Airport Lounge Discussion

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,196 Member
    It’s 67 feels like 67 with a high of 68 today and rainy. Insight Timer Quote: Patience is bitter, but fruit is sweet.—Jean-Jaques Rosseau I AM: I am focused on enjoying life, and I find happiness everywhere I look. Axe Sharpening: Life is incredibly short. Stay present today.—Cavan Valance 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: Give sincere compliments to people you talk to today. Fitness Quote: The only bad workout is the one you didn’t do.—shutterstock.co Motivational Quote: Anything that’s not positive, I don’t have the energy to focus on it. Anything that’s not going in the right direction, I don’t have the time or energy.—DMX Closed all hearts on my Active 4 and had 12,160 steps yesterday. Training plan: Truck unload this morning at work then Full-Body Week 8, Day 3 and Claire’s Core Challenge Week 3, Day 3 in the gym this afternoon.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,197 Member
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. the snow has already started to come down outside. it is supposed to snow even heavier by the early evening here, with a chance of some ice pellets. then, overnight, there is also a chance of some freezing rain. i am getting my grocery shopping done early this afternoon, so i do not have to be outside when the snow is coming down even heavier. my daughter says hi to all. she is enjoying her time at school and she is spending a lot of time with her friends. next month is her birthday. she will be 18 years old by the end of next month and she is already making plans about what to do once she turns 18. i can remember when she was a newborn and i was able to take her for her first walk. where does the time go? she is such a lovely young lady. she enjoys learning new things every day. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Good morning everyone! First time posting here!

Beautiful picture @NovemberGail.

@Catwmncat - Hey Cat! Nice to see your post! That sandwich looks delicious!

@Tabatha_Cain - We are in the same path for that storm. They are predicting the worst ice and snow storm in 10 years for us! Stay safe and warm!

@macrat12 - WTG on closing all hearts! That is quite the step count. Love the quotes about giving sincere compliments to people and showing positivity!

@cormierannie- stay safe! Nice to get the shopping done and hunker down. Hello to your daughter! Way to go on the workouts!

Not sure if it will work but I’m going to try and post a picture from my hike Monday!

mm1dkv7aknnr.jpeg

• ginnaboots
    Its showing up really big on my end...lol. Not sure how to shrink it down!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 4,293 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -aw I hope you and her are both feeling well soon! Sometimes texting all day long is just what you need. We are getting snow showers and freezing rain.
    @NovemberGail -aw secret life of beagles.
    @Catwmncat -that sounds nice! Yeah we vacation in Florida every summer. It is definitely hot!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,037 Member
    Good morning folks, it's another iffy day weather wize here today but I'll muddle through it ok. I just have to remember to meal plan the night before ! Nothing much on my adgenda today so just chillin and will get my exercise in here and there in 10 min increments.
    @ginnaboots welcome welcome, post away as you wish .. the picture is lovely, on a cell phone it is not huge but on the desk top it is. There are several ways to measure the picture depending on the program you use. I use mostly my Android phone and amend it according to direction that @Catwmncat gave me. It works pretty good. Lets see. Go into Galary, select picture, select pencil like icon to adjust, select the three dots and then find the adjust icon and select how small. Most likely won't make sense till you actually go through it. On Iphone dunno never played with it and seldom post from Iphone. Maybe someone else knows. I should though since I love my Iphone !! But for now the droid does the pics. On the desktop, no idea still ahve to figure that one out ...
    @Catwmncat - The color of the dressing on the burger salad should have been a clue it was NOT French dressing, I never buy that LOL It was ranch but a differnt ranch from the Avocado. Hope your day is going well.
    @Tabatha_Cain stay as safe as you can and don't go out unless you have to with that weather, and having family across the Detroit River I be watching to see how they are doing, I hope they do not loose power but they may have a generator - my brother is in the process of retro fitting a van for camping ... their new lifestyle ... to each their own right ? Anyway, do stay safe and glad the migrain is slowly leaving.
    @NovemberGail beautiful picture indeed! Good word too !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 how was your meeting last night ? Ours went so fast ! it was good - did you manage in person ok? Had a lot on Zoom last night maybe because of the weather ... are you seeing snow ? Are you feeling ok today ?
    @everyone hello hello have a good Wednesday !!
    y4habqqazh1i.gif
  • ginnaboots
    @LindieMaeP - Thank you so much for telling me how to shrink it down. I will probably have to read it a few more times to actually do it....lol!

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Hi Diane! Hope you have a fantastic day dear sister!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a cold, snowy, rainy, and freezing rain. Had another great day of exercise. For my 3 mile HIIT walk video I decided to try with my weights as that's what I use to do. I was aiming for 1 mile with 3 pound weights but did almost 2 miles. Finished the video with no weights. Did some dishes and laundry, studied and played Wii sports with Hubby. Got my exam back and got 96% on it. Still need to check the one I got wrong to make sure I agree as I have found mistakes before. Supposed to be going to Ash Wednesday service tonight but not sure I want to take the chance of having to skate to and from Church.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,917 Member
    Happy Wednesday. As beautiful as it was yesterday, today rained most of the day. The sun did come out around 2, but pretty windy. Temps are nice 73. Organized my file cabinets, now I can find things.
    @LindieMaeP - that meal looked delicious.
    @CSEGUIN2 - congratulations on exam score.
    I will watch the zoom service of my church in Oregon's Ash Wednesday service. Have a great rest of the day.

aqt3h0hlp7pl.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    quxb7nw0fheo.jpeg
    iPhone picture of dinner
    e133odkodrbp.jpg
    This picture is from the droid - I played with both phones while my dinner cooled. Now I will enjoy it and hope you all enjoy your evening and what ever plans you have. I still need to get some stepping done, so will do that after dinner.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    @ginnaboots: Great place for hiking! Loved your photo, too.

@LindieMaeP: I had a wonderful dinner but your photos made me hungry all over again.

@Catwmncat: Loved the video--me get up and go has gone up and went. Especially after yesterday's workout. I slept throughout the night and got up at 9:30 a.m. Even my furries couldn't wake me.

Good evening everybody!

Weather is active throughout the States. Our temps got up to 70 and then the risk of tornadoes. We got the wind but no damage and no tornadoes in this part of the world. From the looks of our pond, we can still use the rain.

With the start of Ash Wednesday, I decided that one practice is staying away from Brownies. It seems like I went through a kind of withdrawal around 12:30 p.m. Looks like this will be a good Lenten practice.

Tomorrow's word is BIRTH.

A little warmth and a little rain and a little sun = Japanese irises

l57up8h2dite.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,429 Member
    @Catwmncat ,, LOL Hey I figure super stores mean SUPER SHOPPING!!! I pretty much stick with my list, even MORE so in one!! I'm pretty good at that too!
    @Tabatha_Cain,, Glad you are feeling a little bit better. Hope if you lose power you are prepared for that!! Horrible to be cold. That's the one thing that'd be very hard for me. Thankfully with the generator that's not an issue. Of course I lose everything else, but STILL!! And I can cook in the community room or if I were wishing to do so, set up a few things outside my door and bring out a few things. We did it on the top floor ,but it was quite a group up there, everyone always helped everyone.
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! Hope you'll be okay tomorrow!
    @Cormierannie ,,, Enjoy the storm.
    @Ginnaboots ,, HI GINNA!! WOOHOO!! SO HAPPY to see you herah!! ABOUT TIME you get some snow, we may get morah since ours is all snow of 8 to 12"s. I'd share, but well. LOLOLOL YOU KNOW ME!! LOLOLOL!!!
    @Bookienj,, BIG STORM this is indeed!! Seems like the upper 48 are mostly getting it and quite a bit!!! PLEASE BE SAFE!! Hopefully you do NOT need to go out. Awww Oscar is all curled up in my lap. A www why are kittens SO CUTE??? He's pretty big, but he'll be 10 months old soon. Almost full grown. Izzy is doing well, and she's back THANKFULLY in her regular routine!! PHEW!!! or almost.
    @Lindiemaep ,, HI Linda or is it Lindah!? Hehehehe ,, Sure hope you survived the wind okay. Careful for you too with the weather! I was able to be in person and really enjoyed that!! Now it' seems EONS ago which is funny because it was just over 24 hours ago!! Today is an "okay" snow should be here around 10:30 tonight so in about an hour. How did you cook the chicken? I can tell the 2nd picture on my computer is smaller, not a huge lot, but it is. THANKS!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, WOOHOO On the exam!! WTG!! WOW!! Hopefully it'll help you secure a job you'd enjoy when you find the one you'd like OH YOU'LL KNOW Instantly!!! WOW GOOD job on the walking with weights!! Glad you had a good day.
    @Kurtize,,, Oh we need the rain also. At 73 that's right about the PERFECT Temp in my book!! Hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow for you, but you KNOW I'll be so HAPPY watching MY SNOW FALLING DOWN!!! LOL As happy as I can be!! It's the simple things in life. There's just such a peacefulness when it's falling. YEAH YEAH on being organized!! I NEED to do that too!
    @Novembergail ,, how's the cooking coming along? Glad you enjoyed supper tonight!! It's always great when we do. I made my basic sauce tonight, it can be used for so much with some different spices added. LOL tonight a friend said "You have changed so much. You are now helping me to explore more with my own cooking." she has always cooked, nice to hear it. You can do the same!! LOVE the iris picture!!
  • LindieMaeP
    @NovemberGail sorry to make you hungry again, but it's mostly protein and good carbs ( corn is my fav it will always be a good carb even though it's really a grain!!) Lovely picture, thank you!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 that is one of the rotisary chicken legs I get from Safeway in packages of 4 or sometimes 5 - even 6 - I only eat dark meat and I prefer a rotisiary as it allows all the greeze to drip out and I dont' bring so much home. PLUS now they add spices on it, so like that too. Now about my name, you can call me Lindie, Linda or Lindr but NOT late for dinner eh !!! Never gonna happen .... LOL Glad Oscar and Izzy being good and you are suppose to keep the snow .. yet we might get it this weekend, in that case not going out. My knees really hurt today so had to put some oil on them - and double up on the meds... but hopefully it's just the arthritice from the change in weather and will be back to normal tomorrow. In Volunteer SErvice we were talking about April 4th, the Memorial, and that might be an inperson for me... we will see... it's such an important event! I'll do what I can eh !!
    I still need 5 min of exercise to get 120 to report so off I go ....
    dey584z41usl.gif
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,850 Member
    Wednesday's Eats
    Fast Breaker ~ Baked Oatmeal and Apple Chicken Sausage.
    Dinner ~ Creamy Gnocchi Chicken Soup
    After Dinner ~ Premier Protein Mixed Berry Cereal
    z7qnarh8cjyc.jpg
    Oh my goodness... I take a half a day off and look who has joined us....@ginnaboots!!!! Welcome to the Community. So nice to see you here, I think you will like it much better than the newsfeed... I do, all the cool people hang out here! Beautiful picture.
    @Tabatha_Cain Hope you keep your power and stay safe.
    @LindieMaeP I knew the white dressing was ranch, even told Diane on the phone, but just had to make sure 100% as you do have some different things in Canada. Your Dinner looks yummy. I think the color settings on the Droid make it look more appetizing.
    I don't have an iPhone so I don't know if this is helpful or not but here's a link to resizing pictures. https://www.howtogeek.com/726913/how-to-resize-or-reduce-photo-size-on-iphone-and-ipad/
    @NovemberGail Woo Hoo! You got some good, well deserved sleep!! When Lent is over and you get a craving for brownies you can make them with a box mix and can of diet soda. That's it, nothing else and they taste great if you get a giid mix and don't overbake. As a matter of fact they are so good I don't make them very often because I usually overindulge. https://www.thebakingfairy.net/2012/01/diet-coke-brownies/
    dqeahn1giv7t.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,429 Member
    @Lindiemaep , Sleep well!! @Ginnaboots is your convention nearby? Linda, LOLOL NEVER LATE for supper!! Learned as a kid with 4 brothers that was NEVER A GOOD Thing!! LOLOL!!! I LOVE the SMELL of chicken, but I am not a big eater of it though again I LOVE THE SMELL!!! I hope you can do the in person on 4/24. I'll do my BEST to also. I do enjoy in person so much more so. Are you AP in March? I am, well it's not been read yet, but very likely.
    @Catwmncat,,, LOL We caught up on the phone tonight.

If anyone hasn't joined the In Between Challenge we do suggest it so much . WHY? We've looked at those who do join (Back on Sparks when I was on the Dawggie team) those who stay on their team over the break are much more successful on the next challenge and during the break they continue all the healthy habits they've been working on.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,986 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning especially due to the storm that hit the some states. Here in Michigan it was suppose to be really bad. I am not seeing that here at least it is super bad. Still have to have some driving on the roads to be certain and some people in our area did lose power. We have not lost power but we still have some time with the storm before it is completely done. Today I have to work both jobs.

@ginnaboots - I hope you are safe. So far we have maintained power and things other than being icy seem to be ok. Love the photo of your hike.
    @LindieMaeP - Thank you. So far everything seems to be going good. It does look icy out so I am going to be careful when I go out.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Yeah they cancelled our Ash Wednesday service. They did not want people trying to get out in this weather.
    @NovemberGail - That is great that you decided what to give up for lent. I am still deciding. Probably won't do anything this year.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - So far we have not lost power. That could change since we still have this morning to go with the ice storm. My main concern is Joe driving 34 minutes to work this morning.
    @Catwmncat - For right now we are good. We still have power.

Well it is time to get ready to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,196 Member
    It’s 24 feels like 14 with a high of 38 today. Insight Timer Quote: If it is right, it happens-the main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.—John Steinbeck Axe Sharpening: Give yourself permission to stop playing small and live a big life.—Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. I AM: I allow myself to receive everything I desire. Action for Happiness: Be gentle with someone who you feel inclined to criticize. Fitness Quote: SORE. The most satisfying PAIN.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: If my mind can conceive it, if my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.—Muhammad Ali Closed all hearts on my Active 4 and had 12,892 steps yesterday. Training plan: Full-Body Week 8, Day 4: Active Recovery 45 min walk and Claire’s Core Challenge Week 3, Day 4: HIIT after work at home.
  • ginnaboots
    @LindieMaeP - Oh that chicken looks delicious! I like the second picture better, it shows the meal better. Of course I am partial to iphones....hahahaha! Love the picture of the penguin! If I were to go outside today that would be me! lol. We didn't get much of the storm the weather predicted, but it is icy out. All area schools closed. Our Memorial is usually at a community center as we combine two congregations. I would love it if we could have in at our hall, but ours is under renovation. We were hoping it would be done by then, but nope.

@Catwmncat - Nice to see you too! I missed you on the feed so I had to come find you! lol There's that yummy baked oatmeal! Will be making that this morning. That soup looks absolutely delicious! Are you serious...just the brownie mix and a diet coke! Now I am going to have to try that! Hope all is well for you.

@Tabatha_Cain - We didn't get much of the storm they predicted. Some ice and high winds for a bit, but nothing like they said it would be. That is just our area though, I am guessing others here in Michigan got it worse. Probably more north of us. Glad you are safe and didn't lose power.

@Dianedoessmiles1- our convention is in July about an hour and 20 minutes away. Used to be 3 hours away so I am happy. Will split it up into two weeks due to work schedule. I am hoping we can make all three days, but husband's anxiety levels will determine that. He has a chronic condition that causes him to have anxiety. Never had it until recently and it comes on all of the sudden.

@NovemberGail - I am glad you liked the picture. I hike a lot in some beautiful areas here in Michigan and take lots of pictures! Those Irises are beautiful. At first I thought they were crocuses. Purple is my favorite color!

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Diane: I was okay yesterday. Doing okay today so far.