Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options
1262728293032»

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,592 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , I got a new phone yesterday that was EXHAUSTING TO THE MAX!! Though most things transferred over, not all of it did, plus it took over 2 hours to get the paperwork done and to GET RID OF SPECTRUM for phone service, back to US Cellular! PHEW!!! WOW Tabatha, your doordash on Tuesday was really good!!! Do you think over time this could be a nitch for you? Awww thanks!! I do enjoy the phone pal program!! You are working hard for a job, so happy you didn't go back to AAA! They were NOT nice to you, we are THOUGH!! 😁
    @Kurtize , It got hot here too!! I am OVER THIS!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,454 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and I have another job interview this morning at 10 am. Today is also Joe's Birthday. I am super excited for that. I do have to get him something for his birthday. I am not sure what though. I will have to figure it out. I am definitely getting him a card. Today after my interview I will be doordashing. I am hoping it goes well.

@Kurtize - I am glad you and Kayla were able to get out this morning and get that walk in. 70 is way better than 100. The heat is definitely no fun. We were in it last week.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It is exhausting getting a new phone service. I am glad most things transferred over for you. I do think Door dash is something I love to do. I am really glad I did not go back to AAA also. Although I am a bit concerned on bills the next couple of weeks.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,605 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: We do not have a fear of the unknown. What we fear is giving up the known.—Anthony De Mello
    I AM: I see positivity and gratitude as paving the road to my ultimate success.
    Action for Happiness: Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    Happy National PTSD Awareness Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Rafael Nadal
    Day 178 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.43 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-1PM so getting my 45 min walk in this morning, Overhead Press Day in the gym after work, Pliability Warrior Routine: R2-D2 and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    Happy Thankful Thursday all. It is only 92 today. Kayla and I went for our walk at 8 am it was 70 and muggy. Rained last night around 11 pm. Other than that nothing new.
    Hugs and love

qlqdb2rbwpod.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , How did doordash go today? And the interview? No doubt you found something for Joe, some of the best things we can get for others, are low to no cost, one biggie is our time, and love with respect. But, it's also nice to do other things as we can. Hopefully, money wise it'll work out well for you in the end.
    @Kurtize, Oh my on "only 92" YIKES!!! Right now it's 67 going down to 51, I had my windows open today (hit 80). HANG ON JOYCE WINTAH IS COMING!! WOOHOO!! Hehehehe!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is Joe's last day at his current job and then Monday he starts his new job. Today I was asked to come meet the staff of the Endocrinology office I interviewed with this past week. Joe says that is not normal. They don't usually do that so they must be stuck between a few applicants and they want to see how everyone interacts. So I will be there at 10 am with bells and whistles on. Trying my best not to show my autistic side and be normal, or show my ADHD. Which I was just diagnosed with. Isn't that fun. I am pretty nervous.

@Kurtize - So glad you got a walk in at 8 am. You would think the rain would cool it down a bit. Sorry you were at 92 yesterday.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Doordash did not happen yesterday. You have to put yourself on the schedule and I was not able to get on the schedule. When that happens you have to wait until your area gets so busy they need more dashers. That did not happen yesterday so I was not able to door dash. Today if that does not happen I will just start doing Insta Cart because i have to make some more money this week. Today I will be spending $400 on brakes for my car. Then Saturday I will be putting the new brakes on. I am so glad I can do some mechanical stuff and Joe will definitely be there too. Otherwise the shop wants 1300 to do all 4 sets of brakes. I just cannot afford that. I did do something simple for Joe. I got him ice cream from his favorite restaurant. So he got Chocolate ice cream with brownie pieces, and cookie dough pieces and chocolate syrup. He was so happy and it only cost me $5. We rarely get treats since we are on a working with our lifestyle change.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Let your dreams devour your life, not your life devour your dream.—Antoine De Saint-Exupery
    I AM: I open my heart to new life experiences.
    Action for Happiness: Notice how positive emotions are contagious between people.
    Happy National Paul Bunyan Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: There is no secret to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.—Colin Powell
    Day 179 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.9 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 45 min walk before breakfast, Heavy Deadlift Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Little Benders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,133 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - Hopefully you will have an excellent interview!

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , WOW on putting on your own brakes!! My GD other did that and I was so impressed!! WTG on learning and doing such things!! WTG!! I hope you were able to earn $$ today. I really like my Endo's office!! Everyone is welcoming and happy, it's nice to walk in there. It'd be nice for you to find something that you like, and they you! For you to be as appreciated at work as you are here!! TY TY TY so much for being the BH on Fit Force!!
    @Aalley5 are you having a fun weekend? I am having friends over (2 or 3 or even 4. LOL I'll not know til tomorrow comes. One of them does not feel well. Another one wants to come, she's just not sure how it'll work out for her. But I was really having a friend over to watch the convention in May, I have a link to it, the others heard and wanted to join. I am okay with just the 1 friend). Today was crazy on exercise! YO! I got in over 120 mins!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is going to be an interesting day. We might get thunderstorms for a bit this morning and then it should clear up this afternoon. I have to work on my brakes if I get the tools from Joe's Dad. We definitely need those tools. We don't have the tools. I have some of them, but Joe's Dad has the clamp I need and the 7mm hex bit that I also need for the brakes. So he is going to bring that stuff to me so I can get my brakes done today. That will be fun. I will have to sit on something to keep my butt from getting wet from the rain.

@aalley5 - I actually think it went pretty good. She said I should know something next week. So I am excited to hear.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. My youngest child's Dad taught me to do some stuff. I helped him whenever he would do brakes so I am sure I could do it on my own. Plus I watched a video so not too terribly bad. You know I really love helping with the weigh ins. I really do. It is so fun.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.—Catherine Cook
    I AM: I use my challenges to make me stronger, wiser, and more powerful.
    Action for Happiness: Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    Happy National Camera Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.—Wayne Gretzky
    Day 180 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.94 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-5PM so getting my day started with a 45 min walk before breakfast, Pliability: Full Hams after breakfast/before work and 60 min walk this afternoon before church.
  • aalley5
    Options
    Great news @Dianedoessmiles1! My weekend isn't so good. My brother had another heart attack. Apparently the stint they put in last week failed. He's back in the hospital. It weighs heavy on my mind.
    I made some cards and took a swim and a short walk today.
    I posted a few of them on my blogspot.
    Aalley2.blogspot.com
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain how did the brake job go? That'd be fun when i was a wee bit younger or before the heart failure. YUP INDEED it would be!! I LOVE taking things apart and putting them back together again. LOLOL I am not your average gal!!! I'm the IT person around here (over 90 units) word gets around, but I am selective on who I'll help. LOL It's a 55 plus so my first question is "Do you know where your remote is for the TV that goes to your TV, not just the cable remote?" Phones, tablets and computers "Do you have ALL of your passwords?" "OH YES!" "Ok please try these ones, once they work and you can get into your email, account etc call me." LOLOLOL I've learned many who are elderly DO NOT HAVE A CLUE because a child/etc set their devices up for them. AND THEY THINK I CAN GUESS THE PW!! LOLOLOL!!! Oh MY!! Last night I helped the 91 year old man, he has been so HAPPY he's dancing!! LOVE THAT!! Was the ground wet?
    @Aalley5, Oh hon!! I AM SO SORRY!!! I have 4 brothers (1 doesn't contact any of us, no clue why) the youngest is a druggie, but I still of course, deeply love him, but I do not deal with him (he always steals from me and the others and gets angry we have things, he doesn't have (WELL DUH WORK CHILD!) but the other 2 I do. More so the older one. I know at some point (We are in our 60s and 70s) that day will come that I'll start losing them or them me. My heart goes out to you very much so hon. It is scary!! They are our first friends, and frienemies (LOL Friends and at times enemies) from the time we are born and they are if after us. I can't imagine that day, and I DO NOT WANT TOO! Do you live around him? We are mostly scattered.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and Joe and I are in person this morning at church. We are so sore from yesterday. We worked on the Balloon Festival. We are helpers to Joe's Dad who is a master electrician and works on the generators for the food trucks and the Carnival every years. So Joe and I ran these 50lb cables from the generators to each food truck yesterday. I could not lift the cables barely so Joe carried them and then he would hand me one end and I would drag the cable while he unraveled it from the generator to the food truck. We must have done that for 20 or so cables. Then we came home and did the brakes on the car. We were so sore we could only get the front brakes done, but we can get the back ones done today.

@aalley5 - I am so sorry. I know several people who have had stents put in, but never heard of one failing. Although they do tell you that it is possible. I am praying for your brother.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It went great. Exactly as I thought it would. It ended up that I do not need the rotors on the front. They were not grooved or dug up and the pads had really even wear on them. So no issues there. The back brakes were did not do yet. I was exhausted from the hard days work before the brakes. My husband is the IT tech in our family. I don't mind getting dirty greasy. My husband is a princess. He does not like dirt or grease, but he helped like a champ on the brakes. We make a great team him and I.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: We are healed from suffering only by experiencing it to the full.—Marcel Proust
    I AM: I have zero time for the opinions of others.
    Action for Happiness: Make a list of the joys in your life (and keep adding to it).
    Happy World Social Media Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.—Pele
    Day 181 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.33 miles yesterday.
    Work 9AM-3PM so getting in my 45 min walk at work, Pliability: Big Movers and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thanks, no, he lives in Wisconsin. We just saw him when we were there this summer.
    @Tabatha_Cain - Thank you!