Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and Joe has to go back to work. I am still looking for work, so we will see how that goes and hopefully I get a job quickly. I need to work. Today I am going to try and do some doordash and see if I can make some decent money. It would be nice. I did get some pay from the 2 days of work at the new job I got. That was a joke. Seriously. I cannot believe I wasted my time getting in there and doing the work.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I have though about jumping into the medical field. I am just worried that I will need some classes or schooling and we cannot do that right now. I need to get to work right away. I know AAA seems to be taking their sweet time getting me back in there considering I called them on Tuesday evening. So then Wednesday my AAA boss was on Vacation and then they started working on it on Thursday and here it is Monday and no word on when or if I even can get back there. I love those photos. One day Joe and I will come see you in Maine.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.—Seneca
    I AM: I am building bridges from the world that is to the world I choose.
    Action for Happiness: Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    Happy Eat Your Vegetables Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.—Serena Williams
    Day 168 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.08 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 45 min walk at the gym after my Dr’s appointment since I will most likely have my 6 month labs drawn. This afternoon I’ll get in my Pliability: Full Form and 60 min walk after dinner. I’m raising the intensity of my gym walks by going to Wal-Mart and buying a backpack and going to put the weights from my weighted vest to make a less expensive ruck.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    @macrat12, Happy eat your veggies day to you! The backpack and weight sounds ambitious!

t65yee98k7w3.jpeg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, u have computer skills, those are very transferable to learning any entry level job. Personally and I DO NOT KNOW why this appeals to me, but it does, I'd apply for any job at the front of the office, checking people in. You have people skills, the hardest part is on the application when it says experience, BUT!!! Look up the position online and use the words "Key words for an interview." I did that, and TADA LOL its so easy to get the interview because the computer looks for only certain words and certain words used BING BING!! SHINE!! SHINE!! Dress a notch above the employees, only a notch above and you'll SELL YOURSELF!! Youa re a quick learner, eager, and WOOHOO hon!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    @Aalley5, I like that eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and I am still doing some job searching. I have not found anything yet and I have not heard from AAA as of yet. We will get it figured out though I am sure. I just got a check from AAA and it was a full check so I am ok for another 2 weeks but then I will be rough going because there will be no extra check. That is going to be rough. I want to find a job so I need to get going on that.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I did apply for a dental receptionist yesterday. So we will see. I am also going to look for medical receptionist. I am sure I can do it. It is just scary looking at something new. I will get a job soon I am sure.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Don’t do what you can do-try what you can’t do.—William Faulkner
    I AM: I know that my body changes constantly, and I am okay with that.
    Action for Happiness: Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    Happy Picnic Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.—George S. Patton
    Day 169 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.46 miles yesterday.
    Off again today on day 2 of my staycation so getting my day started with a 45 min walk before breakfast, Squat Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Quads + Hams this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner,
  • aalley5
    edited June 18
    Options
    My workout today. Listen to your body, know your limitations, we all have set backs and we all seem to have issues with life, family, and body.
    You are a winner just by doing what you can either sitting, standing or running!

dr0m5q9g2d52.jpg
    Free workout
    https://youtu.be/zc56U8K6mhc?si=upU3IxbYT-42UDUu
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Oh, so happy you got a full check from AAA! That's great!! You have such great transferable skills. Do you have any hospitals in your area? Or large places of employment? I'd make an appointment with HR and go to chat "on what you (them) need and do I fit?" type of thing. They may have positions you hadn't thought of, that will appeal to you, but you aren't aware of it yet. Is it scary to change the things we do? INDEED, but we always learn and go through it and at times we are so pleased/happy we did!
    @Aalley5, INDEED that attitude of "It's going to be a GREAT/GOOD" day starts us off in a positive state of mind. And YES to know the limits of our bodies. A friend texted me today "I hope you aren't going out today!" I was actually getting dressed to go to the grocery store. Its a 5 to 7 min walk (was 3 or 4, but I've slowed down) . We are heading into a possible heat wave, and if not, we are at 82 now likely 85 later on today Weds 92 Thurs 94 and down to 80 on Fri. Plus high humidity and the dew point is over 70 (oppressive) the air quality is in yellow. YUP ADD them all up and I am not going out!! BUT!! I did go to the grocery store as did she. We were in and out early, before it's quite as bad as now. WOOHOO AC!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Tuesday. Don and I got our shopping done this morning, Kayla and I went for a walk. Not much else new except have an appt with the Ophthalmologist. Have a great rest of the day.

@Tabatha_Cain Have you tried the Red Cross. Our daughter just started with them. They do pay as they train. Just a thought.

Today's affirmation: My world expands with the generosity, compassion, inventiveness, and service that I contribute. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize, I also did my shopping early. It needs to be in this heat!! Hope you are staying cool.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a good day. I am feeling well enough to do some doordash and insta cart today so I am going to do what I can. I also have a chiropractor appointment at 1:30 today and then right after I have a short phone call with a office coordinator position. It is a little bit of a pay cut from AAA, but it may be worth it to not deal with the stress of AAA. So I am definitely checking it out.

@macrat12 - You are amazing with your dedication.
    @aalley5 - I like your video and your workout today. You definitely need to know your body and limitations. That is what is so hard with Fibromyalgia. What is hard today might not be hard tomorrow. So what is hard today might knock you out for the next 3 or 4 days and you don't even realize it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I have applied at one hospital and a mobile home park and some factories for their office staff. I have a short phone call today with one place. So I am reaching out to see other areas. I did also apply for a couple of dental offices.
    @Kurtize - Never thought about the Red Cross. I will have to look into that. Way to go on getting your shopping done.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: And what greater might do we possess as human beings than our capacity to question and to learn?—Ann Druyan
    I AM: My emotions are meaningful and relevant.
    Action for Happiness: Get outside and find joy in being active.
    Happy Junteenth
    Happy Martini Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.—G.K. Nielson
    Day 170 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.85 miles yesterday.
    Day 3 of my staycation and beginning my day with a 45 min walk, then to the gym for GPP workout after breakfast, Pliability: Upper + Spine this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    Options
    Happy Juneteenth!
    I'm not sure how long it's going to take for me to build my endurance back up. I did get over 10,000 steps yesterday. Today is a different story. However I did go for an outside bicycle ride for 30 min., I followed a circuit training video on Body Project, went for a 30 min swim (nothing vigorous) and completed a 5000 step walking video. I'm sure tomorrow I'll want to rest.
    I hope everyone has a great day!
    Here's one of the videos I did.
    https://youtu.be/xq3HSC1N68Y?si=TS2Wiqb1Ov5pOPT-
    Cross posted this in all my groups.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. Saw the Ophthalmologist. He will remove the cataracts from my right eye on the July 29th and on August 5 remove the cataracts from my left eye. It rained hard this morning so didn't get a walk in. When it finally stopped around 3:30 I didn't feel like walking. The rain did cool down the weather, 79. Have a great rest of the day. Hugs and blessings.

Today's inspiration: “Create yourself, cause if you don’t someone else will!” - Dee Wallace
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , how did the day go? Hoping it went well. You are clearly working very hard at looking for a new job! It'll happen. Lol the trailer park, I'd probably enjoy that but I think cause being in a 55 plus likely nothing would surprise me In the least! My GD owns a very nice double wide in a park that's super fussy At first it freaked me out until I went up there. I'm very impressed with how it's run. Only the owners can l8ve in them, no renters.
    @aalley5 , WOW. Alley nice workouts today. Very impressive. It hit 90 today humidity 71% and dew point 74! I've not seen the dew point so high (oppressive). Air quality was in the yellow. I s5ayedin and quiet.
    @Kurtize , woohoo Joyce! It'll be great seeing clearly again. I was shocked at the difference.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a great day. I had a phone call yesterday for a recruiter from the trailer park, she really wanted to send my information over to the Regional manager and the office manager. I should hear something within 48 hours on that one, and then I have an interview with an Urgent Care for a Medical Receptionist here in town today at noon. I am really excited about the possibility of both positions because they are both new careers and I love to learn new things. Plus it will really be a lot better than AAA. I interviewed with AAA the day before yesterday and well they told me they could not guarantee my time off in August that I had before I quit. Well if I am coming back with the same seniority why do I not get that time off? That made no sense to me.

@aalley5 - I would say if you want to definitely rest. That sounds like a lot.
    @Kurtize - That is awesome that they are getting your cataracts taken care of so soon. I wish the rain would cool us down, but I don't think that will happen. For the next 10 days we are in the 90's or near 90 in temp. That does not include the humidity or the heat index. So who knows where we will be at.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - So I had a conversation with a recruiter yesterday for the trailer park and she is sending the information on up the chain for a face to face interview. I have a job interview today for a medical receptionist at an Urgent care facility here in town. I am excited for the possibility of both jobs. Both sound like something I would like to do. So I hope they offer me something soon. I have to have my drug test for AAA done by end of business day on Monday. I just really want to say no thank you to AAA right now.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday. Wish me luck on my interview today.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.—Zig Ziglar
    I AM: I am grateful for my heart’s healing power.
    Action for Happiness: Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    Happy World Refugee Day!!!
    Happy Vanilla Milkshake Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.—Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Day 171 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.6 miles yesterday.
    Day 4 of my staycation and beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast then I get a pedicure this morning and after that I’m headed to the gym for Overhead Press Day, Pliability Warrior Routine: Han Solo this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , either of those sounds fantastic! Nicely done! Now knowing you can, absolutely can find something different do you really wish to return back to AAA? Even more so since they've already have not honored the vacation? You weren't happy were you? But, I know the money is needed. I get that.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a great day. Today I have to do the drug test for AAA. I am using it as a back up. My interview for the Urgent care went well. An hour after my interview they sent me a google calendar request for a second interview which is a job shadow for an hour on Tuesday. My drug test for AAA has to be in by Monday. Since Monday is my wedding anniversary I am not really wanting to do my drug test on Monday. So I am going to get it done today. I am really hoping I get a job offer before I start at AAA and then I can tell them nevermind. I really do not want to work for AAA. I just needed the money, but I am doing what I can with door dash and insta cart to help offset the money issue so I can have time finding a good job.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - The only reason I even thought of going back to AAA is because it is what I know and I needed money fast. I honestly thought they would just pop me right back into my spot since I was only out less than 5 days. I did not realize they would make me go through the rehire process all over again. So I am not sure. I just know that right now they are offering to have me start July 1st. If I can get an offer from somewhere else I am taking it right away without any thought because I really do not want AAA at all.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Yoga is not about touching your toes it’s about what you learn on the way down.—Jigar Gor
    I AM: I am slowly becoming the person I need to be.
    Action for Happiness: Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    Happy International Yoga Day!!!!
    Happy International Surfing Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Roger Federer
    Day 172 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.76 miles yesterday.
    Day 5 of my staycation so beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast, Deadlift Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Ankles + Wrists this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.