Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I saw my new Dr yesterday ... I fired my old doctor ... I am in a hard cast now ... He said my ankle is not properly healing ... He said if it is not healed in 3 months that he will need to put plates in ... I swear it is never ending with me ughhhh

Good call firing the old doctor. I really hope this one can get you squared away.. You've been fighting this long enough.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN Saturday

PW: 255.5 lbs (Sunday)
    CW: 257.1 lbs

Fortunately, I got that wardback.

PW: 257.1 lbs
    CW: 255.5 lbs

There it is!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw 230.8
    Cw 229.2

Thank you!

Good stuff, my friend!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day: wednesday
    PW 235 (106,6 kg)
    CW 229.3 (104 kg)

This is going ok, getting my daily steps up is indeed a challenge for me..

Whoa! What a beast!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @itladyee

Oh, wine.. It sucks when your best friend is your worst enemy.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 418
    CW - 413

Shout out to my scale for keeping the numbers whole.. math is tough. Been a solid two weeks after that baby plateau- Couldn't been happier!

I had a mini goal of 415 to earn a nice pair of walking shoes. Just threw on my new adidas and really appreciating the cushion! I was a crocs only guy through the 6 and 5 hundreds, so this support is game changing.

Much love yall! Hope your week is going well!

Another great loss! And congratulations on the new shoes!
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    @aactuallyaash
    Congrats on the loss!

@Hotspur11
    I think it’s great that you posted. It’s always easy to post when we have a loss but weight is never a straight line. Ups and downs are normal. I was trying to remember what part of the world you live in. Is it New Zealand?

From NZ, but live in Australia
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 418
    CW - 413

Shout out to my scale for keeping the numbers whole.. math is tough. Been a solid two weeks after that baby plateau- Couldn't been happier!

I had a mini goal of 415 to earn a nice pair of walking shoes. Just threw on my new adidas and really appreciating the cushion! I was a crocs only guy through the 6 and 5 hundreds, so this support is game changing.

You are so inspiring! And you definitely deserve those new walking shoes!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw: 184 lb
    Cw 182.6 lb
    Loss: 1.4lb

Worked hard for that this week! Good to see what i earned turn up on the scales 🙂
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Mar 8, 2024)
    PW: 243.3
    CW: 242.3

It was a good week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

I've tried to figure out how to reply to a post and get the post in where I reply to, but failed 😆 I'm mostly using the App.. Please enlighten me 🙏

I had a great week, eating wise. Keto gives me so much satisfaction.. I really love the things I eat, which when I'm on a regular 'diet', couldn't eat without a real dislike.. Like broccoli or Brussels sprouts, with keto they go down like it was candy 😆

The real struggle is being active and getting my daily 6000 steps in.. I have fibromyalgia and besides being very stiff and in pain I also have multiple days in a week where I'm so tired I really can't get anything done.. Going outside and walk than feels like going to do a marathon.. The more I push, the more my body & mind resists, so I'm trying to do as much as possible, and that might be, on some days, not much..

I use the app also. Click on the quote in the bottom left hand side of the post. Then make your reply underneath. Give it a try.

I don’t have fibromyalgia but I can relate to pain. With both osteo and rheumatoid arthritis I get pain. I have nerve pain which I believe is what fibromyalgia causes. You just got to take the good days and rest on the bad. I know weight loss has helped me immensely. Of course, the medication is also helpful so I can’t say how much is from weight loss and how much is from the new medication. Bottom line do what you can. On the days that the bone weary fatigue (my description) hits don’t fight it. Rest and go do your marathon on the days you feel good.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Ok, so last week I gained for the first time since starting my journey over a year ago and the scale is not budging despite super clean eating and lots of intentional exercise I’m about half way to my goal. Could this be the beginning of a plateau and how do I break it?

One gain in a year is amazing. I wouldn’t call it a plateau until it’s been going on for a few weeks. If it is a plateau i would mix up my exercise. The body needs a change. Have you changed your calorie goal since losing weight?
    @lindamtuck2018

Thursday Weigh-In

PW: 123.4
    CW: 123.2

Nice loss!
    3/3-10,058
    3/4-10,442-10 minutes walking and core work
    3/5-11,202-10 minutes kickboxing and core work
    3/6-8,867-30 minutes of rowing and some stretching. Judging by my hip pain currently I am guessing I didn't do enough hip stretches.

We are getting an 8-week-old German Shepherd puppy today. So, my workouts will be a little different I am thinking. A lot more walking outdoors.
    How exciting! A new workout partner. Did you pick a name?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 418
    CW - 413

Another amazing loss! Enjoy those new shoes. You certainly earned them.

Hotspur11 wrote: »
    @aactuallyaash
    Congrats on the loss!

@Hotspur11
    I think it’s great that you posted. It’s always easy to post when we have a loss but weight is never a straight line. Ups and downs are normal. I was trying to remember what part of the world you live in. Is it New Zealand?

From NZ, but live in Australia

Both places I would love to visit.
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw: 184 lb
    Cw 182.6 lb
    Loss: 1.4lb

Worked hard for that this week! Good to see what i earned turn up on the scales 🙂

Congrats on the loss!
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Mar 8, 2024)
    PW: 243.3
    CW: 242.3

It was a good week!

Glad your good week paid off.

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 216.4
    CW: 218.0

Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!! Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳

Recap: Yep, there it is on the scale. Thought maybe it would go quickly down....ok next week.

- THOUGHTS: Meh

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/3 8,907 ST = None
    3/4 8,870 ST = 15
    3/5 8,005 ST = 15
    3/6 7,080 ST = 15
    3/7 7.977 ST = 15
    3/8
    3/9

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    Ending January - 215.8 (7.8)
    Ending February - 216.4 (+0.6/7.2)
    3/1 216.4
    3/8 218.0
    3/15
    3/22
    3/29
    Total Gain 0.0 Total loss 0.0
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 418
    CW - 413

Keep it up! And never wait to buy yourself shoes. Your feet deserve the best, all the time.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 230.4
    CW: 230.2

Step Goal: 6,000
    3/3 - 7,112
    3/4 - 7,948
    3/5 - 6,236
    3/6 - 6,259
    3/7 - 7,899
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    I'm doing the hard 75 challenge, in the challenge you are supposed to take a selfie every day. I just wanted to point out how important it is to take these on throughout your weight loss journey. I NEVER took pictures of myself. It was really hard to find a before picture. In the beginning of my journey I also didn't take any. Those around me (and myself) didn't see much difference because I've been taking it off real slow and they (and I) saw me every day. It wasn't until 50 pounds lost that I l did an after picture. Please take pictures of yourself as you go through this process (you only have to share them with yourself) - It was so nice to see the difference and to know that all this hard work was actually working and noticable.

Here is my before and after pictures to date (Monty looks fabulous in both!)

8mhj5eoyonjl.png

Not only does Monty look fabulous so do you. What an amazing transformation.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 216.4
    CW: 218.0

Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!! Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳

Recap: Yep, there it is on the scale. Thought maybe it would go quickly down....ok next week.

- THOUGHTS: Meh

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/3 8,907 ST = None
    3/4 8,870 ST = 15
    3/5 8,005 ST = 15
    3/6 7,080 ST = 15
    3/7 7.977 ST = 15
    3/8
    3/9

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    Ending January - 215.8 (7.8)
    Ending February - 216.4 (+0.6/7.2)
    3/1 216.4
    3/8 218.0
    3/15
    3/22
    3/29
    Total Gain 0.0 Total loss 0.0

Put the week behind you. Next week is a whole new ballgame.
This discussion has been closed.