Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• slstrake1975
    slstrake1975 Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    @missionalman I hope you do better and get everything straightened out.

I wanted to thank the leaders very much for putting me back with the Shape Shifters. I was not expecting that. :)
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    f8p1ln8vjiw0.png
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,837 Member
    edited May 16
    Options
    Howdy all happy Thursday. We are supposed to be getting thunder storms today and the next few days but so far all is well. Temps in low 70's but it is cloudy and overcast. Kayla and I got our walk in early just in case. Got in my ST too. Feeling good about that. I got my medal from the West Coast walk (conqueror challenge.) The first picture is back, other the front, the center opens up to a compass.
    wxwnb7ujvmbf.jpg
    Sending hugs and prayers @missionalman
    Tomorrow we will go grocery shopping. Other than that nothing new here. Hugs and blessings

u9dsxmpuy9m4.png

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,424 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Did anyone buy yesterday or did you get any helpful referrals? I know when I have a delivery a certain amount for the tip is always given. If they bring up it upstairs they get even a nicer tip.. Today a delivery person (not fast food) decided to not come up with my stuff, and even left them in the door. Well, between the 2 doors, being the city high thief rates happen fast!! Glad work went well Weds, hopefully it did today (Thurs) and will post today (LOL Fri). THANKS on the foot!!! It's such a long drawn out thing every time, hoping I'll not lose it, that's aways on the table.
    @Patti241, here comes the weekend!! Any plans? Friday i am helping iwth a luncheon, my end is easy, I am bringing food and having others set it up for me.
    @Kaliswalker, that's nice.
    @Aalley5, I hope you love the graduation!! So sorry about the car wait, but glad they got you one!! Awww be nice for you to be around those you love! ENJOY!!
    @Kurtize, nice metal!! Pretty!! Hey we could of gone "walking" together though I was on my knee scooter. I cant do that often, but it was nice out. Hope Kayla is okay if it thunders? I'm not sure how Oscar will act, most of my cats picked up on what I do, I run to the windows!! It's pretty!! LOL Izzy runs right on over also. She also purrs on my lap during them.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a great day. I got 2 memberships yesterday and 1 referral as well. That is a pretty decent day. Tonight Joe will be doing school work and I will be door dashing. It is going to be a great night. I can tell.

@aalley5 - Sorry the Car Rental place ran out of cars. That is good that you only had to wait an hour though. That is awesome that you are able to travel again.
    @slstrake1975 - That is awesome. They got you back to your group. I am sure they try to keep you with people you know.
    @Kurtize - That is an awesome medal. Glad you got your walk in before the storms. Grocery shopping can totally be fun.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I actually sold 2 memberships yesterday and got a referral. So it was a good day. I always try and tip my delivery drivers as well. I am sorry they left your stuff where it could easily be stolen. Definitely keep good thoughts on the foot.

Well I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,437 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement.—Shunryu Suzuki
    I AM: I am proud of who I have become despite life’s obstacles.
    Action for Happiness: Find a way to make what you do today meaningful.
    Happy National Bike to Work Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.—George S. Patton
    Day 137 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.33 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Off today so getting into the gym for a Back/Arms + Core Challenge: Core after breakfast then later Pliability: Hips + Spine and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,209 Member
    Options
    Diane: It did not get that hot yesterday.

Good morning everyone.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    ujeva2r95s93.png
  • aalley5
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, me too, but I'm starting to feel zapped!
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all happy Friday. We went grocery shopping today. The thunderstorm never came, Our weather compared to other parts of Texas hasn't been bad. @Dianedoessmiles Kayla hates thunder storms, if she is in my lap she tries to get to the back of my head, if we are in bed she gets between the pillows.
    Nothing else new or exciting. Hugs all.

Today's Inspiration: You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas. - Shirley Chisholm
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , GREAT JOB!! Hey that's a very good day of work!! WTG!! How did door dash go tonight? Thanks for the well wishes!! It'll be 6ish weeks (from what he said Tuesday) of treatments for it, if it doesn't respond well longer. I leave for a family huge reunion in upper NY in 8, if it doesn't improve we'll go from there. My family does very much so SPOIL ME HORRIBLY!
    @Patti241, that's a plus up here on Weds/Thurs they are "saying" and its aways way, 70s on the coast, 80 inland. I am so NOT ready for that. If we are hitting 70s you must all be hitting around 80 or even 90s?
    @Kaliswalker, may the weather be enjoyable.
    @Kurtize, Poor Kayla!! Have you tried the Thunder Shirt? Oscar has been jumpy since I went away. I hadn't been away, guess he had no clue I was coming back. Now of course, Izzy knows I go and the sitterS come. Izzy is used to that. I wonder if she kitty meowed "She LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU!! IF you BEHAVE I'll call her back." LOL some days you can see Izzy teasing him, yet they play too, as with any sibling relationship they do get along, he worships her, she demands that. LOL Cats can be such twits! Its part of why I love them so!
  • aalley5
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - awe, thanks! I was able to catch up on some posts this evening but am so tired. I'm hoping by the time we arrive at our daughter's that we'll be rested. It seems that more people are traveling and we are competing with the snow birds for cars. Every day is an adventure! There is a Norwegian Festival near where we are staying. We hope to check that out tomorrow.
    @Tabatha_Cain - It's great you were able to drum up some business! Way to go!
    @Kurtize - I hope the storms stay away, at least the thunder!
    @Patti241 & @kaliswalker - Hope you had a good day!
    :)
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Aalley5, oh the festival may something to do with the car shortage. I sure hope you can sleep!! When we went on vacation the hotel we stayed in had the best beds (and I ADORE my sleep number bed!) it was a gel mattress so soft, yet also so supportive, I slept NINE HOURS!! Yes 9!! I never sleep like that!! We all did, but we had traveled from 9 until 5 the day before. LOL that probably had something to do with it. Hope you also get this type of sleep!
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The greatest remedy for anger is delay.—Seneca
    I AM: I make room for my personal growth.
    Action for Happiness: Send a hand-written note to someone you care about.
    Happy International Museum Day!!!!
    Happy National Armed Forces Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Andy Murray
    Day 138 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.12 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Work 11AM-5PM so getting in my Pliability: Big Benders after breakfast/before work and 60 min walk this afternoon at work between customers.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,209 Member
    Options
    It is raining out today. A messy day/
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is a great day. Joe and I have some plans to work in the garden. We are getting the little seedlings planted today and hopefully they will take off and bloom and turn into lots of vegetables and fruit. It would be so nice for that. We are also finishing the set up for the new outdoor camera on our security system so we can bring the motorcycle home. I would love to be able to go on rides during the week if we are not doing anything. That would be super nice. I would also like to get some doordash done today as well.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Door Dash went well on Friday. Not too terrible. Well I hope it only takes 6ish weeks. I hope you have a great tine at your family reunion.
    @aalley5 - I do hope you are well rested by the time you get to your daughters.
    @Patti241 - I am sorry you are getting rain today.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • Kurtize
    Options
    @aalley5 hope you can get some rest and enjoy the festival
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - haven't tried the thunder shirt on Kayla, we did use it on Kelie but after a while it didn't help. But Kelie was a very hyper.
    @Pattie sorry your getting rain.
    @Tabatha_Cain - good going

Wishing you all a great day, we didn't get rain or thunder, it is a nice day but hot, 95. Taking a semi ret day, only did some stretching. Wishing you a happy day, hugs and blessings

ckioqurtxv7v.png
  • aalley5
    Options
    @kurtize, we did enjoy the festival. There was a lot to see and learn about. More tomorrow! It was a beautiful day!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241, So sorry Patti!! It was cloudy here, but at least not raining. Tonight it is, but it'll leave soon. I hope on Sunday you are able to enjoy it?
    @Tabatha_Cain , How did the garden go? Did you get the camera set up? Some who live here have a security camera, one would THINK That would not be necessary in a 55 plus, but yeah it can be. Awww THANKS I am hoping that I can heal in the 6 weeks or less, and have the surgery in the next few weeks so I'll be healed to enjoy my family in NY!! This has been planned for 2 years!!
    @Kurtize, Might be worth the while to try the thunder shirts. Today my body HIT THE WALL!! I was in bed until a friend stopped by 5:30 tonight. LOL She loves Oscar so much!! I had attended a luncheon yesterday which she wasn't able to come so I brought her back something (the person who made it asked if I would, homemade quiche with veggies) so she got to play with OSCAR!! LOL He's so funny!!
    @Aalley5, Oh that's GREAT!! There was some type of festival today, a very small one here at the park. I could hear it easily, since I am across the street, but didn't feel well enough to go over. Maybe next year. In the 3rd week of August will be my FAVORITE thing at the park, the ART SALE!! I've been going there for over 40 years! What did you enjoy the most? I always go for the food, but also with the Art Sale for the ART!!!
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: If you believe it’ll work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you don’t believe it’ll work out, you’ll see obstacles.—Dr. Wayne Dyer
    I AM: All the good in my life comes to me as result if my willingness to find happiness in each moment.
    Action for Happiness: Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful.
    Happy National May Ray Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Rafael Nadal
    Day 139 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.97 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day at work with a 45 min walk.
    Work 9AM-4PM so getting my Pliability: Full Hams and 60 min walk after dinner.