Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,342 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,586 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind, and a tranquil spirit.—Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu
    I AM: I am proud of my tendency to be happy.
    Action for Happiness: Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share.
    Happy World Ocean Day!!!!
    Happy National Best Friend’s Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.—Pele
    Day 159 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.03 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Off today so getting Pliability: Little Benders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and yesterday I literally got so much done in cleaning. I got my computer room done, and organized, I got the hallway upstairs cleaned and the stair way all the way down to the main floor vacuumed. That was a lot carrying the vacuum down the stairs while vacuuming. It was great. Today I will be working on the living room or maybe tomorrow, but I am going to get the living room done as well. I am seriously working hard at getting the house rearranged and organized. I love doing this it is just a lot.

@Kurtize - Well at least you got a beautiful Rainbow. That is great that you and Kayla got a walk in.
    @aalley5 - That is good that you found a website to help you with the proper amount of protein. What are you using for protein substitutes since you are not eating meat?

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - it is wonderful being back home and we did enjoy every minute with family and friends. I only had a 5lb gain, which far better than I thought it would be.
    @Tabatha_Cain- right now I'm eating beyond burger, chicken hormone feed free cage free and eggs, salmon and other white fish, Greek yogurt and Kiefer.
    @Patti241 - Hope you have a good day!
    @kurtize, I hope you had a better day without storms. I've had enough of those for awhile.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
    :)
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

I'm not sure if this is the place to do the team chat that is on our challenge for this week or not? Anyway, I was up way too early this morning and just got home from the golf course. I am a tired pup! I walk a lot on the course in addition to all the club swinging. I'll be ready for bed early tonight.

Have a great weekend!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    @aalley5 thank you so much for the protein article. Today is in the 100's. Not much going on.

Hugs all have a great Saturday

Today's inspiration
    5f3ilw3w6l1w.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,579 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , I am so sorry they didn't give you a send off party!! OH MY!! I get why you are leaving. LOVE the idea of 10 mins of going through your closet!! Mine is very small, but yeah I also need to go through it!! GREAT JOB on getting so much done!
    @Aalley5, I am so happy you had a great time with family!!! In 5 weeks I'll be in upper NY!! Also with family! LOLOL other than the UGLY AUNT It'll be fun. There are few I am not super comfy around, it's been so many years, but others if I were trapped in a room for weeks, I'd be LOVING EVERY SINGLE MOMENTS!! That's 97% of them!! NOT BAD!! I feel pity for UGLY AUNT, but she keeps that way. There's a reason I am sure, but she's in her 80s LET IT GO!! You are eating some healthy items!! WTG ON THAT!!
    @Primalgal, WB to the 2024 Spring 5% Chat!! for your points please also post on the team you are on (Fit Force, Gr8ters, Red Hots, etc. etc. sorry not sure which one you are on). NICE JOB On being on the golf course early and all of the walking!!
    @Kurtize, OH MY OH MY!! Nooooo 100!!??? NOOOOOO!!! OI think it's on the hot side today and it hit 71! THANKFULLY we've had a number of showers/t storms come through today, but after it reheats up again.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and it is going to be a great day. After church Joe and I are going to go to my mother's and help her with some projects. My stepdad is no longer physically able to help do anything. So it really puts a strain on her and my brother is useless as he doesn't know how to do anything. That boy could not do physical labor if it bit him in the butt, or any type of house repair. So it falls to my husband who does it willing because he loves my mother.

@aalley5 - That is awesome. Joe and I are always trying to get the right amount of protein in. Sometimes we really struggle with that.
    @Primalgal - That is good that golf is able to give you all the exercise. It is a pretty active sport between the walking and swinging I am sure it is a good core twist as well as arm strength.
    @Kurtize - Ugh I am so sorry you were in the 100's yesterday. I hope that is not the case today, and you are able to cool down a bit today.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I was so tired after getting that all done. Yeah I was bummed that I got nothing, but that is alright. It just shows how toxic that environment was. In almost every job I have had a going away thing for me. When I worked at Farmers one of the agents brought me in flowers and mini cupcakes for the office. It was so nice.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: We may not know how to forgive but the fact we are willing to forgive begins the healing practice.—Louise Hay
    I AM: I always do a lot more than expected.
    Action for Happiness: Asma friend what made them happy recently.
    Happy Donald Duck Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to do great work is to love what you do.—Steve Jobs
    Day 160 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.05 miles yesterday.
    Off today so beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast, Pliability: Total Package this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    aalley: Hope you have a good day as well.
  • aalley5
    Options
    Funday Sunday, It's so hot here that I'll be working out inside today and skipping the motorcycle ride and luncheon today. 🏍 💐 :)
    Thanks @Patti241! I hope your weather is better than mine.
    @Tabatha_Cain- I'm glad you were able to check the article out.
    What does everyone think about the MFP Newsfeed going away?

I found this link that introduced activity feed and nothing about the Newsfeed going away.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10915268/welcome-to-your-activity-feed#latest
  • Kurtize
    edited June 9
    Options
    Good evening all, happy Sunday. Today was cooler, 84. We did have thunder and lightning but no real rain, Thunder and lightning again today around 7. Today is Kayla's birthday, she is 9. Here is picture when she was born and this one a couple of weeks ago.
    ue313ucyhgha.jpg
  • aalley5
    edited June 9
    Options
    @Kurtize - cute pup! Happy birthday to her!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - so sorry you have to deal with an ugly aunt. Hopefully it will be okay! Maybe she needs a hug.
    One of my team mates just posted this about the newsfeed.
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024
  • Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hello Team.
    Popping in for a quick 'hi." Yesterday was a busy day but so much fun. We had our final retirement party - with family and friends this time vs. work. We order food and even though the food ordered matched the number who attended -there was a ton left over. I sent a lot home with various people but so much left. Cupcakes are in the freezer. Back to my plan tomorrow. 😀

@Kurtize - your pup is a cutie!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a great day. I am really nervous for my new job today. I know it will be good, but it is a new environment and I am not quite sure how to deal with that stuff. The last couple of days my pup has had a cough. Every once in a while she will get one and they add a steroid to her heart med and then the cough goes away and she is fine. This is the first time this year that she has had to get back into the doctor for the cough. I am wondering if it is not allergies of some type. We will see. So today I will be calling to get her into the vet. That should be fun. I will have to do that Saturday.

@aalley5 - Sorry you had to skip your motorcycle ride. Those are my favorite. I am not sure how I feel about the newsfeed going away. I use it sometimes, but mostly I don't. I just read it.
    @Kurtize - Kayla is adorable. I have 2 dogs. One is going to be 13 in November and one will be 10 in July. Sorry you had some bad weather.
    @Lopeyp - Wow sometimes I think restaurants plan for people to take bigger portions than they actually take. We had a ton of extra food from our wedding. I am glad you were able to either freeze it or send it home with other people to eat.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • aalley5
    edited June 10
    Options
    Good morning!
    My plan today is to get my circuit training done and track my meals and water. I'm also looking into setting up a blog on blogspot since the newsfeed will be going away.
    I'm unable to find where I can add friends on MFP, it must have changed too.
    @Patti241 - hope you day is great!
    @Tabatha_Cain- it was just too hot for me, I have to cover exposed skin so it makes riding in the summer challenging.
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.—Thich Nhat Hanh
    I AM: I refuse to let a negative experience change who I am at my core.
    Action for Happiness: Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them.
    Happy National Ice Tea Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.—Ernest Hemingway
    Day 161 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.26 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast, Active Recovery + Core Challenge: Core after breakfast, Pliability: Complete Package before work and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    edited June 10
    Options
    Good afternoon. Today has been a raining day but has cooled down the temps. Not much new here.
    Sorry Diane about your Aunt trouble/problem. @macrat12 wanted to tell you I like your quotes. Luckily Kayla and I got our walk in before it rained. On my American cancer society- 30 mile dog walk in June, Kayla and I have walked we walked 8.74 miles, 306 minutes, and I burned 1295 calories. Average = .874 miles per day, 30.6 min, 129.5 calories per walk for us. This helps me to get moving in morning and get out and walk. Feeling good.
    Thank you for Kayla's birthday wishes.
    Have a great rest of the day, Hugs and blessings.

Today's Inspiration: Persistence only takes you so far. Then you need to try a different approach.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,579 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Aww so nice of you and Joe to help out your Mom. I have NO DOUBT she really appreciates it. LOL I have a brother like that, but he really has NO CLUE and when he touches things, they RUN away from him or die upon his eyes resting upon him. Its always been that way. Highly intelligent, but otherwise LACKING EVERYTHING!! So sorry they didn't do anything for you on Friday. How did work go today? It usually takes me a bit to settle on in, and others to get used to me.
    @Aalley5, I hope today was a good day. The newsfeed doesn't bother me, I rarely look at it now. I did at first, but not now. However, I know many love it, and use it a lot. LOL I AM AFRAID to hug my aunt, but if it's really HOT OUT I WILL cause that lady is COLD!! Okay that was naughty, but she's liked any signs of affection. She really doesn't fit in with the rest of the family. But, I know my Grandmother never stepped outside the marriage so she must be related, somehow.
    @kurtize, Awwww Kayla was such a CUTE PUP and now just the SWEETEST DOG!!! Awwww Kayla!! It does NOT seen she sould be 9. WOW!! You have done AMAZING with the walk!!!
    @Lopeyp , Sounds like you all had a really good day!! YEAH!! I love sending food home with others, so much less for me that way.

@Aalley5, and others.

TO FIND FRIENDS the way I do now is to:

In your search box

Type in: myfitnesspal.com/name of the person you are looking for. This will take you directly to their page.