WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    zankash23 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 I would love to join the step challenge please. My goal is 5000 steps

Fantastic!! Got you marked down to join us
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Steps for this past week. W/o 12/25/22

Sunday 2795
    Monday 4872 + 13 minutes Pilates
    Tuesday 6867
    Wednesday 9511
    Thursday 5419
    Friday 5288
    Saturday 9585
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    It has been a good 1st day of January. My case of covid is less tiring today, so I got in a nice long ramble in the woods (slow, but beautiful!), a short Pilates session, and 45 minutes on the exercise bike while watching an exciting show. It feels good to move more - I am SO bored from sitting around and resting for the past few days. I hope to test negative soon so I can really get back to things.

So yes @ashleycarole86 I'll be back on the steps/exercise roster this month! I put my step tracker back on this morning.

And now for the nightly nag!! You know you love it! :wink:
    Who's up for weigh-ins?

@annieo22 (hoping you are still with us!)
    @Major_Psy_Girl (due today - you are new and I hope you find this spot!)
    @CarolAnnM2
    @MoonlitMuse
    @kto0194
    @cleaneater80

Thanks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Brad and I were both hung over today (boo!) but I convinced him to join me and the dog for a long walk to celebrate the start of the New Year and to set the right intentions. We went for over 7 km in the city and even ran into some friends on the walk. It was nice.

We only ate two meals today as we got up late. Calories on track, no alcohol, water drank... habit tracker is full of green for the first day!

Hair of the dog ✅
    Water ✅
    GREEN!!! ✅

Looks good to me :smiley:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    Ok folks, I did a HIIT workout on New Year's Eve and my leg muscles are STILL screaming at me! The hobbling is real - LOL. Tells me I need to be doing more lower body strength.. I tend to skip it because I ride the bike a lot and my legs are fairly strong, but that's clearly different than doing squats and such... this proves to me trying to be well rounded is a good thing.

Proud to report steps for Jan week 1:
    1/1 - 13,002 steps
    The weather is beautiful again today. We'll get out, but not for quite as long. I hope to supplement with either a bike ride or some strength training (but it'll have to be upper body, LOL)

Last day of time off for the holidays before my company re-opens. I am trying not to think about it, or only to think about it in powerful ways. Work got the best of me Sep-Dec, and I am so much happier when I'm not there. So, I need to find ways to stay on track when I'm back, and not let those emotions derail me

@jugar
    I'm glad you explained your strategy because I just went into the habit tracker and saw all the green and had to check I didn't accidentally hit shift and select a bunch of your rows. LOL. It all makes sense now. Good plan - commit early and don't let yourself down!!
This discussion has been closed.