Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Replies

• TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    We spent the weekend in west Texas. Did a lot of work at the ranch. We had an issue with the tractor not wanting to start, but after we charged the battery, we were able to shred the roads and do a bit of clean up. Jason is enjoying his classes this semester, I think his favorite is going to be History of Rock and Roll.

@JenHul - Sending you hugs.

@Armygirlarmyof1 - the prep is the hardest part. Wishing you a positive result.

@SavageMrsMoose - awesome job on the race.

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    @JenHul I’m sorry to hear about your week. That’s tough. Sending thoughts your way.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    edited January 2023
    6fxg0c7zilen.jpg
    Missing the following three weigh ins from this week:

@messycreator x2
    @Nixoncat1 x2
    @ewilhelm2487

Stats begin early tomorrow morning, so please post ASAP! Thanks!

Steppers, post your steps from week 2 please! Thanks!
    Jessica

I wasn't sure if you needed me to weigh in, you said you would let the mod know and you give them some time and I didn't see amything from you if I was good to go or not! Do you want me to weigh in for this week?
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Ty @Savagemsmoose, I ended up canceling. I've had sinus issues for 3 days now and just started some meds. The headache has finally easing but the congestion can go now. I moved it up 1 week.

@nancyinmo , gl with your move back to the coast gf.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    @TexanMom8152 , ty. I had to move it up 1 week. Sinus issues for 3 days.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    @TexanMom8152 , where at in Texas are you? I loved living in Texas but moved back to Missouri in 2017 because of my daughter and her family. I lived in west Texas in a little town in the middle of nowhere called Ft. Stockton, 90 s of midland and Odessa
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited January 2023
    I haven’t had a chance to add as much support and encouragement as I would have liked this week. My apologies!

@TexanMom8152 - It sounds as though you worked hard on the ranch in west Texas. I’m guessing that burns some serious calories. You’re resourceful, too, in solving problems and changing batteries, etc. — rock on!

@JenHul - How tragic! I’m so sorry to hear the news about all the grief and loss you’ve been experiencing. I appreciate your reminder to make the best of each day. I was feeling a little sorry for myself because of some difficult family circumstances today and your comment helped me gain perspective.

@ewilhelm2487 - I’m glad you’re feeling better. You had quite the ordeal, with that tough series of health concerns. Welcome back!

@Armygirlarmyof1 - The extra days focusing on a low-fiber diet will probably be helpful. My second screening was so much better than my first one because I didn’t realize I should start the clear liquid diet and other preparation a week before the procedure. The first time, I just started the diet changes the day before the colonoscopy, and had an afternoon appointment. Now, I prefer a morning procedure and start drinking clear liquids and eating low-fiber foods much earlier. It’s the deepest rest I ever get though! 😴

Congratulations to you and your daughter @SavageMrsMoose on completing the half marathon. What an achievement!

I see a lot of other success — getting through a tough day or week, disruption to usual schedules due to travel, etc.! Hurray for overcoming obstacles and sticking with it despite challenges.

Great work, steppers! The Shape Shifter team members are always inspiring.
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    edited January 2023
    Gm yall. Tomorrow I have to do a liquid diet for the colonoscopy on Thursday. I wonder how much weight I'll lose doing it 🤔. This should be fun right? NOT.....

I hope your colonoscopy goes well. My dad needed to have two of them recently and the liquid you need to drink is no fun! Best of luck for Thursday <3

• kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    🗓 Daily Check-in: 17 Jan

Under by around 100 calories today. I feel like I’m getting a cold, and I am hoping it doesn’t turn into a sinus infection again, as my last one was awful. I’ve been getting a bit more steps in recently (not a lot, but it’s something :D ). I recently found out that i “likely” have PCOS, and will find out for sure soon, but that’s one more reason to lose this excess weight!

Daily Steps Challenge

👣 15 Jan: 4,128
    👣 16 Jan: 5,427
    👣 17 Jan: 6,571
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    I wasn't sure if you needed me to weigh in, you said you would let the mod know and you give them some time and I didn't see anything from you if I was good to go or not! Do you want me to weigh in for this week?

Sorry @ewilhelm2487...my oversight. Apologies. It's been a crazy week for me.
    Jessica

• jessicakrall8
    @ewilhelm2487 I excused you since you were waiting to hear back from me. The MODS moved you back and you weigh in on Saturdays now, so just weigh in this coming Saturday. Sorry again for not telling you it was ready. I guess I figured you see it on the chart...no worries! Hope you're having a good week!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Forgot to post on Monday!
    PW: 303.5
    CW: 304.1
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,178 Member
    Daily step goal: 5,000
    Sun 1/15: 6,375
    Mon 1/16: 5,122
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,552 Member
    Check-in ~ January 17
    Steps: 17.699
    Calorie deficit: no
    Workout: no
    Vitamins: yes
    Sleep: 9h 0m / 74 score
    Another bad day. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose Congratulations on your half marathon race! So inspiring that you did it and alongside your daughter!!

@Lynniebinny76 nice loss and awesome to hear about your blood sugars!

@jenhul sorry to hear that tragic news and for your difficult week, hang in there
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    Step check-in and what I've been up to for exercise this week.
    My goal is 14K.

1/13: 15,419 30mins of weights + a couple dog walks
    1/14: 16,096 Coached 2hrs of kids hockey practice! I was very tired physically and mentally after that.
    1/15: 15,029 1hr hockey game + walking
    1/16: 13,653 Intentional rest day. Was very tired after an active weekend. Dog walking only.
    1/17: 17,076 40min jog with my dog + a 30min dog walk
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Steps:
    1/15 4,462
    1/16 6,134
    1/17 8,096
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    Yukie_OP

Steps Update (daily goal 6,000):
    1/13/23 - 11,255
    1/14/23 - 6,478
    1/15/23 - 4,857 (Sunday didn't intentionally walk - focused on studying)
    1/16/23 - 14,170
    1/17/23 - 13,407
This discussion has been closed.