Physical Challenge: Fibromyalgia

Options
Grimmerdhore
Grimmerdhore Posts: 66 Member
Last night was a night filled with intense pain caused by fibromyalgia. I took my fibro meds and went to bed, and even fell asleep as soon as the pain subsided some. However, only an hour later I was startled awake with the pain coursing through my body. I took my fibro meds again, but the pain was so intense it drove me out of bed. So last night was sleepless for me.

However, I didn't let that derail my peace. The fibro meds brought the pain level down so that it was manageable, so I spent the night hours in deep study on something of particular interest to me. Before I knew it the sun was up and it was time to start my day, so I fixed a cup of coffee and began my morning routine.

As expected, I became sleepy mid-afternoon, but I refused to nap because it will interfere with my ability to sleep tonight at the desired bed time. So I've had a productive day, relatively pain free despite the way it started in early morning. Now I'm ready to start winding down my day and spending time with my online friends for a while before bedtime.

I hope your day went well too.

Replies

• Grimmerdhore
    Options
    Last night I startled awake by sudden intense pain, but it ceased quickly so that I was able to get some good rest. I got up when the alarm went off and had a full day today. I even had enough spare time to spend an hour reading, which is something I want to prioritize in 2024.
  • Grimmerdhore
    Options
    I had another sleepless night last night due to pain. It seemed more intense than it has been and made for a long night. However, toward morning dawn, the pain relented and allowed me some time to study before starting my day. I hope you had a better night than I did.