Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    tfelts147 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was a member here several months ago... maybe 8 or so... would I still be welcomed here or do I need to sign up again?!

I 'fell off the weight loss wagon' and ready to get back in the swing of things but need motivation!!

I'm happy to join here or 're-register' and get placed wherever they place me...

Thanks,
    Tim

@tfelts147 You go to the signup thread and can ask to be put back in Mission Slimpossibles, let them know you're a returning member so you can be added to the spreadsheet. We'd be happy to have you back with us, welcome back!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @micaroo4 Sounds good just give me the head’s up before you leave and it’ll work fine. That’s ss exciting about Rich’s family, I hope you all have a wonderful time with Cathy. I can’t wait to hear how it goes, I think any weirdness will subside once people meet. That’s incredible I can’t imagine what it would be like not knowing you had all these relatives, I hope you all like each other too!

@TeresaW2024 Happy Easter! I know your pastor will do great but that is a big test to get through the first Easter! Hope you had a wonderful time with your family.

@trooworld You got a lot done, I’m glad you slayed the clothes monster! Three bookstores in one day would be amazing, how fun!

@865jessica An egg hunt sounds fun. I’ll report that you DID weigh in, you’re down as a missed weigh in on the spreadsheet. I’m glad PT is going well, that’s great!

@AyaTheTyga Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! You’ve gotten way down that’s incredible, wtg!

Go Mission Slimpossibles in 3rd place by percentage and pounds for the last week in March and all of March by Pounds!! Well done top winners for the last week and all of March to @19shmoo69 @Veta2018 @vegan4lyfe2012 @Jactop ! Look at all those members in the green, you all are awesome! Congrats on 4 weeks in the green @ninyagwa !

@reshii_devi I’m fascinated to hear examples of what you’ve bene trying? Do you mean like you’ll do keto or vegetarian for a month? Welcome I’m glad you’re here!

@Cornanda In answer to your question sometimes I’ll cut back a bit leading up to the special holiday meal the week before. I used to try to log it but these days I just let it go. If I’m real strict about it I tend to eat more so it’s easier for me not to worry too much. Of course when I planned more I was a lot thinner!

@txcritter69 Losing 20lbs by your next doctor’s visit is definitely possible, you got this!

@vegan4lyfe2012 100 days without soda is amazing! Final went great! I’m so glad I get to see this photo of the babies again, it’s impossible not to smile looking at your beautiful babies! Oh no I hope the brace helps your ankle, that’s so frustrating!

@Veta2018 How exciting you’re so close to goal! I love hearing your advice on how you manage holiday meals. I’m looking forward to you acing maintenance too.

@AustinRuadhain Hm momentum in the form of rainbows maybe?!

@Divya365 Sounds like you’re doing great! I can’t imagine how hard the pandemic was for you with so much going on. I’d love to see Leo, we’re a big pet-loving group here and animal (and kid) photos are always welcome! Love reading your hobbies there’s a lot of gardeners, cooks, and readers too!

@19shmoo69 Love the meme!

@AmbersWay Oh no I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. What a tough month that’s a lot to lose all at once, I’m so sorry.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH INS NEEDED NOW: @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @AmbersWay @Jactop
    TOMORROW WEIGH-IN REMINDER: @FushiaKat

Hi team, sorry for cutting that up into parts but it was easier to post! Easter was really nice, the weather's been great the last two days. My Dad left around 11 this morning and I spent awhile repotting seedlings then got some charity stuff done. The practitioner from the holistic place let me borrow one of her machines while she's on vacation and we've concocted an experiment to try with water treated by two different devices vs regular water to see if there's a difference in the plants so I need to get that going after dinner. Think I'll do beans since it's 3 6-packs and I don't want more tomatoes or peppers! Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Is everyone still in for a logging challenge? Here's another logging article, it has my favorite scale the Ozari, I'd read about it on the forums and started with it then bought another kind that was terrible so I ordered another one. I'm going to start logging again tomorrow with all of you that are interested: https://caliberstrong.com/blog/food-logging/
  • AyaTheTyga
    AyaTheTyga Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 sounds like a good goal way to go keeping things up. Honestly the weight is bound to fluctuate regardless of the holiday sometimes so its important to do what you are which is keeping on track.

@19shmoo69 I hope you and your wife are home safely and in good health. Best wishes and take good care for now.

@Katmary71 that sounds like a great holiday. Super cool you're into this. Perfect time to be planting. Beans.. i need the iron for sure lol. As for the logging challenge, Im interested. I am trying to track my calories daily on MFP, Ill visit that site you shared too. Let me know if theres anything else i need to do to join you.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    So, I was going to introduce and get caught up but I'm rushing my wife to the ER. I'm not sure when I'll be back. This week/weekend has not been good.

Prayers for your wife.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 @ambersway- I'm so sorry about what's going on with you.

@laurelfit57 - Two back sleeping dogs? So cute!

Lisa
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 🙏🏻
    Prayers, love & hugs.
    -Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    5kvjew0pbamo.png

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What did you do today that made you feel good?

I chose this question as a reminder to celebrate the little things in your day. Not everything has to be a big win, nor does it have to have to do with the scale. Celebrate YOU!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Speaking of making cards, I got my Easter card yesterday and wow, thank you so much! It is BEAUTIFUL! It made my day. :D Congrats on the 19 lbs down and being soda-free for 100 days! Dill Pickle Dip (which I am dying to make!)...can you make this vegan? https://whitneybond.com/pickle-dip/ Yeah, just put a podcast on and start. That's what I did (except I had Brooklyn 99 on in the background lol). You'll get it done! Oh man, your ankle! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the brace helps. Oh my gosh, that photo is ADORABLE! And hilarious. Thanks for sharing. Good job tracking your junk extravaganza.

@Veta2018 Yes, it was a great way to spend a rainy day! I'm glad you had good weather and were able to spend it outdoors.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss!

@Divya365 Congrats on your success so far. The funny thing is, after 3 bookstores, I thought (for once) about how many unread books I have recently bought and I decided that unless something was really a good deal and unusual to find in the used bookstore, I wouldn't get anything. So, I went home empty-handed! :D I just finished listening to an audiobook that was outstanding: The Women by Kristen Hannah. It's historical fiction. What kind of genres do you like and I can make a suggestion? (I am a librarian, so I am always up for talking books!). Yeah, that clothes monster went on way too long lol.

@tfelts147 Hi Tim! Great to see you back. I'm sorry you fell off the wagon, it happens though. We would love to have you back! I believe you do need to re-register here (make sure and request our team, the Slimpossibles!): https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912208/registration-for-new-members-april-2024

@AmbersWay I'm sorry for your losses. It sounds like a very rough time. HUGS.

@Katmary71 LOL I did! I'm glad you had a nice Easter. I am still up for a logging challenge. Do you want me to make the graphic?

@19shmoo69 Thinking of you and your wife. I hope she's okay.

@laurelfit57 I'm with you with the tracking and drinking more water. You must have really tired out the dogs lol. Cute pics!!!

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What did you do today that made you feel good? I will answer this for yesterday as it is 5:00 am and I've done nothing but drink coffee so far lol. For yesterday: I tracked honestly. I had to go back and track some ugly stuff, but I did it. And my future self will thank me for it when I have to look back and see what I did right/wrong.

Hi all. I haven't been eating great the past few days. It's been ugly. But I did drink enough water yesterday, so that's a celebration. Have a great day. Thinking of those of us who are struggling and celebrating those doing well.

No Zero Days: Tracked and didn't snack, drank 75 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I need to make this quick. Our company is staying another day due to the severe weather up north today. None of us thought it was a good idea to drive into the unknown and possibly dangerous conditions. So, another day of eating out, shopping, and sitting around. I feel like a slug! :D I have to run to the church to get payroll done because my custodian wants his money. I can't blame him, but it does cut into my morning. I will catch up with you all tomorrow! Have a great day. :)
    2024 Word: Strive
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    WI Monday

PW 208.5
    CW 210

Not sure how this happened. Ugh
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am a 40 y.o. female trying to lose weight. I have 2 kids, a husband, and 2 cats. I like strength training because it makes me feel powerful, and I like the stairmaster, because it's so hard I forget to think about other stuff.
    I'm a bit distracted to start this week off because both of my kids have strep and are coughing up a storm.
    Still tracking the food though!
    Hopefully I'll get more into the things soon
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Looks like the registration is closed for April...I will make sure I re-register once the May sign-ups are open!

I'm looking forward to re-starting this journey! I have quite a few pounds that I'd like to get rid of....

Tim
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I noticed that some of my wonderful teammates speak about tracking food even when it's ugly. I so definitely agree! I always tell myself that I can eat anything I want, as long as I track it. Log everything with as much honesty and accuracy as possible. If you bite it, write it!
    I'm on another challenge, with a teammate who is at goal, like me. But now she feels like she should be able to eat intuitively and not track. I get it that logging all the time can feel tedious. But to me it makes no sense to throw out the system that got me to my goal weight. So I have every intention of continuing to plan my meals and eating according to the plan. When I eat off plan, track every bite. There's no magic at the end of the rainbow. You get to your goal weight, and you keep on living it day by day. For life.

-Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    tfelts147 wrote: »
    Looks like the registration is closed for April...I will make sure I re-register once the May sign-ups are open!

I'm looking forward to re-starting this journey! I have quite a few pounds that I'd like to get rid of....

Tim

I would reach out to @jugar
This discussion has been closed.