Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    God morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,572 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality.—Robin S. Sharma
    I AM: I am able to find pleasurable activities and experiences every day.
    Action for Happiness: Today do something to care for the natural world.
    Happy National Senior Health and Fitness Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.—Mark Twain
    Day 149 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.86 miles yesterday,
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Off again today so getting Legs Day + Core Challenge: Core in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Upper Body this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    edited May 29
    Options
    Good afternoon all. Yes time is going by fast. May is just about over. Hard to believe. We did get a thunder storm and rain last night but nothing terrible. The girls power is back on but still stormy on and off. East Texas gets hit hard.
    Set new goals for June although starting to work on them today. Mainly because of the other group I am in the weekly challenge starts Wednesday. Very happy with today's work out
    Walk w/o stats
    6ey2pbln8dt1.jpg
    ST w/o Stats
    hw20afmfduwx.jpg

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize, Is your DD okay with the tornados? I get EEEKKKK when my oldest brother is under one (Kansas outside of Wichita, Kansas). He does miss blizzards we totally agree this is so much easier!! The catatract surgery was so easy. It was sort of neat, I knew they were removing them, and I could tell slightly because of the hazey cloudiness as he went back and forth over my eye, but I could not feel it. That was kinda neat!! BUT within 24 hours the haziness cleared and for the FIRST EVER IN MY LIFE I did NOT need glasses. I think that lasted 3 or 4 weeks. I never thought that would of been possible!! But it was, it was 3 years ago, and you were on the team. You may remember my excitement! Or was it 2 years ago? WOW NICE WORKOUT Joyce on Weds!! WOOHOO!! TY TY TY TY from PS4L!!
    @Aalley5 are you driving? From where? Flying is faster (usually LOL NOT ALWAYS!) Please be super careful hon. I agree tornados are doing so much destruction. WOW! How much mankind has ruined the earth and continue to do so. Great quote and so true!! The small changes last!
    @Tabatha_Cain , if she removes you, she does. We can't control what others do, we can only control our own reactions. Be smooth and yes, see if you can start easly chances are you can. I love kayaking, even as an experienced person I ALWAYS wear my life jacket!! ALWAYS because all it takes is a boat going so fast and to fast to know me over!! Also it's a great idea, really ti's a MUST to on purpose flip it and upright it so you know you can get out and be okay. to be safe. It was the first thing we learned back as a kid. That helped me on the Saco river here in Maine. The water was cold, hit an area that's normally not rapids, but we had a lot of rain. So it WAS!!! I was fine and expected it, but still it was great to know I could handle that!! At that time they were NOT allowing those without much experience to be on the river, and I was on my own they didn't want me to until I explained my experience, then they were okay with it. I am so happy they were super cautious!!
    @patti241, HI Patti!! GOOD Day!! is today a cloudy or rainy day? It's supposed to be cloudy here all day Thurs. Hehehehehe I think I'll do an INDOORS DAY!! My steps are great this week, way better than they had been, I MAY take a partial rest day!! LOL I SAY that we both know that's not likely!
    @Tabatha_Cain, @Kurtize and likely @Aalley5 know I'll be stepping down soon as both an OAL and Captain of the PS4L team. LOL Tabatha, do you all think you can beat us after I do? I DOUBT IT!!! BUT you can ALL TRY!!! @Kurtize is our new Passenger Service Agent as of the break. I AM remaining on the PS4L team, but as a regular member. We know my health has gotten worse, tomorrow (Thurs) I see the cardiologist and I am struggling since Covid at the end of March, into April as I finally recovered, I had surgery which took another toll on my breathing also, my body isn't recovering as I wish. The surgery (Parathyroid) though has given me more energy!! WOOHOO on that it's just the breathing.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - That's awesome you are learning to kayak! I've done it several times but the misquote make me want to jump in the water! I haven't gone since. It was fun watching the kids.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We fly and then drive about 6 hours. It's not bad.
    Have a restful evening!
    :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a great day. I am going to have a productive day at work. I am excited to go to work today just because I want to be able to help my clients one last time. I don't think I will be able to help them much anymore. I am pretty nervous about the meeting with my boss this morning. I requested that we not meet, but she wants to meet. I am not sure what I should say. I mean should I tell her that no one in the office feels they are being supported and that we feel she would rather be at other locations than here because she is always locked in her office and she jets out as soon as she possibly can. Like today she is suppose to split her time between our office and another office in another city. She only has 3 offices to manage. She should be at all 3 offices twice a week. That is how it should go and we barely see her for 1 whole day once a week.

@Kurtize - That is good that their power is back on. Time is going by super fast.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That is cool. I don't think I would ever kayak alone. That would be scary. I think if I flipped Joe would help me. I do think it is a good idea to learn how to handle the kayak when it flips. I do hope you get better and improve. We will definitely be working hard to kick your butts. LOL
    @aalley5 - I wish I had learned to kayak when I was younger. Then I could have taught my children. We would have had so much fun when they were growing up.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Meditation is evolution’s strategy to bring out our full potential.—Tara Brach
    I AM: I radiate love, kindness, and passion.
    Action for Happiness: Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost.
    Happy National Water a Flower Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.—Robert Collier
    Day 150 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.8 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day at work shortly with a 45 min walk.
    Work 7AM-1PM so getting in to the gym for Shoulders/Chest + Core Challenge: HIIT after work then Pliability: Yoda and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    Options
    Good morning! It's a beautiful and sunny this morning!
    Have a wonderful day!
    😀
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Aalley5, that's not to bad!! Hopefully it'll all ve uneventful! I hope your day was ROARSOME!
    @Tabatha_Cain , BEEN Thinking of you through parts of the day. How did it go? Did you end up talking with the boss? LOLOL I did giggle that FF will be kicking our butts!! LOL THat only urges us to work harder!! LOL my leaders are very well trained!! I'll still WOOHOOing the team as a regular member, not as much, but after all of these years they know what to do. I'd been sick 2 times this challenge that the other leaders had to take over for me, they did AWESOME!! LOL KICK US GAL FRIEND!! We'll pick it up! I'll be picking up my steps I am hoping! BRW We simply ADORE Fit Force! We truly do, and even sit on the sideline after landing URGING YOU ON! We all teams, but we know Fit Force ,, forces to work hardah.
    @Patti241, Morning, well almost evening Patti!! YUMMY I have country style spare ribs in the oven!! They've only been cooking at 300 for 30 mins another 1 hr and 25 mins I'll be eating 1 of them, maybe 2, but likely one with a scrunchous weird potatoe. Cut it 1/4 from the bottom with slits all the way across, ,,,brush it lightly with melted butter and garlic. Put it in the oven for a h half hour, take it out, brush it lightly again and back in for another half hour. LOOKS AWESOME!!

Heres the video for those who wish to try something different.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK99GLicMGc
  • Kurtize
    Options
    vmqzg5ah6trp.jpg
  • aalley5
    Options
    Today was awesome, made cards with my original paperdolls group. We did good and didn't have any snacks.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 , yes, it was definitely awesome.
    We accomplished a lot! I'll post my card on my FB page, Alice's paperdolls. It's awesome!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize , PURRSDAY!! WOOHOO PREWEEKEND Day tomorrow!
    @Aalley5, I'll look forward to that!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,434 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a great day. I am super happy with the meeting I had with my boss even though she really tried to sweeten the deal with me leaving. She did say that since I gave my two week notice that I am able to come back and she would make sure it happens if I chose to come back because the other job is not what I wanted. I feel like I am going to be doing well over there and it will be great.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I did meet with my boss. She was pretty cool about everything. She did say if it doesn't work out there then I can definitely come back since I gave my 2 week notice. It is nice the friendly competition we have going on. It is nice to know your team has your back with the leading stuff.
    @aalley5 - I remember paper dolls from the 80's. Those were pretty cool.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for.—Louis L’Amour
    I AM: I am worthy of being loved for who I am.
    Action for Happiness: Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future.
    Happy National Wed Designer Day!!!
    Happy World No Tobacco Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Gold metals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.—Dan Gable
    Day 151 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.55 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day at work with a 45 min walk.
    Work 8AM-2PM then home for Daily DB: Glutes/Shoulders + Core Challenge: Core after work, Pliability: Leg Day and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain that's so awesome your boss was/is actually very supportive of you! To bad lolol that wasn't shown by the company you may of stayed. More $$$ less stress. Keep the employees happy and they stay until retirement. Just went to the local laundry Matt. It's just easier to do the blankets all day once and it's just down the road. Nice to have that done!
    @Patti241, Hi Patti! Gorgeous day here ! It'll hit 72, at night 57 perfect for the windows open.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Friday. Kayla went for her check up, clean bill of health, does need a teeth cleaning. We then went shopping. David's husband is in the hospital again, he has low potassium, rapid breathing and low blood pressure. He has been ill for about 15 months and has lost 50 lbs. It started with what they later learned was intestinal infection. Took them months to figure that out, why I have no idea. He also had diarrhea way too often. He is 5'8" and right now weighs 115 lbs. He was out of the hospital and doing well and even gained 7 lbs. Then last night everything went bad again. Not much else is new. They are still having bad weather where my daughter and grand daughter live. We had rain last night but that was it and today is Sunny and 81. Well have a great rest of the day. Hugs and blessings.
  • aalley5
    Options
    It was a busy day, plus rain and cold. Visited family and friends most of the day. Took my rest day since its all ready time for bed! My NSV was not making bad food choices and I stuck to my portion sizes. :)
    @Tabatha_Cain - lol, yep, I never could cut out paperdolls very well. I came up with the name Paperdolls for my card making group. We stamp, color and use die cuts to make paper cards. The link goes to my pinterest
    https://pin.it/4tbGnl5EF
    Hope everyone had a great day!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited June 1
    Options
    @Kurtize, Aww Kayla hopefully she'll do okay. Will they put her out? Oh, David must very upset, I hope they can figure out and help him. These storms are UNREAL!!! I hope everyone is okay!
    @Aalley5, Brrrrr on rain and cold, glad you still had a positive day. WOOHOO!! GOing to look at your cards. Those are amazing! Great job!