Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1- so sorry about your aunt. I did try to add a new friend that way but it didn't work on the app. Maybe it would on my PC.
    I'll check tomorrow. Thanks
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,429 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is back to the new job I go. Things went pretty well yesterday. Watching some training videos, filling out tax paperwork, and setting up log ins for the companies we work with. I need access to be able to go in and make payments for the clients. It is definitely going to be an easy job. I really feel so much better about this new job.

@aalley5 - You go to the persons profile and click add friend. That is from the computer. With the app I have no idea. I do the same. I have been on motorcycles my whole life and was always told to cover myself and plan for the fall. So I wear pants, tie shoes, long sleeve jacket and full face helmet. So I get it. When it is around 90 it is too hot to be out on that motorcycle in full gear. My sister laughs at me, but I am not the one who was trying to wear heels on a bike and fell off the bike and broke her leg. So that says something.
    @Kurtize - That is good that you are inspired to get up and walk.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I was nervous yesterday. I feel a bit out of place, but people did come and talk to me so that is cool. I did some training videos yesterday and set up company log ins.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,558 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Life is not as serious as the mind makes it out to be.—Eckhart Tolle
    I AM: I am very good at listening.
    Action for Happiness: Eat good food that makes you happy and really savour it.
    Happy National Corn on The Cob Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not a destination, it’s a journey.—Zig Ziglar
    Day 162 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.01 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in my 45 min walk before breakfast, At Home Resistance Bands: Chest/Triceps + Core Challenge: HIIT after breakfast, Pliability: Lower Body before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • aalley5
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - It did work to request a friend that way on my PC.
    Click on the person's picture, then when you get to their page, click on My Fitness Pal Profile. It's there you are able to send them a friend request.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,308 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,556 Member
    Options
    @Aalley5, glad it helped to do it that way on your PC. That's where I was doing mine also, PC. Ohhh you are doing it a longer way than I am. I just type in: Myfitnesspal.com/and copy and paste the name needed into that. It takes me directly to their page, but really either way is AWESOME you can still get there!! WOOHOO!!
    @Tabatha_Cain , GLAD to hear it is better than the older job. Training videos are always fun, does yours require the testing as you go along? I was so BORED about all the chemicals and interactions, I knew I'd not be working with any, but it's good to know! LOL I GUESS!!! TY TY TY for when you ride to dress well "in case of a fall." NO ONE WANTS to fall, but let's face it many drivers are super aggressive now, it can happen in the best of weather, never mind otherwise. I HOPE You never fall. EEEKKK that your sister thought HEALS WOULD DO!! Oh my !! Yeah, I am imagine she learned not a great ida, okay NOT an idea to be done. LOL
    @Patti241, Enjoy Weds the weather up here will be TOTALLY GORGEOUS, than it'll start to warm up. We've been so fortunate that we haven't on the coast hardly hit 80, mostly this past week and tomorrow 60s or low 70s. It'll start to warm up on Thurs in the mid to high 70s and we'll GO FROM THERAH!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and well it is going to be a rough day. I finished day 2 of my new job, but I did not know it but I made a huge mistake. I questioned one of their agents on how she was quoting a policy. Well then after work the owner called me and said that I was not the right fit for the position and fired me. So I currently have no job. For the first time since 2014 I have no job. I did reach back out to AAA and they are working to get me back into the office there in Battle Creek. So we will see how that goes. I wonder how long it is going to take for them to get me back in there. Meanwhile I have no income. I am going to be door dashing every since day until then to make enough money to survive. I am so stressing out bad.

@aalley5 - That is good. I am glad it worked.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I always cover my body when riding a motorcycle just like I always wear a helmet.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Make the most of yourself…for that is all there is of you.—Ralph Waldo Emerson
    I AM: I am capable of creating a life filled with peace and abundance.
    Action for Happiness: Write a gratitude letter to thank someone.
    Happy SuperHero Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: It’s not the will to win that matters-everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.—Bear Bryant
    Day 163 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.45 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-1PM so getting in my 45 min walk at work then Legs + Core Challenge: Core in the gym this afternoon, Pliability: Wrists + Shoulders and 60 min walk after dinner. Going to call and see if I can get on the books for a pedi next week.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • aalley5
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    My blood work results came back already and my glucose is high, but is in the normal range. Everything else looks like it's in the normal range. I looked up how to bring it down and discovered I already knew how to do that. I just need to lower my carbs a little more and move more though out the day instead of doing one or two workouts.
    I've already finished one workout and am going to try to do another 10 min a couple more times. I'll see how that goes.
    @Tabatha_Cain - My heart hurts for you! I'm so sorry things didn't work out. I hope when one door closes, another one will open for you.
    Please know I'm wishing you all good things!
    <3
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,024 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain So sorry new job didn't work out. It may be for the best, being new and asking a question then being told your the wrong fit maybe a god-sent. I hope your old place will be able to place you. Hugs.

It 's 80 right now. Waiting for my zoom Bible class to start. Not much is new or exciting here. Hugs

today's inspiration
    benu3kkzinw3.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is a great day. I am going to be doing door dash today while I am waiting for an answer from AAA on when I can get back into working there. We can only hope it is soon.

@aalley5 - That is good that everything is normal. Even the high glucose can be fixed like you said. Thank you. I am totally working on that other door.
    @Kurtize - It may be. It just baffles me on how asking a question is wrong. We had zoom life group last night as well. During our life groups we discuss the sermons and the bible readings for that sermon. It is pretty awesome.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Just be. Let your true nature emerge. Don’t disturb your mind with seeking.—Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
    I AM: I am successful and happy in every area of my life.
    Action for Happiness: Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side.
    Happy Axe Throwing Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Victory is in having done your best. If you’ve done your best, you’ve won.—Billy Bowerman
    Day 164 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.81 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting in my 45 min walk at work this morning then home for At Home Resistance Bands: Back/Biceps + Core Challenge: HIIT, Pliability Warrior Routine: Boba Fett and 60 min walk.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,024 Member
    Options
    3gvcor3g2ycg.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain OH Hon!! I AM SO VERY VERY SORRY!!! In asking questions on WHY isn't questioning some defiantly!! It's to LEARN!!! I am so sorry hon!! It's HOW WE LEARN!!! That is a very non flexible person!! I say this because the neat thing about a supervisor is to communite and NOT be threatened when someone doesn't agree, just explain it and move on. I hope AAA can get you back. It's scary without income, and YET!! There are also opportunities to explore, you weren't really happy at AAA, maybe it's time for a total career change? I was working with the city of Portland (Maine) for years, but I HAD it when they brought in computers!! I had worked in accounting in a few different departments (LOLOL Public works was so funny!! It really was!! The men (back before apps) would call in at the end of the month or on a Friday (WEEKEND FLU COMING UP!! Lol we'd get to laughing so hard!) to see if they had any time off coming up. Also with Excise tax (NO ONE LIKED US!! BUT, we played hard, and did the job, with a slight giggle, we could NOT do anything to irrate the public member who was coming in to play the tax (yearly) for their car, boat, RV etc) but, as long as we remained totally calm, we entered in the WINNER EMPLOYEE of the DAY (usually a trinklet provided by our boss, but the WOOHOO of it was AMAZING) on who had the most difficult public member, and remained the most professional at the end of the day!! I DID win, though not as often as others, I was still young (in my mid 20s) and HOT HEADED, though I did not show it, I wasn't as "polished" as I am now. AND in Social Services, now that was quite the challenge!! BUT I also loved it, when I left the city, I was so burnt out and HATED the computer thinking FOR ME!! It allowed NO flexiblity that I had before that. I "temporarily" took a job bagging groceries!! IMAGINE that pay CUT!! But, I quickly saw a nice side of the public and I LOVED it also I happen to work for a great company who totally valued us, just being a BAGGER and hearing "Thank You Diane for coming in today." HUH??? "Aren't I supposed to be here today?" "yes, but we truly appreciate it." WOW!! BLEW ME AWAY!! I became a cashier, a shift leader and then the closing shift leader. It was great and the money at that point was MORE than I was making with the city!! See Tabatha, sometimes a total change can make all the difference. You are GOLD and we know it, and deserve to be in a positon where you SHINE GIRL!!
    @Patti241 are you enjoying the weekend?
    @Aalley5,You can do this hon!! I've found doing smaller amounts of exercise all throughout the day I feel better with more energy. i am food controlled and a diabetic. IT CAN BE DONE!! I'm NOT a healthy eater, but I am a careful eater!

It's CATURDAY (LOL PS4L loves CATS!) and as of now I am no longer a leader. I did step down, we know my health has gone down since COVID and there's another reason I won't disclose, but this is so good for my health in so many ways. I've also stepped down from being an OAL. I've not been on the Summer 5% Challenge at the start it's just so crazy. I am not sure what that'll mean as time goes by @Tabatha_Cain @Kurtize @Aalley5 @Patti241, hopefully at some point you'll see on the summer challenge, well @Kurtize we are on the same team!! WOOHOO!! CONGRATS on your promotion!! Joyce has been a FA and now the PSA (was formerly ML, Motivational Leader) we have NO DOUBT she'll be OUTSTANDING!!! PS4L has always been so fussy about who is a leader, Joyce you SHINE GF!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and Joe and I have church in person today. It is going to be a great day. I know it will be because it is filled with church and the power of God. I am applying to several places and will be continuing to apply on Monday. I am checking a lot of websites and all that stuff. So we will see how it goes. I may find something soon. I may not.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I just still don't understand, but I will probably never understand. I am looking at a couple other jobs. I just know with my Fibromyalgia I cannot stand for very long. The pain in my back is real and has not changed since I was younger even though I have lost a ton of weight. I hurt so darn bad after about a half hour of standing. I am though looking elsewhere.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.—Pam Brown
    I AM: I am creative and imaginative.
    Action for Happiness: Speak to others in a warm and friendly way.
    Happy Father’s day
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Roger Federer
    Day 167 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.16 miles yesterday.
    Work 9AM-3PM so getting my 45 min walk in at work, Pliability: Big Benders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: So far I am. It has not been too hot.
  • aalley5
    edited June 16
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thanks, glad you keep your diabetes under control. Yes, I signed up for the summer challenge. See ya there!
    My blog
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , have you thought of an entry level job at a medical place? Once in they love to train and it's not hard to go up from there. WIth office work, it's a sit down, and no pressure ever to sell. I hope you enjoyed today, and yes, I love putting God first also. It's okay with me if some do not, many do not, they have their reasons, and well that's okay. After meeting this AM, we went to BUG LIGHT!! We stopped at a local store, well known for it's sandwiches YUMMY and at a very good price!!
    Bug Light is at the enteraane into the Portland ME harbor a part of Casco Bay. If you earlier on this winter heard of the storm that destroyed a part of the Maine coast this area was also affected, they have much of it repaired on this part. It's a huge tourist area, so they went right to it!
    hp2strouwihy.png
    The ferries to the Casco Bay Islands. GORGEOUS SUMMER DAY!! By mid week near 90. Yummy NO TY TY TY!!
    2rsy68nz6sxd.png
    @Patti241, hope you got to enjoy it!! I know starting on Tues it'll be climbing up. I do not want the high 80s and up, but it'll be over in a few months.
    @aalley5 , Hon just read your blog, TY TY TY TY for writing that up!! That was quite the ordeal!! I am so sorry you've been through all of that, and hope you'll not have to go through it again.