Airport Lounge Discussion

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,196 Member
    It’s 34 feels like 34 with a high of 54 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Give, even if you only have a little.—Buddha I AM: I allow my gratitude to bring more abundance into my life. Axe Sharpening: Discipline over motivation.—Stormi Knight 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Support local business with a positive online review or friendly message. Fitness Quite: You can either Blame, Complain or Abtain.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: When you start enjoying the little things, you’ll realize how amazing your life has been all along.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Active 4 and had 12,592 steps yesterday. Training plan: Truck unload this morning at work then Full-Body “GBC” Week 7, Day 3 and Claire’s Core Challenge Week 2, Day 3: Core in the gym after work.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,197 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1: i did get a picture. i will try and post it later.
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful mild sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i will definitely be spending a lot of time outside today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,293 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -aw sounds like they are tolerating each other well!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,037 Member
    Good morning everyone I hope your day is going well. The sun is playing hide and seek with the clouds and the air is chillin' cold. I went out this morning to safeway and got some stuff and walked there and home and I bought only what I went for - ok I bought one more thing, 4 rotisary chicken legs I can freeze for meals later in the week. I do need to go get some more beef though and make some beef dishes. I almost have all my steps in from that walk !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Kartmen howled like crazy going into the carriage but once outside, he calmed down for a while and enjoyed the walk - I did not do it too often and of course he went to the vet in it as well. Sadly we had to put him down when he developed a blood clot in his hind legs and the vet said they could desolve it but he would never be the same, so we let him go to sleep. It was a hard decision to make then too and took months to get over it, time heals and will for Amigo as well. That's the part of owning a cat Gene does not want to deal with. I understand. I hope things are going well with Izzy and Oscar and yes good plan for when you have to go into hospital for any length of time. They will keep each other company even though they are independant little things. I understand the long drive for the events - I don't relish it either but at least I do not have to walk there, I am sure you understand that... any news from the doctor about your tests ?
    @Tabatha_Cain I sure hope Joe is feeling better and is able to deal - stress can be beneficial at times but the wrong stress ie work stress is not beneficial - it's too bad - I hope you both can find ways to deal with the stress.
    @Catwmncat you look fabulous no matter what you wear or do not wear - I hope you had a good evening and great tht you got to meet a member of the team. Continue to care for yourself and share your food !! LOL to your first love, thought I was the only one who felt that way about food, it's not the enemy!!!
    Time to skidaddle outta here, ya'll have a great day and enjoy what ever you have planned.
    l1bjqseez0nm.gif
  • LindieMaeP
    LOL @ Kurtize - Now there is !!! LOLOLOL too funny
    The sun is still playing hide and seek .... I'll just watch for the sunset !!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,429 Member
    @ALL THANKS!! I did read though the chat. Tonight I am going to be busy for the In Between Challenge and it'll take a bit of time, plus I've not eaten yet (Its just after 7) supper, and I would like to get in another 35 mins of exercise (I have in 55, I'd like 35 more for 90,,, I am trying to earn the SUPER BADGE on our team that gives them for doing at least 90 or more minutes of exercise or 5 days a week or more. SO I am not slacking off, but hehehehe you knew that. Izzy does have the cold Oscar brought in, so she's resting on her own today and last night. I HOPE she feels better fast, it's not a bad cold and tonight she almost came out to see him, but said "NAHHHH!!" AND BACK in she went. I did giggle. I'm heading into the bedroom to use my laptop there and spend one on one with her.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Gained another pound. Extremely frustrated but know if I keep doing the right things and improve on others it will eventually turn around. Took the rest part literally. Did get a small walk in at the mall getting Hubby's gift. I also used the holiday as a cover to eat my feelings. Hubby went out to get my gift after lunch. He came home with 6 long stem red roses and an Amazon gift card. He also informed me that something would be delivered the next day.

Today I completed all my workouts, did dishes and laundry, and also studied. Did some organizing and also played Wii sports with Hubby. My delivery came and it is a beautiful flower as arrangement. I feel very loved and special this year.

I tried to post the pictures of the flowers but it wouldn't work today.
  • Patti241
    Good evening
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Good Evening, all ~

This is one of those days where I'm glad that none of my plans were written in stone. Got a phone call to say that one of our guests needed to release her pet who had leukemia. We are fortunate that we know a vet who specializes in putting down pets at your residence. We all gathered to say goodbye to Ben and had a touching service in gratitude to such a sweet little dog. Afterwards we gathered and had lunch that brought some healing to the day.

Later I went to the west side of the property and picked up branches and took out two rather large wild multifloras. The mule was quite full when I took the brush to the ravine. Then Billie got two walks today since I am not letting her run wild on that foot. I think I will sleep tonight.

The beautiful weather of 60 degrees will disappear tomorrow and tumble into the 20's. Brrrrrrr.

Confession time: I ate a lot of the wrong things but didn't overeat. When I am having feelings, my cravings for sweets goes up.

Tomorrow's word is healing. (That seems to come up a lot.)

s3pj5wmhkl8w.jpg

So glad to hear that some of you enjoyed your Valentine's Day! Enjoyed all the posts--except hearing that Oscar brought a cold home to share with Izzy 😞. Have a great Purrsday!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,986 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friend:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I again work both jobs. I am hoping it will be a good day. I learned last night how to do a soft serve cone. Lets just say I need lots of practice.

@LindieMaeP - We are working on the stress. I am sure we can get it taken care of.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope you are able to get everything done.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is great. Those gifts are amazing. It is ok that you ate some feelings. I do it too.
    @NovemberGail - I get the need for sweets. I t just happens. I really need those sweets sometimes.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,196 Member
    It’s 32 feels like 25 with a high of 36 today. Insight Timer Quote: Empathy is the medicine the world needs.—Judith Orloff I AM: I know this situation is hard, but I determined to rise above it. Axe Sharpening: Don’t be afraid to pursue the goals that seem out of reach.—Dan Bailey 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: Check in on someone who may be struggling and offer help. Fitness Quote: The gym is one of the few relationships you will ever have where you get exactly what you give. Don’t pass that up.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: The less you respond to negativity, the better your mood will be. Stay positive!—unknown Closed all hearts on my Active 4 and had 12,728 steps yesterday. Training plan: Full-Body “GBC” Week 7, Day 4: Active Recovery and Claire’s Core Challenge Week 2, Day 4: HIIT in the gym after work.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,848 Member
    i7a6lrs137eu.jpg
    Wednesdays Eats
    Fast Breaker ~ Soup and a Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Sammie on Dave's Thin Good Seed.
    Dinner ~ Baked Chicken Thigh, Sweet Potato and Squash w/ Onions.
    Dessert ~ Coffee Chocolate Chip Bar and a Sea Salt Chocolate Covered Caramel.
    @LindieMaeP thank you for the kind words but I'm not so sure many would think I look fabulous in what I don't wear.🤣😂
    @NovemberGail Such a blessing that you all were able to be there for the guest when she needed to be surrounded with love. I tend to gravitate to the sweets whenever the emotions hit as well and its a constand battle right now. The picture you posted reminded me of a heart with a spot that needed to be healed.
  • LindieMaeP
    Good morning, just finished scarfing down breakfast - well almost lol it was the usual breakfast - maybe tomorrow will be different and a picture will follow. Nothing spectacular to do today other then exercise and cleaning and maybe a few laps to the mailbox downstairs and back, sometimes I do it just for the steps... it all helps...
    @Tabatha_Cain hope both shifts go well for you - soft ice cream, you'll be a pro before you know it... just don't eat your mistakes LOL 🙄😉😂
    @Catwmncat still cannot get Dave's bread these days - oh oh oh wish I could miss it but life goes on - I had chicken last night too but no sweet potato - you know CAT you would look fabulous in a potato sack cause you would KNOW how to wear it !! BUT at my age I look better with clothes ON then OFF !!! so ON they stay LOLOLOL 😉😂😂
    Hey everyone!
    @melissaaridgeway hello hello and welcome !! How you doing ? lol
    @NovemberGail I am sure that cleaning helped with the saddness of the day - it is so hard to loose a furbaby - or any loved one....
    @everyone, do have a wonderful day on this PURSDAY !! and have fun - you can do it !!!
    692pnsgbtoxf.gif

• Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,848 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain I am an Ice Cream Junkie and vanilla soft serve is my all time favorite.🍦😋 I'll be happy to eat all your practice mistakes, but hopefully you are a fast learner, my waist is quite large enough already.😂 Hope you had a great day!
    @LindieMaeP Your so funny... I'm pretty sure we are very close in age and I look better with clothes on as well!
    hz6ddgq7xrte.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,429 Member
    @Cseguin2,,, So sorry about the gain. Have you reset your tracker in the past month? Or gone to https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html ? Life changes, we change, perhaps what had worked in the past worked very very well, but may not be now. By redoing our stats and following what it suggests though we may not wish to do so, can make a difference. Around emotions, OH MAN it seems ALL of us are going through so much. Oh so very very much then ever before. I do encourage actually everyone or most everyone to see if perhaps talking to a counselor could help. Many of us are not as healthy as we were, or our circumstances in life have changed (some of us drastically) etc. Etc. Right now Connie work and where what you can find is a stressor. I know our unemployment office has job counselors who know not just of jobs, but if you'd like further training, how you can get that often WITHOUT COST!! The job of your dreams may just literally around the corner!! If you desire that. If my health was better though I am not at all young, I'd seriously consider going to school for certification to work with children in elementary school. I LOVED working in the classroom, my pay would of been higher. There are options to help us deal with stress. Its such a hard time in our history.
    @Patti241,,, did you all hit the 60s today? We are close to it. Hmmm it's FEBURARY!!! OR it's SUPPOSED to be. SIGH!! I miss our blizzards, and yet, I am not healthy enough to shovel or even get the snow off the car. I do have a neighbor who does it though for those who wish at a very very kind rate. My friend who is a co owner does not want to pay, it's really not much.
    @Novembergail ,, that's so kind of you all to have such places available so the guests can have any resources needed. I belong to Nextdoor ,,, in that I had read about a local vet I had NO CLUE is here. I took Oscar there and I LOVED IT!! VERY MUCH SO!! I'm going to make Izzy an appointment! It's small it's a nice small place that the Vet is the owner!! Therefore Izzy and Oscar will have the vet who will know them. WOOHOO!!! Where I've gone for almost 45 years has grown to big and vets are in and out of there really fast!! NO TY TY TY!! Izzy looks like she's feeling better today, but her breathing isn't up there up to it's normal "not that good" but, she's out here with me and looks happy.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Awww TY TY TY a good part of what I needed to do last night is done. It was fun and interesting though. I'll take one of those cones please!! Though presentation is nice, at least the ice cream machine works!! Hmmm the MC place that's RARE or at least it's VERY rare here. I know someone who worked at the MC place who said it wasn't down they just didn't want to clean it. SIGH SIGH!!
    @Catwmncat ,, YUMMY on that sandwich!! Buffalo chicken blue cheese!! OH MY OH MY!! Was good talking to you last night though you HUNG UP ON ME (LOLOL she's whine and say it was an error LOLOLOL) Oh I'll help you a TINY TINY Bit with @Tabatha_Cain practice cones. LOL
    @Lindiemaep ,,,GO For the steps!!! Indeed, right now awwww Izzy is out here with me and on my lap and Oscar is in the bedroom. He'd rather be out be out here , but LOL She's purrring so LOUDLY!! And I do hear him playing in there as a happy boy.
    @Melissaridgeway ,, WELCOME to the 5% Challenge chat!! Please ask ANY question(s) you have!! And pull up a chair!! It's nice and cozy here around the fireplace!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,197 Member
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. there is a chance of freezing rain here tonight. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. she is doing really well in her courses. this is her last semester of high school. one of the subjects she is taking is called Calculus. she enjoys any kind of math course and all of her other courses as well. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i am meeting up with a good friend of mine for supper today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.