Jaw-Dropping January!

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 4,060 Member
    Sorry you didn't sleep well, Nanc. I hope that things are okay at work. I know how hard it is when you're worried about things, to get your mind to stop spinning.

I, on the other hand, slept a LOT over the past 14 hours, and feel pretty okay now. My boss mentioned the sudden coughing/stuffy thing might have been from the brick dust being created as he's having some work done on our building. I am almost betting he's right since I feel so much better now, and it doesn't take much to fire up my crazy sinuses/allergies. I think my biggest problem is I'm just worn out from stress and grief over the past few weeks.

Starting TODAY, I'm back to daily yoga followed by mindfulness practice at bedtime, and I'm also looking for a coach to come into the office and work with all of us because we're all stressed out. My boss was totally cool with the idea and willing to pay for it.

So I'm taking it easy today. Will do laundry and some prepping like cleaning greens, making salad dressing, roasting broccoli and cauliflower, chopping salad veggies, etc. The basic plan will be green smoothies for breakfasts, big ol' salad with chickpeas for lunches. Dinners will be cooked veggies, beans of some sort, and a grain or potato. Snacks will be cut up veggies (have cucumber, celery, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sweet peppers) and apples or clementines.

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,364 Member
    Spring, I hope you love the yoga class with the replacement instructor just as much! I keep trying to get back into yoga with Joe. I also love Ezekiel english muffins.

Nanc, I hope the work change benefits everyone and that you don't get flak for it. I'm rooting for you re the fasting & surgery.

Mihani, glad you didn't catch a nasty cold or flu though inhaling rennovation dust or whatever it was doesn't sound great. I'm interested to hear how the coaching goes.

We just finished batching and kitchen cleanup. I didn't remember to check the time at the beginning, but I'm guess around 3 hours with the two of us. Chopping everything first is very helpful. We're also getting better at keeping things tidy and organized as we go.

8dhbvc48oeot.png

I made another table runner, and now I'm finally getting around to binding a quilt that I've had waiting for 2 or 3 years. After that are 3 quilts in various stages of completion. The first quilt for my parent's anniversary (lucky they have one every year lol) and the other 3 are for my niece and nephews.
    The little table runner projects were to get me back into sewing, then I follow it up with finishing up other projects. I can't get enthused about finishing things up so I have to get the momentum going first.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited January 2023
    Mihani, too bad the yoga is only virtual, I don't think I'd like that too much. Our instructor, Janeen, sometimes reads poems at the end too! I hope your stuffy nose is just building related.
    Magic, sorry to hear you didn't sleep well, I hope you don't get flack from your co-workers.
    Carla, that menu sounds delish (again)! Hope you enjoy them all.
    I found out on Friday that the temp yoga instructor will be staying on WOOHOO! It'll be on different days (which are unfortunately the days I usually take step classes) so I'll have to play around with my schedule and figure out what I want to do.
    I started my second clean eating week - no packaged foods. I had a really good baked sweet potato today and all of the salads I've made so far have been very good and filling. The recipes are from the book Proteinaholic. Next week I'm going to incorporate some tofu and tempeh back into my meals, and a few sauces (hot sauce, soy sauce and the like), but I'm still going to avoid the frozen veggie burgers, meals, etc. I'm really trying to get them out of my meals. Oh, and I'll be having an Ezekiel english muffin or three (or 6-that's just one a day right?) :p
    BTW - Has anyone here tried to make homemade sprouted bread?
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    edited January 2023

30sxedne9fdt.jpg

• Marilynsretired

6fnclznvrosq.jpg

• Mihani
    Another 100% WFPB day down. I usually find the longer I stick to it the less the cravings appear. I re-read parts of the Engine 2 Seven Day Rescue yesterday and always find that motivating. I'm going to meet up with some friends tomorrow after work. I'll take my dinner to the office and eat it before I go. Not much in the way of vegan food at this place regardless so I wouldn't eat anyway. Will try to stick to club soda with lime, but if I cave and decide to have a cocktail I won't beat myself up.

Didn't get my broccoli and cauliflower roasted this weekend so I'm getting ready to do that now. Also going to make a pot of brown rice and cook up a skillet full of onion, mushrooms and kale. Might make cheezy chickpeas to top my rice and veggie bowls or I'll just use plain chickpeas and salsa.
  • Marilynsretired
    Today was my weigh in day - lost 0.4 of a pound which I am so thankful for as the last 3 weeks I have gained so am back on track - now just to finish taking off the 2 pounds I have gained and all will feel better.

gtc47vbcgfyd.jpg

• Mihani
    Congrats on the loss, Marilyn! Sometimes we can't even explain why the scale does what it does, and it can be easy to get discouraged so yay for you sticking with it.

Okay y'all the veggie and rice bowl I made last night was great and enough for dinners through Thursday. I roasted broccoli and cauliflower with coconut aminos and no-salt seasoning like I usually do. Also made a skillet of onion, mushrooms and kale which I seasoned with garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, turmeric, black pepper. Threw the veggies in a bowl with brown rice and topped with a very simple sauce that I whipped up from tahini, miso, rice vinegar, ginger. Sooo yummy.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited January 2023
    YOU ladies yayasisters.gif
    have been busy...love it!

I go back to work tomorrow ...so we will see what kind of fallout there is from my suggestions.
    Everyone is doing so well with their eating...urocksmileys.gif

Today, CT scan for a better picture of what is going on with my knee ...robotic surgery.

I changed the start date of 15 days guided reboot because I have two lunch dates: This Sunday and Tuesday (PITA JUNGLE, lots of vegan options but still eating out), so it is fitting as it is now February 1st. Valentine's month...doing something loving for yourself. 4uboxsmiley.gif

Busy these days, getting organized (it's never-ending, eh?) so that things go smoothly after surgery.

Nothing else new.

Very proud of all of you for being so diligent with your programs....keep it up.

today

just egg frozen
    cabbage slaw base salad with daring chik'n and cukes, bell peppers, onion added in (two meals)
    carrot orange ginger lemon juice
    ninja creami

Make it a good one, mates! tribal2.gif

PS Sleeping better ... the first night the situation was so raw...I kept playing the entire work thing over and over in my head. The distance from it has definitely helped.

FIVE THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR TODAY:

1. I slept pretty well to get things accomplished today.
    2. I have good health insurance to allow me to have my knee replaced.
    3. I have a healthy LULU to love.
    4. I have a home with heat in the winter and AC in the summer.
    5. I have a community of good people here, who are supportive and value a vegan lifestyle.

• Marilynsretired

b52izzrlx8kb.jpg

• SparkSpringtime69
    Marilyn, good job on the weigh loss.
    Magic, good luck at work tomorrow.
    Mihani, your dinner sounds delicious.
    I actually wore a pair of pants yesterday afternoon that I haven't been able to fit in in DECADES! I'm super excited to be shopping in my drawers to find newly refitting stuff.
  • Mihani
    Hope everything is fine at work today, Nanc. Enjoyed your gratitudes. :)

Yay for clothes from the closet, Spring!

I have been sticking well with my plan and the scale is moving again. I get discouraged when the scale stops responding even though I know the only way through is to keep at it. I gained several pounds back when I started playing around with the vegan protein powders, etc. recommended at the gym. I know better but I did it anyway. I need to stick with WFPB and let the macros take care of themselves.
  • magic71755
    0r7aae8hssy0.jpeg
  • Marilynsretired

ehdo2g2j6gme.jpg

• magic71755
    edited January 2023
    Morning, lovelies! morningalphorn.gif

Doesn't seem there was too much fallout from my suggestions of how to improve things around my workplace. What I did learn is ...keep my mouth shut. NOTHING really changed. So all that anxiety I experienced was really for nothing. Just go to work, do my job, be a happy, grateful employee and call it a day.

today's plan

coffee
    two carrot juices throughout the day
    salad with daring chic'n and a whole granny smith apple thrown in for crunch and tang
    fresh pineapple
    carrots and celery and *kitten*'n sauce
    ninja creami

Plan: Beginning 2/1 for five days, salads and juice. (I moved my luncheon dates to this Sunday and Tuesday) Then juice only for ten days. Fingers crossed.
    Have a glorious day, everyone. I have to go finish prepping my meals for today. pinksmileyf.gif
  • magic71755
    Kitten* sauce is actually $itch’n sauce …yum!

Auto correct…$=B
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Mihani, sorry to hear your scale isn't moving, I'm sure it'll shift down soon if you keep with the WFPB.
    The nutritionist at my gym wanted me to add a protein powder when I was doing the weight loss challenge, but I told her I wouldn't do that - I've never really liked the idea of 'packaged' nutrition. I do take a couple of vitamin supplements but that's it.
    I'm almost done with my second week of WFPB, no processed foods. It's funny, towards the end of the first week I started craving a pizza (sooo many commercials on TV for one of the pizza chain's new items). But now, at almost the two week mark, I'm really, really craving tofu, especially a peanut tofu buddha bowl that I frequently make.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Magic, thanks for clarifying the *kitten* sauce, I was very confused :)
  • Marilynsretired

xhk01mqjahcc.jpg

• Marilynsretired

wev14laoan8j.jpg