calf and the new shoes I got go well with both, so that is a bonus, now to loose some weight so I can get into my cowgurl dress lol Life is good, right ? Well we are expecting a wind storm around 4 pm ish with gusting winds up to 90 km an hour - Gene wants to hear the whistling of the wind, I just want to be cool ... lol have a good one all and enjoy the day.
    a66u56wun45y.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Didn't get to check in yesterday. Went to church, studied, played Wii sports with Hubby and finished making the taco dip before heading to my friends. Got there some time after 2 pm. Didn't watch much of the game or any other part. Was busy socializing and snacking. May have over ate yesterday but. I did try to limit what I ate at home to healthy and only if I was truly hungry before leaving. Most likely went over in calories as I did eat quite a bit even though it was fairly healthy foods out side of the chips. Also there was some alcohol involved.

Today has been a very productive day even with only 4 hrs of sleep. Yesterday's and today's exercise completed, did dishes and laundry, studied and played cards with Hubby. Tomorrow is rest, weigh, TOPS and Valentine's day. Not sure how the scale will react with the chips yesterday but I see and feel the difference already.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Good evening everyone
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,429 Member
    @catwmncat ,,, OH MAN GF I LOVED that game!!! Ended just RIGHT in my book!!
    @Katiecondy1 ,,, LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!! Ohhhhh hon, we also NEED moisture!! Let's HOPE we get it, but ugh hate to have your knees hurt more!!
    @Tabatha_Cain,, Hope work went well today!! HAPPY you had such a good weekend!! YEAH!!
    @Cormierannie,, Hey if you'd like to do extra housework, I am SURE MANY of us will be okay with you doing that for us!! HAND UP!
    @Bookienj,,, Awwwww today I took Oscar to the vet today!! OH MY GOODNESS he cried so HARD!! He DID THINK I was taking him back to the shelter!! It was such a broken hearted meow!! SO DEEP SORROWED!! I almost pulled over to cry for him!!! When he got him back home, you could see how TRILLED HE WAS!!! It was so cute!!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Its not hard. I'd do them each separately. then I'd do a few catch stitches by hand to have them together.
    @Cseguin2,, I now make my own taco sauce too, which is amazingly so good!! Its very low sodium at 45 mgs for a 1/2 cup though I only use 1/4 of a cup! so 23 mgs! WOOHOO!! Instead of 600. We can alter it ANY WAY we wish!! I just use a no salt added tomato sauce, a TBL of sugar. A 1/4 of a cup to 15 ozs of the tomato sauce. I put in the spices when cooking it (at least 20 mins if in a hurry, I do it for 30 to 40 mins simmering to help reduce the acid. I also cut down the sugar). I put in garlic, onion powder, Italian Herbs, cumin (but I LOVE this spice). I keep the sauce very basic, from here I can add the spices for pizza, taco spice (Spicer TY though not hot!) or spaghetti sauce.
    @Patti241,, HI Patti!!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,848 Member
    edited February 2023
    ibmkobnhubx0.jpg
    @katiecondy1 It was a great game. Almost wish it would have ended in a tie, but of course that can never happen in the SuperBowl. Both teams played their hearts out and were deserving of the win. If you really want your new knee to predict the weather for you I'm sure there is something they can implant to ensure that happens.
    nzo4p9cyrxgx.jpg
    @Tabatha_Cain Glad you were able to get out in the sunshine and spend quality time with Joe. You are building a very solid foundation for your marriage.
    @LindieMaeP being in the sunshine on a cool day is so refreshing. I took a sun dress to be altered many years ago and they wanted $20 to just run a seam down the buttons just to keep them from opening. I got the dress on clearance and only paid $5 for it, so I passed. Really wanted to wear it and the buttons kept opening so I bit the bullet and went back. Best decision... I ended up with a dress that I loved and could actually be comfortable in for $25, wore it for years... definitely got my money's worth out of it. Now, $100 plus the cost of the dress is way too steep for my blood.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I know Oscar's visit today went well other than him thinking you were returning him, but how did Izzy react when you came back home WITH him??
    Mondays Eats
    qdtqdl5yhaac.jpg
    Fast Breaker ~ Cottage Cheese/Yogurt with Berries and Dark Chocolate Drizzle.
    Dinner ~ Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey, Spinach & Baby Bella Pasta Bake topped with Part Skim Ricotta and Olives
    Dessert ~ Caramel Rice Cakes with Espresso Nib Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans and Dates.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Update on Billie: I found a vet who could take her this morning and also examined her teeth. She has two infected teeth that will need to be extracted once the infection is out of her system. The teeth are small and will not be a problem. With the pain meds and the antibiotics, she is not fighting to go outside. Amazing because the temperature was 60 today. And she definitely deserves to be spoiled!!!

After the trauma of getting the nail removed and the quick protected, Billie came over to me and I said, "You forgot to thank the doctor." She actually went over to the doctor and waited to be petted!!!! Will wonders never cease.

@Tabatha_Cain: Hope you and Joe especially enjoy Valentine's Day!!!

Hope everyone has a beautiful Valentine's Day tomorrow. 💐🥰💐

How can the word not be LOVE tomorrow?????

yegs2kw58tdf.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,986 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Valentine's Day so I hope you all have a wonderful day. Today both Joe and I work today. I am excited to give Joe his gift. I just have to go buy it first. I am looking forward to it. I hope he likes it. I have a small budget for the gifts.

@LindieMaeP - I hope you are able to get your alterations done relatively cheap. Hope the wind storm is not so bad.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Glad you had fun socializing. We pretty much just stuck to ourselves here at home.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Work went well today. I am super excited for today being Valentine's Day
    @Catwmncat - Thank you. I would like to think I am. I want our marriage to be solid.
    @NovemberGail - So glad you got Billie to the vet. It is great when pets realize that they are being helped.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I have to get to the store when they open at 7. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,196 Member
    It’s 48 feel like 43 with a high of 58 and rainy this morning. Insight Timer Quote: Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.—Antoine De Saint-Expery I AM: Today, I am allowing the energy of happiness to flow through me. Axe Sharpening: Don’t wait to change your life. It will not be easy, but it will be worth it!—Cavan Valance 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: Tell a loved one or friend why they are special to you. Fitness Quote: The question isn’t can you, it’s will you.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: Yes, you can. Believe in yourself.—unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,127 steps yesterday. Training plan: Full-Body “GBC” Week 7, Day 2 and Claire’s Core Challenge Week 2, Day 2: Core after breakfast.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,197 Member
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. since it is such a nice day here today, i will be going to the lake shore here to spend the afternoon and enjoy the weather. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    Good morning everyone, it's a beautiful day shaping up here, sun and wind is gone for now but rain coming back tomorrow, I hope it takes it's time as it will rain all week ... but that is ok I will find things to do dispite the rain. How did you all sleep last night? I slept fairly good. The Alteration place called and they can do my dress and the lining for 30.00 so I was happy about that, they will take 4 inches off as the dress was floor length and I wanted mid calf length and that should do. It's not something I can do as I do not have the proper instruments to do the hemming and the skirt part of the dress is very wide same as the liner. I'll post a picture when it's done.
    @Tabatha_Cain sure hope you have a good day today and enjoy your evening. I think 30 for the alteration is a good price compared to the other place that wanted 100.00 ... the dress only cost me 30.00 so another 30.00 won't hurt too much for the dress.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 so we all wanna know how Izzy felt about Oscar being back LOL AND my Kartmen used to meow like he was being hurt when he was in his carrier eventually I got a cat stroller and he hated getting in it but loved being outside and smelling all the smells when walking and I would always walk close to bushes so he could smell the bushes and I know the birds felt safe with him in the stroller too !! I have a picture somewhere LOL As mentioned above, hemming is not something I can do anymore... or at this time.
    @Catwmncat oh your meals are so good ... I won't post what I ate, needless to say the 50+yo went to Walmart and got fried or baked chicken even though we have TONS in the freezer ... think he just wanted to drive his car ... yea that 100 was too steep for me x 2 cause I took in 2 dresses and Gene was willing to pay and I said NO when we got outside, I told him the dresses were only 19.99 and 29.99 so I was NOT paying 100.00 per dress. One will remain as is it is not floor length.. but the other will be hemmed. I hope your day is going well.
    @everyone, I sure hope you all have a good day today and enjoy what ever you have planned. Happy MEWSDAY... lol
    l34n1wmaaufq.gif
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,293 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw hopefully he realizes in time every car trip isn’t back to the shelter. Glad he was so happy back at home!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Catwmncat ,,, Awwww Izzy seemed both relieved to have him back and also "HUH? YOU BROUGHT HIM BACK??!!!???" LOL!! But all day they've been able to roam as they wish. They are both sleeping now about 5 feet from each other. I sure hope they'll curl up over time. She is entertained by him, and well, he's still very much kitten acting, which is just funny as can be.
    @Novembergail ,, Awww Billie hon!!! I am so sorry you were having to go through that, but what a GOOD GIRL YOU ARE to THINK the Vet!!! Did s/he smile on that? OH I SURE WOULD OF!!! SWEET GIRL!!! Hope she's much better.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Hope work went very well. Love is a nice thing to have. V Day is such a commercial holiday, all about the money though of course people are more than happy to do so. As you and Joe know it's everyday you are each special to each other, and neither of you would ever wait "for a V Day" to say "I love you." Before you know it you'll have the ring on your finger and he will too. After that to settle on in and enjoy though it's also work, it's a good result.
    @Cormierannie,,, Did you get any pictures at the shore?
    @Lindiemaep ,,,,WOOHOO on the 30 for the hemming of the dress!! NICE!! Awww yes when you are able to please do post a picture of Kartman especially LOLOL In the stroller. Now Izzy (and of course by default) Oscar, they do have a rolling PET backpack. This way one at a time can be taken for a walk, outside, it has a heavy protective mesh so they can see around 3/4 outside at things. I generally use it to visit the VET!! LOL THE DREADED VET, but I just found a new one who's so much better!! It's very much so more personal and the vet herself is such a sweetie and very smart. AND SHE LISTENS to us the pet parent.
    @Bookienj,,, Awww TY TY TY TY!! Right now he's at my feet fast asleep. Izzy is about 5 feet away also sleeping. Hope your day was GGGRREEEATTTTT!!!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Ahhh the sun is shining away and on the computer screen and I do not mind, it will set soon enough. I was looking at the airfryer and boy it needs cleaning so Gene said he would do it, and he watched a video how to - lol tooth brush and all lol - then I said not to worry about it I want a Ninja dual basket one and it all depends on how easy it is to clean ... things splatter when they cook - really need a built in splatter screen ... wonder if they have that. Gene said he was going to have a nap all this air fryer stuff was making his mind tired LOL He just went to Safeway for a loaf of break and paid $$$$$$$4.00... I woulda put it back and gone to the dollar store - but nope he did not want to cancel it - he paid it and away he went... sigh... lol ...
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I'll look for it, I think I have one on facebook but I have thousands of pics on there so it might take some time. The stroller was gone by the time we got Amigo .. now I have more stuff to gift away one day ... course when you do you get a new furbaby at your steps... not planning on it though... enjoy Izzy and Oscar ... the dress is for the Memorial, and the other for the Circuit Assembly and of course inbetwen is the CO visit and last but not least the convention so busy busy season coming up .... I think I can muster uip 15 hrs a month for next 3 ... plus I still have to break in the new shoes ... ohhh found some ... but they might be large ... pictures that is and they go way back, think I was thinner fat then LOL me and Kartmen, we both in pink LOL
    vzzk9bu9y925.png
    o3l8kyi12t10.png

• Dianedoessmiles1
    @Lindiemaep ,,, That's such a CUTE Picture!!!! Aww both in pink!! SWEET!!!! I'll probably tie/stream the convention and the assembly (The assembly is 2 1/2 hours from here in Mass) that's way to much for me to travel, then never mind sitting there for the 7 1/2 hours and coming back home. Usually requires leaving about 6 AM ,, the ones I go with we always say "Let's not stop and eat , or just grab and go" but another person ends up with us insisting we eat a sit and eat place. LOL that can add in another 2 hours. YO!! Meeting was very very good tonight. I did it on Zoom and was a householder for part 2
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    @LindieMaeP: You and Kartman are adorable. Love that he can go for a walk with you. I think my cats would freak out.

@Dianedoessmiles1: So glad to hear that Izzy and Oscar are getting closer each day. They are going to be best buds.

Felt good at vacuuming and mopping my cottage. I love when I don't see any fur flying--at least for 12 hours. Love my fur babies but maybe next time will go with hairless varieties LOL.

Tomorrow's word is understanding.

mho4t3qsgyge.jpg
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Diane: HI. Sorry I was not on this morning. I went to workout and then to the hospital to see my friend. Just got back about an hour ago.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,848 Member
    k6xohxb4ts5j.png
    Hope everyone that celebrates had a good Valentine's Day. I personally think it's just another Hallmark Holiday and love should be celebrated everyday, not just on special occasions, but I'm just a sappy romantic.
    @Tabatha_Cain I'm sure Joe loved his gift. When gifts come from the heart they are usually appreciated more than expensive ones.
    @LindieMaeP $30 to hem a lined dress is pretty much a steal. Are you just having the one done or did you decide to do both after getting that price? I get that Gene just paid the $4... sometimes it's not worth the savings to go running to another store. You and Kartman looked adorable in pink. I wonder if my girls would like a stroller or if they would just serenade the whole neighborhood with their singing.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Izzy is going to be just fine sharing her space with Oscar. She just needs to ensure that he knows she's in charge and what she will and won't tolerate.
    @NovemberGail Billiecis such a good girl, most of the time, and so lovable. I'm sure the vet appreciated her thank you. If mopping and vacuuming leave you with a good feeling, as much as it would pain me, I'd be happy to help you out and allow you to do mine. I've been a little perplexed about a recent situation and I'm hoping to get some much needed clarification and understanding today.

It was a great day... Got to meet up with a fellow PS4L team leader today, who is visiting my neck of the woods. We spent a couple hours walking and talking. It was a beautiful day and we were able to get our max miles for the team while we got to know each other a little better. When I got home I was energized so I got dressed up for Valentine's Day hoping hubs would agree to go out, but he wasn't feeling it, so I put the comfy clothes on and spent the evening with my one true love... FOOD🥰💘
    5rsbqlqbzrf0.jpg
    Tuesday's Eats
    Fast Breaker ~ Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats with Cottage Cheese, Blueberries and Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips.
    Extras ~ Black Grapes (not pictured).
    Dinner ~ Eat It or Toss It Casserole (Chicken Breast, Bulgur, Mushrooms, Peas, Grape Tomatoes and Alfredo Sauce).
    After Dinner Snack ~ Smart Pop Kettle Corn and Sea Salt Chocolate Covered Caramels.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,986 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I work both jobs. I am excited to be able to make more money. Joe is struggling with some work stuff. So we were up a bit early today while he works through some stuff. This is the first step to his stomach acting up and then he is forced to be out of work due to his diverticulitis. I hate when this happens. I hate that he is so stressed about work. I wish I could fix it for him.

@LindieMaeP - That is great that they will do alterations for a lot less. I cannot wait to see a picture.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Work went well. We did celebrate Valentine's Day, but did not spend a lot on each other. We know one day is not all it is in a relationship. I cannot wait to be married.
    @NovemberGail - It is nice to not see fur everywhere. My mom has the same problem.
    @Catwmncat - He did love his gift. I love the gift he gave me. He is so sweet. You are right. It isn't really about the day. You should love each other every day. Sounds like you had a great evening.

Well it is time to get ready to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha