Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Today's Inspiration: Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
    Kindness in giving creates love. - Lao Tzu
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,579 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , The only good thing about such a thing happening at work is 1) LOL it's quieter, with an eerieness, strange I enjoy that. 2) Since one of the very busy ones, it's CRAZY BUSY and the day goes by VERY FAST!! 3) Since you are shining right now, well hey they ALREADY know they're losing a vaulable employee, and well SHINE TABATHA!! SHINE GF!!!
    @Patti241 Weds may have a few thunderstorms come through, nothing major with the next few days not that great, but I LOVE those days to stay home and get inside things done!! Have you been able to get out and do more outside? Weirdly I have been. Since the humidity hasn't been crazy along with the dew point I've been able to do more outside. WOOHOO!! I am enjoying that. I've been walking more.
    @KUrtize, when we are kind, we are treated with kindness. I LOVE that!! Living in a 55 plus high rise, well you'd LOVE to think most are Grandma's and Grandpa's, and that is TRUE!! But, when people not have work to do, they tend to hang around each other if they are bored, that causes GOSSIP and OH NOs!! My reputation is that of kindness to 98% Of them. One lady is very aggressive and cruel, I AVOID her at all costs, the other one is a thief and very violent. Yeah I have a restraining order against her. KINDNESS COUNTS and we sleep better!! It has so many health benefits.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it has been a busy busy week. It is the first week of the month and I think people are trying to get their bills paid. That happens at the beginning of the month. I just hope today it is not too terribly busy. I really do not want to do a lot of work my last 2 days there. I am though getting a lot of stuff done. I did have someone come to the office yesterday and talk about renting a car. I told her I am not here after the 6th so she will need to let me know before then if she wants to book or go to the kalamazoo office to book it.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - My boss has told me several times that if my new job does not work out she wants me to come right back to her. I think she is hoping it will not work out. I am definitely hoping it does work out. I really do not want to go back to having to get memberships.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,586 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Only if we understand, will we care. Only if we care, will we help. Only if we help shall we be saved.—Jane Goodall
    I AM: I know what I need and I attract it.
    Action for Happiness: Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down.
    Happy National Hot Air Balloon Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible.—Usain Bolt
    Day 156 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.63 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day at work with a 45 min walk.
    Work 7AM-1PM so getting into the gym for Leg Day + Core Challenge: Core then home for Pliability: Back Day and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,342 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Hon that you are showing up and working out the next 2 days shows how much of a good worker you truly are. Of course, WE KNOW This on MFP and what a wonderful leader you are with FF! I hope it wasn't to crazy today!!! That's sweet of your boss to let you know this, we hope it works out very well for you also.
    @Patti241, GOOD morning Patti!! What did you do today? I met with friends on ZOOM for a bit, and now heading to the bank. Its going to hit 80 (LOL FOr those in a southern state, that may not be bad, for me in Maine that's TO HOT!) so I am heading to the bank now, and back into the AC!! WOOHOO!!! I'll enjoy the tiny bit of a walk, I am only 7 mins from it, which includes a small tiny bit of it overlooking the harbor and it's so pretty!! I'll also be walking past a city park thats very nice.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    pozdxz3omrzq.jpg
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've caught up on reading the posts. @Kurtize , love your quotes too! @Tabatha_Cain - it sire sounds like you're the MVE where you're leaving! Congrats on your new job!
    @Dianedoessmiles1- I hope you're doing well and got a nap in.
    We are flying home tomorrow from Rockford Illinois. It'll be good to rest. I've posted pics on my FB page.
    Friend me here: https://www.facebook.com/aalley2?mibextid=ZbWKwL
    😀
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday. The week is almost over. Today is going to be a good day. I really think it will be a good day. I am excited to start my new job on Monday, and I will have tomorrow off with no pay obviously because I will technically be unemployed for 3 days. So that is going to allow me to get some things done around the house and then work by butt off on Door Dash on Thursday. I really really want to get some things done at home tomorrow. I think I did not schedule myself until noon on Friday so I could get up in the morning and then get my husband off to work and get some deep cleaning done. I have so much I want to get done. It is going to be a great great day on Friday.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. It actually was not too crazy yesterday. It was pretty mellow. I was the only person who noticed that a co worker changed her hair color. It was not super obvious, but I was the only one who noticed and it made me feel good that I notice the small things with people. Today is my last day at the current job. I hope everything goes well.
    @Patti241 - Good Morning. I hope you have a wonderful Day and get everything done you want to today.
    @aalley5 - Thank you. I hope the office continues to go well, but they are losing a lot of employees and the office may close because of it. I hope you have a safe trip home.

Well I hope you all have a great Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: To bring anything into your life, imagine that it’s already there.—Richard Bach
    I AM: I have the power, the intelligence, and the capability to achieve any goal.
    Action for Happiness: Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings.
    Happy D-Day Invasion Anniversary 80 yrs ago today.
    Pliability QOTD: Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.—Pele
    Day 157 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.90 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting my 45 min walk in at work then At Home Resistance Bands: Back/Biceps + Core Challenge: HIIT after work, Pliability Warrior Routine: Chewbacca and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi Patti. happy Thursday all. It is 98 outside. Did my walk and exercise early. Washed clothes, was going to clean bathrooms but putting off until tomorrow no particular reason except laziness. Wishing you all a great rest of the day.

r3y8dwd7vhjk.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @aalley5 , How did the trip go? I'll be flying in July, I've not flown since before the pandangitall!! On the plane I may wear a mask, well 2 planes, out of Albany NY, to Dulles (Washington DC) then to Portland Maine! HOME SWEET HOME!!! Hopefully, all will go well. Not worried about it, everything is an adventure!! Did you have a good time?? Your pictures on FB are AMAZING!
    @Tabatha_Cain , how did work go on the LAST DAY there? Did they give you a send off? I've not had many of those, but the ones I did were fun!! Usually it was as I was transferring from one store to another one, and a promotion. LOL They KNEW to be considered for another position if the wished at the store I was in, that was the way to go! LOL! May Friday go well with cleaning! That's on my agenda also. Tonight I'm hoping to vacuum, but LOL Oscar (2 year old Ginger boy kitty) has been SUPER HYPER (I had left for a few hours, apparently he SLEPT during that time LOLOLOL I get that!) and just laid down. In the chair with me (Awwwww) and he's FINALLY OUT like a light! If you do not have enough housework to do, well girls????? ANYTHING you'd like Tabatha to do for you? Hmmmm thinking,, Oh hey, I've been wanting my TV frame to be put up on the wall so I can move it around some. Or how about going through my closet and getting rid of things I do not wear? I DREAD doing this!! If I were to go through 10 pieces a day, it'll be done in 4 or 5 days! That's so much more doable mentally. HAVE FUN!!
    @Patti241, Did you enjoy the day? Any errands etc. for today?
    @Kurtize, LOLOLOL Joyce, I DID Crack up with the cleaning the bathroom, but lazy. LOL!! GF you are NEVER that for sure!! Like Kayla, you go and go and go!! UGH 98!! NO THHHHHAAANNNKKKK YOUUUUUUU!! NOPE! Right now it's 59 and very goggy. I can't see the city across the harbor. Normally its very easy to. Oh I ADORE these days!! I hate heat! Today went with a friend to Costco, my first time there. She wanted me to have a hot dog, and we did. MAN THOSE THINGS ARE HUGE!! But, it was very good. I am sure I looked at things differently. Most of the food choices though not all are cheaper things, and not that healthy (the hot dog, pizza, ice cream etc) sadly I saw some young people and all ages of people who are very obese. That made me sad. Sometimes I do give thought as to how far many of us have come, but today I did. I did get a shirt that's nice and a very good price too!
  • aalley5
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - yes it was a good trip. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! It's been a busy travel day. I need to decompress.
    I hope everyone has a restful night!😀
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Aalley5, Ahhh HOME SWEET HOME!! Rest up well!! Glad you got to go and enjoy it!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is cleaning day and door dash day. I am going to clean until about 11:30 and then do door dash for a bit it I can make decent money at it. Lately the money has not been really good.

@Patti241 - Good Morning. I hope you have a great day.
    @Kurtize - I have so much to get done and I feel like being lazy and napping.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - My last day was plain. No send off. Most of the teammates there are all about themselves. So no send off at all. That is one of the reasons I am leaving. I do hope cleaning goes well today. As far as cleaning out your wardrobe set a timer for 10 minutes. So what you can in 10 minutes and then stop. I definitely have enough to keep me busy.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: You give before you get.—Napoleon Hill
    I AM: I am allowed to peacefully celebrate my unique journey, without worrying about what others think.
    Action for Happiness: Do something healthy which makes you feel good.
    Happy Donut Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Gold metals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.—Dan Gable
    Day 158 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.53 miles yesterday.
    Off today so beginning my morning with a 45 min walk before breakfast then headed to the gym for Back/Arms + Core Challenge: Core after breakfast, Pliability: Upper + Spine this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: The day was dreary here yesterday. Did not have any plans. Today I am hoping to mow the lawn. Will need to see if the lawn is dry to do it though.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Friday, we did get thunder, rain and lighting. It rained hard then a beautiful rainbow. Today is warm 98 but there is a breeze so doesn't feel quite that hot. Kayla and I got our walk in. Still didn't do bathrooms. I did sit on porch and enjoyed the breeze, brushed Kayla and just had a relaxing morning.
    Have a great rest of the day. Happy weigh in tomorrow.

dtymlxnxnb2m.jpg
  • aalley5
    Options
    My NSV: I'm eating less meat and gave up pork totally so far. So this is a great tool!
    This link may be handy for the knowing how much protein you need in a day.
    https://experiencelife.lifetime.life/article/heres-what-30-grams-of-protein-looks-like/
    :)