Accountability: emotional binge

Options
lek1111
lek1111 Posts: 4 Member
Just holding myself accountable: I am trying to be very open about my struggles w weight w my bf. Yesterday and today I found myself backsliding by finding excuses out on errands together to go out separate ways so I could grab some of my normal binge go-tos. I didn’t tell him I ate about 600 calories behind his back at the mall. Twice now. And yesterday we ended up going out to eat and I ordered like I’d banked a ton of calories to save for being out to dinner. I am deeply embarrassed. So far he has been so supportive and even mentioned he was proud of me, yada yada. This is the slipperiest of slopes for me. Just needed to account for this.

Replies

• tinybear2006
    tinybear2006 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All my adult life... when I would over eat I was happy in the moment but felt horrible about it afterward. I do NOT know what it is like to be thin and even though I can never imagine myself thin, I do have a hope this time - now that I was turned on to myfitnesspal. I have been working so hard to make a true effort with this app and will continue to hope it really works for me. I have always held myself accountable for over eating but it just got to the point that I just didn't care what anyone thought of me - I married young and I was already obese when we met. There will always be times where the craving is SOOO overpowering that the only thing to do is cave and that is ok at times. Just be TRUE to yourself and never feel the need to sneak around about it - just be upfront with you bf. He will either accept you or he won't but if that is the only concern you have about him - you can't go on with the rest of your life making him think you are banking calories so you can eat what you want or making excuses to sneak eat without him, hell, take him with you and binge away! I finally met a man that truly does not care what I look like and supports me no matter how big or small I am :) good luck to you guys