Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,314 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and we have church today. We will be watching it online. I also have life group tonight. So that will be fun. I love life group. Today I am going to try and do some doordash. I did not do any of that yesterday and I need to earn some more money. Just to make sure that we have enough to cover everything. We had to buy some fencing for the garden as my dogs were curious and kept walking through the area and I was freaking out because I did not want them to trample the new baby plants. We have like 6 watermelon plants, 3 tomato plants, 3 green pepper plants, 5 broccoli plants, 4 zucchini plants, and then we are planting carrots today, oh and like 4 cucumber plants. So we are actually going a bit big for our first gardent. We did have some cauliflower but I don't think they sprouted and we also had canteloupe but the sprouted and then dried up and died even though I was watering them. So I am not sure what happened with those. I could have over watered them. I am still learning gardens so don't judge please.

@Kurtize - I am glad you did not get any rain or thunder.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - The garden went great. We definitely got it planted and now I have another thing to talk to the doctor about. When I get up from the sitting on the ground or bending over and I stand up my head goes fuzzy, things go a bit black, and I feel dizzy and like I am going to fall over. Not sure why this happens but it does not happen when I am sitting in a chair. We also got the security camera up and running. So now we can go get the motorcycle sometime today.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,185 Member
    Options
    Diane: We had some rain but a lot yesterday. Today it is starting out cloudy.
    Kurtzie: It was a yuckie day.

Today I am hoping for a better day allt he way around
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,786 Member
    Options
    @Patti241 hope Sunday is a better day

We are warm with a breeze developing into more windy, temps 95.

Not much else is new here. Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

yphxa21mbl97.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and I am hoping it will be a good day. I am feeling pretty good even though I worked my garden this weekend. I am glad it did not affect me too much. We also went shopping with my Mom and we helped her out with some stuff. Next weekend we are thinking of going to Joe's parents for Sunday and then come home Monday. Since we don't have work due to Memorial Day we can take the extra time. Joe finished all his school work for the week on Sunday morning. So he has nothing else due until the new week starts on Tuesday. I am so proud of him. Right now he is running like a 96% for his first week. He is doing great. Although he was pretty close to a 4.0 student in high school. That is a perfect score for high school. So I know he can do it.

@Kurtize - We are pretty close in temp to you yesterday. We hit 88 yesterday, but I don't feel like we really had a breeze. It was really just a lot of heat.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Kurtzie: I had a better day yesterday.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,409 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Your mind can be either your prison or your palace. What you make it is yours to decide.—Bernard Kelvin Clive
    I AM: I keep an open mind and enjoy exploring new horizons.
    Action for Happiness: Share photos of three things you find meaningful or memorable.
    Happy World Bee Day!!!!
    Happy World Metrology Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Christian D. Larson
    Day 140 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my Legs/Core + Core Challenge: Core & Pliability: Head 2 Toe after breakfast/before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    comlwwxozox7.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and well after work today I have a job interview. I am a bit nervous and a bit not nervous as well I did not ask for this job interview. They reached out to me to see if I would be available for a 15 minute phone call and then from there asked me to come see their office. So I said yes. I am not sure what position they want me for or anything so we will see. I just know the lady said she wanted to expand her office. So I am going to make sure to take a pad of paper and a pen with me and we will go from there. I will write down all their pay and all their job requirements and all that and discuss it with my husband to see if there is any reason to switch jobs.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Just checking in on you. You have not been on in a couple of days.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Praying is talking to the Universe. Meditation is listening to it.—Paulo Coelho
    I AM: I am capable of achieving a peaceful, happy life.
    Action for Happiness: Look up at the sky. Remember we are all part of something bigger.
    Happy International Tea Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe you can and you’re halfway there.—Theodore Roosevelt
    Day 141 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.04 miles yesterday.
    Work 1PM-6PM so getting in At Home Resistance Bands: Shoulders + Core Challenge: HIIT after breakfast, Pliability: Lower Body before work and 60 min walk at work this afternoon.

• Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all happy Tuesday. Hope your day is going well.
    This is a great exercise - 10 minutes but you get a good upper body work out

https://youtu.be/ktEMyuHoYiU?t=3
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize - I'll try that workout!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - hope you're feeling better tonight!
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: You are in danger of living a life so comfortable and soft that you will die without ever realizing your true potential.—David Goggins
    I AM: I deserve a life that has me waking up each morning with a smile.
    Action for Happiness: Find a way to help a project or charity you care about.
    Happy National Sherlock Holmes Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.—Winston Churchill
    Day 142 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.17 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting into the gym after breakfast for Legs Day + Core Challenge: Core then this afternoon Pliability: Upper + Spine and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,378 Member
    edited May 22
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , was it while you were outside working on the garden you felt faint? If so, did you drink WATER often while being outside? That's exactly how I feel when I am badly dehydrated. inch the skin over the back of the hand, on the abdomen, or over the front of the chest under the collarbone. This will show skin turgor. Mild dehydration will cause the skin to be slightly slow in its return to normal. THANKS for checking on me, I thought I had hopped over, I knew I missed 1 day, Sunday we played to hard. LOLOL Hey GOTTA LOVE THAT!!! I needed to be flat down as much as I could. SO SORRY I missed a few!! Hey did you have have the interview? CURIOUS MINDS WANT TO KNOW!! Hehehehe!
    @Aalley5, Awww thanks hon!!! Sunday was crazy, Mon I rested, yesterday my GGS was having a hard time, that took up much time, but after he and his Mom and I talked he felt better (She's such an AWESOME Mom!! I helped raised her, she knows the difference between a Mom who TELLS You what to do, but that's it, and a MOM who shows you, talks to you, if it's a chore that a child absolutely hates to ask them what chore would they like to do? Awwww we know who she learned that from!) It was 99% her, and just Grandma assuring him it's okay to have feelings, everyone does, I did at his age as he was doing. Most of the time he's so sweet. How are you doing? Since the treatments does the heat bother you more? Less etc?
    @Patti, I hope today is better than the other day. IT'S HOT OUT!! We are expected to hit 80! Hmmm Okay 80!! LOL LOL When I go out I look like a DROWNED RAT!!
    @Kurtize, was so good to talk to you last night on the phone!! Joyce is also a leader on PS4L! I have to tell you all, she SOUNDS LIKE she's in her 20s!!! Joyce you are so kind and sweet and an excellent leader!!
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited May 22
    Options
    Good morning! Workout done!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Weather temps don't bother me any more or less than before treatments.
    Anything cold bothers me. During chemo I couldn't drink anything cold. It had to be room temperature. Now I'm able to drink water from the tap or fridge. I don't use ice.
    I'm glad you had a rest.Glad you had a good heart to heart with GGS!
    @Kurtize - I enjoyed the arm workout.
    Have a great day!
    Does anyone look at the FB page for the 5% team or sparkpeople alumni?
    :) Hi @Patti
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Thank you all, I do like that exercise, thanks Diane, your a sweetheart. It is in the high 80's today and going to be in 90's tomorrow. Tomorrow is follow up from vein procedure hoping no more have to be done. Have a great rest of the day, hugs all.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -I'm so sorry I am just seeing this (from weeks ago). Pretty good here. My older daughter is home for another week until she leaves for her overnight summer camp job (teaching clarinet). Younger daughter is in a slow cycle finally-the drama is done, now we're in the final push of school-we have two parades and a performing arts banquet. Something is up with her knee so she's going back to the orthopedist on Friday. Meanwhile my 102 yo grandma passed away this past Saturday. Hubby and i drove up for the funeral.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,819 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain -aw thx for sharing your hard water info. And that's cool someone approached you about a possible job. Keep us updated!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,378 Member
    Options
    @aalley5 , Oh, that's FANTASTIC that your body has adjusted, being in congestive heart failure, mine is always running very hot!! In the winter if the temp is over 30 and not much wind with the sun out, I am in a TEE SHIRT snow or not!! In the warmer weather I am in the AC!! I do follow the Sparkpeople 5%. Is there a reason why you ask?
    @Kurtize, sure hope that appointment goes very well!! UGH On 80s and 90s!!! Today in the 70s today (which is so hot for me!) I thought of running around naked outside and jumping in the harbor!! BUT!! LOL you know 50% of the units here face it, with the grocery store that faces us across the water. WOOHOO A WIDE AUDIENCE!!
    @Bookienj, I am so sorry about your Grandma! Even though she was 102 it still hurts. My Nana died at 96, we were sad to have her go, but that woman lead a very charmed life! Awww the kids grow so dang FAST!!!