Airport Lounge Discussion

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,917 Member
    Happy Monday. Had a great time and visit with Son. We ate out, went to the Old mill pond museum. It was great so it was so short. Here is a picture of us at the mill (Doug, Denyse, David and me (Denyse is our daughter, David our Son and Doug is David's partner.)
    ujqfuix1bdvk.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,037 Member
    Good late afternoon everyone, we have a wind storm making it's way across the lowermainland so I hope it blows all the rain to somewhere else for a bit then come back and keep us green. Not much going on here today, it's Family Day in BC - provincial holiday - most provinces have that but not all they have other holidays. I am retired so other then shopping hours I dont' care really lol !! Did 2 loads of laundry and put it all away and then played some video games, checked my phone contract to see how much longer before I can get a new phone - in 3 months the droid will be paid for and I can get an Iphone 13 Pro - thought of getting 14 but the only diff is the price so why go higher for same stuff ?? Besides I basically want it for the built in Camera and functions. I'll keep the "droid" though ...
    @CSEGUIN2 sounds like you are learning a lot of good things, do share what you can perhaps some of us have the same issue and can use some tips to help with that.
    @Kurtize glad you had a nice day today with family, lovely picture too !
    Well I never got out today so I never took any pictures .. so I'll have to gif it !!
    ps7ggu7mipu2.gif
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    @LindieMaeP: Love seeing the flowers. I just keep looking but I know it is still winter here.
    @Dianedoessmiles1: If I ever get to writing a book, I will dedicate it to you with love from Billie.
    @Kurtize: What a lovely photo of you and your family.
    @macrat12: You are getting those steps in . . .
    @Patti241: Hey there!
    @CSEGUIN2: Glad you had a good day!
    @Catwmncat: I'll try not to judge your husband~Yankees????? Did someone say "damn"?
    @bookieNJ: Hope it warms up.

This was really a tough weekend. What I hadn't shared on Sunday was that my brother had a heart attack.

Good news: He is recovering after two stents. No residual damage to the heart but if he hadn't acted, my news would be totally different. If anything happened to him, I would have such a deep sense of loss. Thank, God, for desiring him to be with us and not taking him home. A lot of prayers were answered. Other good news is I went to the doctor and everything seems fine and my weight has remained at 152. The picture below is of their support dog--Bash.

Tomorrow's words are integrity, power and gratitude. Take your pick(s).

033sste6vmfg.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    @NovemberGail that must have been a very stressful weekend for you and no doubt a lot of prayers. I am glad to learn your brother is doing better. I hope he continues to improve and you have less worry and stress and no doubt your furbabes helped a lot, they tend to sense things like that. I'll take gratitude for my word tomorrow - and think about the things I am appreciative of starting with the Creator ... have a good evening.
    xny0izefrbcf.gif
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,850 Member
    Monday's Eats
    pbn8gq4f360c.jpg
    Fast Breaker ~ Baked Oatmeal https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/51013 and Lemon Greek Yogurt topped with Sautéed Cranberries. Dinner ~ Post Roast https://cafedelites.com/slow-cooked-balsamic-pot-roast/#recipe with Kamut Khorasan Wheat and Green Beans. Dessert ~ Baklava and Coffee.
    Made a few substitutions to the Baked Oatmeal... applesauce in place of butter, added 1 mashed haas avocado 2 scoops vanilla protein powder and 1/3 cup each Reduced Sugar Craisins and Chopped Medjool Dates. Best one yet... very moist.
    @Kurtize How nice that you were able to visit with your son after so long. Great picture of all of you!! I love your smile!
    @LindieMaeP I wish I liked changing phones but I'm one that uses the phone I have until it stops working and then I'm forced to change. I like the gif... Piglet is my favorite!
    @Novembergail Oh what a stressful weekend indeed. Glad to hear that the outcome was good, prayers were answered and there shouldn't be any residual damage. I know the deep sense of loss you will feel when/if your brother is called home before you. I have lost a couple of my brothers in the last few years and am not looking forward to losing anymore of them, but more than likely they will all go before me. Great report from the doctor, your efforts are paying off nicely. What beautiful eyes Bash has.
    zyefx7di9ce0.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,429 Member
    @Catwmncat ,, TY TY TY TY As you know cause we talked on the phone I did go to the ER for a "Gas up" of potassium and fluids, I'm good to go again for a bit. Hope your night went well!
    @Patti241,, HI Patti!! Waving!
    @Cseguin2,,, Please let us know how it's helping you as time goes by. You know we care.
    @Kurtize, looks like you enjoyed your time. Pretty setting!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Wanna throw in my laundry? I'd happy allow you to "practice" if you'd like. LOL!! Maybe Tuesday (Today) I'll get around to it. Sounds like you also had a nice day. The kitties are doing better, oh they are not best of buds, but they can closer together without Izzy Kitty throwing a "hissy" fit but she's okay to have one. She's just REALLY MAKING SURE He knows it's her house but she'll "let him play here.' LOL!!
    @Novembergail,, my oldest brother had a heart attack when he was only 32!! He was an airline pilot and of course the heart attack ended that IMMEDIATELY!! When I read of your dear brother, my heart went right to my throat!! I know that fear so well!! With my brother it was EONS ago, but I'd never forgotten that first call. He too went right in, he would NOT of, but he looked up on the internet "Signs of a heart attack" at 32, he felt he was "to young.' He had another one at 38. Instead of being a pilot he went back to school and became a teacher for crashes, he did amazingly well. I hope your dear brother is able to make the corrections if any are needed for eating. If he's scared, and it's so understandable there are many heart groups on Facebook groups, if he's in that type of thing. There's a low sodium group I belong to which is FANTASTIC!! How to not only cook without sodium, but to LOVE OUR FOOD MORE SO!! Anyone can belong to it. I am so sorry this has happened. Awww Bash is so cute, sure is, but yes, LOL I am partial to Billie ,,, help your Momma to please write that book!! It'll be so much fun to read!! BILLIE DID WHAT?????
    @Lindiemaep , what a wonderful GIF of the dog and flowers to Gail!! TY TY TY!!
    @Catwmncat ,,, OH MAN That's the roast beef you were cooking!! I COULD SMELL IT THROUGH THE PHONE you know?? Giggle giggle tonight Oscar grabbed my foot for a TUG A WAR with it, I was laughing so hard!! I'd forgotten how kittens do the SILLIEST of things!!! As you see above, Izzy is letting him nearer though she still is having a 'hissy" fit. LOLOL She's getting over herself, at least she's not mad at me any more. Awwww that was NOT easy, though A LOT easier than what Gail just went through. @Novembergail, I'll have to call my oldest brother tomorrow.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,986 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a slow day due to it being Tuesday. Those are our slow days at the office. I was able to get my migraine under control yesterday with only 2 pills. That is pretty good. I can take a total of 4 pills in a 24 hour period. So it could have been way worse and I could have maxed out my pills for the day. I am glad it is going well at this point.

@CSEGUIN2 - That is great. It takes a lot to fix yourself so you can hit your weight goal. I am working on that too.
    @Kurtize - Lovely photo. It looks like a great day for that outside adventure. Joe and I did the same thing on Sunday.
    @LindieMaeP - I have a long time before I pay off my phone. I do want to switch to an apple after I finish my contract for this phone.
    @NovemberGail - So glad your brother is now ok. So glad the prayers were answered.
    @Catwmncat - Your food looks good. I am glad you found a substitute to the baked oatmeal.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a wonderful day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Diane: waving back
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,196 Member
    It’s 37 feels like 37 with a high of 66 today. Insight Timer Quote: People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.—Anton Chekhov I AM: I constantly seek ways to express my gratitude. Axe Sharpening: Challenge yourself today and make yourself proud of the effort you gave.—Kaylee Stevens 1st Phorm Advisor. Action for Happiness: Really listen to what people say, without judging them. Fitness Quote: I’m on a mission to become the best that I can be.—gymquotes.co. Motivational Quote: Take a deep breath and remember: even the rough days get better. You’ve got this.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Active 4 and had 12,100 steps yesterday. Training plan: Full-Body “GBC” Week 8, Day 2 modified for at home and Claire’s Core Challenge Week 3, Day 2: HIIT after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    Good morning everyone, the wind blew all the dark rain clouds away and we have some wind this morning but the sun is shining through and not playing hide and seek with those rain clouds!! So it's going to be a lovely day today and I look forward to my meeting tonight !
    @Tabatha_Cain glad to hear your migrain is slowing lifting and you can ease up on the meds. Have a good day at work today and if you are doing the extra shift, have a good day there as well. My phone plan is up in 3 months, i've been waiting and waiting to get back to Iphone - BUT the Droid will be used on the MFP app as it interacts better and I can post pictures. It's a small thing really. They have so many plans now and mostly a "bring it back" plan, excuse me but I want to KEEP it .. so I will buy it outright - and I do not trade in my old phone, I give it to a Sister who has family members in the Philipines who can use it. So I gift it forward that way.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 gladly do your laundry I love doing laundry and I love folding it and once upon a time I used to iron but of course those days be long gone ! How are you feeling today, are you behaving yourself ? How's the kitties doing ?
    @Catwmncat I sure wish I could keep a phone that long but new tecnology intrigues me so I gotta have it but sometimes I have to wait longer, ins't piglet the cutest ??? Love your food choices again - your pictures especially of the popcorn cakes help me to have a healthier snack toward evening. I know have the plain with cream cheese light but the caramel ones would be plain by themselves, and be adicting so not buying them all the time LOL
    @everyone, so how's your day going ? I hope it is a good one !!
    pn0wts6k5cve.gif
    ]
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,197 Member
    good afternoon everyone! it is a very windy and mostly cloudy day here today. tomorrow night, there is supposed to be a lot of snow. then after that there is supposed to be some freezing rain. i am trying to get any outdoor errands done between today and tomorrow afternoon, so i do not have to go outside when it is really snowing. my daughter says hi to all. she is really enjoying her classes. she only has 3 courses this semester instead of 4. so she has some extra time to herself during the day. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep!
  • Catwmncat
    @Dianedoessmiles1 The "gas up" was exactly what you needed. Glad you didn't eait any longer. It also appears some of the reports will be providing a little more insight for your doctors. Bit by bit the fog is lifting and insight to what's going on is becoming clearer. Smell vision would be a good thing at times, but other times not so much, LOL. Izzy is getting comfortable with Oscar while still establishing the ground rules. They will be curling up and cuddling soon... maybe.
    @Tabatha_Cain Glad to hear the migraines are lessening without maxing the meds. Slow days at work can drag so hopefully you'll be busy enough for it to go quickly.
    @LindieMaeP how nice that the wind blew the rain clouds away so the sun could come out and play. I'm glad that my food pictures inspire you to make better choices at times. That's part of the reason I post them, to hopefully give others ideas.
    zq2cxo4m5a9y.jpg
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,917 Member
    Hello and happy Tuesday.
    @NovemberGail so glad for the good news. Love your pup. Hugs
    Thank you for the the nice compliments on our picture.

It is another beautiful day here. In 80's slight breeze so not too warm. Love this weather and going to enjoy it while it is here (before it gets too hot).

Have a great rest of the day, hugs and blessings

Always be a first-rate version of yourself,
    instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
    - Judy Garland

• LindieMaeP
    OH dear !! Gene and I went to Superstore for ONE item - we took my little plastic cart as it is easier and we buy less when we take it. Gene knew we would get more then one thing LOL - while getting out of the car, I got the cart unfolded and then went to set my Iwatch for walking and the strong wind blew my empty cart into someone's car wheel and then it bounced off of that onto the side of the walk way!!! I said oh sorry but no one was there and I wasn't bright enough to get their plate number and have them paged in the store to actually appologize to them, nor did I have a pen and piece of paper to leave a note ( although the wind might have blown it AWAY)... so we got inside and I veered to the left and Gene said SEE knew you weren't coming for just one thing... of course not we needed TP ... not to mention mixed veggies AND his yogurt is sweeter then mine but I got enough of mine till Friday and I will do another shopping. I did pick up some Lindt chocolate and he picked up the TP and a loaf of bread - but I PAID .. .lol he can pay next time besides I get points for buying the little bags of mixed veggies. Anyway he carried the big TP and the wind blew against him and the TP he was having trouble walking it was so strong and cold !! I managed ok, it's my weight you see that anchors me LOL I wore my new shoes to help break them in and so far so good !!
    cqdyajp90g9p.gif
    o732awtd8w1i.gif

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

I will definitely post as I learn. That's kind of what last night was about. If I remember tomorrow I will post the name of the book we're reading.

Today has been mostly sunny, windy and chilly. It was also rest, weigh and TOPS day. I am down 1.25 lbs this week! Finally have the scale moving in the right direction. Now to keep it going. I was also the top loser of the group. This morning before the meeting started but after I weighed in I will laps around the room. It was funny some of the reactions I got. Normally I don't get there early enough to be able to do it. I also walked to and from the grocery store. On the way back I was carrying a 14 kg bag of dog food. Boy are my muscles sore. It was definitely a great workout. Calories are really high today but that's ok because I will be back on track tomorrow.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,429 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, WOOHOO that you got the migraine under control with 2 pills!! Hopefully they'll stop soon. And YEAH on a slow day too! Hope you enjoyed the day.
    @Patti241,,, any snow headed your way? Up here 6 to 12"s between Wed and Fri tonight blahhhh maybe a tiny bit, not worth mentioning UNLESS WOOHOO they are WRONG and we get more! LOL!
    @Lindiemaep ,, ENJOY Meeting tonight I will too. I'm going in person. Today I do feel better though not 100% of new normal, but enough to play. If it tires me out that's okay. Aww BOth Kitties were on the bed this afternoon when I laid down. Neither was upset both fell asleep. Awwww. STRONG WIND!!!
    @Cormierannie,, Did you tell your D to enjoy it while she can? Earlier this week I did remind my GD who as a teen thought school "was to hard, I spend to much time there!" of that conversation. I had told her someday she'd miss all the free time ,,, LOL She did the typical teen thing and rolled her eyes. WELL the other day she said "now I understand." I admit I DID GIGGLE and smile.
    @Catwmncat,, Awww TY TY TY The GAS UP Did help. When I said that to the ER Dr yesterday he did laugh!! Awwww they are doing better!! Izzy is not hissing hardly any more.
    @Kurtize,, ENJOY the beautiful weather!! Eighty is to much for me but lovely for others.
  • LindieMaeP
    I forgot to meal plan last night but dinner is a gouda cheese filled burger on a bed of lettuce with mushrooms, onion and french salad dressing - the coleslaw has an avocado ranch dressing ...
    Ikql2ktiow2bg.jpg
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    With the spring weather, I am finally outside more consistently. One of the smaller trees had uprooted, and I used the loppers to cut off the smaller branches. The mule was filled up four times with the remnants. Some of my muscles are speaking up tonight. My friend, Aleve, is quieting them down.

I sure feel for all those in line for the storms. In Missouri, we are in a donut hole and will have some rain and will continue with the warmer temps.

Tomorrow's word is FAITH.

kok80qf0iw6r.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    @Kurtize that sure sounds like lovely weather. Hope you were able to go outside and enjoy it today.
    @LindieMaeP Thats some crazy wind. Thought you were going to say Gene blew away, LOL! Many years ago when I worked at Walmart we always joked that it cost $50 to park at a regular store (don't think there are any left) and $100 to park at a supercenter... you can double or triple that these days, no such thing as one or two items once you're inside. Your burger "salad" looks Delish!😋 I've never seen or heard of white French salad dressing before.
    @NovemberGail using loppers to cut branches and overgrowth is exactly what got me in decent shape and helped me to lose the bulk of my weight. If only I could get the motivation back to play outside again. Bet you sleep well tonight.
    Tuesday's Eats
    zomr2loubv89.jpg
    Cottage Cheese/Yogurt with Berries and Dark Chocolate Chips to Break the Fast. Soup and Ham/Swiss Sammie for Dinner and Plain Caramel Rice Cakes for Dessert.
    Been trying to find my get up and go for a couple weeks now and I've come to the conclusion it got up and went.
    https://youtu.be/OdNQt4a6f7g
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,986 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Today we are expecting an snow and ice storm to come through. Not sure I will be online tomorrow as we may not have power. Just wanted you all to be aware. I will let you know how it all fairs tomorrow.

@LindieMaeP - I hope your meeting went well. That is good that you are moving it forward. I look forward to the time when I can switch to iphone. The wind was bad yesterday.
    @Catwmncat - It has been going pretty decently at work. Things are going to be busy today.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Nice that you were the top loser for your group.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am hoping it does better. We will just have to work through it. The head has been feeling better.
    @NovemberGail - Glad you are getting spring weather. We have ice storms today and tomorrow.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha