Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SUMMER COUNTDOWN GOALS!

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,130 Member
    Monday

When looking at your past, what have been some pivotal moments, epiphanies, game-changers that led to drastic immediate changes in your life?

My mom's heart attack - that 2 weeks I went for "Am I hungry" and FUELING my body with healthy foods only. Not worrying about what other people thought about it. and reminding myself that I would feel MUCH better eating FUEL foods - as it would nourish my body. AND that I would feel disgusting and sick if I ate Ultra processed foods. And certainly I have enough "TO DO" already, that I don't need to add feeling disgusting, sick and gross.

• SherryRueter
    Staying busy, getting my workouts in. Hoping we get some decent fall weeks here this year.
    Tracking my food (goal is a minimum of 5 days/week) even if I blow way past goal, at least quit sticking my head in the sand about what I'm consuming.
    Had a busy weekend, but at least relaxed a bit as well so it was nice. The extra day was huge though since my Saturday I was busting booty all day trying to finish up a huge chore and couple other items around the house.

Hiiiii - I hope you had a good Monday off. I am tracking as well. In a few places. (in Loseit, on a Portion control app, and on paper as a 'bullet journal' ). The more reminders, the better at this phase.
    And I just know that at 2pm I will be thinking sugar. SO I am waiting for that to pop up and for me to reply back "yup, knew the brain would pop in about now. Nope mr. Brain...I'm good. I'm just gonna keep working".

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 345 Member
    Tuesday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: no weigh in
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Hebrews 8) ***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. **
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.**
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. **

Wednesday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.5 lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Hebrews 9) ****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.*
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ***
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.***
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. ***

• justgirl81
    edited September 4
    I'm in a NO sugar challenge for September. So far so good.

I don't agree with all of the rules they have for the daily "points".
    Like "no fast food.
    I'm like... seriously, a chicken nugget doesn't have sugar in it chick.
    and... tbh... Dairy creamer is okay (IMO). Ice cream maybe not, but that 1-2TBSP of creamer in my coffee is staying. (sometimes I use protein shake instead).

I'm back at home. FEELS SO good to be back home again.

Yay for going sugar free. Great job Sherry! I think its one of the worst things for the body.

Sadly, yes many chicken nuggets do contain sugar.... I think its sad that the food industry sneaks sugar into nearly everything (Dried Glucose Syrup, Dextrose)

Chicken McNuggets
    Ingredients: Chicken Breast Meat (45%), Water, Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Maize Flour, Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT Flour (contains Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Starches, Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT Semolina, Breadcrumb (contains Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT), Natural Flavourings (contains Allergen Ingredient:CELERY), Potassium Chloride, Dried Glucose Syrup, Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT Gluten, Salt, Raising Agents (Sodium Carbonates), Pepper, Allergen Ingredient:CELERY, Dextrose.
    Potential Allergen Ingredient:N.B. May contain traces of milk and mustard.
  • justgirl81
    Staying busy, getting my workouts in. Hoping we get some decent fall weeks here this year.
    Tracking my food (goal is a minimum of 5 days/week) even if I blow way past goal, at least quit sticking my head in the sand about what I'm consuming.
    Had a busy weekend, but at least relaxed a bit as well so it was nice. The extra day was huge though since my Saturday I was busting booty all day trying to finish up a huge chore and couple other items around the house.

Great job HoneyBadger!
  • SherryRueter
    I'm in a NO sugar challenge for September. So far so good.

I don't agree with all of the rules they have for the daily "points".
    Like "no fast food.
    I'm like... seriously, a chicken nugget doesn't have sugar in it chick.
    and... tbh... Dairy creamer is okay (IMO). Ice cream maybe not, but that 1-2TBSP of creamer in my coffee is staying. (sometimes I use protein shake instead).

I'm back at home. FEELS SO good to be back home again.

Yay for going sugar free. Great job Sherry! I think its one of the worst things for the body.

Sadly, yes many chicken nuggets do contain sugar.... I think its sad that the food industry sneaks sugar into nearly everything (Dried Glucose Syrup, Dextrose)

Chicken McNuggets
    Ingredients: Chicken Breast Meat (45%), Water, Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Maize Flour, Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT Flour (contains Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Starches, Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT Semolina, Breadcrumb (contains Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT), Natural Flavourings (contains Allergen Ingredient:CELERY), Potassium Chloride, Dried Glucose Syrup, Allergen Ingredient:WHEAT Gluten, Salt, Raising Agents (Sodium Carbonates), Pepper, Allergen Ingredient:CELERY, Dextrose.
    Potential Allergen Ingredient:N.B. May contain traces of milk and mustard.

Okay - I agree then, it has some sugar.
    But SERIOUSLY... I don't have an overeating chicken nugget problem (neither does america). I think the problem is overeating candybars, candies, chips, and desserts. Its the super palletable foods that are sugar bombs.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,323 Member
    Good question @justgirl81. I canโ€™t seem to answer that but unlike most of the world (exaggerating??) I was at my lightest weight and healthiest during that Covid period.

I THINK i felt like like I be just in case any of my family members caught it, did not go out to eat, and stuck at home when I discovered Caroline Girvan - and that gave me something to do consistently that I liked that. Because I hardly went out my meals were consistent and tracked religiously.

Donโ€™t know what I wrote above that I canโ€™t apply now!!! Ugh. Iโ€™m just a rollercoaster. Stress is a lil more now but it was also through the roof years ago. Anyone has any ideas?? ๐Ÿ˜„
  • SherryRueter
    edited September 5
    Good question @justgirl81. I canโ€™t seem to answer that but unlike most of the world (exaggerating??) I was at my lightest weight and healthiest during that Covid period.

I THINK i felt like like I be just in case any of my family members caught it, did not go out to eat, and stuck at home when I discovered Caroline Girvan - and that gave me something to do consistently that I liked that. Because I hardly went out my meals were consistent and tracked religiously.

Donโ€™t know what I wrote above that I canโ€™t apply now!!! Ugh. Iโ€™m just a rollercoaster. Stress is a lil more now but it was also through the roof years ago. Anyone has any ideas?? ๐Ÿ˜„

@CeeBeeSlim - SO was I - at my best weight and healthy habits during covid.
    I think we are eating more foods that contain more sugar, which drives up the appetite/eating. therefore consuming more calories.
  • justgirl81
    Thursday
    Workout: 6 miles CT, 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.7 lbs (so sad)
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Hebrews 10) *****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.*
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ****
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.****
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. ****
  • justgirl81
    edited September 6
    Monday

When looking at your past, what have been some pivotal moments, epiphanies, game-changers that led to drastic immediate changes in your life?

My mom's heart attack - that 2 weeks I went for "Am I hungry" and FUELING my body with healthy foods only. Not worrying about what other people thought about it. and reminding myself that I would feel MUCH better eating FUEL foods - as it would nourish my body. AND that I would feel disgusting and sick if I ate Ultra processed foods. And certainly I have enough "TO DO" already, that I don't need to add feeling disgusting, sick and gross.

So it sounds like you rose to the level of your challenge. Interesting. I've seen that in my life as well. When the competition is strong, my strength (which I only have thanks to the Lord, His strength because I am nothing without Lord Jesus) comes out.
  • justgirl81

I THINK i felt like like I be just in case any of my family members caught it, ......

Interesting. Again, it sounds like you rose to the level of the perceived threat. A strong threat caused your strength to come out.
  • justgirl81
    Friday
    Workout: 6 miles CT, 3 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.0 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Hebrews 11) ******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.**
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ****
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.****
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. *****
  • justgirl81
    edited September 8
    Saturday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 3 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.9 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Hebrews 12) *******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily.**
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *****
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.*****
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. *****
  • justgirl81
    Sunday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 3 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.9 lbs (so disappointed, uncomfortable)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Hebrews 13) *
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.*
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. *
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,039 Member
    I was in my best shape and closest to my goal 'weight' I have been just before covid - the summer/fall preceding it I was on a roll in that regard. During covid I was so preoccupied with my financial situation, gyms being closed, and all of that my fitness and eating started to slide a bit. Then peri started (unbeknownst to me) and now resolving that cute little life-shitake. I did start building up the home gym during that time though, but working out only at home was an adjustment as well.
    ---
    So far a good week, starting to get the eating under control more with tracking and focusing on my protein. It really helps when I consume higher protein, my overall intake is much more manageable!
    Workouts have been consistent as well since my sleep has started to correct. Even on days when my sleep isn't great, I'm still waking up at a decent time - and still before my alarm (although some days the puppy does help with that LOL).
  • justgirl81
    Monday
    Workout: 6 miles CT, 3 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.8 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (James 1) **
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. **
    4. Max 3 cigars/day; progress.*
    5. Invest 1 hour/day minimum in something social outside work. **
  • justgirl81
    I was in my best shape and closest to my goal 'weight' I have been just before covid - the summer/fall preceding it I was on a roll in that regard. During covid I was so preoccupied with my financial situation, gyms being closed, and all of that my fitness and eating started to slide a bit. Then peri started (unbeknownst to me) and now resolving that cute little life-shitake. I did start building up the home gym during that time though, but working out only at home was an adjustment as well.
    ---
    So far a good week, starting to get the eating under control more with tracking and focusing on my protein. It really helps when I consume higher protein, my overall intake is much more manageable!
    Workouts have been consistent as well since my sleep has started to correct. Even on days when my sleep isn't great, I'm still waking up at a decent time - and still before my alarm (although some days the puppy does help with that LOL).

Great progress HB! I am living proof that those "little slides" off track add up with time. :( I need to follow your lead and tighten the reigns.
  • SherryRueter
    September weight goal: 104

1. ๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    2. โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    3. ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    4. ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    5. ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes
    6. ๐Ÿงฎ= I stuck to my meal Plan
    7. ๐Ÿฅ= Calorie Burn over 2000
    8. ๐Ÿ’Š= I took my supplements

Sep 09:๐Ÿฅ› X ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ X X ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ’Š
    Sep 10:
    Sep 11:
    Sep 12:
    Sep 13:
    Sep 14:
    Sep 15:
    Sep 16:
    Sep 17:
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Sherry, where do you find all the emojis? Or are you on mobile?
    For the next 12 weeks (well, 11 now) I'm really embracing my BLC challenge. I don't feel up to a 75 Hard right now, but definitely need to get myself back in line, so that is a good in-between. Hormones are better, but still not 100% and I'm also focusing on getting my Power List back to regular use. Want to push myself, but not set myself up for failure, either.
    My weekly goals are:
    • ST 4x/week
    • 7500 steps 5x/week
    • Sleep ~6.5 hours/night per FitBit
    • Track ALL food min 5x/week
    • 90 minutes of weekend activity/workout (yard work does not count) - can be split up into 2x45min.
  • SherryRueter
    @honeybadger302 I found it here on MFP, and just used my mouse to copy/paste. I'm kinda doing a 75 medium.... which means nothing more to me than I'm doing something for 75 days and hope that I can get all 8 of these as being done MORE days than not.

September weight goal: 104

1. ๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    2. โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    3. ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    4. ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    5. ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes
    6. ๐Ÿงฎ= I stuck to my meal Plan
    7. ๐Ÿฅ= Calorie Burn over 2000
    8. ๐Ÿ’Š= I took my supplements

Sep 09:๐Ÿฅ› X ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ X X ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ’Š
    Sep 10:๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿ“šX๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ’Š
    Sep 11:
    Sep 12:
    Sep 13:
    Sep 14:
    Sep 15:
    Sep 16:
    Sep 17:

I checked myself back into my Coaches food freedom group.
    A question I am TRYING to implement immediately:

What fuel foods do I need to eat so that I feel my best:
    [*] after I eat ?
    [*] Physically ?
    [*] Mentally ?
    [*] AN hour after I eat ?
    [*] all afternoon ?
    [*]

Basically, How can I feel my best?
    and... when I have that URGE hit....

'Sherry are you actually hungry?'
    um, no i am not
    'so food is not the solution, that's what you're saying, right?'
    correct. Food is not the solution. If I could sneak in a nap, or take a walk, that would probably help as well