Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SUMMER COUNTDOWN GOALS!

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,130 Member
    Okay - I am off work until Wed. Things are so intense with this eldercare and funeral. Praying my moms strength continues to improve daily.
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 347 Member
    Wednesday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 1 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.5 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Corinthians 9) ****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily****
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) * (nightshift for a little while)
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.***
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,323 Member
    🙏🏽 for your mom, @SherryRueter. Thankful for a lil relief from the heat!
  • justgirl81
    Thursday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in

Friday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 1 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.2 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Corinthians 10) *****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily*****
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) ** (nightshifted for a little while)
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.****
  • justgirl81
    Okay - I am off work until Wed. Things are so intense with this eldercare and funeral. Praying my moms strength continues to improve daily.

<3 Prayers said for your mom Sherry.
  • justgirl81
    Saturday
    Workout: 8 mile run, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.2 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Corinthians 11) ******
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) *** (nightshifted for a little while)
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.****
  • justgirl81
    Sunday
    Weigh In: 108.7 lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Corinthians 12) *
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily*
    3. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.

This weight gain is disappointing. I am stopping probiotics all together for a while.
  • justgirl81
    Monday
    Weigh In: 105.8 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Galatians 1) **
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily**
  • SherryRueter
    I debated on using the scale this morning so, I used my tape measurer and it had me down about 1inch in the waist. It was unbelievable, so I said to myself, I have to be down in weight also. And I am! Stepped on the scale twice. Both read 102.6
    I do feel good - even without knowing that number. The last 2 weeks I have been very intentional about eating food (not processed as much), and resting. Granted, I have not been doing my weight lifting, so some of that drop is definitely inflammation from strength training that was released. Some of it was my Nutrition plan being Vegitarian except 1 meat at dinner time. And, some of it has to be muscle loss, since I am not weight training and have not been for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

Today I did a very low weight 3#-8# workout. It went well, by no means was hard, but I was able to use that weight and do high reps without pain. And that was the goal.

djf0nc1vqs9y.png
  • SherryRueter
    Mom is heading in the right direction so far. Praying for a bubble of protection around her. I cannot imagine losing her. I know it will one day come, but I cannot imagine how hard that will be.

It looks like you both are going thru your workouts and making progress. nice job.
  • SherryRueter
    justgirl81 wrote: »
    Sunday

This weight gain is disappointing. I am stopping probiotics all together for a while.

I haven't been doing Probiotics the past 3-4 weeks. But i have been focusing on getting in my veggies - more of a "feed my healthy gut bacteria" approach, as opposed to diversifying the current bacteria that live there.

• justgirl81
    Tuesday
    Weigh In: 108.6 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Galatians 2) ***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily***
  • justgirl81
    I debated on using the scale this morning so, I used my tape measurer and it had me down about 1inch in the waist. It was unbelievable, so I said to myself, I have to be down in weight also. And I am! Stepped on the scale twice. Both read 102.6

I think that's great Sherry! So happy for you! :)
    How tall are you if I may ask?
  • justgirl81
    Sunday

I haven't been doing Probiotics the past 3-4 weeks. But i have been focusing on getting in my veggies - more of a "feed my healthy gut bacteria" approach, as opposed to diversifying the current bacteria that live there.

Nice. If I do any more veggies I may turn green. lol. Easily 15 servings/day. I'm like a bunny. lol
  • SherryRueter

I think that's great Sherry! So happy for you! :)
    How tall are you if I may ask?

5'0" but I round up to 5'1"
  • hamstercheeks
    hamstercheeks Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all, I would like to try again at losing a bit of weight this summer and increase healthy habits. I have been stuck at around 135 lbs for 3 years now which doesn’t feel that great on me, and many of my clothes don’t fit anymore.

Also I am 59. I am 5’5” tall and weight 135 lbs. I am under a lot of stress. I was diagnosed with full-blown osteoporosis in July 2023. I need to get on a drug treatment for that but still debating which drug. I also have high cholesterol and need to reduce that. I enjoy cooking and eating very much. I have a huge sweet tooth. My elderly parents live with us and they have dementia, but I don’t want to “kick them out” until they need nursing home care. That day may be coming soon. I work more than full-time. I have a husband but no kids. I am quite physically active; I walk a lot, hike, bike and hit the gym regularly, but I have zero routine. My personal life happens in the spaces around on my parents’ needs and their many medical appointments.

Based on the above, my goals are:

Nutrition and weight goals:
    • GW 126 lbs (CW 135 lbs)
    • 1200 mg of calcium per day, through a combo of supplements and nutrition (I have osteoporosis)
    • < 200 mg of cholesterol per day
    • 90g of protein per day
    • 1250 cal a day to lose 1.5 lbs per week until end of August (1950 cal a day for maintenance after reaching GW)

Lifestyle goals:
    • Work out at the gym 3x per week (mostly for core and general strength, sometimes swimming, currently I only make it about once per week)
    • Biking 2x per week
    • Walking 1/2 hour a day
    • Hiking up a local mountain 1x per week (a new routine)
    • Sleep 7.5 hours a night (I am terrible at going to bed and often stay up all night to finish my work or to surf the web mindlessly because I am so busy during the day)
    • Find some me-time to follow my creative passions

I think a realistic goal is for me to check in 1x per week and report on the week. I just feel completely overwhelmed with my caregiving tasks right now, and I see that several of you are caregivers as well, and my heart goes out to you. It’s a tough, tough job but we are giving back to our parents and protecting them as they decline. They desperately need us.

Take care everyone, you are doing great!

• SherryRueter
    Hi all, I would like to try again at losing a bit of weight this summer and increase healthy habits. I have been stuck at around 135 lbs for 3 years now which doesn’t feel that great on me, and many of my clothes don’t fit anymore.

Also I am 59. I am 5’5” tall and weight 135 lbs. I am under a lot of stress. I was diagnosed with full-blown osteoporosis in July 2023. I need to get on a drug treatment for that but still debating which drug. I also have high cholesterol and need to reduce that. I enjoy cooking and eating very much. I have a huge sweet tooth. My elderly parents live with us and they have dementia, but I don’t want to “kick them out” until they need nursing home care. That day may be coming soon. I work more than full-time. I have a husband but no kids. I am quite physically active; I walk a lot, hike, bike and hit the gym regularly, but I have zero routine. My personal life happens in the spaces around on my parents’ needs and their many medical appointments.

Based on the above, my goals are:

Nutrition and weight goals:
    • GW 126 lbs (CW 135 lbs)
    • 1200 mg of calcium per day, through a combo of supplements and nutrition (I have osteoporosis)
    • < 200 mg of cholesterol per day
    • 90g of protein per day
    • 1250 cal a day to lose 1.5 lbs per week until end of August (1950 cal a day for maintenance after reaching GW)

Lifestyle goals:
    • Work out at the gym 3x per week (mostly for core and general strength, sometimes swimming, currently I only make it about once per week)
    • Biking 2x per week
    • Walking 1/2 hour a day
    • Hiking up a local mountain 1x per week (a new routine)
    • Sleep 7.5 hours a night (I am terrible at going to bed and often stay up all night to finish my work or to surf the web mindlessly because I am so busy during the day)
    • Find some me-time to follow my creative passions

I think a realistic goal is for me to check in 1x per week and report on the week. I just feel completely overwhelmed with my caregiving tasks right now, and I see that several of you are caregivers as well, and my heart goes out to you. It’s a tough, tough job but we are giving back to our parents and protecting them as they decline. They desperately need us.

Take care everyone, you are doing great!

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you post.
    Yes, I am a recent "primary care" decider for my mother, 77yr. I live 13 hours away, so a lot of what i do is call the doctor and share info with my 2 older brothers. Man, this care taker role is NOT for the weak at heart. it takes a lot of strength.

I Totally and completely get the 10# you want to lose. Its a feeling for sure. You can do this! It sounds like you have many healthy habits already, its just a little baby step more into consistency.
  • justgirl81
    Wednesday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 109.0 lbs (soooo backed up. miserable)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Galatians 3) ****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily****

• SherryRueter
    Slim in 6 express *High Rep workout, biceps, triceps, shoulders and back.
    Nutrition feeling on point. Mainly because I am very much NOT having processed/ultra processed foods.

Sorry Justagirl that you are backed up. Does the doctor ever tell you why this continues to happen?

Mom did good at yesterday's appt. Her heart eCHO went to 35% so that's great. I am guessing sometime next week she will get to go home.

Work is slow today, just the way it is at a help desk.
    Hope you all had a good day.

• justgirl81
    Thursday
    Workout: 6 mile CT, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.5 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (Galatians 4) *****

Been retaining tons of water. That always happens when I'm smoking. If I really want to drop this last 5lbs, the tobacco has to go!