Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 242.0
    CW: 245.4

+3.4 lbs
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa How much snow did you end up getting? I bet the kids would be excited to play in it if you got a bunch. How is your neck and shoulder doing now?

@Katmary71 That is good that you reported the pharmacy, and I hope you will get it all straightened out soon. I’m sorry you have pain and stress. <3

@19shmoo69 Congrats on your NSV! Clipping one’s toes without dying is a great accomplishment. :D I will be praying that your two spots of interest will be gone! Congrats on your 50 lb. loss!!

@Cornanda, congrats on your great loss this week!! :)

@askewcr I hope you start feeling better soon! 💓

@vegan4lyfe2012 Welcome to Onderland!! That is fantastic. : 🤩🎉

@Veta2018 Wow, you are doing great! Congrats on your 40 lb. loss!!

@trooworld You are NOT a fraud and you are a great captain! 💓 This year has been a huge struggle for me, too, and getting back on track has been hard. But we NEVER quit! Do we?? I’m working on remembering my why, which is that I don’t want to be old with diabetes, bad knees, and other health problems. Food will always be a part of our lives, so we must set ourselves up to enjoy our food while still getting the desired results. Something we all need to struggle with constantly. BUT we got this! :)

Good morning! Well, my weight gain wasn’t as bad as I had feared. I am back on track and doing well, other than eating too many of these tiny coffee caramels I bought the other day at TJ Maxx. Soooo tasty! :D Yesterday, I did a rebound workout, stuck to my eating plan, and drank a ton of water. My body must have been flushing some of the water weight gain because I was up half the night going to the bathroom. 🙄 I tried to count calories, but I can’t do it! I hate it! But I am writing everything down that I’m eating. Even those tiny caramels! I am really worried that if I don’t get my weight under control, I will be facing some major health issues, and I don’t want that. OK, I’m off to bounce and maybe start cleaning my closet. It’s a nightmare! 😳
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @trooworld i think tracking is a good goal. I’m with ya. I need to get back into tracking everything every day.

The Day Before Thursday Ice Breaker Question

What is your dream job?

A professor at an university and conducting research
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @reshii_devi I’m fascinated to hear examples of what you’ve bene trying? Do you mean like you’ll do keto or vegetarian for a month? Welcome I’m glad you’re here!

Hi @Katmary71 👋🏾 thanks for the warm welcome!
    Started the year feeling flabby and weak so getting leaner and stronger continues to be my primary goal. Began with a basic 4 week strength program in January, progressed to a LiveStrong 4 week weight and resistance band challenge in February and then joined a gym with a pool in March. Still not doing as much weight and resistance training as I'd like, but getting better every week! Swimming regularly now and slowly incorporating more HIIT, kettle bells, battle and jump ropes this month for variety.

Was actually starting to feel a little stuck when I kept regaining and losing the same 3-5lbs last month, but when measured, had lost more than 10 inches, an additional 1.5% body fat and increased my muscle mass by 1.5% !!! No longer as concerned with weight, the measuring tape has become my new bestie, lol

Finally, to continue mixing things up, I'm starting Mediterranean Keto on Monday. The carbs aren't quite as low, but metabolic benefits appear to be the same. Will also fast 24+ hrs this weekend while prepping and preparing for it. Hoping the dietary changes will be an added boost to the increased exercise.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 267
    CW: 268
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    edited April 5
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW:@Jactop @buniphuphu
    TOMORROW WEIGH-IN REMINDER FOR THE FOLLOWING: @865Jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymcrady6278

@TeresaW2024 I just posted about it to @Jugar for you to weigh in Tuesdays.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Woohoo!

@askewcr Oh no hope you get in and out fast and the sinuses are better soon!

@trooworld You’re the best catching all the celebrations, I love that! Congratulations

@vegan4lyfe2012 woohoo! @19shmoo69 Wow 50lbs down is amazing@ @Veta2018
    Congratulations on losing a canoe, lol! Love seeing all these amazing achievements, you all rock!

@trooworld Thanks! The set my nephew loaned me has 5, I was putting in different books in between each one so I wouldn’t get tired of the series. Weirdly the 4th and 5th have been the best. Percy Jackson and the Olympians was just made into a Disney channel show so I know he watched it, he read these a few years ago but with the show may remember it enough to talk about them. I’m not sure if there’s more than 5. Hugs Chris, what I see is a strong woman who doesn’t give up even when things aren’t going well or life is hard who is a great leader and friend to all of us. I sometimes feel that way too if I’m being honest, I haven’t gotten my weight down at all since surgery. You have the best time ever tonight celebrating your art opening!

Hi friends! Worked out and got some charity stuff done. I went by the holistic clinic to return a unit and the woman I’m working with asked me if I’d be willing to talk to a client who was in with her who has MS and CRPS. I ended up hanging out with her for 2 hours and she’s going to go to the support group meeting Sunday which should be fun. Yvonne wanted her to see someone who’s seeing a difference with the same condition hoping it would inspire her more. Interestingly we’re having similar results so far with responses. It felt good to get some of the latest stuff off my chest too. I’m headed next door for dinner, she’s making chicken pot pie and I’m taking wine so my diary will probably be over tonight. Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Ice Breaker Question
    What is your dream job?

I always loved singing and painting as a kid. Through my childhood and teens I always did visual art and singing as a hobby but never got to pursue art or singing professionally. I am currently working towards these goals.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question: What is your dream job? My dream job was to be a teacher. I went to college for it but didn't finish.

@littlebabekitty - Hugs and prayers.
    @Cornanda - Congrats on this weeks loss.
    @askewcr - I hope you're ok and feeling better soon.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Congratulations! Welcome to Onderland!
    @19shmoo69 - Congratulations!
    @trooworld - Your awesome, don't doubt yourself. We all have are ups and downs. Stay calm and take one day at a time. We've got this!
    @reshii_devi - You have a great plan. My weight fluctuated like that too. It's those NSV that keep me going too.
    @Katmary71 - Thank you. Enjoy your night out.

💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪

• Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 6
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm sorry about your Thursday morning and afternoon. What instrument does your nephew play? Funny you should mention Percy Jackson, my son just started reading The Lightning Thief. He would be interested to know that they made it into a Disney series. I hope you have a wonderful evening at your neighbor's place. As for winter sowing, I don't have any spare milk jugs at home ( poor planning) so I planted them in containers and put glass jars on them for the Greenhouse effect. The YouTuber that I follow ( EsthersGardeningAdventures) did something similar with plastic domes so hopefully it will work out. We haven't planned anything for this time. The first week of the month is usually a busy work week for me. We are planning to go to Panama City Beach by the end of May when the temps are a bit higher.

@Cornanda Congrats on your weight loss !!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats!

@19shmoo69 Wow 50lbs, way to go !!

@Veta2018 Congrats on your weight loss journey !!

@trooworld Sorry you are feeling like that but please note that you are an awesome captain and an amazing individual. I'm in a rut myself, I've been stuck at 140s for the past few months. I know you can do this just keep going, things will get better. I hope you have a wonderful time at your art opening and see all your friends.

@TeresaW2024 I love coffee caramels from TJ Max!! I'm not much of a coffee person but something about those coffee caramels that I can't seem to get enough of. Glad you are drinking lots of water and recording everything.

Hello Everyone! Work has been crazy as usual. Hopefully, things will slow down next week. I haven't been walking much these past 2 days, I need to catch up tomorrow and go for a long walk. My mom sent a big package from India for the kids filled with all kinds of desserts, snacks, hard candies and so on which my kids love so much, unfortunately, I like them too so now I'm walking around the house chanting " It's not for me". I hope I don't give in to my cravings. Happy Saturday everyone!!

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,085 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 127.6
    CW: 128.4

Still within my goal range. Need to get back to my center weight of 130.

I will be away for a week in April (April 11-18). I will post my weight on the 11th before I leave.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I loved your toenail clipping post. What a visual!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - THANK YOU for the lovely card. It's gorgeous!

@trooworld - I hope you enjoy the art show. You are a wonderful captain and we'd be lost without you. We all have times that we do well and times that we are on the struggle bus, it's OK. Hugs. And thank you for all you do for the team. I appreciate it.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited April 6
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 We posted at the same time lol. Congrats on the loss and getting back on track! And congrats on getting a job, woo hoo!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you for the support and pep talk. <3 We do never quit. NEVER! I wish I could give up food forever. Ugh. Okay, we got this! I'm glad the gain didn't derail you. Yay! Coffee caramels yum. That's a great WHY. Good luck with your closet!

@gemwolf110 Thanks. It can be a challenge! Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I try. That's a good idea to space those books out (that's a lot of lends lol). Thank you for the support and pep talk. I needed it. That's cool you talked to that lady for 2 hours, I'm sure you were very inspiring. Chicken pot pie sounds yummy!

@littlebabekitty That's awesome that you are working on your dream jobs. I like that.

@Veta2018 Thank you! I appreciate it.

@Divya365 Thank you! We got this! <3 That was sweet of your mom but man, that would be hard to resist! Sometimes visitors from other countries (including India) bring sweets/snacks to my work for us and it is always so hard to try new things that look good. I usually don't resist lol. Have a great day!

@Cornanda Thank you!

Hi all. The art opening went very well, I had 8 of my friends and colleagues come. The man that my friend brought decided he loved my painting and bought it, so that was exciting. It stays in the gallery until the show closes and then I will deliver it to him. But it's paid for now. :D It's not my first time selling one of my paintings, I've sold lots of them, however, it has been a while since I sold one. In a remarkable coincidence, my husband and I, at the same time on the way home said to each other "Hey that guy looked like our old neighbor!" and we put two and two together, we believe it was him! My friend is going to ask him if he used to live where we lived. I was on a high last night from selling my painting and so stayed up until about 11:15 pm. Being in my 50s, my body doesn't let me sleep in like it used to and I got up at 4 am.

No Zero Days: Off day for tracking but didn't overeat dinner.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am feeling better this morning. Got steroid shot and other meds. Looking forward to a great day. Thanks for the concerns pals! <3
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I have our sons baby shower today. It will be a test of how well I can choose healthy foods and portions. I have a plan and a positive attitude. I'm going to start the day with a small breakfast and a hearty workout. I'll probably need one more light snack before the shower, so I'm not starving. I do not want to overeat. This will be the first time seeing a lot of these people since I've lost my weight. I don't want to appear that I'm still dieting, because I don't want people to say stuff like "You can take a cheat day." or "How much skinnier do you want to get?". I want today to be like a normal rest of my life day. I believe that I've learned good habits, I will make good decisions and at the end of the day I will be within my calorie goal.
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
This discussion has been closed.