Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SUMMER COUNTDOWN GOALS!

Replies

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 345 Member
    @justgirl81 - Hugs and prayers.

I have a terrible sinus issue. Likely the new FLiRt varient of covid No workout for me today. I did get in my steps the last few days at least. Nutrition is under calories (pretty sure on that).

I've known SOOOO many people who've had that this past month Sherry! Hugs and prayers to you also girly <3
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,130 Member
    First workout in a long time. chose to do some 45sec on, 15sec rest - body weight, 30min workout. I can tell I am still not well as my endurance is less. But it felt nice to move first thing in the morning.

@justgirl81 It’s great that you’re looking into possible underlying causes. It sounds like you crave a moment of peace (which is something we all crave). Exploring the biochemical angle could definitely be insightful.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,323 Member
    “Peace”. Sigh. If only ! Busy weeks still coordinating care for my mom. Just started back with CG Iron yesterday and sore today. Will lower weights this time around and only do three days of IRON to incorporate the activities I love and miss - TRX, Pilates, kettlebell, boxing, step aerobics. Have a schedule I can stick to - just mentally exhausted. Hope everyone is doing ok.
  • justgirl81
    Tuesday
    Workout: 6 miles CT, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.5 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Thessalonians 2)***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily. *
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. **
    4. Max 2 cigars/day; progress.

• SherryRueter
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    “Peace”. Sigh. If only ! Busy weeks still coordinating care for my mom. Just started back with CG Iron yesterday and sore today. Will lower weights this time around and only do three days of IRON to incorporate the activities I love and miss - TRX, Pilates, kettlebell, boxing, step aerobics. Have a schedule I can stick to - just mentally exhausted. Hope everyone is doing ok.

I was wondering and praying for you. I hope the care for your mom gets lighter so you can find glimmers in your day to do a few things that make your soul happy.

I just started back today for workouts - did a 30min total body - hoping that I went light enough so I'm not sore tomorrow. HOPING to get back to Epic Endgame by Friday.

On a happy note - Mom is getting released to go home today! WOO HOO
    also.... my Bicep curls are progressing - lifted 8# today during therapy without pain.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Thanks so much @SherryRueter. I so appreciate the prayers. I thought of us when I received this today - esp you @justgirl81. We can and will be successful!

d02slr3scya1.jpeg

• justgirl81
    Wednesday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.2 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Thessalonians 3)****
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ***
    4. Max 2 cigars/day; progress.

• justgirl81
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Thanks so much @SherryRueter. I so appreciate the prayers. I thought of us when I received this today - esp you @justgirl81. We can and will be successful!

Thank you CeeBee! <3
  • justgirl81
    Thursday
    Workout: 8 miles run, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.0 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Thessalonians 4)*****
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ****
    4. Max 2 cigars/day; progress.*
  • SherryRueter
    copy and paste from another post....

Weight loss is tricky - our bodies can react to things differently.

Some things I learned.
    • To change eating habits it needs to be gradual and take place over time. Like training for a race - changing eating habits takes practice.
    • Don’t count calories, don’t label foods as good or bad
    • Know in your heart you can do this
    • Endurance athletes need carbohydrates.
    • Eat easy to digest nutrient rich foods before your workout
    • Save the protein for after the workout to build and repair muscles
    • Keep a food log - use what ever format is easiest - but having a spreadsheet where you can get a count of foods by meal is eye opening!
    • Over the course of a day aim for 1/2 of your intake to come from fruits and vegetables, 1/4 whole grains, then proteins, fats, etc.
    • Have fun and experiment with different foods.
    • Try vegetarian and vegan recipes. Chicken breast with 1/4 sweet potato and 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli gets boring
    • Practice portion control - look at your plate or bowl and load up on the veggies
    • Don’t beat yourself up for eating 1/2 a pie or 1/2 dozen donuts at once. It will happen. Especially during different seasons of the month/quarter/life.
    • Your body needs fuel.
    • Build a meal and snack plan for the week + shopping list to support it. Too far out? How about three days then?
    • The scale is brutally honest and sometimes it will appear you are not making progress. Keep at it and stay focused.
    • If you are not already, add in strength, yoga, and a daily walk (doesn’t have to be far, do it at a different time than your training)
    • Be patient and congratulate yourself for ever win.
    • You got this.
    • Keep at it and stay focused

=== And my own add on .... I look at the lifestyle habits of my older relatives and try to remember, is that what I want also? make a line in the sand and simply choose to step over it and not go back.
  • justgirl81
    edited August 10
    Friday
    Workout: 8 miles run
    Weigh In: 108.4lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Thessalonians 5)******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily. **
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *****
  • justgirl81
    edited August 11
    Saturday
    Workout: 8 miles run
    Weigh In: no weigh in

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Thessalonians 1)*******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily. ***
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. ******
    4. Max 2 cigars/day; progress.**

Sunday
    Workout: 5 miles walk
    Weigh In: 105.8 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Thessalonians 2)*
    3. 8 hours consecutive bedrest/day. *
    5. Cut out bisacodyl.

TMI WARNING>>>>I've been using bisacodyl tablets to keep things at least moving through somewhat. I am striving to eliminate them completely this week as I don't want to get in the habit of using a laxative because they can damage the colon.
  • SherryRueter
    Sun: Leg day - Rearend still aches from this. Used my mini ball to rollout my periformis.
    Mon: Cardio Day - Millionaire Hoy fitness on youtube - kickboxing. I love that I can get in 5000 steps during his 35+min workout.

Newsletter from my email:

You don’t need to be in a calorie deficit every day.

A bit like having saving goals, as long as you save on more days than you don’t you’ll be fine.

The more days you get each week being able to save (or in this case spend) you’ll progress better.

The size of the deficit is also what we can call “aggressive” if it’s too big.

The more aggressive the deficit, the faster the progress.

But just the same as money, there are trade-offs with this.

For instance, if you were saving money for a downpayment on a mortgage.

You could put away 10% of your monthly payslip, it may take years to save the money needed, but your quality of life wouldn’t be negated much.

If you saved 50% of your payslip, well life could get tough and you could sacrifice how much you enjoy life in a bid to get there quicker.

Some people have an amount of trade off they're willing to endure to get to that point.

In my opinion, slower progress often is easier to sustain.

But like everything else, it's up to you!

Until tomorrow,

James
  • justgirl81
    Monday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 4 miles walk
    Weigh In: 108.8 lbs (so backed up again.)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Thessalonians 3)**
    5. Cut out bisacodyl.

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Hi all, I haven't been too active in this thread/group since trying to work through my body's issues and getting the HRT thing going. That has been helping a lot, and while summer is almost over, I'm finally feeling like my body is "up" to getting back to my workout routine without sacrificing my job or business ventures.
    I'll have to start out easy and light due to an "off" at this past weekend's races, but no serious issues, just bumps, bruises, and a chunk of elbow flesh missing lol. Enough to warrant a light start, not enough to warrant no start (in fact, light use seems to help a lot with the swelling right now).
  • justgirl81
    Tuesday
    Workout: 8 mile run, 2m walk
    Weigh In: 108.6 lbs (so frustrating)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Tim 1)***
    5. Cut out bisacodyl.

• SherryRueter

Newsletter:
    The purpose of a calorie tracker is to have a rough estimate on the amount of food and energy you require.

Everyone's is about the same.
    We all have goals within them. Protein. Carbs. Calorie targets.

But if you implement it and you don’t lose weight. THAT IS OK.

Reduce calories another 10% until it works.

I’d rather you had 2 weeks not losing fat than the alternative.

Which would be you starving in your first week, breaking from your diet and binging coming to the conclusion that you’re not cut out for dieting.

Which just isn’t true!

So use that amount as a reference, then move from there.

If you’re too hungry and losing weight pretty fast, maybe eat more.

It's about finding the sweet spot for adherence and sustainability.

You are to be your best own scientist.

Until tomorrow.
    James
  • SherryRueter
    Hi all, I haven't been too active in this thread/group since trying to work through my body's issues and getting the HRT thing going. That has been helping a lot, and while summer is almost over, I'm finally feeling like my body is "up" to getting back to my workout routine without sacrificing my job or business ventures.
    I'll have to start out easy and light due to an "off" at this past weekend's races, but no serious issues, just bumps, bruises, and a chunk of elbow flesh missing lol. Enough to warrant a light start, not enough to warrant no start (in fact, light use seems to help a lot with the swelling right now).

WElcome back. IT sounds like you're keeping a going. Hope you're healing better.
  • SherryRueter

Starting a real program for my routine. I was doing Caroline Girvan Epic Endgame but, i don't know, it just didn't feel right. She's good and all, don't get me wrong. It just felt like I was ready to move back to my Beachbody programs.

They have some called SuperBlocks, which are 30mins in length and, I found one that is split by bodypart. Since my bicep still needs light weights, and my rotater cuff and rear delts do also. And, lets not forget how much my shoulder hurts at 2am, which wakes me up.....

My hopes is that this split of workouts will strengthen the tiny muscles that need to be worked.

And the workout Length : 30mins allows me to add 15-30 mins cardio or stretching.

It all comes down to the MINDSET muscle though doesn't it? It’s all up to me. We all face barriers. It’s up to me how I choose to handle them. Working on nutrition goals is hard. I want to keep in mind that It’s up to me to push daily and prove to myself how much I want it.

The grind:
    Day1: Back ✅
    And Millionaire hoy 30min. No equipment hiit cardio: https://youtu.be/2mxbBC8CfgY?si=vwR3xCC8ElbM-LSV

Also some of my PT exercises. Door handle rotater cuff and mini ball periformis release.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Hi All. Sticking to my nutrition goals just in a funky mindset. Overanxious despite everything I tell myself about worrying. I’ll get there. It’s been my mom who has taken most of my time but I’m not witnessing some cognitive deterioration of my dad. Day by day. Breath by breath. 🙏🏽🙏🏽