Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SUMMER COUNTDOWN GOALS!

Replies

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 347 Member
    edited July 19
    Sherry,
    Doctor says it's just IBS. Stress management and healthy lifestyle choices (NO SMOKING) are the best remedies.
    You are doing fantastic girl! Happy that your mom is getting released. <3
  • justgirl81
    Friday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: none
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Saturday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 107.8 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Galatians 5) ******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily*******
    3. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.
  • justgirl81
    Sunday
    Workout: 10 mile run
    Weigh In: 107.6 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Galatians 6) *
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily
    3. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day. *
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,130 Member
    edited July 22
    I was browing instagram, came across a nutritionist and LOVE her content. *Happens to me a lot*

This is one of the posts. I thought I would share. I used to be constipated a LOT. I didn't really "Change" anything but, things move through me better now. The one thing that shifted is that I get up at 5am and from 5-6am I sip on my water.... 24-32 oz glass of pre-workout (water plus 2 scoops of a caffiene bcaa powder). I never related this to how I always have to "GO" before I workout (who wouldn't, its a large amount of water). Sharing her post below. Skip of you don't wanna read it.

===============================

I had my client make just ONE little change (that doesn’t involve spending a ton of $) and her bloat totally went away.

➡️ WHY?

Because it made her bowel movements more regular and complete!!

WAIT! Don’t stop reading yet ➡️➡️ Even if you’re going everyday, you can still be super backed up if your BMs aren’t complete. This feels like:

- You’re still bloated or full-feeling after going
    - You get a lot of string-like pasty poops
    - Your poops are hard or, my personal favorite, deer pellet poops

And when you’re backed up, there’s not a lot of space for gas & liquid in your gut to move through… and you end up feeling like this: 🎈 (which could also be because you have more poop inside you than you think)

So what’s the one thing that I told my client to try that actually helped??

💫 Chug a big glass of ice cold water first thing when you wake up! Thats it!

WHY does this help??

Cold temperatures & large volumes stimulate something called the gastrocolic reflex, which stimulates movement & contractions through the gut and your poop reflexes.

This reflex is most active in the morning hours, so the goal is to take advantage of that and do things that spark it the most.

More movement & contractions ➡️ more satisfying & complete poops ➡️ less back up ➡️ less bloat!!

The more your gut & brain receive a signal/urge to go and you respond to it, the more those signals will be more consistent & reliable.

In other words, we’re training your brain & gut to get on your team vs. battle against you every day, leading to more and more symptoms.

➡️ WILL THIS WORK FOR YOU?

IMPORTANT: whether or not it works depends on YOUR specific brand of bloat!

Piecemealing stuff you find online can only get you so far. Working with an expert can give you personalized strategies for YOUR specific brand of bloat (I say brand because there are SO many different types of bloat!)
    💌 @realgood_nutrition
  • SherryRueter
    justgirl81 wrote: »
    Thursday

Been retaining tons of water. That always happens when I'm smoking. If I really want to drop this last 5lbs, the tobacco has to go!

I agree, that one little change will impact your health in SUCH a positive way girlfriend. have you been able to taper down at all yet? What's holding you back from stopping?
  • justgirl81
    Monday
    Weigh In: 107.2 lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Ephesians 1) **
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily*

I want to stop smoking so badly. I want to have nice skin and energy again. Most importantly, I want to fulfill my covenant with Heavenly Father God and my Lord Jesus Christ and walk with the Holy Spirit.
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 wrote: »
    Thursday

Been retaining tons of water. That always happens when I'm smoking. If I really want to drop this last 5lbs, the tobacco has to go!

I agree, that one little change will impact your health in SUCH a positive way girlfriend. have you been able to taper down at all yet? What's holding you back from stopping?

Great question Sherry! I appreciate you caring.
    I had to stop and think to answer. I think it's the one time in the day I allow myself to sit down and not feel guilty about sitting and not working.
  • SherryRueter
    I feel like I have so much on my plate with elder care for my mom, and then my brother asks me to do a couple things for him. On top of full time work (thankfully and appreciatively I can do a few tasks while there). Some days, I just thank the lord for everything - and some days i wish he wouldn't trust me so dang much to handle it all. Growing older certainly isn't as I expected.

I listened to a podcast segment on the way into work. It was talking about how from the age of 40-60 you can make dramatic changes in your health for the better, or for the worse. The choice is yours. A Healthier lifestyle ... Impacts how frequently you will visit the doctor from 60-80+
    It's really all up to us and how we want that final chapter to go.
  • SherryRueter
    elliptical today plus mobility work
    yesterday food was not on point.
    Today it will be. back to the grind.

I really enjoy how a workout can relax my mind.
    I really hate how a phone/ social media distracts and makes me feel more anxious.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,323 Member
    Hi Pals. In for a quick stop in. Spent the last week with my mom in the hospital. Went in for something minor, then kidney issues. Sigh. She was discharged yesterday and doing much better.

And - after practically fasting for the last week (full of stress, no appetite, and literally ate the leftover bits of her hospital food for 7 DAYS) the scale reports I’m down .4 from when I weighed a week ago. A whopping .4 pounds.

Someone make it make sense. I cursed that scale in 40 different languages! 🤣. I think the Almighty is trying to tell me something. Not sure what. Stop focusing on what’s not important. Be thankful for what you have. Not sure. But gonna dust myself off, eat better, find my ideal weight based on body fat, age, etc. and go from there!

Missed yall!
  • justgirl81
    Tuesday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 4 mile run
    Weigh In: 108.1 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Ephesians 1) ***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily*
  • SherryRueter
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Hi Pals. In for a quick stop in. Spent the last week with my mom in the hospital. Went in for something minor, then kidney issues. Sigh. She was discharged yesterday and doing much better.

And - after practically fasting for the last week (full of stress, no appetite, and literally ate the leftover bits of her hospital food for 7 DAYS) the scale reports I’m down .4 from when I weighed a week ago. A whopping .4 pounds.

Someone make it make sense. I cursed that scale in 40 different languages! 🤣. I think the Almighty is trying to tell me something. Not sure what. Stop focusing on what’s not important. Be thankful for what you have. Not sure. But gonna dust myself off, eat better, find my ideal weight based on body fat, age, etc. and go from there!

Missed yall!

OH my Ceebee! How scarey.... That is so hard, I can 100% relate. High stress. On the plus side, you didn't revert to eating snacks.

Things to think about:
    1) Nutrient QUALITY in food is better for your internal organs than Ultra Processed nutrient void food.
    2) Stress causes inflammation in the body. That can be seen on the scale.
    3) God is in control. Trust & Believe he is going thru this with you.
    4) Strength training, Arms, Legs, Butt, etc will help you when you are in your last chapter of life
    5) Yoga, mobility, stretching, etc are all just as important as Rest, sleep and walking and working out.

How is mom? Is she at home or in a care facility? Do you have siblings that help you?
  • CeeBeeSlim
    @SherryRueter Thanks for the kind words and reminders! I so need to hear them.

My niece who is visiting is helping me. 4 brothers and my dad - no help there. Well, you know - this is women’s work 😕. Waiting to hear from a home health organization today so my mom can be assessed for skilled nursing, physical therapy etc. I’m dreading the day when the USAF calls my niece with the job she wants! She’s at home with me and will be for a while.

I’ll have to figure how to do it but after my back feels like I slept on a pile of rocks for the last week, I will build in some yoga and Pilates work at least twice a week. I was so focused on liss cardio and weight training - I didn’t prioritize it at all.

Right now, Caroline Girvan is 4 5 days a week. So two days can be Pilates or yoga.
  • justgirl81
    edited July 25
    Wednesday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 1 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.1 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Ephesians 3, did Eph 2 yesterday, was typo)***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily**
    3. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day. **
  • SherryRueter
    @CeeBeeSlim - God has your niece there for a reason, remember that. And... as one older lady told me, "God will not give you more than you can handle. But I wish he didn't trust me so much!" - Mother Teresa. Now if SHE felt that way... no wonder you and I , etc. feel that way. Prayers for you.
    How about instead of a whole DAY of Pilates or yoga, you just add on 5-10mins at the end of your workout? Maybe that would be more doable? that's what my Chiropractor has me doing. And sometimes I slip some in after dinner. - WHICH CAROLINE GIRVAN one are you doing? IRON?

Today was Leg day. First time using freeweights in a while. I tried to go light, using 8#, 10# and 15# but the deadlift I did 1 weight of 25#. My bicep seemed to handle it okay.
    Tomorrow is Back and Biceps. I haven't used either since the bicep tear/injury. i'm not sure how light I will start at. I definitely want high reps and low weights ...as to not injure it.

Justgirl81 Nice job on the ** for #3.

EPIC ENDGAME DAY 8 tomorrow
  • SherryRueter
    Bicep day. I'm not sure that was a great idea. My shoulder feels stressed. A 2 or 3 on the pain scale.
    Used 8 # and 5# and 3# but did about 36 reps and 25 reps.
    Hammer curl
    Alternating cork screw curl
    Y Curl
    W curl
    Standard Curl

used Carolines "Bicep Blowout" workout as a guide, but only followed her move. Then between each Bicep curl, I did abs.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Yep @SherryRueter. Iron. Plan to start on Monday. I’ve done the kettlebell seekers, beast mode, iron, and fuel. I like your idea of the add on. I was doing heavy weights and kinda “thickened”. Not the look I was after so may go lower weights, higher reps.

Psychologically, the 30 min max of iron makes me feel it’s achieveable. And that’s about all I can handle. I’ve tried adding in yoga and some ab work and then it’s close to an hour.

Hahaha - with the Mother Teresa quote. It. Is. Just. Sooo. Soooo. Much. The stress, the level of detail, the worrying that you missed something, the lack of sleep - but I’m blessed to have her and keep doing what I do!

I’m sure I will feel much better once my sleep routine and workout routine normalize! This weekend, the skilled nurse and physical therapist will visit my mom so hopefully those visits will go well.

• justgirl81
    Thursday
    Workout: 7 mile walk
    Weigh In: No weigh in

Friday
    Weigh In: 106.8 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Ephesians 4 and 5)******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily****
    3. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day. ****
  • justgirl81
    Saturday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 3m walk
    Weigh In: 108.5 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Ephesians 6)*******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily*****
    3. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day. ****

Why is it that I don't stay consistent with my goal of cutting out smoking, yet I stay hardcore consistent with my Bible reading? Because I know for a fact that I need God's word to guide me through this season of my spiritual journey completley. I must not have myself convinced that I also NEED to be clean of tobacco. strange.
  • justgirl81
    Sunday
    Weigh In: 107.8 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Philipians 1)*
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily
    3. Bed by 10pm LATEST.