Nausea After Breakfast

Options
Grimmerdhore
Grimmerdhore Posts: 66 Member
Do you suffer from nausea after eating breakfast (or within 3 hours of waking)? If so, then maybe this will help!

My adult son is a personal trainer and nutritionist. We were discussing our eating habits recently when I revealed that I only eat once per day, at dinner time. He strongly suggested that I begin eating breakfast because that meal establishes the baseline of several things: metabolism, energy level, and Thyroid activity level.

For many years I have deliberately avoided eating breakfast (the first meal within 3 hours of waking) because it always makes me feel queasy or nauseous after eating. So I looked into possible causes and courses of action.

The most likely cause, as self-diagnosed, is a pH imbalance. The best course of treatment is very simple. Begin drinking one to two teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) early in the morning. This is a serious problem for me because I gag at just the smell of ACV. I could not imagine putting it in my mouth at the moment when I historically get upset stomach. So I looked into a bit further and they explained that it is best to dilute the ACV dosage with a lot of water. I still had serious reservations about my ability to drink ACV at all, but especially in the morning.

My son has inspired me to be more aggressive in pursuing my goals, so I bought a bottle of Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother), which is what was recommended. I brought it home and it sat on the kitchen table for several days before I worked up the courage to actually attempt drinking it. I decided that if I'm going to drink it, then I'm going to do it as soon as I wake up, before I have coffee or anything else. Then I have breakfast 60-90 minutes later.

The suggestion I followed for the ACV is to start with a low dose and only increase if needed. So I'm only ingesting 1 teaspoon of ACV to 10 ounces of water. The first day was rough - the smell was still difficult but the actual drink had very little taste. After day 1 breakfast I still had nausea. The same for day 2. But on day 3 there was no nausea. Today is day 4 and there is no nausea.

I am hopeful that this ACV has overcome my breakfast nausea problem, but only time will tell. So far it seems to be working.

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    ACV is one of those things that can be very helpful for some situations.

I have the opposite problem, and can’t really do anything very acidic.

Keep us updated. Very interested to hear how it goes for you in the long run.
  • Grimmerdhore
    Grimmerdhore Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have continued with the ACV in the mornings, but the breakfast nausea has returned. I have discontinued eating breakfast because a) it causes nausea, and b) it causes increased hunger throughout the day. I have returned to my standard OMAD that has been working really well for me.