WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Just checking in..it was a bit of a chaotic day and...back at work like many of you. I feel good about my food choices and quantity. Someone earlier was asking about pre-logging? I do best at tracking my food when I pre-log - usually as I lay in bed the night before OR if I made up something in bulk that I plan to have every day (soup,salads,oatmeal,etc) - I copy it from day to day and get it in there. So if my day changes, I just delete or adjust quantities, but I find it helps to have a plan already in my food diary.

@conleywoods love the gingerbread village photo - and the sled into them plan :D
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    CW for January 1st is 179.8, ugh, lol.

Still, not 180, so, I'll take it. And now to make progress.

Last night was my first gym night of the new year, and I did this backward arch, except with my hands on the chair seat:
    qk9y0mxcmr69.png

The instructor said it looked very pretty. :love: The room is covered in mirrors, I saw myself, it did look pretty good.

I've got crock pot bulgogi on for later, and I'll put it over either normal rice if I have enough calories, or cauliflower rice if I don't. Breakfast and lunch are packed (chicken sausage with egg whites, and two soy marinated eggs with tumeric sweet potatoes and chimicurri), looking forward to a good day diet-wise. Almost forgot my apple, gotta go do that.

Have a great day, everyone!

ETA goals for 2023! I'd like to be solidly 160 by the end of the year, if I can't hit goal, which I might- 150. There is a chasm between 160 and 150 for me, in my experience.

2023 will be the Year of the Split- I'm going to do a split at least one way (straddle, front left, or front right) by the end of the year. It will take almost daily practice to get there.

Workout goals: at least 4 classes a week, 240 minutes.

@CupcakeCrusoe you have until Friday to work on that number!! I'm sure you'll make a dent in it and make the gap with 180 bigger :smiley:

That chair backbend looks amazing - and I sure wish I could still do the splits...

My heart goes out to all of you heading back to the office, the classroom, and the wild work environment. I'm seeing a lot of good plans and attitudes though - Hang in there!! :heart:

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,156 Member
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 @CupcakeCrusoe
    Got your goals down for January!

On that note - final call for anyone who was participating in the December step challenge who still wants to get me your steps for the final week (Dec 25-31)

1/2 exercise:
    6333 steps + 37 minutes Peloton
  • jugar
    Options
    Good to see you @kto0194 ! You must miss working horses so much, and I know what you mean about having exercise become something that is somehow separate from "normal" life. Work that involves a lot of exercise is fantastic, but injuries can sure force a change. Keeping active feels good though - I hope you find some enjoyable ways to keep at it. It helps with depression too. Hugs to you!

Time for the Wednesday crowd to line up and get ready:
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads

Still hoping for overdue weigh-ins:
    @annieo22
    @Major_Psy_Girl

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe I'm working on not snacking so I have more periods of time when my body isn't making insulin. The health coach suspects I have insulin resistance so we are trying new things. Tea and coffee are fine and do help a ton! Artificial sweetener of any kind are out for snacks because your body makes insulin when you eat them. I was told to expect cravings. It is just hard. Hope it gets better and I might need a tea pot at work!

@lauren_989 Great job this week 👏 I have heard a similar message which was you either decide to have weight loss day or not. If it's your birthday you might want to decide today is not a weight loss day. Same idea, it's a choice we must make.

@kto0194 I also had my gallbladder out after a 40 lb loss. I felt so much better after I had it removed!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I could as easily be called 'soupfreak' - one big batch of M.Stewart's veg & bean soup coming up.
    @lauren_989 like that quote "you are not cheating, you are making a choice to deviate from your goals." and I do like the idea of allowing a loose day.
  • jugar
    Options
    I think I could be 'stewfreak' @eggfreak - I make lots of soups, but they are always as thick as stews! Veg and bean soup is always wonderful. I made two batches of lentil soup while I was at my mom's, and it is always on the rotation too.

@lauren_989 I like that statement as well - thanks for sharing it! Choosing not to make progress towards your goal for a day can be OK sometimes, but the clarity of thinking of it in that way is good.

I am having a tired day, and I also got stuck into a banking telephone nightmare that went on for WAY too long. Hopefully someone is calling me tomorrow to fix the problem. It is completely frustrating - in order to do a particular transaction they need to send me a code on my cell phone, but they will not send it to my Canadian number. When I try to change it to a different method, they want to send a code on my cell phone but they cannot because... etc. One ridiculous runaround after another. Grrrrrr. In any case, that + covid made me tired today! It is about the only symptom that is bothersome, and I cannot wait for it to go away.

The to-do list (which has been the procrastination list for the past week) is growing. Need to get at some of this stuff tomorrow! Today's try at the banking was a bit discouraging 😨

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune Congrats on having your offer accepted. Now the fun begins…
This discussion has been closed.