WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    CW: 163.8

Ready to drop some pounds and get back to feeling like myself!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,143 Member
    Options
    Sunday, January 1, 2023:
    Hello fellow WaistAways!

I’m Chelsey, and I am saying goodbye to thinking about the past, and hello to thinking only about the future!

I live in New England with my husband and our dog, a beagle-mix. We enjoy Sydney Cummings Houdyshell’s workouts on YouTube, going to group fitness and spin classes, long walks with our pup, and I have found an appreciation for yoga.

The habits I want to form in January 2023 are:
    1️⃣ Prioritize my exercise time and workout intentionally 5 days a week.
    ➡️ If it’s 10 minutes of burpees because that’s all my schedule will allow that day, or a 60 minute spin class because it’s a light day, any intentional movement counts and I will no longer punish myself by creating a sense of failure by not “going hard” for 45 minutes or more a day.
    2️⃣ Eat and enjoy nutritious food 6 days a week.
    ➡️ I am changing how I think about “dieting” by focusing on foods that make me feel and taste great, and allowing room (~1 day a week) to enjoy the less nutritious foods. I will listen to my body; how hungry is it and what does it need, not “I should eat now because I’ve been taught that 12pm is lunchtime, even if I’m not hungry”

And finally, I thought it would be fun to create a little challenge for myself this January, so:
    🌟 Separate from my walks with my dog, I am going to walk/run/jog/skip at least a mile a day, to effectively hit 31 miles at the end of the month, weather permitting.

@ashleycarole86 - I’d like to join the step challenge this month, and set my goal for 5,000 steps. Thanks!
    I love that you are allowing a "loose" day per week. That is one of the things that helped me most during the active weight loss phase. Any time I had a craving or wanted more more more, I just said with glee "Saturday. I can have all the things on Saturday". Gradually Saturdays became less crazy, but having that time to relax and have whatever was really helpful. Sundays were back to the straight and narrow, and that was OK. Hard at first, but the rhythm became normal over time. I read a fantastic book last December that explained a lot about cravings - The End of Craving by Mark Schatzker. You might enjoy it!

I also like the idea of the "little challenge" for the month. 31 miles this month sounds great. Other people? What's your January little extra?
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year team! I have a MFP question: Because I have MFP connected to my FitBit, MFP adds exercise calories throughout the day as I move. Do you stick to your original calorie budget or do you use the updated amount MFP gives you? I guess the proof will be in the pudding if I log consistently and use the updated higher budget and still lose, but I'm curious what others do. Thanks!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed your "stop" reminds me of this video we were shown in one of my classes. It makes me laugh 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

squtfgerffyg.png
    oai34mjhcjjy.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    svm7ejt7zf0x.png

By Pounds
    d3k44ohtqujd.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8m9oimfsg8qc.png

By Pounds
    r8nss8hjdnq8.png
    itlgo748eqxk.png
    w3yxwo6smtub.png

Team Winners
    fb7x9ohtqjyr.png
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 4,755
    Mon 5,634
    Tues 9,070
    Wed 7,899
    20 min elliptical
    Thurs 9,810
    20 min elliptical
    20 min Barre
    10 min Pilates
    Fri 11,646
    30 min elliptical
    Sat 7,905
    35 min strength
    10 min Barre
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,158 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz Glad you're sticking around. We can all relate to that feeling, you're among friends for sure...
    Happy New Year, let's make 2023 amazing!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,158 Member
    Options
    Meals12 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 I would love to join the step challenge please - 10,000

Got you down - wonderful to have you on board!
    Ruptured ACL... wow, that must have been so painful.

• zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I would love to join the step challenge please. My goal is 5000 steps
This discussion has been closed.