WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar - I saw all your green in the habittracker :D happy to learn the reasoning and I love it, take another tack with your brain.

fake it 'til you make it!
  • jugar
    Options
    Here's @ashleycarole86 after her leg day! :wink:
    scavf737zo4h.png

It is always amazing how rubbery legs can get, eh? Happy recovery!

Still missing some weigh-ins - let's catch up!
    @annieo22
    @Major_Psy_Girl
    @MoonlitMuse
    @kto0194
    @cleaneater80

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Wow! What a busy day in here. I have been away from the computer all day, and will do some catching up later! First, it is Pilates and then EATING. I am so hungry, but will hold off until I earn that green check mark! I am loving the new year energy - back later...
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute.... It's Tuesday. My weigh in day is Friday. I weighed in this morning because I had a rescheduled hockey game last night and I always weigh in the morning after hockey... With the holidays messing with my internal calendar I lost track of the day of the week. I know it's the third.... But that is was Tuesday? Nope.... Lol
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

This is Jim from southern Utah here in the US (new username: jimprogress). I'm a 48 year old dad of four and teach at a university.
    I'm excited to be a part of this group. I only have roughly 20 lbs to lose, but it's the same weight I've been wanting to lose since I became an adult. Except for a short stint where I gained extra with medication (and then lost it once I stopped), my weight hasn't fluctuated too much.

I've tried several diets over the years, but then quickly tire of them or get discouraged when my weight doesn't change right away. Complicating this is my hypoglycemia - which means I have to eat every few hours or I get a headache, irritable and/or faint.

At this point, I know a few things about myself when it comes to losing weight:
    1. Most like I will lose weight slowly, meaning I have to create a sustainable lifestyle with this, not just some quick weight loss gimmick. At this point I would be content to lose one to three pounds a month.
    2. I also know I can do well during the week when I'm at work and I can be on a schedule, but the weekends I tend to get lax. So I need to apply the same stringency over that time period rather than snacking all day long and giving in to every dessert that comes my way.
    3. I do better when I have other people I am accountable to and can check in with.
    4. Low carb tends to suit me better. I feel best when I cut the sugar/white flour and other high carb culprits.
    5. Overall, consistency will be key.

Looking forward to joining you guys on this journey.
    Thanks for the intro! What do you teach in university?

Your plan is terrific - and identifying some things you need to watch out for is very wise. Just ignoring them somehow does not make them go away! Diet and tracking boredom is real. You will rebel sometimes for sure - I found the "one free day per week" thing helped a lot. I was good at keeping off the flour and sugar and their friends if I knew Saturday (or whatever day you like) was more free. I did not go too crazy, but it helped to put off cravings by having that day coming up each week. Losing a pound or two per month is doable for sure - and the changes will be permanent. Be sure to stop by here often - even if it is to moan and complain. That's when you need the encouragement (and kicks in the butt!) the most.
    My name is Joann and I'm thrilled to be part of the group. I apologize this week is busy being home with my daughter over the winter break but a short bio. I'm a RN and work full time in Edmonton Alberta and also taking my masters online. I have a 8 year old daughter and a new 7 month old German Shepherd puppy which is keeping us on our toes. Our last GSD we had to put down a few months ago and after a short time decided we needed another in the family.

I"m hoping that by being in this group I can gain some better habits and strategies for dealing with stress.
    Another Albertan! I'll be in Edmonton in February or early March - maybe we can say hi. My daughter lives in Wainwright. Yep, she's in the Army. I'm a huge fan of German Shepherds and hope you and your daughter are having a blast with the puppy!

Stress is something that is discussed a lot in here! It is a vent-when-needed zone, and then hopefully you can take a deep breath and get on with what you need to do without inhaling an entire day's worth of calories in one go. I'm retired from most of the craziest stress, but will sit back and offer advice anyhow :wink:
This discussion has been closed.