Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• slstrake1975
    slstrake1975 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am trying to return after a long break since last September. I was in a hospital for a week and have a mental illness so I had to stop all my extra leader duties for my team. I didn't realize we were so far into the Spring challenge. I know I can join at any time but should I wait for the Summer Challenge at this point?

I hope everyone had an awesome Mother's Day who celebrate. I did. I got to go out to lunch with my 2 daughters and then we even visited my mom. I have been exercising a little more lately with the weather being better and go for 30 minute walks a lot. I thought I might as well record them for a team and be a member at least. I do miss it and liked the accountability and the community. Take care.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,524 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Your heart often knows things before your mind.—Polly Adler
    I AM: I help my family.
    Action for Happiness: Get outside and notice the beauty in nature.
    Happy National Dance like a Chicken Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you implement that effort into your life…every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.—Jillian Michaels
    Day 134 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.86 miles.
    Beginning my day at work with a 45 min walk.
    Work noon-6PM but have an early hair appointment and dentist appointment right after so taking an active recovery day. I’ll get my Pliability: Ankles + Wrists in after dinner, 60 min walk this afternoon and Core Challenge: HIIT between customers.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - Thank you! I appreciate all the help I have received. I'm very thankful to have all my MFP friends. I am thankful that mostly my energy has returned to pre-cancer days. I'm glad you are doing well.
  • aalley5
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1- Thank you for your help for finding the teams and well wishes. <3
    @Kurtize - Thank you!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,960 Member
    edited May 14
    Options
    dtj7g4eauwhj.jpg

Happy Tuesday
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,522 Member
    Options
    @Missionalman, WELCOME Back!!! Hope you enjoy it where you are.
    @Tabatha_Cain, Makes sense on the watch!! STUPID HACKERS!!! If they only worked at a JOB JOB as much as they do STEALING they might be richer!!
    @slstrake1975 , WELCOME BACK to the 5%!! So sorry you have been through so much. Happy to see you back with us. Being a regular member will benefit you. I'll let the other OALS know. @Alley05 you also are on that.
    @Patti241, HI Patti!
    @Kurtize, TY TY TY Joyce!!!
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey friends. I’m at emergency. I was having chest pain and shortness of breath this past morning and I called 911 because it was so much like my first cardiac episode. My cardiac enzymes are elevated, and it appears the left half of my heart is pumping sluggishly. They took blood to check for a clot in my lungs and for heart failure. They also did a chest x-ray. I’m waiting to hear what the next steps to figuring out what is wrong are. Prayers welcome!

This is the third time I have had heart problems and each of the other times they have not figured out what is going on. I was the victim of torture through electrocution and it led to these issues. I am hoping they figure things out this time as I don’t want to keep doing things that will make me worse but until we know what the issue is I can’t work to safely correct it.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,413 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a great day. I have to meet with someone from Facebook at my office right before work gets out as she might be purchasing the tablecloths from my wedding. I am really looking forward to that. We can definitely use the money for our vacation in August. I don't really need the wedding stuff so why keep it. I have tons of napkins to sell as well. Those are polyester as well. Joe started school yesterday and he has been working on it for every waking moment. I am so proud of him. I know he will get burned out, but he is trying to get his system down. Which I think is good. He is trying to figure out how he can do school, work, and still spark sometimes because he really loves doing spark. Tonight we will not be making any extra money as we have life group.

@slstrake1975 - I think you would be alright to rejoin your group, or join another group. I am glad you had an awesome Mother's Day. Welcome back. I am glad your health is better so you can come back.
    @aalley5 - That is good that your energy is back to normal. It makes it so much easier to get back to some normal in your life.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes, it is so frustrating. How is your health doing?
    @missionalman - Oh man. Please keep us updated. I will be praying for the best. I agree that they need to get down to the root of the problem so it can be corrected.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The mind is everything. What you think you become.—Buddha
    I AM: I am so proud of my strengths to walk away from what doesn’t deserve me.
    Action for Happiness: Do something to contribute to your local community.
    Happy National Chocolate Chip Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.—Eric Thomas
    Day 135 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.53 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day at work with a 45 or so minute walk.
    Work 7AM-noon so getting into the gym for Core Challenge: Core + walk on the Assault Runner for remaining time. Then home for Pliability: Shoulders/Back, 60 min walk after dinner and 5PM Zoom workout. Taking an active recovery day at the gym since not sure what the Zoom workout will consist of.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, hope your day is going well.
    @missionalman: prayers they figure out what's going on and that set up treatment for recovery, hugs.
    @slstrake1975 welcome back
    @Patti241 - hi Patty happy Wednesday

Wishing you all a great rest of the day, hugs and blessings.

Today's affirmation:
    I forgive everyone - especially myself.
    I forgive for my own sake,
    that I may transmute my resentments into Unconditional Love.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • aalley5
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - Some days are better than others. But I'm getting there.
    6izdk9t6iim6.jpg
    I'm so happy MFP fixed the huge images! Not so happy the emojis look very tiny on my cell. :D
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    So the bloodwork came back negative. After an echocardiogram which showed nothing the head of cardiology came to the ER to examine me and confirmed that my heart is inflamed but couldn’t tell if it was myocarditis or pericarditis. I’ve been ordered to rest and take extra strength Advil 3x a day for two weeks and go back if the exacerbation gets worse. I am still going to do gentle stretches and make sure I keep moving my body in ways that is easy on my heart, and work on my diet and my mental health! Can’t wait to get back to full steam so that I can give this challenge my all! Thanks for the well wishes friends!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,522 Member
    edited May 16
    Options
    @Missionalman, So sorry it's been rough and it is rough!! I am glad they did so much to help you out!! Do you have a regular cardiologist yet? If so, no doubt s/he will do a series of tests. They did not find out what is wrong with me until they did a heart catherization. OH if you google things, and you will (LOL WE ALL DO!) keep in mind unless the articles you are reading are from 2022, mine (diastolic heart failure) said I'd be dead in 5 years!! But, though that was true before 2017 (meds are always improving for HF) it's surely is not now and many even before that lived a long time. My Dad who had 8 heart attacks at least 4 of them were biggies, lived for over 20 years with it!! That was all before 2017. Just becareful to follow through on all they say, and you'll be okay. Glad you rejoined the 5%! That'll help you to lose.
    Here's what I have on my phone to help myself to remember everything I do can either hurt or help my heart. Its on my home page.
    vwirf7fjae6u.png
    @Tabatha_Cain , did you sell the tablecloths? And perhaps even the napkins? I hope so, and if not keep on putting them up for sale they WILL GO! It's that time of year!! I hope Joe does well in school. How did work go? UGH on my foolish health!! That foot! OH MAN that foolish foot!! We know I'll get through this, hopefully without an infection. I will lose another bone, it's a tiny one, LOL that will NOT help with weight loss. I've explained this to my body. I am so fortunate they thought I'd lose this foot back in 2016, and now it's 8 years later!! AMAZING!! If I do ever lose it,,,, should I change my name to Eileen Bea Down? You know humor helps me out.
    @Patti241, HI Patti!! did it get really hot? Today we hit 72 and I am so HOT!! Soon I'll have my AC put in!
    @aalley5 On our team PS4L we have a leader who wanted to QUIT when they saw how HUGE the pictures were!! LOL for a moment I HELD MY BREATH!! SILLY leader she is. Glad they are back to normal size!! On Sparks we went through so many changes, guess it's the nature of sites.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,413 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a good day. I am feeling pretty good today, and I am going to get a lot done at work today. I am hoping to get some memberships and I am hoping to get some referrals. Those are nice to get. Today is a Door dash day. So I will be out door dashing while Joe is at home doing school work. I am hoping to get some big orders today. It would be nice if I could get some big orders. I did get a new bigger catering bag for my door dash deliveries as it said I qualified for catering orders and I needed a catering bag. So I got one. Now I have it all updated that I have the larger bag and I can do the catering orders. I am so happy about that.

@aalley5 - Yeah it would be nice if the emoji's were a bit bigger and they could leave the pictures alone.
    @missionalman - So glad they at least have a direction to go now. Hopefully their treatment works. Definitely be careful with any and all exercise. I am sure you will be back to full steam in no time.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I did sell the tablecloths. Still working on the napkins and other things I have left over from my wedding. Work went well yesterday. I had a good day. I am sure stuff will sell right now. I am sorry your foot is still giving you issues and you have to have yet another surgery. You will get through this without an infection. We will be praying for that.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be.—Alan Watts
    I AM: My body is always in great condition and ready for exercise.
    Action for Happiness: Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better.
    Happy National Accessibility Awareness Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not a one time event. It’s a journey. It’s a never-ending pursuit.—Tony Robbins
    Day 136 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.69 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day at work with a 45 min walk.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting in my At Home Resistance Band: Chest/Triceps + Core Challenge after work then Pliability: Leia around 5PM and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Hi Kurtzie.

Good morning everyone.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    hgvjz33nuo7c.jpg
  • aalley5
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    DH and I started our travel to our grandsons graduation.
    The flight was good but the car rental ran out of cars. We only had to wait about an hour.
    My first trip since last June!

Persistence not perfection